Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
MrNibbs
05 Aug 12 12:11
| Topic/replies: 12,054 | Blogger: MrNibbs's blog
A minority of users are making a mockery of the forums.

After getting banned, they simply start another account and continue where they left off.

I would like to suggest users should only be allowed to post if their Betfair account has actually been used for betting, or has money in it.
Pause Switch to Standard View Funded accounts to post on the Forum
Show More
Report tobermory August 6, 2012 10:55 PM BST
the main issue is people who start 40 threads a day on the same subject tbf ,rather than 'normal' forumites who may have been banned years ago but don't do any harm under their current names
Report tobermory August 6, 2012 11:05 PM BST
most people on here don't want anyone banned for the odd post/comment

People who make racist remarks can be answered on here.

What people do get sick of seeing is 2/3 of chit chat or football forum filled up with threads about Poles on the dole or similar drivel
Report danniellasmincepies August 6, 2012 11:15 PM BST
what about the ones who smell of pee
Report danniellasmincepies August 6, 2012 11:15 PM BST
Blush
Report tobermory August 6, 2012 11:17 PM BST

Aug 6, 2012 -- 5:14PM, Team_GB wrote:

Captain Scarlet was the former banned forumite Swearbox who is a persistant troll

really?? why didn't you mention that before

Report tobermory August 6, 2012 11:24 PM BST
OK so you've fallen out with people.

Most people have others on here that they don't get on with, argue with and so on.

What most people don't do is start hundreds of threads about this feud, droning on and and on and on and on.........

If you can't just ignore them, have a laugh about it , or really just not give a **** , then you shouldn't be on here

Apart from fkn up the forum with endlessly repeating the same statements/questions/thread titles , the people that run it must wonder if you are mentally all there when they are monitoring this stuff
Report Burton-Brewers August 6, 2012 11:27 PM BST
"Also it is disgusting the bullying ,stalking and trolling on here"

would it be fair to include yourself in those categories regarding your constant accusations of me being another poster?
Report R0P August 6, 2012 11:35 PM BST
He isnt me GB
Report Burton-Brewers August 6, 2012 11:36 PM BST
because I was sent a pm telling me to ignore it
Report tobermory August 6, 2012 11:39 PM BST
you seem overly sensitive

why care about what people say about you on here really
Report Burton-Brewers August 6, 2012 11:40 PM BST
sorry that would not be fair on who sent it, I have made my point on the subject it is up to you what you believe. I'm spending less time on the forum so it doesn't really matter to me now.
Report R0P August 6, 2012 11:45 PM BST
That thread was just after you called me a racist on 2 seperate threads for no reason what so ever GB, something you've done before on several occasions and I've just let it ride so as not to get into a petty t1t for tat with you....like now, Goodnight
Report tobermory August 6, 2012 11:57 PM BST
i've seen plenty of people here called allsorts of names and they just aren't bothered

most people are not affected by such things on a forum
Report CaptainScarlet August 6, 2012 11:57 PM BST
Stretch you need to chill out for a moment and read and inwardly digest this post. There are many many previously banned posters active on here now under new names. Some have been granted their posting privileges back after a period in the sin bin and others are flying under the radar hoping that they won't be spotted if they behave. There are a small minority of posters who are serial account starters, you would be one of them. The serial account starters are what prompted this thread. Betfair doesn't like the serial account starters and are taking steps to make it very hard for them to return. The forumites on here don't like the serial account starters because of the way they tend to disrupt proceedings...they are serial account starters for a reason...they keep getting banned.

Your calling for a change to the rules is laudable and I fully support your plea...there is no level playing field...the length of ban is purely random with some getting life for a simple misdemeanour and others getting a temp ban for far worse and some appearing to be living the life of Riley posting pretty much anything they choose(swearwords) and getting away with it completely. A lot has to do with the reports/emails that are sent in complaining about a poster imo...the more upset/outraged the complainer appears to be the worse it is for the poor sod who has been reported. The mods don't police our threads so no report = no ban.

I've never called for you to be banned from here and I don't start threads FAO Mods This Is Stretch's New Name etc...there's a reason for that...I don't need to because your posting style has a way of making you known before you get 10 posts under your belt when you reappear under a new name. That said, I still wouldn't start those threads, yet you seem to delight in trying to get me booted off here pretty much every day.

