Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
davenomates
24 Sep 11 10:49
| Topic/replies: 1 | Blogger: davenomates's blog
You can't unregister a credit or debit card if your Total Withdrawals are equal to, or greater than, your Total Deposits.
Sorry don't understand that - don't most people lose more than they win, if I deposit £100, lose £50 then I can only withdraw a maximum of £50. Unless I put more money in to try and win more, but invetibly I will continue to make a loss and so on and on. I don't see how this policy supports responsible gambling.
I have maximum 3 cards registered, now all invalid. Can't add any more unless I unregister one. Can't unregister one because my my deposits are greater than my withdrawals (big surprise). So I can't put anymore money into Betfair, I have a balance of .37p so unlikely to win anymore (unless I succesfully lay 1.0001 bet.
Hence I can not use Betfair anymore
Pause Switch to Standard View Why can't I unregister a card
Show More
Report Belanna September 25, 2011 3:13 PM BST
Just email customer services and ask them to remove the cards.
Report echobelly September 25, 2011 5:49 PM BST
Best of luck with that Belanna! I had the same problem on another account and, already having chopped up the expired cards, was asked by Betfair to provide photocopies of said cards. Luckily I had no bets to settle etc. so was just a case of opening this account with the new card. Anyway tend to use purple or b@ttor these days who seem to have no problem with said issues.
Report derekoneill September 30, 2011 1:37 PM BST
Having the same issue. Cleared one card but another card never in use has remained. Cannot do a bank transfer until I clear card which is impossible. Cannot provide evidence of the card. Basically stuck with 5k on the account I cannot withdraw. Will use this now for a couple of months backing results I think will lose while betting on the opposite on a competitor. In two outcome markets I should only lose commisions. I will then close my account here. I am by no means a professional gambler but have about a 24% discount rate and bet coniderable amounts on varied markets. It seems strange that betfair would be willing to lose decent customers over something so trivial.
Report tommycockles September 30, 2011 1:39 PM BST
derek- ring them up and they should be able to sort things out for you
Report everythings gone green October 1, 2011 11:06 AM BST
I read that for maximum security you should fill up all the available boxes with cards because you cannot delete a card simply by logging in or  hacking the account.

This stops hackers withdrawing your funds onto a card they register or even depositing funds from your cards then withdrawing onto theirs.

With the recent news that 2.3 million Betfair users account details have been stolen and Betfair thought it best we weren't told, perhaps you should be grateful you have to make a phone call.
Report thebandit October 4, 2011 9:43 PM BST
Thing is though tommycockles; contacted Betfair over this when I had the same prob as Echobelly. Was told oh you must provide evidence of the card, photocopies etc and to add to it was asked who you are/give us your passport or ID and was treated as some master criminal. Never had this prob with purple or b@ttor.
Report attitude adjuster October 7, 2011 5:03 PM BST
test
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com