Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
casemoney
09 Jun 24 00:26
| Topic/replies: 37,577 | Blogger: casemoney's blog

No wonder they changed the Name From Global Warming

Have a look at that for the Middle of June , Will Aunty be reporting a 3 month Average as fooking Freezing ?
Pause Switch to Standard View Calling: Sir Charlie Global Boiler
Show More
Report Mexico June 9, 2024 8:45 AM BST
Case

A few questions a 5 year old could answer, so you will probably struggle.

What does the word “global” mean?
What does “climate” mean?

Now the really difficult question….

What is the difference between “weather” and “climate “?
Report saddo June 9, 2024 1:18 PM BST
Another creative argument to feed the people shivering in June, It's too hot somewhere else'. They really have covered all bases propaganda wise.
Report Dr Crippen June 9, 2024 1:32 PM BST
We've gone from the ''hottest May on record'' to - don't mention June.
Report edy June 9, 2024 1:33 PM BST

Jun 9, 2024 -- 1:18PM, saddo wrote:

Another creative argument to feed the people shivering in June, It's too hot somewhere else'. They really have covered all bases propaganda wise.

It is not at all creative. It has never to begin with been about every part of the planet in every month showing higher temperatures than in the same month a year prior. If you think otherwise, you have paid zero attention to even the most basic science behind it all.

If e.g. the heat transfer systems to (north western) Europe collapse, then Europe will again become quite a bit colder all the while the overall heat energy in the system earth continues to increase. The heat of course doesn't just vanish in that scenario. It simply doesn't get transported.to Europe.

Report edy June 9, 2024 1:40 PM BST
The very creative version would indeed be: "Every place in every corner of the earth will always set temperature records"....and it would be torn apart very quickly because it's utter rubbish without a critical thought in sight.
Report Foinavon June 9, 2024 1:52 PM BST
Tropical regions aren't getting hotter though edy, how do you explain that?
Report flat16 June 9, 2024 2:01 PM BST
We record min + max temps and rainfall on the farm ,in middle England ,this May was colder than the previous year.
Last night was proper cold (minimum) below 5 degrees C.
I appreciate one place is not "national averages" as stated by the BBC but then their credibility to me is 0%.
The activity of the gastropods and inactivity of the cucumbers ,more evidence , as they do not seem to carry such a huge leftie bias.
Report pandora1963 June 9, 2024 2:04 PM BST
I take David Attenborough's word over the rest of us
Report edy June 9, 2024 2:08 PM BST

Jun 9, 2024 -- 1:52PM, Foinavon wrote:

Tropical regions aren't getting hotter though edy, how do you explain that?

....but they are increasing?

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/understanding-climate/climate-change-global-temperature

Report casemoney June 9, 2024 2:10 PM BST
Earth is estimated to be 4.54 billion years old

Since Records began is Equal to the blink of an Eyelid imo

Give it 200 years . it will be Global Freezing  on the Agenda
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 2:12 PM BST
I don't get how they can measure the temperature of the entire planet. How do they do it? Do they use a special omnipresent thermometer?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 9, 2024 2:20 PM BST
They have lots of weather stations.

About 17,500

Surface area of earth
197 000 000 square miles

57,250,000 square miles of land
Report saddo June 9, 2024 2:22 PM BST
No, they prefer smoke and mirrors.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 2:30 PM BST
They not measuring land they are measuring the atmosphere. How can they measure the entire atmosphere which has a volume of 1.83×10^21 cubic feet without an omnipresent thermometer?
Report Foinavon June 9, 2024 2:36 PM BST
There are local variations in the tropics but practically nothing on the 30 year map (lower tenths of a degree Fahrenheit of all things to make it seem bigger). There are some white areas on the 47 year map and some cooler sea areas.

