Forums

Site Feedback

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Mully
29 Sep 10 14:45
| Topic/replies: 7,112 | Blogger: Mully's blog
The hover function that gives you the form/trainer details goes off after about 10 mins in Firefox.Sad
Pause Switch to Standard View Something else that's broken
Show More
Report Percy Filth January 22, 2011 2:51 PM GMT
Looks like it's sorted

Thanks Bcm
Report Narbsae January 22, 2011 9:33 PM GMT
Hey, i won bets last night and still cannot see the money in my account, i am able to access every page, but its the next day now and i still cannot see the return of my bets, is anyone else having this same problemConfused
Report Narbsae January 22, 2011 9:58 PM GMT
Confused
Report Narbsae January 22, 2011 9:59 PM GMT
Confused
Report Mully January 23, 2011 1:07 PM GMT
It's much better. Seems to work almost 95% of the time now.
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 January 24, 2011 8:20 AM GMT
Percy / Mully

I am glad to hear that.

RDJ - is it any better for you?
Report Reyes January 26, 2011 2:24 PM GMT
seems better here too, has something changed/been fixed BCM2?

Now to fix the auto logoff 'feature'!
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 January 26, 2011 3:02 PM GMT
Reyes

The tech people were certainly aware - think work still ongoing.

The auto log-off: remind me, is that connected to users on Chrome?
Report RDJ January 27, 2011 4:41 PM GMT
Seems to be ok now...... shame it took 4 months to get it sorted though.
Now I'd just like to know what caused the problem in the first place, and was it a simple fix ?   If so, why did it take so long ?
Report Percy Filth February 13, 2011 2:11 PM GMT
This problem seems to have re-appeared for me, anyone else?
Report Mully February 13, 2011 2:26 PM GMT
Broken again Percy. Works for a minute or less, then nothing.
Report Percy Filth February 13, 2011 2:31 PM GMT
Exactly same as before, Ah well, should be fixed before Royal Ascot.
Report RDJ February 16, 2011 1:32 PM GMT
Bumping to the top again.....

BCM, it's gone tits up again in the last couple of days.  However they fixed it, they need to fix it again.
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 February 16, 2011 1:52 PM GMT
RDJ

Thaks - will see what I can do.
Report Geo66 February 16, 2011 5:31 PM GMT
in Mozilla don't open soccer Total goals market and Today in-play coupon in all sports.
Report RDJ February 21, 2011 4:31 PM GMT
Is it going to take another 4 months to fix this again ??
Report wit-ham February 21, 2011 4:38 PM GMT
when you refresh the site it appears to work for the next race and then goes again
Report RDJ February 21, 2011 4:49 PM GMT
@wit-ham  I find it quicker to racecard view and back again....... but the point is, we shouldn't have to do anything.
Report RDJ February 21, 2011 4:50 PM GMT
oops, that should say 'switch' to racecard view.
Report wit-ham February 21, 2011 5:36 PM GMT
Grin yes hoover should be working
Report RDJ February 21, 2011 6:27 PM GMT
My hoover was working fine when I did the living room this morning [;)] , unfortunately my hover is still kaput Sad

BCM2..... where are you ?  what's happening ?
Report RDJ February 24, 2011 3:53 PM GMT
Been over a week now....PLEASE GET THIS FIXED AGAIN !!!
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 February 24, 2011 3:58 PM GMT
RDJ and others

Sorry, had time off earlier in the week and missed this.

Am on the case now. Will report back when I have something.

Apologies again.
Report RDJ March 2, 2011 2:35 PM GMT
BUMP
Almost another 3 weeks and counting...... still not working.
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 March 2, 2011 2:46 PM GMT
Sorry RDJ, I have raised it again - I can only wait.

I am asking regularly, although I accept that's not much consolation to you.
Report RDJ March 8, 2011 4:05 PM GMT
Approaching another month now and this is slipping down the page.

They have already fixed it once, so why can't they fix it again ?
Report RDJ March 8, 2011 4:25 PM GMT
I've just re-read the whole of this topic.

BCM, you stated earlier ...."I am chasing it, I'm aware that you raised it some time ago as I have read the full e-mail you posted."

Why has that 'full email' post been removed ?
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 March 9, 2011 8:49 AM GMT
RDJ

Believe me when I say I so want this to get fixed. I was delighted when it seemed to be working and I'm as frustrated as you that it's stopped again.

It's apparently not the same problem as before, and it is on the list of jobs: but I can't get it moved up the list any faster.

