Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
hunt lunt and cunningham
13 Sep 21 12:00
| Topic/replies: 3,490 | Blogger: hunt lunt and cunningham's blog
1. Penalise the scrum half for putting the ball in crooked at the scrum
2. Stop stupid sending offs for high tackles where one player is slipping or one player is 3 foot higher than the other!
3. Have a time limit how long referees can play advantage , sometimes its ridiculous.
4 Stop the clock for resetting scrums.
5. End the nonsense of the 5th official telling the referee how to run the game.
Pause Switch to Standard View Rugby Union new season, things I...
Show More
Report SlippyBlue September 13, 2021 6:50 PM BST
All good suggestions and totally common sense, every one of them.

1) As a former hooker myself, feeding into the second row drives me mental.
Report San Quentin September 14, 2021 9:18 AM BST
Can't agree with point 3.Time limit advantage ridiculous suggestion at best.Advantage imo can go on indefinitely until clear advantage has been achieved for the infringement.
Report hunt lunt and cunningham September 14, 2021 9:31 AM BST
SQ, So what is a clear advantage for the infringement? Wait till someone scores? There have been so any times when ,imo ,the referee just keeps playing on and on. Some refs call advantage over when someone kicks the ball, some dont.There are no set rules here and a lot depends on what the referee thinks is a clear advantage. Not trying to ridicule your answer but 'clear advantage for the infringement'opens a lot of boxes , and playing indefinitely, what 1 minute , 5 minutes and so on!! I think that if nothing has happened fairly quickly a penalty should be given and then move on.
Report San Quentin September 14, 2021 7:35 PM BST
hunt I also respect your views and opinions,regarding a time limit advantage it just can't work as example say 3 mins for the whole 3 mins you could be going backwards and never cross the advantage line,so you have had no advantage for an infringement of the rules.I think the advantage rule as is ,is as good as can be hope,the only other way is stop play immediately for any infringement do away with any play with advantage ,kick for goal ,touch or tap whatever your choice and play.
Report bobweenit September 17, 2021 9:34 PM BST
Wayne Barnes to go the gym and learn how to referee, biggest charaltan in sport that boy
Report San Quentin September 17, 2021 10:03 PM BST
Can you elaborate a little Bob(not that iam disagreeing)Some of the recent refs honestly have been shocking little Hitler's punching above their weight.The recently retired Welsh chap and Monsieur .Brought the game to it's knees with arrogance.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com