It's interesting that critical areas for sea-level rise (Antarctica and Greenland) appear to be cooling according to their data.
Report flat16 June 9, 2024 2:39 PM BST
" I take David Attenboroughs word over the rest of us"
Few more should listen to him ,old and rich (can't be bought) as him implied Human population should be stabilised or reduced.
Some seem to think ,get pregnant as early as possible ,stay pregnant as long as possible ,each spawn is a miracle and pleases god ,WAC
Report edy June 9, 2024 2:53 PM BST

Jun 9, 2024 -- 2:36PM, Foinavon wrote:

There are local variations in the tropics but practically nothing on the 30 year map (lower tenths of a degree Fahrenheit of all things to make it seem bigger). There are some white areas on the 47 year map and some cooler sea areas.It's interesting that critical areas for sea-level rise (Antarctica and Greenland) appear to be cooling according to their data.

The picture where it says "It's Official" in the top left corner is only 2023. It is not the trend for greenland and antarctica.

That as of now the equatorial area is warming less than other parts is not the same as them nor warming. It is entirely expected as one of the major forcing aspects as of now is reduction in ice area and the reduction in planetary albedo that goes along with it. This naturally does not happen near the equator.

Report Foinavon June 9, 2024 3:11 PM BST
If you find the blue areas misleading, edy, then the same logic applies to the brown areas. There are ways and means of calculating averages and as Ronald pointed out there are different datasets, how do we know whether or not they are cherry-picking as they do with computer models? I don't dispute that we are in a warming period which has existed since the last ice-age give or take a few blips but I don't think it's anything to get excited about or even if it's a bad thing.
As I've said before, we need to rejig our energy production and overall needs before the easily exploited reserves become exhausted and I think the political furore is designed to legitimise a reduction in consumption and expectations and an increase in costs before things become critical especially with oil and gas.
Report edy June 9, 2024 3:37 PM BST
A lot of the data is public domain. Every hobby or aspiring scientist that sniffs a conspiracy of cherry picked data can plot these things with some basic knowledge in something like python.
Report Foinavon June 9, 2024 3:42 PM BST
Is that what you do or do you just accept everything you are fed by the media?
Report edy June 9, 2024 3:47 PM BST
I don't sniff a conspiracy of cherry picked data in this aspect, so my personal plotting involves other things.

I like my chances in assuming that someone will have done it though.
Report edy June 9, 2024 3:51 PM BST
....but if you do, there is nothing really limiting you from doing so. There is nothing limiting you or Ronald or anyone to "Oh, but what if it's cherry picked?" instead of reading the data into a pandas, xarray or whatever and then plot it. The data is there for people to use if they wish to.
Report edy June 9, 2024 3:52 PM BST
And if they think they found something, it can then be discussed.
Report Foinavon June 9, 2024 3:53 PM BST
A lot of people have and you can find lots of books about it. There's bound to be some non-scientific junk but not a reason to dismiss them all.
Report edy June 9, 2024 3:56 PM BST
Who is dismissing them all?
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 4:02 PM BST
If the data is accurate why has it not been able to predict anything useful over the last 40 years? All they seem to be able to predict with these climate models is slight temperature increases. None of the the catastrophes they predicted to happen before now have ever materialised. The ice caps didn't freeze over Manhattan isn't underwater and the great lakes never dried up. They have been wrong on every catastrophe they have predicted but the climate communists still think they are right about the existential catastrophe that will end the world as we know it. Talk about crying wolf.
Report Foinavon June 9, 2024 4:04 PM BST
I don't suppose you have read them all, have you?
Report edy June 9, 2024 4:05 PM BST
Of course I have not.
Report edy June 9, 2024 4:06 PM BST
You are just making things up now (again), Ronald.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 4:12 PM BST
What accurate prediction has been made by climate models apart from small temperature increases?
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 4:14 PM BST
Climate change.
Report casemoney June 9, 2024 4:16 PM BST
Good after noon Sir Charlie Love
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 4:17 PM BST
Good afternoon Case.
Report edy June 9, 2024 4:18 PM BST

Jun 9, 2024 -- 4:12PM, Ronaldmcdonald wrote:

What accurate prediction has been made by climate models apart from small temperature increases?

What other accurate predictions did they pretend to make?

Report Charlie June 9, 2024 4:20 PM BST
Have a look at that for the Middle of June , Will Aunty be reporting a 3 month Average as fooking Freezing ?

