Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
irishone
20 Jun 24 06:02
| Topic/replies: 58,072 | Blogger: irishone's blog
The behaviour of some England fans at Euro 2024 is under scrutiny after a number were filmed singing a controversial chant referencing German casualties in World War Two over the weekend.

So why does it still happen, will it continue to be sung and what can be done?

Despite an appeal by both British and German police for fans to refrain from doing so, BBC Sport witnessed the '10 German bombers' chant being sung in the German city Gelsenkirchen on the day of England’s opening match against Serbia on Sunday.

Then on Wednesday afternoon, BBC Sport filmed some England fans directing those chants at a group of passing Germany supporters in the centre of Frankfurt.

Over the last few days, we have asked some supporters how they felt about it.

“Just don’t do it,” said one. “There are so many more chants to have rather than that one. [The war] was, what, 80 years ago
Pause Switch to Standard View England fans chanting war...
Show More
Report edy June 20, 2024 3:04 PM BST
so it just gives you baby bunnies with four helicopter ears.

*sometimes
Report dustybin June 20, 2024 3:05 PM BST
They dished up lectures explaining why they refused to show black people in a bad light, it was contrived, not pot luck.

The very fact it shoe horns black people into positions that don’t resonate with reality just shows their attempts at sterilising history into what they want it to have been.
Which itself is the very point made when I showed how google searches wouldn’t show couples that wernt mixed race versions.

And I suppose you believe there isn’t a quota of racially selecting candidates for roles in certain positions too?
Report edy June 20, 2024 3:06 PM BST
dustybin • June 20, 2024 3:05 PM BST
They dished up lectures explaining why they refused to show black people in a bad light, it was contrived, not pot luck.

The very fact it shoe horns black people into positions that don’t resonate with reality just shows their attempts at sterilising history into what they want it to have been.

True, it very much whitewashes the incredibly racist past and crimes of the USA.
Report edy June 20, 2024 3:06 PM BST
of white people in the USA
Report edy June 20, 2024 3:09 PM BST
"oh look, there were black founding fathers and black senators already this early too" instead of "Black people were enslaved and for the longest of times had near to no rights and representation".

So nefarious towards whitey.
Report edy June 20, 2024 3:13 PM BST
"Woah, see? All the coolest universities always fairly allowed black people into them already way back in time. Take that you racist divide & conquerers that try to tell us black people used to be discriminated at point of enrollment to the point that they had to found own universities!"
Report dustybin June 20, 2024 3:14 PM BST
And the extent of the whites that got enslaved and sent East doesn’t register in your world either does it?
Or that the crusades were a result of the oppression of an Islamic conquest that got turned back from its attempts at taking Europe.

All this one eyed view of history that sad sacks like you edy cling to.
Report dustybin June 20, 2024 3:16 PM BST
So when Laurence Kraus and Richard Dawkins, bother lefties by nature denounce what the field of science are doing by racially profiling candidates for places in these university that doesn’t bother you?
Report dustybin June 20, 2024 3:17 PM BST
* and insisting they produce letters that show a person’s activities to forward diversity being more important than merit.
Report edy June 20, 2024 3:34 PM BST
The arab slave trade has very little relevance to black people in the USA having few rights for the longest of time.

Or that the crusades were a result of the oppression of an Islamic conquest that got turned back from its attempts at taking Europe.

What conquest specifically and why did is result in the need to take The Holy Land?

dustybin • June 20, 2024 3:16 PM BST
So when Laurence Kraus and Richard Dawkins, bother lefties by nature denounce what the field of science are doing by racially profiling candidates for places in these university that doesn’t bother you?

Not really. If I was to cheat you day after day after day after day after day for years and I gain a significant advantage in education, wealth, social standing etc. from it, would you deem it adequate for us to then one day go "I know I've cheated you for years and I got a proper huge disadvantage out of it over you, but....we buddies, right? My advantage is so big by now that I'm fine with not cheating anymore and we both playing fairly. No  advantage given to me, no advantage given to you. Deal!"?