That post would have been removed because our e-mail T&Cs state that they are not for disclosure or copying - and I believe that was an e-mail from one of our Helpdesk staff.
Report RDJ March 9, 2011 3:56 PM GMT
What's above it in the 'list' ?  Not blaming you for this, but it wasn't working for 4 months, and it looks like it could well be another 4..... It's an absolute disgrace !!  Tell management to forget about all the bells and whistles that nobody wants, and just get the basics working again !!

Also, just searched T+Cs and can't find any reference to '...not for disclosure or copying." ...... Where is it ?
Report chrisblues March 9, 2011 4:32 PM GMT
had to reboot 3 times last night  it  seems to get slower the longer the betfair page say 2 hours max even thinking a new  computer  did the job    but yes it better    but   still the plm is there    hope u sort it out soon   cos  the  must be   10,000s of folks with  slower markets everywhere
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 March 10, 2011 9:20 AM GMT
RDJ - I'll pick my words carefully (!), but I'll get the message across.

The T&Cs are at the bottom of e-mails that Betfair send.
Report RDJ March 12, 2011 4:48 PM GMT
The information in this e-mail and any attachment is confidential and is intended only for the named recipient(s). The e-mail may not be disclosed or used by any person other than the addressee, nor may it be copied in any way.

Hmmmm, hiding behind the small print - despicable behaviour !  It's hardly confidential info when I'm only one of many who this is affecting !
Report RDJ April 6, 2011 1:20 AM BST
Ok, this is getting BEYOND A JOKE now !!!

4 months to fix it first time around.....now getting on for another 2 months 2nd time around and it's STILL NOT FIXED !!!!!!!!

Flat season is upon us and HOVER FUNCTION is even more important now.

BCM2, PLEASE GET SOMEBODY TO SORT THIS OUT - IT'S A DISGRACE !!!!!!!!!!!
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 April 6, 2011 7:46 AM BST
Hi RDJ

If I could fix it myself, I would - believe me!

I will chase it up again.

Sorry.
Report Bobman84. April 6, 2011 7:33 PM BST
I first noticed this when the site had an update some months ago. It's very annoying for it to work on first login and then nothing after that.

Why do they keep updating the site (like Facebook) but not for the better?

Another problem I noticed (hopefully others have noticed too), is the account balance box in the top often shows 'loading' but nothing happens or it remains blank. Pressing the 'refresh' icon in the little box makes no difference. The only way to see your account balance is to refresh the whole page - but then you have to go back into the market you were in manually.

Here's hoping for the 'hover' function to be permanently fixed soon. I'm running Firefox 4 and all the latest Flash/Shockwave/Java updates here.
Report Percy Filth April 11, 2011 4:40 PM BST
This is going to run and run.
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 April 11, 2011 5:48 PM BST
I sincerely hope not Percy - am pushing regularly to get a fix for this.
Report Mully April 14, 2011 9:58 AM BST
It's back and CPU is through the roof.
Report Bobman84. April 14, 2011 2:09 PM BST
Couldn't they just overhaul and change the whole form ratings system if the javascript hover can't be fixed? How about the info in one of the tabs on the right where bets / rules is?

Failing that, I've noticed Betfair Beta - the new layout doesn't look as easy to use but there is probably way too much reliance on java for the site.

Hopefully they get on top of this error. Cheers.
Report Percy Filth April 15, 2011 9:34 PM BST
sigh
Report Percy Filth April 23, 2011 3:11 PM BST
Hallelujah, it's working again.
Report RDJ April 26, 2011 4:00 PM BST
Not for me, it ain't !
Report wit-ham April 26, 2011 10:09 PM BST
or here
Report Percy Filth April 27, 2011 4:11 PM BST
Knackered again! lasted 3 days!
Report Percy Filth May 6, 2011 4:42 PM BST
Nearly 8 months after 1st reported and still knackered
Report Mully May 7, 2011 11:40 AM BST
A few times this week, the site has crippled my machine so much that I've had to power it down. This all comes about from having to switch backwards & forwards to get the hover function to work for a few seconds.
Report Percy Filth May 9, 2011 8:03 PM BST
I get the impression they have lost interest in this.
Report Lori May 10, 2011 1:54 PM BST
It's definitely getting worse this last month or so. It's particularly bad in markets with many runners (Such as golf) I think. I often get the "Script running is slowing the page" error on those markets.... if i stop it, it kills the page dead, and if i don't the page grinds to a halt until i reboot the machine anyway.
Report RDJ May 10, 2011 7:31 PM BST
BCM2 - This is absolutely SHOCKING SERVICE !!!

Since the end of Sept, this function has worked for approx 2 weeks !!!!  That's 2 weeks out of over 30 !!!

