Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
hunt lunt and cunningham
29 Jul 21 11:23
| Topic/replies: 3,489 | Blogger: hunt lunt and cunningham's blog
Interesting to see Chris Harris in the centre,looks as though the message is go direct.  I can see the reason for that as Daly was targeted a couple of times and only had one kick which was missed. Two surprises for me were Ali Price being dropped for Conor Murray and Liam Williams not making the squad..(not sure what will happen if Hogg gets injured, I suppose Daly will switch to full back. Anyway in Gatland we trust.
Will keep an eye on the odds , they flip flopped at the last moment last week and see if there is a bet ...
Pause Switch to Standard View South Africa v British and Irish...
Show More
Report ihal essex July 29, 2021 6:53 PM BST
I made the Lions a 4/6 shot for the First Test and,as published at the time, could not believe I was able to have a lumpy bet at 6/5! Lions (-1) at evens for the Second Test is almost as attractive! Have also backed the Series Correct Score - 3-0 @ 5/1, but a bit mystified why 4/1 is still available. Like the OP, I find it a bit strange at Liam Williams'omission! Get on and Good luck all !!
Report Cauthenmeister July 31, 2021 2:10 PM BST
I would expect Watson to drop to full back if Hogg was injured. Part of me hopes for a Boks win to keep the excitement alive until the third test. Will be interesting to see how the changes to their pack affect the battle up front, the Lions totally dominated in that area last week.
Report hunt lunt and cunningham July 31, 2021 2:26 PM BST
Yes, you could be right Cauthenmeister, but I feel its a shame when Liam Williams should be available.
Anyway I am backing the Lions again with a 1 point start and also to win by 1-10 points . I actually am going agains most of the press etc as I think the lions might actually win easier than the first game. The South African management have done nothing to endear themselves to the man with the whistle,and instead of accepting the harsh decisions that came there way last week, there has been constant bleating.
The forwards were well on top by the end of the game last week and hopefully they will have learned not to give away silly penalties.
Lets hope for a good game , good luck all
Report england_v_south_afri July 31, 2021 4:50 PM BST
GL Lads !! Grin

Thought it was a coin toss, could go either way. So at the prices i've decided to lay SA @ 1.88.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 31, 2021 5:11 PM BST
3-0

Wink
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 31, 2021 5:16 PM BST
3-3
Grin
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 31, 2021 5:24 PM BST
3-6

Grin

after 17 minutes
Report Kriskin July 31, 2021 5:26 PM BST
Not for the first time Murray is posted missing at the break down.  What position is he playing today?  Seems miles off when he needs to be there to clear the ball out
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 31, 2021 5:32 PM BST
Chris Harris is a
T O S S E R

Wink
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 31, 2021 5:40 PM BST
This is a
FARCE

kolbe off
PLEASE

Silly
Report SlippyBlue July 31, 2021 5:51 PM BST
No fluidity in play from either side, kick is good.
6-6.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 31, 2021 5:51 PM BST
6-6

Wink
Report SlippyBlue July 31, 2021 5:52 PM BST
Messy game so far Lucky.
Report SlippyBlue July 31, 2021 5:54 PM BST
Blimey I would have taken the 3 points there.
Report SlippyBlue July 31, 2021 5:57 PM BST
No try for me.
Report england_v_south_afri July 31, 2021 5:59 PM BST

Jul 31, 2021 -- 11:51AM, SlippyBlue wrote:

No fluidity in play from either side, kick is good.6-6.

This isn't the game that entices new people into watching Rugby. Ugly stuff.

We can only hope it improves in the second half.

Report Latalomne July 31, 2021 5:59 PM BST
Longest half of rugby ever?
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 31, 2021 6:00 PM BST
6-9

36 MINUTES

Wink
Report SlippyBlue July 31, 2021 6:04 PM BST
That was the right decision I reckon.

Half time S.A. 6 - Lions 9
Report Reveen July 31, 2021 6:06 PM BST

Jul 31, 2021 -- 11:59AM, Latalomne wrote:

Longest half of rugby ever?

Not sure if rugby or NFL.

Report SlippyBlue July 31, 2021 6:07 PM BST
I have to agree, this is rather tough viewing. I played at a decent level and although that's going back quite awhile the game was nothing like this. If I were a neutral tuning in to this I'd probably turn over! Sad
Report hunt lunt and cunningham July 31, 2021 6:09 PM BST
Krisken , you are correct re Murray, also if you are playing him you are basically saying we are not playing the balls out to the backs, we are just going to box kick all the time.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 31, 2021 6:18 PM BST
A half for the
PURISTS

LaughLaughLaugh
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 31, 2021 6:23 PM BST
11-9

Sad
Report SlippyBlue July 31, 2021 6:24 PM BST
Hats of to the Saffers, that was a sweet try. Huge moment in the game.
Report SlippyBlue July 31, 2021 6:25 PM BST
Missing the extra 2 points there is unforgivable. Big error that.
Report SlippyBlue July 31, 2021 6:43 PM BST
Good last 10 minutes or so for S.A. Next score hugely important.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 31, 2021 6:44 PM BST
16-9
Sad
Report SlippyBlue July 31, 2021 6:45 PM BST
Looks a try to me.
Report Latalomne July 31, 2021 6:46 PM BST
Best angle, my arse
Report SlippyBlue July 31, 2021 6:47 PM BST
Couldn't overrule that really.
Report Latalomne July 31, 2021 6:47 PM BST
Nigel Owens seems pretty sure they should have.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 31, 2021 6:48 PM BST
18-9
Wink
Report SlippyBlue July 31, 2021 6:54 PM BST
Looks like it's going to be 1-1 gents.
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! July 31, 2021 6:59 PM BST
21-9