These forums are populated by characters just like the people we work with or attend uni with or drink with or play sport with, whatever. We like some more than others but we rarely, if ever, single any of our circle out and tell them we don't want them around. We fall out, yes, but we patch it up. This place is a bit like an extension of our 'real life' social circle  and it's filled with all sorts, some we like and some we don't like so much and some we cannot stand but we are a bit more fortunate than in real life...we can pick and choose our friends far more easily. We can choose to avoid those we cannot stand...we aren't forced to read what they say or interact with them in any way. We can simply choose to interact with those we like or don't mind if and when we want to.

Everyone who has been on here for any reasonable amount of time has his own identity and that is what drives conversation/confrontation on here. There are only a really really small minority on here that are out to cause grief and have nothing positive whatsoever to contribute...those rare the people you should be directing your vitriol towards, not me or Paddy or TMP or the many others you single out when you've had a few.

I'm proud to say I'm an ex banned poster (username withheld for reasons best known to myself) who has learned how this place works and how to play the game here without having to resort to a tirade of f bombs and the like. Learn to do the same Stretch before they can you for good mate cos regardless of what you think about me I'll actually miss you being around.

BETFAIR if you're reading (how can you not be?) you really do need to sort out some amnesty for a great many of the people that have been the lifeblood of these forums and lift some bans. Allowing the odd swearword is a small price to pay in exchange for a thriving forum full of people who have earned the right to be here via their lifetime commission payments. If you keep getting rid of folk it'll end up like Betd@q and no-one here wants that.

I haven't proof read that so it best make sense.
Report R0P August 6, 2012 11:59 PM BST
Is Islam a race? that thread was good debate, not racist simply discussing immigration and religion, it ws 12 pages long and a year old on the forum until you read it....what does that say, also the 2 threads you called me racist on today one was me saying I had soft spot for Jess Ennis, you know her ethnicity dont you? and the other thread was me helping someone out as to where to camp and what to do in Maun Botswana, you know where that is? I lived and worked there for 8 months and helped out on community projects....can you now see how offensive your flippant remarks are?
Report tobermory August 7, 2012 12:03 AM BST
seems like a fair post from Scarlet
Report greenviking August 7, 2012 12:07 AM BST
Hello Mr.Vegas-whats this farcicle rubbish about nasty abuse via PM?
Report R0P August 7, 2012 12:12 AM BST
Stretch it was a news report on official government and police figures and worthy debate,not made up racist nonesense as you put it...I cant be anymore clearer to you and have explained it perfectly well for normal folk to understand, chit chat used to have heated debate at one time before yourself and others started threads like 'have you ever been kicked in the face' or another beaut 'songs for mugging victims' .....I coud go on but I feel reasoned conversation with you is futile..
Report greenviking August 7, 2012 12:13 AM BST
Hmm I say to thee nay-do you feel victimised by Betfair cos of your bannings?
Report greenviking August 7, 2012 12:18 AM BST
I have been civil to you on this thread and you have insulted me without provocation-and you then ponder why you are banned and vapourised all the time.
Time for a good chat with yourself Vegas,some introspection.
Report crags August 7, 2012 12:19 AM BST
Yes, lets get rid of all these nutters and get back to the old regular posters that we used to have on chit chat. They don't seem to post much now, which is a real shame  Plain
Report crags August 7, 2012 12:20 AM BST
Plain
Report crags August 7, 2012 12:20 AM BST
Plain
Report greenviking August 7, 2012 12:24 AM BST
A bitter and twisted work is what you are Vegas.Why canst thou merely behave in a normal fashion?Whats the real issue?
Report R0P August 7, 2012 12:24 AM BST
Because you where on a drunken rampage and simply cant handle adults debating sensibly
Report greenviking August 7, 2012 12:28 AM BST
So how does that explain you acting the tit with everyone else on the forum?
Report crags August 7, 2012 12:28 AM BST
Chit chat may be rubbish now, but it wasn't really much better with the ckique running it. Now they are getting a taste of their own medecine they don't like it and are spitting their dummies out. Well, fook 'em.
Report greenviking August 7, 2012 12:34 AM BST
Many many people-1 example you abused Pistachios relationship with his kids not so long ago.That is totally unacceptable,you have a rotten streak running through you
Report CaptainScarlet August 7, 2012 12:47 AM BST
Team_GB
07 Aug 12 00:26
| Topic/replies: 524 | Blogger: Team_GB's blog
A message to Captain Scarlet who is the banned forumite Swearbox.

