Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Rewland
07 Mar 12 07:05
| Topic/replies: 10 | Blogger: Rewland's blog
Has nayone experienced problems using the full site on an IPAD 2 since the beta inroduction.
I have used the full site on my IPAD since i joined in January. It was brilliant. Now, since the introduction of the beta version for football, i can no longer use the football section. It just give me a text list ot the left side and you cannot use the betting or head to head functions, All headers etc are lost.

I have reported this to the help desk and at fiorst they tell me to clear my cache and revert to classic. I have cleared the cache and it will not let me revert to classic. They now tell me it was never designed for an IPAD. If that is the case, whey have i been able to use the full site withoit problem since January. They then tell me to use the betfair IPAD app, but this seriously lacks the functionality of the full site. The site has gone from brilliant to unusable rubbish!!!!!!!!
Pause Switch to Standard View Beta Full Site on IPAD
Show More
Report The Magic Flea March 7, 2012 1:59 PM GMT
betfair help desk is like going to the doctor and saying that it hurts when you raise your arm. "So don't raise your arm" says the doctor
Report longbridge March 7, 2012 2:14 PM GMT
Strange; beta.betfair.com works on Safari on my PC - shall have to try with Safari on my iPad at home this evening.
Report longbridge March 7, 2012 2:14 PM GMT
Strange; beta.betfair.com works on Safari on my PC - shall have to try with Safari on my iPad at home this evening.
Report hazel March 7, 2012 4:19 PM GMT
Rewland I have the same problem making the beta version unusable on my iPad.

As you say the iPad app and mobile versions do not have the full range of functions for placing bets.  E.g. You cannot lay the field to a payout on the iPad app.

At the moment I can switch back to the classic, but for how long?
Report hazel March 7, 2012 4:32 PM GMT
Update on my last post.

I cannot go back to classic when looking at football market.  So cannot use iPad for betting.

I can go back to classic for horse racing.

Odd situation?
Report Rewland March 7, 2012 6:28 PM GMT
Hazel, this is exactly how it is for me.
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 March 8, 2012 12:13 PM GMT
All - sorry for the delay in replying, but I wanted to check this out. It turns out it is a bug we are aware of, and we are working on a fix for it currently.
Report Rewland March 8, 2012 3:38 PM GMT
Thank you. At last an honest response from Betfair. I hope you can fix it quickly because i am struggling to use Betfair without my IPAD functionality
Report Rewland March 10, 2012 9:43 AM GMT
Just to let everyone know. Betfair has solved and fixed the bug. The classic site now works on the IPAD again, and no beta option :-)) well done BF
Report Rewland March 10, 2012 12:41 PM GMT
Spoke to soon, the site has now reverted to back to beta and is unusable again - WHY !!!!!!!'!!!!!!!!!!
Report Just Checking March 10, 2012 8:04 PM GMT
If you enter (and save the link if it works)

www.betfair.com/?optout=yes

(maybe try [sport].betfair.com if that doesn't work)

does that force it off? I noticed that appeared at one point as I found the beta site so awesome I went back (and stayed) on classic for fear of being struck down by it Devil
Report Just Checking March 10, 2012 8:26 PM GMT
PS seems to be a lot of people complaining it's ignoring the opt out. My guess is they've cookies for .betfair.com (including beta.) disabled or cleared when they shut their browser, as I'm thinking that's where it remembers it.
Report Rewland March 12, 2012 10:26 PM GMT
Thanks for your suggestions. Tried this but still keeps the beta version.

Come on Betfair, sort the IPAD issue, I am sure i'm not alone on this. Youve admitted that their is a bug, what's the fix status  now????
Report hazel March 12, 2012 10:59 PM GMT
Rewland it wont get fixed for a few days, they will all be the bar at cheltenham Wink
Report Hamsterdam March 14, 2012 1:33 AM GMT
I'd like to add on netbooks the BETA site looks a complete clunky mess with text over-lapping etc. Not a problem for me as I can change it back to classic but what must new customers think when they come to the site and are met with that mess? Who gives to go ahead for these 'improvements'? This is becoming one of the most un-user friendly betting sites out there. Previously it was the opposite. Place is being run by clowns who obviously haven't got a clue.
Report Crisp77 March 18, 2012 10:40 AM GMT
Beta not working on my ipad2

Can't switch to classic too.

This is a work tablet so I don't want to download any apps. I will chance my luck on bet365.
Report Rewland March 19, 2012 5:24 PM GMT
Still not working on the IPAD. Come on guys, Cheltenham is finished, get the geeks onto fixing his bug. It's nearly two weeks now.

An update would be most welcome!!!!
Report Rewland March 21, 2012 7:53 AM GMT
Yesterday, the site started to work as it should again - woop. This morning it's gone back to a scrambled mess!!!!!!     Why!!!!!!!!
Report Betfair Community Manager 4 March 22, 2012 2:20 PM GMT
Checking on an update for you now Rewland. Will let you know as soson as possible. Sorry for all the hassle.
Report Rewland March 22, 2012 9:46 PM GMT
Thank you. Look forward to response
Report Rewland March 25, 2012 6:10 PM BST
I don't believe it, the full site has worked on the IPAD all weekend, beta & classic. Whoop - at last - Please don't change it again
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com