I have my doubts you'd be cool with that, given the consistent hissy fits you throw about being a victim as a presumably white straight male.
Report A_T June 20, 2024 3:36 PM BST
oh god not the barbary pirates again
Report dustybin June 20, 2024 3:41 PM BST
No, I gather your inflated virtuous enabling self who is all too ready to label the ills of the past as all white cares less about proficiency than creating a future that’s all about mediocrity, when fields of science require the best available.
Report edy June 20, 2024 3:51 PM BST
That I label all ills of the past as all white is the result of your desperation to imagine that everybody is being meanies to whitey.
Report dustybin June 20, 2024 3:55 PM BST
How do you know those whites who did what you construe as naughty weren’t identifying as black people, just as the dead corpses of males are argued to be open as to what they might have been?
This whimsical future leaving facts behind.
Report edy June 20, 2024 3:59 PM BST
Can you please elaborate on "just as the dead corpses of males are argued to be open as to what they might have been?"?
Report dustybin June 20, 2024 4:04 PM BST
Just as the insistence that all areas must be diverse rather than based on ability there is too arguments being made by the same people to question the validity of scientific facts of the people in history as to their sexual orientation and gender identities.
Report casemoney June 20, 2024 4:05 PM BST
Edy concerned about Black Folks in the States Laugh
Report edy June 20, 2024 4:08 PM BST

Jun 20, 2024 -- 4:04PM, dustybin wrote:

Just as the insistence that all areas must be diverse rather than based on ability there is too arguments being made by the same people to question the validity of scientific facts of the people in history as to their sexual orientation and gender identities.

Like?

Report edy June 20, 2024 4:09 PM BST
Like this one?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birka_grave_Bj_581
Report dustybin June 20, 2024 4:19 PM BST
You think I either bother to look at any of your links, or store articles incase your limited knowledge asks me to refer to the cases I’ve read about in The Economist or other places?

Remember last time you wanted sources I’d read in such publications edy, when I left it and left it until I couldn’t be bothered with your lack of knowledge any more and dropped those 3 bomb articles on you and your only response was to mention I said I’d show you 4?
That’s how pathetic you are.
Report edy June 20, 2024 4:31 PM BST
No, I actually do not remember when your five year old self "dropped those 3 bomb articles" on me and my only response was to mention that you had said you'd show me four because that's not what happened.

https://community.betfair.com/politics/go/thread/view/94150/31764323/pride-flags-in-london?post_id=562341303

Report edy June 20, 2024 4:32 PM BST
With a memory so shoddy for whatever reason, maybe do research first, dustybin.
Report dustybin June 20, 2024 4:34 PM BST
Only response in reference to the facts given you, the points you were attempting to argue that fell flat.
Ofc, not literally, because all you ever do is post drivel, so yes, you might well have continued to post drivel Mr.Tincan man.
Report dustybin June 20, 2024 4:35 PM BST
I see to recall you thinking you were some authority on what happened on campus etc
Until you were given the evidence and you vanished inside your shell like a snail.
Report edy June 20, 2024 4:35 PM BST
You mean the strawman you yourself put up.
Report dustybin June 20, 2024 4:36 PM BST
Boring rhetoric. ‘Straw man’ what a tool you are, didn’t you know that’s yesterday’s borefest response?
Report edy June 20, 2024 4:36 PM BST
Some people who like to announce how cool and winnery they are, do have a tendency to drop some serious bomb articles to own their strawmen.
Report edy June 20, 2024 4:38 PM BST
It's only yesterday's borefest response to those that like to own their own strawmen because they tend to not have the intellectual capability and knowledge to refute the points actually presented.
Report dustybin June 20, 2024 4:38 PM BST
Yeah, like when you tried to ask a question that had no value at all to it, I ignored it as such
Then with your wittering I asked you what your point was and you didn’t know

Haha
What a ponce
Report edy June 20, 2024 4:38 PM BST
Yes, that will totally be an accurate summary just like your previous one.
Report edy June 20, 2024 4:41 PM BST
I assume you very coincidentally are not able to link the thread in which that total ownage by you happened?
Report dustybin June 20, 2024 4:45 PM BST
On your copies of what everyone said for usage for when you want to cross reference to get a response you mean?
Why would I bother I put you back in your box.
Report edy June 20, 2024 4:48 PM BST
Yes, and people that are very eager to announce to the world how much they own everyone would of course never make such a thing up. Natural winners with bundles of real confidence like you have no need for that.
Report saddo June 20, 2024 8:26 PM BST
SirNorbertClarke 20 Jun 24 08:38 
Almost as bad as Irish racists singing Rebel songs about killing innocent English men, women and children.

