Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Kit-Kat-Dan
30 Jul 16 20:23
| Topic/replies: 2,060 | Blogger: Kit-Kat-Dan's blog
Beaten in Toulouse today but considering their current situation they can be proud of their collective efforts.

Homeless through no fault of their own, coaches and playing staff shafted by owners and York Council, only 15 players travelled to France. The club was actually wound up last Thursday and all staff laid off but they've stuck together and now hopefully a future can be secured if new owners can sort something out. Compared to Premier League wages these boys are mostly part time and need to earn to pay mortgages etc.

I know in the grand scheme of things YCK's problems are not particularly important but in sport why is it always the smaller teams who get the $h1tty end of the stick? Good luck to everyone concerned for the rest of the season.
Pause Switch to Standard View Well done York City Knights
Show More
Report gaz255 August 1, 2016 6:53 PM BST
The trip I believe was funded by RFL central funds and some players could not get off work.Did OK against quality opposition.I remember many years ago playing v York at a ground near the city center as you could see the minster from it.
Report The Shipbuilders September 24, 2016 10:45 AM BST
Going to be a different story today I think.

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_23628-york-name-travelling-squad-of-just-13.html

Haven't posted in a long time due to my lethargy regarding the best game in the world and the shambolic governing of the sport by the RFL.France this year and Canada next oh dear will this madness ever end.
Report Mr Eboue September 24, 2016 7:56 PM BST
Very sad for the York lads. Their head coach, James Ford, is a class act and I feel sorry for him and his players.
Report khyber kim September 28, 2016 12:15 PM BST
The problem for York is that they are just above the RL catchment area.

Anywhere north and east of Leeds is a Rugby Union area and is played in all the schools along with football and cricket.

North West of Leeds and West Yorkshire, RL was always strong in Lancashire and Cumbria. The game has been sadly neglected where it was traditionally strong, Workington Barrow Whitehaven. In years gone by these areas always produced players who were good enough to represent GB and provided players for the Aussie tours.
Report Desmond Orchard October 10, 2016 3:44 PM BST
There are still 3 clubs with junior RL teams in York, KK. Versus just the one Union club.
The problem is that the standard is gash and the coaching (on the whole) is poor - which is the opposite of York RUFC, where teams at all ages are competitive until you reach the senior section.
Schools rugby of either code is barely played outside of the public schools and of course that's exclusively Union.
The truth is the RL clubs decision to sell their city centre ground for mega-bucks and move to an out of town, windswept hole ripped the ar5e out of their support. The original ground was often rammed, but the new place deserted and the club has never recovered.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com