Could you answer me one thing why do you constantly call me Stretch? I will tell you why because you are CONSTANTLY trying to out me  and give me as much grief as possible.Nearly everypost you write to me contains the name Stretch who you know is banned forumite .

Answer me that you nasty bullying stalking troll

Bob already has...you are who you are...if you can't be true to yourself then there's no point offering up your voice. I call you Stretch because EVERYONE knows who Stretch is...you change ur name several times a day some days...people can't keep up with that...but you'll always be remembered as Stretch...you should embrace that not run away from it. You're a forum legend like it or not...if you don't want to be known for who you used to be then you have a lot of work to do to find a new character because he's (Stretch) in you are you are in him.
Report R0P August 7, 2012 12:47 AM BST
I asked  ROP why did betfair remove your thread about muslim men more likely to rape than white men .

The thread wasnt that at all GB, again you are just making things up to stir trouble, Il leave you to it, as I've stated I have made myself perfectly clear and its not my fault if you cant debabte world affairs like an adult, its above you and because of your lack of understanding you shout abuse, run along and stick to you mugging songs threads.
Report CaptainScarlet August 7, 2012 12:52 AM BST
You do call me Swearbox...every day and in most of the threads you post on where my name is mentioned. You don't hear me crying do you?
Report greenviking August 7, 2012 12:53 AM BST
| Topic/replies: 121 | Blogger: DWP.JSA.142's blog
greenviking you are free from blame are you?

I seem to remember rather VILE and disgusting comparison made with a monkey and a certain popular UK rap star.

---------------------------------------------------------
That was not done by me,ye false accusers.What was your username from when you SEEM to remember this?
Report CaptainScarlet August 7, 2012 12:54 AM BST
Because I can't...simple as.
Report liamcol August 7, 2012 12:57 AM BST
Betfair Community Manager 3 06 Aug 12 13:22 Joined: 06 Jun 11 | Topic/replies: 83 | Blogger: Betfair Community Manager 3's blog
We're working on this MrNibbs and apologise for the irritation we know it causes everyone. We'll update as soon as we know when this is likely to happen.

No disrespect, BCM3, but I told Betfair ten years ago how to fix this, they ignored me, and now reap what they sowed.
Report R0P August 7, 2012 12:58 AM BST
You tell me stretch.... its over a year old, dozens posted on it no problem, it remained on the forum for over a year,  you 'discovered' it, it dissappeared as did I and you've plagued on about it since....
Report greenviking August 7, 2012 12:58 AM BST
The comparison between some pop star and a monkey was certainly not me Bob.If this is true go through your archive of threads and comments and post it back up.Jumping on jsa bull shoite wagon like that is just sad
Report greenviking August 7, 2012 12:59 AM BST
What was Jsa original username?
Report Crisp77 August 7, 2012 12:59 AM BST
What we need is a great big melting pot
Report CaptainScarlet August 7, 2012 1:03 AM BST
There are good reasons for my current username and why I chose it. That should be enough of an answer. I don't like being banned and I don't like pathetic little whiners grassing me up to other forumites in the hope that they'll dob me in either...you are that pathetic little whining grass Stretch which is why I choose usernames that aren't so bloody obvious as to who is behind them.
Report greenviking August 7, 2012 1:04 AM BST
Just wait until I get the one piece of info on you I need.The aforementioned activities will pale in comparison.
Report greenviking August 7, 2012 1:04 AM BST
Vegas
Report CaptainScarlet August 7, 2012 1:16 AM BST
Team_GB
07 Aug 12 01:09
| Topic/replies: 537 | Blogger: Team_GB's blog

So why do you call me Stretch even though i don't want you to call me Stretch ? Answer me that you nasty piece of work?

What does it matter what I call you? EVERYONE KNOWS WHO YOU ARE REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOUR DISPLAY NAME IS FFS. LEOPARD/SPOTS/NO CHANGEE.