I doubt very much that the BBC will describe it in those terms.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 4:25 PM BST
The climate has always changed. So the climate models were able to predict the climate would change when we already knew it would change. That's about as useful as predicting the sun will rise.
Report edy June 9, 2024 4:27 PM BST
How were they able to predict temperatures would increase instead of decrease?
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 4:33 PM BST
Record temperatures, extreme rainfall, increased flooding, increased severity of wild fires, increases in sea-levels, etc.
Report Dr Crippen June 9, 2024 4:34 PM BST
pandora196309 Jun 24 14:04Joined: 28 Aug 07 | Topic/replies: 24,328 | Blogger: pandora1963's blog

I take David Attenborough's word over the rest of us

Why not, his guess is as good as anybody else's.

Still only a guess.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 4:37 PM BST
Did they predict it, or did they assume the trend would continue? The upward trend in global temperatures began in the late 19th century.
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 4:38 PM BST
It did indeed, why do think that happened?
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 4:38 PM BST
If the climate models predicted a slight temperature increase it's the least impressive prediction I have ever heard of. The temperature was already trending up.
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 4:39 PM BST

Jun 9, 2024 -- 4:33PM, Charlie wrote:

Record temperatures, extreme rainfall, increased flooding, increased severity of wild fires, increases in sea-levels, etc.

They're pretty impressive.

Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 4:40 PM BST
You could have asked the bloke down the pub if the temperature was trending upwards without spending fortunes on climate models.
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 4:42 PM BST
There's a lot of people on these threads who would deny it.
Report Dr Crippen June 9, 2024 4:44 PM BST
''In the fall of 1973, a prominent climate scientist named Reid Bryson took the stage at an American Association of Geographers conference, and to a crowd of hundreds packed inside the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire banquet hall, he explained that the planet was cooling.''

https://scienceline.org/2017/04/ice-age-never-happened/#:~:text=Harsh%20winters%20brought%20historic%20blizzards%2C%20including%20the%20destructive,not%20cooling.%20An%20ice%20age%20was%20never%20imminent.
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 4:46 PM BST
Looks like he was wrong.
Report casemoney June 9, 2024 4:48 PM BST
chainsaw Out

Global warming has reached such cataclysmic levels that I am now having to cut logs on 9 June.
It’s 15c in the house!

bloke on Twitter Grin
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 4:53 PM BST
Perhaps he should move to Delhi, it's been pretty warm there. Was nearly 53C at end of May.
Report casemoney June 9, 2024 5:24 PM BST
I would Suggest sticking a Coat on tbh
Report casemoney June 9, 2024 5:44 PM BST
A Mention of Artic Air on the ITV , its certainly all happening
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 6:52 PM BST
Seems like a lot of kerfuffle for a small temperature increase. Does anyone know whether more people die of heat or cold?
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 6:59 PM BST
Do you ignore all questions asked of you?
Report saddo June 9, 2024 7:01 PM BST
Ron, an undertaker I knew said winter takes the old uns, summer takes the younger.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 7:13 PM BST
Temperatures started going up when we came out of the Little Ice Age.
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 7:14 PM BST
Ah shame, the clown is afraid to answer questions. Bless him.
Report lfc1971 June 9, 2024 7:26 PM BST
Sir charlie global boiler LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

case has a very individualistic way with words ,, clever guy
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 8:01 PM BST
Which question is that Charlie?
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 8:06 PM BST
Ronaldmcdonald • June 9, 2024 4:37 PM BST
Did they predict it, or did they assume the trend would continue? The upward trend in global temperatures began in the late 19th century.

Charlie • June 9, 2024 4:38 PM BST
It did indeed, why do think that happened?
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 8:08 PM BST
I have already answered this. Temperatures started going up when we came out of the Little Ice Age.
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 8:09 PM BST
Ronaldmcdonald • June 9, 2024 4:12 PM BST