Sad
Report Kriskin July 31, 2021 7:00 PM BST
Boks getting their own back from last week.  They should have won last week as well
Report Reveen July 31, 2021 7:02 PM BST
Exactly Kriskin.
Report SlippyBlue July 31, 2021 7:06 PM BST
Saffers have been by some distance the superior side, total second half domination.
Report rommel July 31, 2021 7:10 PM BST
lions my a***
Report SlippyBlue July 31, 2021 7:13 PM BST
27-9, a complete drubbing, no other word for it.
Report Cauthenmeister July 31, 2021 7:28 PM BST
Both TMO decisions decided by the on field call but SA were worthy winners with the introduction of De Jager proving decisive. Lions didn't have a plan B once to hey were behind.
Report england_v_south_afri July 31, 2021 8:01 PM BST
Big ask for the Lions to win next week given how dominant SA were in the second half.
Report San Quentin July 31, 2021 8:16 PM BST
Have to play OF from the start,Hogg has run his race,no place for Stuart next week.
Report hunt lunt and cunningham August 1, 2021 9:12 AM BST
Well where do you start, Liam Williams must start next week, two wingers and a full back who couldnt catch a high ball, a scrum half who cant pass the ball more than two yards(Gareth Edwards he isnt).First half was okay but what happened , no plan b, tactics were wrong,naive defending, penalties given away , box kicking all the time. That was the worst half of rugby the Lions have produced in many a year.Yes two decisions were more than debatable, but that happened in the first game so you sometimes have to forget them and move on. More worrying is the referees stopping and starting the game every 5 seconds and asking the men in the booth, ffs referee the game. Anyway back to the game, the defending was awful, why dont we give Ali Price and Marcus Smith a run out and try to play the game in the opposition half? A line out so good in the first half, then ruined by not putting the ball in straight. So many mistakes by management it was truly appalling
Report Cauthenmeister August 1, 2021 9:48 AM BST
I wonder if all the stop start allowed the Boks time to refill as they saw out the 80 so much better than last week. It will be a major surprise if Liam Williams isn't in next week, we could even see up to 7 Welshmen in if Wyn Jones is fit with OF at 12. I still think we need some spark to ignite our running game as I suggested before the first test.
Report ihal essex August 1, 2021 3:53 PM BST
Time to eat a little bit of humble pie as well as suffer the financial scars of my bullish Lions support, but even taking into consideration some TMO levelling up from the first test, a direct result of Gatland's mind games re the impartiality of the TMO official,the Springboks were much the better side yesterday! The definition of madness, they say, is to carry on doing the same thing expecting a different result, so once again I will be backing the Lions to clinch the series next Saturday, but with the proviso that Liam Williams, Tadgh Beirne and Owen Farrell must start! This is a game for the Big Boys! Good luck all!
Report Cauthenmeister August 3, 2021 12:59 PM BST
Well apart from Adams, Williams and Wyn Jones few could have seen that 3rd test 15 coming. At least there's some signs of life on the bench.
Report Angoose August 3, 2021 1:10 PM BST
British and Irish Lions head coach Warren Gatland has made sweeping changes to his matchday squad for Saturday's decisive third Test against South Africa.

Hooker Ken Owens, prop Wyn Jones, scrum-half Ali Price, centre Bundee Aki, wing Josh Adams and full-back Liam Williams all start in Cape Town.

Fly-half Finn Russell, lock Adam Beard and number eight Sam Simmonds come into the 23 for the first time this series.

Owen Farrell, Taulupe Faletau, Anthony Watson and Stuart Hogg are out of the squad.

After winning the first Test 22-17, the Lions were humbled 27-9 in the second to set up a winner-takes-all clash this weekend.

"The matchday 23 have an incredibly special opportunity in front of them - to seal a Lions series victory in South Africa," said Gatland.

"It doesn't get much bigger than this and we're excited by the challenge that faces us on Saturday.

"We've no excuses from last week - the Springboks put us under pressure in the second half and deserved the win. We have to be much better than that second-half performance, and I believe we will be."
Report Angoose August 3, 2021 1:11 PM BST
British and Irish Lions: Williams; Adams, Henshaw, Aki, Van der Merwe; Biggar, Price; Jones, Owens, Furlong, Itoje, A Wyn Jones (c), Lawes, Curry, Conan

Replacements: Cowan-Dickie, Vunipola, Sinckler, Beard, Simmonds, Murray, Russell, Daly
Report hunt lunt and cunningham August 3, 2021 2:21 PM BST
Van der Merwe starting ????? WTF
Report San Quentin August 3, 2021 7:33 PM BST
Owen Farrell,Anthony Watson out of the matchday squad.Gaatts must really hate Farrell.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com