I've offered some bang on advice to you on this thread and either it went straight over your head or you ignored it...your days are numbered here and if you wish to remain an active poster you'd better start taking some really drastic steps. For myself, I've already done that and no I'm not revealing what I've done.
Report R0P August 7, 2012 1:17 AM BST
Because you're to simple to engage in adult debate, so reported it, any thread can be reported and removed stretch.
Report R0P August 7, 2012 1:28 AM BST
| Topic/replies: 34 | Blogger: R0P's blog
Because you're to simple to engage in adult debate, so reported it, any thread can be reported and removed stretch.
Report tobermory August 7, 2012 1:36 AM BST
I'm sure Betfair will change their minds about banning you guys when they read through this Laugh
Report R0P August 7, 2012 1:42 AM BST
OMFG stretch you know Im not racist, I pointed this out only a page ago with and by helping a fellow forumite out on chit chat who is visiting Maun in Botswana where I lived and worked and Muslims are not a race but followers of Islam, which is a religion...my god stretch you truly are special.
Report CaptainScarlet August 7, 2012 1:44 AM BST
OK...for the sake of your sanity TEAM-GB I will from here on in refer to you by your chosen username if it makes you happy. You may continue to start your Swearbox=CaptainScarlet threads if you wish, I simply don't care. But in exchange I want you to name the name that you conspired with (on the footy forum) to have my previous usernames banned. Fail and the deal is off...name that name. Over to you...and don't lie cos I know who it is.
Report CaptainScarlet August 7, 2012 1:51 AM BST
Good luck with that Hudson...
Report Clouseau August 7, 2012 8:47 AM BST
Well said OP and well done to the other contributors who have, over the course of 4 subsequent pages, perfectly illustrated the point.

The forum is like a local pub where people can gather around a virtual table to have a chat and sometimes even a reasoned debate about stuff. You don't have to agree with everything that is said and if you really can't get on with someone you can move to another table.

Unfortunately, some people like to jump onto the middle of lots of tables and spout repetitive rubbish that nobody wants to know about.

They really need to look at themselves and ask whether they would behave like that in real life at their own local, and expect not to be barred by the landlord.
Report Clungehungry August 7, 2012 11:07 AM BST
Indeed. These are of course, people who never have anyone to go to the pub with.
Report Tommy Toes August 7, 2012 11:36 AM BST
There's a fair few posts missing since last night (note Daniellasmincepies shocked smiley as the 4th post at the start of the thread - that wasn't in reply to me, but some other remark that was made, also, Clouseau mentioning the thread was 4 pages long in his post at 08:47 - now only 3 pages).

Funnily enough, the same thing happened on the thread I started on CC yesterday about the equestrian team going for gold.
Yet after some of the posts were removed, the posters remained (instead of the usual banning by BF and then an instant new name by the posters).

Very strange.
Report CaptainScarlet August 7, 2012 11:48 AM BST
All of Bob's posts are missing Tommy...he's probably been booted as well.
Report CaptainScarlet August 7, 2012 11:48 AM BST
Shocked
Report CaptainScarlet August 7, 2012 11:52 AM BST
BF obviously haven't read the whole thread then...I thought 1.01 that some of Team_GB's posts would have been removed due to the expletives but they are still there (not that I'm bothered...at least he posted them for a different reason than simply to abuse...I think Confused)
Report R0P August 7, 2012 12:01 PM BST
Im surprised GB is still here, and I do hope BCM3 has read this thread so they can see some folk are not capable of holding adult conversation prefering to shout abuse and resort to a caps lock rant.
Report Burton-Brewers August 7, 2012 12:30 PM BST
shut all the forums, problem solved
Report Burton-Brewers August 7, 2012 12:55 PM BST
yes I would go for that because I think the forums were designed (apart from chitchat) for the sharing of information and mutual help with other punters. I enjoy reading peoples theories and systems and I will usually follow an interesting one. I had been following one on general betting (a forum I use quite a bit)but you keep blitzing it everyday and making it unreadable. The guy might as well abandon the thread which is then the thin end of the wedge and where does it end? So for me many of the forums now are of no use, even one you thought might be sensible like Tradefair & Financials is post after post of abuse, you can't get an answer off most because they are too busy slagging each other off. The same applie to Football, Politics, Motor Sports, Poker, Tennis and it has started creeping in on the Horse Racing forum. General Betting was in my opinion the best forum on Betfair with helpful people, so no I would not miss them as for me they no longer do what I would like them to do. betfair might as well shut the lot and save on the money they pay to TSE.
Report Burton-Brewers August 7, 2012 1:30 PM BST
you are very short sighted Bob
Report Burton-Brewers August 7, 2012 1:42 PM BST
you keep writing on undern's thread that he is ignorant, is not what you are doing just as ignorant? If you go on the football forum you will see another poster who is annoyed because you are spoiling his enjoyment of a good thread so it is not just me.
Report Burton-Brewers August 7, 2012 2:22 PM BST
you'll have to look for yourself, it's on the funded accounts thread
Report Burton-Brewers August 7, 2012 2:57 PM BST
so is that it then Bob, you're not bothered about spoiling other people's enjoyment of a thread?
Report Burton-Brewers August 7, 2012 3:18 PM BST
ok Bob sorry I am going to have to block you, there is no other way I can read undern's thread. See what I mean about short sighted though? if other people start doing the same you will be posting to no one.
Report MrNibbs August 7, 2012 7:02 PM BST
Thanks for the reply Betfair Community Manager 3, this is positive news.