I don't care how far down the 'list' it is - I demand that it is escalated to SENIOR MANAGEMENT immediately !!
Report Percy Filth May 12, 2011 5:57 PM BST
hello
Report Bobman84. May 19, 2011 4:59 PM BST
Yeah, works on first log-in and then stops after viewing one market.

Not good.
Report RDJ May 20, 2011 7:42 PM BST
Well it seems even BCM2 has given up on this now......no response for over a month.

You lot must be scraping your heads on the ceiling with the amount of stuff that's been swept under the carpet.

8 MONTHS and still no progress...... simply DISGUSTING service !!!!!!
Report Percy Filth May 21, 2011 4:15 PM BST
The problem is you don't need to give good service when you're a virtual monopoly
Report dashero May 21, 2011 5:36 PM BST
Report Percy Filth May 22, 2011 5:21 PM BST
Never mind then, we'll do without it.
Report RDJ May 27, 2011 2:00 PM BST
Every time this slips down the page, it's going straight back to the top.
Report Percy Filth May 31, 2011 3:36 PM BST
Report RDJ June 2, 2011 2:02 PM BST
It's now over EIGHT MONTHS since this problem arose !!

BCM2, have you washed your hands of this ?????
Report Percy Filth June 7, 2011 4:23 PM BST
whoops, nearly fell off the bottom
Report NSL June 9, 2011 1:54 PM BST
Laugh
Report Percy Filth June 13, 2011 3:13 PM BST
Working for me today, but not holding my breath.
Report Mully July 17, 2011 9:26 AM BST
This is awful once again. Packs up after about 20 seconds. Even moving in and out of the markets doesn't resolve the issue. You now have to go to the home page, then back to the racing market you were on for the situation to remedy itself.
I don't know why you don't just drop this "function" altogether.
I have to have a third party website open now alongside so I can few the form quickly.
Report Percy Filth July 17, 2011 2:18 PM BST
Mine's still working.
Report Mully July 18, 2011 11:49 AM BST
Bag of spanners in Firefox.
Report Percy Filth July 18, 2011 5:20 PM BST
I'm on firefox 5, have you done the usual delete cookies etc?
Report Mully July 19, 2011 1:03 PM BST
Just done it now-marginally better. Always loathed to do too many cookie wipes though as it buggers up your other websites.
Report RDJ August 30, 2011 2:18 PM BST
Here we go again :(
Report Mully September 2, 2011 2:42 PM BST
It was really bad on Monday.
Report RDJ December 28, 2011 6:13 PM GMT
Over 1 year (15 months to be precise) since this problem reared it's ugly head, and still it's not fixed.

As per my post back in January, it seems to work perfectly when there is no racecard view to switch to. That just can't be a coincidence.

Once again I have to ask, what is being done about this ? It must have risen up the 'to do' list after over a year !!

ABSOLUTELY SHOCKING CUSTOMER SEREVICE !!!
Report Mully December 28, 2011 8:04 PM GMT
I bought a brand new all singing & dancing PC this Christmas and it's happening again with the hover function over the horses name. I'd previously thought it was an issue with my old machine but that rules that theory out.
Report RDJ December 30, 2011 5:57 PM GMT
@Mully That's always their first line of defense i.e. it must be your machine and have you tried clrearing cache and cookies or optimising your browser.
In most cases, that's pure nonsense.... especially when it affects many users.

This problem just shows how unprofessional Betfair are. I don't know of any other company that wouldn't sort a technical problem after 15 months !  It's a DISGRACE, pure and simple.

Today's rant is now over.
Report Mully January 9, 2012 10:26 AM GMT
This is not working properly again. To retrieve the information on each card I have to refresh, press Sports, navigate to the card. This is four or five extra clicks just to get the info. If you accidentally then click on the race you don't want you then have to go through the whole rigmarole again.

What happened to the days of ONE click?
Report RDJ January 9, 2012 7:57 PM GMT
It's now worse than it's ever been for me.

*drums fingers, waiting for response from BCM*
Report Mully January 17, 2012 10:55 AM GMT
This is currently the only exchange/betting site were I can't hover over the horses name to bring up the form figures and the jockey riding.
Please, please, please get this fixed.
It's so tiresome having to do four or five unnecessary clicks in order for the function to work for a few seconds.
Report hoopyfrube January 17, 2012 4:49 PM GMT
I'm using Chrome.  If you right click on the horse, and then select "Reload Frame" (its about 9 lines down on the pop-up menu), you can subsequently get the pop ups again (until it fails of course).  This is probably some subtle HTML issue.
Report hoopyfrube January 17, 2012 5:05 PM GMT
What definitely makes it go wrong is clicking on the market name that you are ALREADY on.  You get the "Loading... Please wait while the market loads" overlay on the frame, and that's it you're borked.  You must then do what I suggested in my previous post (Reload Frame).