The hypocrisy seems to have eluded old iris.
Report irishone June 21, 2024 6:55 AM BST
No one reads anything today

.....Laugh
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 21, 2024 7:38 AM BST
Love this place.

Thread aimed at laughing at leftie snowflakes easily offended by stuff see the biggest right whinge hissy fit over Star Wars ffs.

These people must spend hours ironing the cringes out of their skin.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 21, 2024 7:44 AM BST
Since when was complaining righteously a hissy fit?
Report irishone June 21, 2024 8:09 AM BST
21 06 2024 07:38

Porky's law
Report PorcupineorPineapple June 21, 2024 8:13 AM BST
When you sprawl off topic, create the most minor thing to be so obsessively and performatively upset about (can now add Star Wars to Doctor Who in the top 5 of problems facing this country), namecall anyone who disagrees with you, keep going on an on for hours rather than just saying your piece...

Lots of real problems around. Oh for the good fortune to be able to forget all that and be glued to youtube berks telling me how evil a kid's film is. Sweet jesus lads. Maybe pause for a moment and re-consider how you're spending your time?

Keeps the rest of us amused though so it's not all bad.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 21, 2024 9:27 AM BST
Politics is downstream from culture.
Report edy June 21, 2024 10:00 AM BST
Do black lesbian witches in science fiction soap operas also individually suppress you, Ronald?
Report edy June 21, 2024 10:02 AM BST
And do you also switch TV channels, or at least cover your eyes, if your ronnysenses tell you the horror of horrors - a same sex kiss - might be approaching?
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 21, 2024 10:12 AM BST
Would you consider me oppressed if I identified as a black lesbian witch?
Report edy June 21, 2024 10:15 AM BST
I will answer that after you stop being terribly rude, typical leftist at heart, and actually answer mine.
Report edy June 21, 2024 10:17 AM BST
Ever more evidence that the wannabe right wingers and wannabe conservatives are just trying to ruin any and all values.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 21, 2024 10:18 AM BST
I don't own a TV.
Report edy June 21, 2024 10:23 AM BST
I see, though it sounds like a bit of a cop out answer.

Absolutely would you be oppressed if you idenfified as a black lesbian witch. There simply is discrimination in our societies still towards people that are black (though less if they are trans black), towards people that are transsexual (especially trans women) and also against witches.

Ronaldmcdonald • June 21, 2024 10:18 AM BST
I don't own a TV.

Do black lesbian witches in science fiction soap operas also individually suppress you, Ronald? Irregardless of whether you watch them on a TV or on any other device that plays videos.

And do you also switch the video, or at least cover your eyes, if your ronnysenses tell you the horror of horrors - a same sex kiss - might be approaching?
Report edy June 21, 2024 10:27 AM BST
There simply is discrimination in our societies still towards people that are black (though less if they are trans black), towards people that are transsexual (especially trans women) and also against witches.

Oh, and homosexual of course is another thing that some total weirdos still view with suspicion as well. I know a member on this very forum, in the year 2024 (!), found it funny to harrass another forum member by consistently modifying their name with a "homo". Can you believe that in the year 2024?
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 21, 2024 10:59 AM BST
Speaking as someone who identifies as a black lesbian witch, I really feel that is you edy, and people of your ilk who are oppressing me.
Report edy June 21, 2024 11:02 AM BST
What would you like me personally to improve in my behaviour towards you?
Report edy June 21, 2024 11:04 AM BST
I did make sure to mock the guy who is scared of witches. Both here and when he was scared during Eurovision Song Contest time.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 21, 2024 11:07 AM BST
You appear to have reduced me, and my fellow black lesbian witches, to nothing more than an identity to be used in your leftie identity politics power struggle. Whereas I believe I have a lot to offer as an individual.
Report edy June 21, 2024 11:10 AM BST
Have I? In what way did I do that?
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 21, 2024 11:13 AM BST
Don't you feel more powerful when you have the excuse to sanctimoniously chastise honest punters for their violations of leftie pc rules?
Report edy June 21, 2024 11:14 AM BST
Can't say since I have never in my life chastised honest punters for their violations of leftie pc rules.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 21, 2024 11:14 AM BST
Speaking as someone who identifies as a black lesbian witch I feel terribly exploited.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 21, 2024 11:20 AM BST
What about the guy you called a ****?
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 21, 2024 11:21 AM BST
"****"
Report edy June 21, 2024 11:23 AM BST
You ok, mate?
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 21, 2024 11:24 AM BST
How come edy can say that word and I can't? More oppression I suppose.
Report edy June 21, 2024 11:24 AM BST
Which word?
Report edy June 21, 2024 11:27 AM BST
In general, Betfair has multiple levels of users, each of which has its own privileges and censored words. If you have proven yourself over the years to be fair, responsible, level-headed and possessor of exemplary manners and control over yourself, you get promoted to the Platinum User level.