Don't suppose there is any time frame for this to be developed into the system? From your reply I gather it won't be any time soon unfortunately.
Report Crisp77 August 7, 2012 7:09 PM BST
By the looks of Chit Chat tonight,  BCM3 has this in hand and the forum has never looked better. Cool
Report Burton-Brewers August 7, 2012 7:10 PM BST
MrNibbs is the BFCM an employee of TSE or Betfair, do you know?
Report CaptainScarlet August 7, 2012 7:25 PM BST
BF and TSE are one and the same BB...they just make it sound as if they are two different companies...both are owned by the same company.
Report Stevie Strikes August 7, 2012 7:50 PM BST
I have phoned BFCS today about this.

The content I can deal with - it's the sheer volume of witless nonsense posted that makes the forum almost impossible to use nowadays.

And yes (whoever pointed it out - unfortunately there's too much rubbish to wade through to credit them),  the continuation of petty feuds even on this thread illustrates the point perfectly.
Report Burton-Brewers August 7, 2012 8:37 PM BST
ok captain cheers, I was going to suggest Betfair get rid of TSE as they are not up to the job
Report PatraTheCat August 7, 2012 8:38 PM BST
If anyone in Betfair Customer Services wants to check out Chit Chat at the moment, I think you'll see our point.
Report Far From Trouble August 7, 2012 8:39 PM BST
and football and olympics
Report MrNibbs August 7, 2012 10:14 PM BST
I think tonight's nonsense epitomizes genuine users concerns. The user in question 'Joined' Betfair today, will perhaps be banned, and start a new account in the coming days.

If something can be done to address this swiftly I'm sure most will be appreciative.
Report Tommy Toes August 7, 2012 10:19 PM BST
Betfair, it took two hours before you removed the idiot littering the forums earlier tonight.

He's at it again now on Chit Chat.

Speedy action required, if you don't mind.
Report Tommy Toes August 8, 2012 2:58 AM BST
As of 02:58 on the 8th of August, Betfair have still not removed the spamming threads on Chit Chat by whatever the imbecile is now named.

Anyone actually working at BF HQ?

Or are they just people on the gravy train of "do as little as possible/kid the bosses up that you're really important to the organisation/know all about IT and 'improve' the site at every possible opportunity, even if we know it's sh!!te but it pays well to kid them up"?
Report Tommy Toes August 8, 2012 4:45 AM BST
4:44

Threads sill not removed on CC after approx 7 hours since they were started.

Well done Betfair.
Report Tommy Toes August 8, 2012 4:48 AM BST
*still
Report Tommy Toes August 8, 2012 1:10 PM BST
Betfair your attention is required on Chit Chat - again.
Report Tommy Toes August 8, 2012 1:15 PM BST
- and Horse Racing and Olympics at least at this moment in time.
Report Burton-Brewers August 9, 2012 6:50 AM BST
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Burton-Brewers August 9, 2012 8:14 AM BST
I was laughing at a post that has been deleted Tommy
Report Tommy Toes August 9, 2012 7:55 PM BST
Okay Bob.