Hope this helps.
Report Mully January 18, 2012 8:32 AM GMT
Cheers Hoopy- pretty useful tip. However it's still extra clicks and work arounds we shouldn't really have to keep doing. No wonder my computer memory gets sapped Laugh
Report hoopyfrube January 18, 2012 4:06 PM GMT
Which makes me think its related to z-order (a betfair techy should know what that means).  Because the "Loading... Please wait while the market loads"  is an overlay which is transparent in parts.  I would imagine the popup help is (by default) also in the same z-order.  So to put it simply, whenever there is such a transparent overlay displayed (such as market suspended going in play for example, or a suspension for the removal of a runner) the popup will be hidden (it is probably "technically" popping up but you can't see it) - a clever firefox plugin could solve this (probably).
Report RDJ January 18, 2012 6:31 PM GMT
Attn BCM2 You posted this on Jan 10 2010 :-

There is an internal system for technical problems to be logged and recorded, and I am having this issue placed on that system. That gets it right on the radar.

Once it is logged, I can also then take excerpts from the comments on here and add them to the 'ticket' for this issue, so that the tech team are aware of the effect it is having on customers.

I still can't give you timelines but wanted you to be aware I am making progress.

It would seem the 'radar' is broken, and since your last post on this was Apr 11 last year, it would also seem you have chosen to wash your hands of it too.

Now, I'm not blamimg you, but don't you think that after almost 16 MONTHS, this should be sorted ???

What has happened to the problem ticket ? closed ? swept under the carpet ?
Report RDJ January 18, 2012 6:33 PM GMT
That should say 2011 although, if it had been 2010, I doubt the situation would be any different !
Report Mully January 19, 2012 7:59 PM GMT
hoopyfrube -I'm using the same refresh frame tab I usually use to update the "Next Horserace" column which used to auto-refresh itself in the dim and distant past Cool Your tip is saving me a couple of clicks less so not bad.
Report RDJ January 31, 2012 12:48 AM GMT
BCM2..... still avoiding this like the plague ?
Report a bitofinterest January 31, 2012 10:46 PM GMT
the phrase that springs to mind is "cocking a deaf un" Plain
Report Chaplins Club February 4, 2012 8:13 PM GMT
It never works now.
Report BJG February 16, 2012 12:25 PM GMT
Why does this never work?? Surely is an easy fix!!
Report RDJ February 16, 2012 12:35 PM GMT
Can't even get the price/volume graph up without refreshing page now !
Report Betfair Community Manager 2 February 16, 2012 1:44 PM GMT
I didn't want to post until I had some news, as I generally get berated for posting 'no news' Happy. However, the Racing Product team have informed me that work is underway to change the method used for displaying this information - in other words, it won't need to be a hover over. I haven't got a confirmed date for when you'll see the change as it will be gradually rolled out but I am told in the first 3 to 4 months of this year.
Report Mully July 19, 2012 8:18 AM BST
Still doesn't work in Classic view/Firefox.
Report Percy Filth February 23, 2013 3:31 PM GMT
Looks like this has been forgotten about or totally ignored
Report Mr Magoo February 24, 2013 4:01 PM GMT
Wow, all the way back in 2010, Betfair were not bothering to fix website problems because they'd be 'solved' when the new site was live Laugh
Report RDJ March 9, 2013 3:31 PM GMT
Another year passes by, *sigh*
Report Percy Filth April 1, 2013 1:37 PM BST
Looks like this has been forgotten about or totally ignored
Report Percy Filth June 6, 2013 8:41 PM BST
How we doin' on this problem?
Report a bitofinterest June 26, 2013 2:05 AM BST
Crazy
Report Percy Filth August 4, 2013 4:03 PM BST
Report RDJ September 14, 2013 5:26 PM BST
"I didn't want to post until I had some news, as I generally get berated for posting 'no news' Happy. However, the Racing Product team have informed me that work is underway to change the method used for displaying this information - in other words, it won't need to be a hover over. I haven't got a confirmed date for when you'll see the change as it will be gradually rolled out but I am told in the first 3 to 4 months of this year."

They lied Angry
Report RDJ October 15, 2013 12:51 PM BST
Only a couple of months before 'this year' becomes 2014
Report Percy Filth October 30, 2013 12:12 PM GMT
Percy Filth 04 Aug 13 16:03 
Report Percy Filth January 30, 2014 5:03 PM GMT
How we doin' with this problem then?
Report Percy Filth March 3, 2014 4:31 PM GMT
How we doin' with this problem then?

Only been going on nearly 4 years
Post Your Reply