Charlie • June 9, 2024 4:33 PM BST
+

Not a question as such so I assume you believe what I said.
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 8:12 PM BST
So your saying the little ice age ended in the late 1900s, increased CO2 and increased temperatures was nothing to with the industrial revolution?
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 8:14 PM BST
So they predicted another thing that's always happened, extreme weather. These climate models sound completely useless.
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 8:14 PM BST
You missed a few things off.
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 8:15 PM BST
Especially the word increasing.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 8:19 PM BST
No the little ice age didn't end in the 1900s, the 19th century would be the 1800s.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 8:21 PM BST
It's always increased and decreased. Is there a single thing these models can tell us that the bloke down the pub couldn't?
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 8:22 PM BST
Ok, my mistake on that. So what has that got to do with anything?
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 8:23 PM BST
How many people down the pub would say: I think there will be record temperatures, extreme rainfall, increased flooding, increased severity of wild fires, increases in sea-levels, etc?
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 8:24 PM BST
What would you expect the temperature to do when we come out of a mini ice age?
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 8:25 PM BST
If you can show a credible source of somebody saying there is no climate change then that may help your cause. Can you?
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 8:26 PM BST
Why do think I am claiming there's no climate change? The climate has always changed.
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 8:27 PM BST

Jun 9, 2024 -- 8:24PM, Ronaldmcdonald wrote:

What would you expect the temperature to do when we come out of a mini ice age?

I would expect the temperatures to rise in Europe and North Atlantic region.

Report Charlie June 9, 2024 8:28 PM BST

Jun 9, 2024 -- 8:26PM, Ronaldmcdonald wrote:

Why do think I am claiming there's no climate change? The climate has always changed.

Man made climate change pedant.

Report irishone June 9, 2024 8:28 PM BST
Most forum posters realise Charlie is a dhead

If yiu want to engage remember he is special needs
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 8:31 PM BST
If the temperatures go up in those parts of the world wouldn't you expect the world's average temperature to increase?
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 8:32 PM BST
That's not a given. Why do you think CO2 increased after the industrial revolution and had been going up ever since?
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 8:33 PM BST
That's how averages normally work.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 8:35 PM BST
Is this a special case where maths is replaced with climate science jiggery pokery?
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 8:36 PM BST
What CO2 emissions average out since the 19C?
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 8:39 PM BST
Do you wear a double mask when you are in the car on your own?
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 8:40 PM BST
You sound like the type.
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 8:42 PM BST
So you're actually trying to say that since the industrial revolution the amount of CO2 hasn't increased year by year, is that true?
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 8:43 PM BST
I don't have a car but if I did I'd wear a gas mask just to make sure.
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 8:45 PM BST
When I go out I'm very careful and wear a bee suit as you never know.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 8:50 PM BST
Of course a cyclist with a helmet cam so you can cause trouble reporting people. Typical leftie.
Report edy June 9, 2024 8:52 PM BST
Are only lefties people of law and order?
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 8:52 PM BST

Jun 9, 2024 -- 8:42PM, Charlie wrote:

So you're actually trying to say that since the industrial revolution the amount of CO2 hasn't increased year by year, is that true?

Any reply?

Report irishone June 9, 2024 8:53 PM BST
half the population of the u k has below average intelligence
Report irishone June 9, 2024 8:54 PM BST
think about it and be thankful
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 8:54 PM BST
I haven't got a bike, luckily I've got legs which are currently working fine, and a free travel card.
Report irishone June 9, 2024 8:55 PM BST
LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 8:58 PM BST
CO2 levels usually go up with the temperature.
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 9:02 PM BST

Jun 9, 2024 -- 8:42PM, Charlie wrote:

Are you saying the industrial revolution had nothing to do with increasing man made CO2 emissions?

Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 9:03 PM BST
A free travel card? I thought you sounded like a student.
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 9:03 PM BST
I think you know I'm not.
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 9:06 PM BST
I'm still waiting for you to post my top betting losses. But more pressingly my CO2 question.
Report irishone June 9, 2024 9:08 PM BST
students learn

charlie doesn't
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 9:13 PM BST
Industrialisation increased CO2 levels and that may have increased temperatures, but I doubt if it made much difference. There are always increases in temperature when we come out of a mini ice age, so to attribute that entirely to industrialisation is bonkers. I wouldn't worry about it too much if I was you. I wouldn't get paranoid about it like Greta and co.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 9:27 PM BST
Old age pensioner then I suppose with a free travel card.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com