BETFAIR, your attention is once aggain called for on Chit Chat and the Olympics forums.
Over an hour the spanning posts have been there now.
Report Tommy Toes August 9, 2012 7:56 PM BST
*again *spamming
Report Tommy Toes August 9, 2012 8:16 PM BST
BETFAIR, as above - also see Football.
Report Tommy Toes August 9, 2012 9:21 PM BST
Is there anyone working at Betfair tonight?

Nothing done - and now it's starting again.
Report Tommy Toes August 9, 2012 9:38 PM BST
BETFAIR, when anyone actually manage to wake up over there, how about considering this suggestion, as made on the Football forum thread about the place being ruined:

Pootle      Aug 12 22:10 

"They should pass the details to the police, its a cyber attack, a weak Denial of Service attack at a push. Set the police on the child, and put some safeguards in place.
Its a deliberate attack to damage their business"
Report PatraTheCat August 9, 2012 10:03 PM BST
Hi Betfair,

I think that there is a real and growing feeling among your clients that something has to be done about this. Funded accounts for me!

Cheers.
Report Tommy Toes August 10, 2012 12:22 AM BST
Horse Racing form spammed since just after 10pm too.

Betfair's reaction to all 4 forums: Zilch.

So far, 6 hours worth on different forums. No action taken on any of them.

Anyone actually working at Betfair among the 2000+ people they employ?
Report Tommy Toes August 10, 2012 12:22 AM BST
*Horse Racing forum
Report onlooker August 10, 2012 1:56 AM BST
Make that Actively FUNDED Betfair ACCOUNT ...

- a MINIMUM of £500, too.

That would get  rid of the brain-dead dolts currently RUINING the Forums. CrySad
Report Tommy Toes August 10, 2012 10:29 AM BST
BETFAIR, you finally managed to delete the spamming posts on Football, Racing and Chit Chat between 8:40 and 9:17 THIS MORNING but you have yet to delete them from the Olympics forum.
Report HH Sultan Vinegar August 10, 2012 12:21 PM BST
I think BF are taking so long to sort it out as the lawyers acting for the Trolls are referring the case to the European Court of Human Rights Cry
Report Clouseau August 10, 2012 3:14 PM BST
I think BF are taking so long to sort it out as the lawyers acting for the Trolls are referring the case to the European Court of Human Rights

With a bit of luck there will be a mix-up whereby Bob gets deported to Jordan to face trial and Abu Qatada gets his lifetime betfair forum ban overturned and can join in with the banter on Chit-Chat.
Report HH Sultan Vinegar August 10, 2012 3:38 PM BST
Laugh
Report Tommy Toes August 10, 2012 8:54 PM BST
Very good Clouseau!
Report Tommy Toes August 10, 2012 8:56 PM BST
BETFAIR. Racing forum totally spammed at 8:47pm, Chit Chat at 8.4:8pm, Football at 8:49pm.

Do something about this please.
Report Tommy Toes August 10, 2012 8:57 PM BST
*Chit Chat at 8:48pm
Report Tommy Toes August 10, 2012 9:35 PM BST
Well done Betfair.

All new accounts suspended at present is the sensible thing to do.
Report MrNibbs August 10, 2012 9:52 PM BST
Unfortunate it has come to this, but a necessary move in the short term.

I look forward to seeing what feature Betfair come up with or add some sort of betting/funding qualifications to allow genuine users to join in the near future.
Report LordBobbin August 11, 2012 3:46 PM BST
Funded accounts (even to the sum of just £10) would be enough to stop this. Once you've used one form of payment, Betfair attaches it to your account, so you wouldn't be able to use the same form of payment to open up a new username on a second account. You can have as many new usernames as you have different forms of credit, but it wouldn't take these people long to run out of credit cards, Neteller etc.
Report Just Checking August 11, 2012 6:56 PM BST
In addition they could do stuff like: new accounts only allowed to create say 5 threads max an hour, max 20 a day, for an initial period, and again if they've been obviously trying to ruin things. Also blocking same post twice in succession (which happens by accident sometimes when people double click submit, would be useful anyway).
Report MrNibbs October 25, 2012 12:43 AM BST
It's been a couple of months now, any update on this?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com