Weird you didn't know this as someone who has held a forum account for well over twenty years.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 21, 2024 11:27 AM BST
Speaking as someone who identifies as a black lesbian witch I have never felt so oppressed, isn't there something you can do edy? Organize a leftie march or something?
Report edy June 21, 2024 11:27 AM BST
There is nothing I can do. Whether you get promoted to Platinum User is entirely down to your own behaviour.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 21, 2024 11:31 AM BST
You could at least say something sanctimonious.
Report edy June 21, 2024 11:34 AM BST
Ok

Nobody reads the Bible more than me.

(shouldn't it be "more than I do"?)
Report edy June 21, 2024 11:39 AM BST
As an expert native speaker, can you help me on the "me" vs. "I do" dilemma here, Ronald?
Report edy June 21, 2024 11:48 AM BST
While you think, I can say some more very super sanctimonious things since you asked so nicely.

No one is more conservative than me.

No one respects women more than me.

There’s nobody that’s done so much for equality as I have.

There’s nobody who feels more strongly about women’s health issues.

I am the least racist person you’ll ever meet.

Nobody is better on humility than me.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 21, 2024 11:51 AM BST
This is colloquially acceptable but not grammatically correct. "Me" is the object form, but after "than," the subject form "I" should be used. "No one reads the Bible more than I do." would be better.
Report edy June 21, 2024 11:54 AM BST
Thanks! That is very cool to know. Especially the explanation adds real value and help me. In most occasions I have developed a decent sense of when to use me or I, but sometimes I'm still unsure.

Love
Report dustybin June 21, 2024 11:54 AM BST
Think delusional pop should read the thread again. The person who brings up other topics is the sad case edy, the tragic loser tin can collector who just wants somebody to talk to.
He’s nuts deep in all the newly invented whimsy hoping his category will one day become an identity as special.
Alas, they still havnt reached that low rung yet.
Report edy June 21, 2024 11:54 AM BST
helps
Report edy June 21, 2024 11:57 AM BST
Why does you regularly being on about everybody being terrible meanies towards "whitey" or about "T-H-E-Y are forcing gayness down our throats" not count as newly invented whimsy?
Report edy June 21, 2024 12:00 PM BST
Sorry, you are right. That's not newly invented whimsy indeed. It's newly invented wimpy.
Report edy June 21, 2024 12:00 PM BST
Not a native speaker and I still confuse words.
Report dustybin June 21, 2024 12:27 PM BST
The staccato responses continue. Non of them having any value, questions and challenges by a sad man.

The real question should be exactly how low would his rationale go? Would it have no regulated safeguards at all, literally nothing dreamed up would be its own vindication?
Already denial of clear conditioning by the acolytes is justified, and the most racist agenda implemented in the form of being ‘anti racist’ is accepted.
A generation of kids being told the most important achievement of their lives is the choosing of which badge they wear.
All personal responsibility gone, just a prescribed identity, kids entering school in nappies and with no communication skills as the state are given responsibility to shape the drone.
Report dustybin June 21, 2024 12:28 PM BST
*simply anything dreamed up
Report edy June 21, 2024 12:31 PM BST
Just because you don't know the answer to something due to you having very minimal own thinking capabilities and others not having pre-chowed it for you, does not disqualify something from having value.
Report edy June 21, 2024 12:31 PM BST
chewed
Report dustybin June 21, 2024 12:31 PM BST
There seems a competition of how silly a suggestion can get and the words used to express a nonsense.
My personal fave atm is the ‘revert’ used in place of ‘convert’ to a religion, as used by those who try and believe they were a certain religion in the wombLaugh
Report edy June 21, 2024 12:34 PM BST
Seriously, mate, why does you regularly being on about everybody being terrible meanies towards "whitey" or about "T-H-E-Y are forcing gayness down our throats" not count as newly invented wimpy?
Report edy June 21, 2024 12:37 PM BST
There is apparently nefarious plot overload against you all over the place.
Report dustybin June 21, 2024 12:41 PM BST
It’s not against me edy, I have never relied on the state, I stopped working for others decades ago there is nothing that the loons could come up with that will interfere with me.
And no, I don’t watch dr.who or any of the new offshoots of Star Wars that are seemingly repelling so many invested in somebody else’s work before it was turned into a vehicle of name checking every minority cause first and foremost.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 21, 2024 12:44 PM BST
Some say they are reverting to paganism because they are reverting to an ancient practice.
Report edy June 21, 2024 12:51 PM BST
Oh, you get all enraged about the ultra nefarious plots on the behalf of others, dustybin?
Report dustybin June 21, 2024 12:53 PM BST
More pointless drivel from edy like the kid with nothing to say who just makes a noise so others acknowledge his existence.
Report edy June 21, 2024 1:00 PM BST
But if it isn't about or against you, then you must be getting all mad on the behalf of others all the time.
Report edy June 21, 2024 1:01 PM BST
Or what am I overlooking here?
Report dustybin June 21, 2024 1:11 PM BST
The fact that you are a needy irrelevance.
Report edy June 21, 2024 1:13 PM BST
Sorry, but I really fail to understand how that explains what I am overlooking in my assessment that you are getting all mad and offended on the behalf of others if it isn't, as you said, not against you.
Report edy June 21, 2024 1:21 PM BST
While, I might indeed be needy btw, I think someone who continuously makes sure to announce what a "winner" they themselves are or how much of an "irrelevance" the others generally are, could potentially also have some rather deep-rooted psychological problems and personality disorders. Just potentially. Not a trained expert in the field after all.
Report dustybin June 21, 2024 1:28 PM BST
It’s about values ffs.
You have non and would scrape the barrel to feel ‘included’ and spend all your time attempting to get acknowledgment being the lacky for somebody else’s agenda.

You are so boring and pointless that’s me away, you continue talking to your needy self
Report edy June 21, 2024 1:33 PM BST
You sure show off your values of civility when you go from one expletive to the other on your average day. You've been remarkably restrained today though.
Report edy June 21, 2024 1:35 PM BST
Also, given what we just found out about you getting all enraged on the behalf of others all the time, do you honestly feel it's appropriate to accuse me of being the "lacky [sic] for somebody else’s agenda"?
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 21, 2024 6:20 PM BST
Speaking as someone who identifies as a black lesbian witch, I think it is a huge problem for punters to be woke. They all end up losing the farm because they believe things that are not true. For instance, if there was a market on whether Lia Thomas gets pregnant in the next couple of years the woke punters would consider backing it. If the odds were good enough they would see it as value. That's how the woke mind virus gets them.
Report edy June 21, 2024 6:28 PM BST
Wow, you so super woke that you use the name Thomas adopted instead of the given name and you also don't misgender. You slipping up like that are how people idenfity that you really are a leftist at heart that is merely having fun on here by parodying the very dumbest alt cringer you can imagine.
Report unitedbiscuits June 21, 2024 9:11 PM BST
It's not ok on two counts.

It's not ok for grown ups to stand in the city centre of a country their grandfathers have bombed to ****, wobble their arms and revel in the loss of life in the country where they are guests.

Also, it is not ok for these men-children to take on the mantle of the achievements of their forefathers.

And a third, hitherto unforseen objection, is the look. People abroad will think all English emotional-pigmies on the autistic spectrum. I can see why dustybin is so engaged..
Report edy June 21, 2024 10:55 PM BST
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13551281/German-pensioner-water-drunk-England-fans-urinating-Frankfurt-Denmark.html

Would never happen from Scots. They've been all around amazing guests.
Report brentford June 21, 2024 11:02 PM BST
Can't even have away fans at old firm games currently..so not sure they've nailed it entirely..though I guess most Celtic don't support Scotland..

England away are largely very well behaved these days and often when there are issues provoked due to old reputations if anything does kick off..

are we really getting upset by 10 German bomber songs...I wouldn't endorse it but in reality unless aimed directly and therefore provocatively I've heard a lot worse...
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 21, 2024 11:30 PM BST
Coventry was flattened in the war.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com