Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
dambuster
01 Jun 24 10:53
Joined:
Date Joined: 12 Apr 02
| Topic/replies: 282,876 | Blogger: dambuster's blog
Do they actually think we believe this rubbish.?
Pause Switch to Standard View THE BBC WEATHER MAN SAID IT WAS THE...
Show More
Loading...
Report edy June 9, 2024 2:27 PM BST
Don't you feel a bit dirty to just make up claims like that, Cider?
Report Cider June 9, 2024 2:29 PM BST
It's amazing how the 'scientists' of this time come up with exactly the outcomes that our delightful political leaders want them too. Masks don't work, yes they do, no they don't :)
Report edy June 9, 2024 2:30 PM BST

Jun 9, 2024 -- 2:26PM, edy wrote:


Can you cite any scientific papers for either of those made up claims of yours, Cider?


.

Report Cider June 9, 2024 2:33 PM BST
Funnily enough edy, it doesn't matter if 'scientists' tell me that it's been the warmest May in the UK since records began. As my central heating booted itself up for the first time in a May, living in my property since 2011. Exactly like I know I did not need to disinfect my post back in 2020. A dose of common sense goes a long long way.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 2:33 PM BST
If big fossil fuel were to uncover a network of climate corruption, what would prevent the media and the governments from poopooing it?
Report edy June 9, 2024 2:33 PM BST
Yeah yeah, but can you cite any scientific papers to back up these two total lies of yours?

Cider • June 9, 2024 2:26 PM BST
Hopefully it's not the same type of scientists that told us wearing 99p masks stopped the spread of covid, and taking the covid vaccine stopped people catching covid.
Report edy June 9, 2024 2:34 PM BST

Jun 9, 2024 -- 2:33PM, Ronaldmcdonald wrote:


If big fossil fuel were to uncover a network of climate corruption, what would prevent the media and the governments from poopooing it?


The evidence.

Report Cider June 9, 2024 2:35 PM BST
It's the post truth world edy. If covid didn't tell you that, nothing will. 'scientists' will produce any result that they are asked to/ paid to produce.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 9, 2024 2:35 PM BST
So you forgot to switch your heating off this may.

The scientists are all wrong

Great logic.
Report edy June 9, 2024 2:35 PM BST
Just because it's the post-truth world, does not mean you have to go out and deliberately tell all the biggest lies.
Report edy June 9, 2024 2:36 PM BST
Why do you personally choose to tell lies like that, Cider?
Report Cider June 9, 2024 2:38 PM BST
Nope. I'm in a new build, first and only person to live here. Top notch insulation. My central heating has been set to come on at the same temperature automatically, for over 10 years. I don't turn it off (or on) manually. I can (and do) override it with a 1 hour boost if I want to.
Report Cider June 9, 2024 2:39 PM BST
Well I'm not exactly sure when a new build is no longer a new build! but you get the point. Only me that has ever lived here.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 9, 2024 2:42 PM BST
It's not working if it hasn't come on in any of the
past 10 mays except this one.

I'd get it checked.
Report edy June 9, 2024 2:42 PM BST
So can you cite any any scientific papers where they scientists were paid to produce to back up these two total lies of yours?

Cider • June 9, 2024 2:26 PM BST
Hopefully it's not the same type of scientists that told us wearing 99p masks stopped the spread of covid, and taking the covid vaccine stopped people catching covid.
Report edy June 9, 2024 2:43 PM BST
If not, why did you think it was a brilliant idea to lie your hat off?
Report edy June 9, 2024 2:45 PM BST
*were paid to produce results that back up these two total lies of yours?
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 2:49 PM BST
Evidence? Are you serious? Galileo had plenty of evidence for his heliocentric model but his work still couldn't be published when he was alive.
Report dambuster June 9, 2024 2:52 PM BST
I can't understand why so many people are that Gullible to believe in the climate hoax.
Report edy June 9, 2024 2:56 PM BST

Jun 9, 2024 -- 2:49PM, Ronaldmcdonald wrote:


Evidence? Are you serious? Galileo had plenty of evidence for his heliocentric model but his work still couldn't be published when he was alive.


The catholic church isn't as powerful as it was back then.

Report Cider June 9, 2024 2:57 PM BST
As the 'right' people as they see it are fully committed to the nonsense. It's inversed isn't it, so if you say humans can't influence the weather, you're the fruit loop. And the people claiming humans can influence the weather are the educated types. Cos, you know, 'scientists' Laugh
Report edy June 9, 2024 2:58 PM BST
Still no scientific papers that back up your total made up lies, Cider?
Report edy June 9, 2024 2:59 PM BST

Jun 9, 2024 -- 2:57PM, Cider wrote:


As the 'right' people as they see it are fully committed to the nonsense. It's inversed isn't it, so if you say humans can't influence the weather, you're the fruit loop. And the people claiming humans can influence the weather are the educated types. Cos, you know, 'scientists'


Why would humans not be able to influence weather and climate?

Report Cider June 9, 2024 3:00 PM BST
What has been achieved so far by the nut zero project? By way of influencing the weather.
Report edy June 9, 2024 3:02 PM BST
Is that meant to be an answer to why humans are unable to influence weather and climate?
Report Cider June 9, 2024 3:02 PM BST
Let's see
Report edy June 9, 2024 3:03 PM BST
Well, was it meant to be an answer?
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 3:04 PM BST
The media and the governments are fairly powerful these days. Do you think that if there is evidence of climate science being rubbish they would be forced to acknowledge it and do U-turn on a multi trillion dollar enterprise?
Report edy June 9, 2024 3:05 PM BST
Absolutely
Report edy June 9, 2024 3:08 PM BST
Countries around the world only very reluctantly engaged with climate change measures. They would sing three hallelujahs if there was solid reason to for man-made climate change not being a thing.
Report Cider June 9, 2024 3:11 PM BST
What's the inflection point for influencing the weather?
Report edy June 9, 2024 3:12 PM BST
Sorry, can you please rephrase that?
Report Cider June 9, 2024 3:12 PM BST
Say, the EU achieved nut zero, what would be different ?
Report edy June 9, 2024 3:26 PM BST
Oh, that's a simple one. If the EU was to reduce CO2 emissions like that and it also means an overall lesser output of greenhouse emissions, then the greenhouse effect would increase less than it would have otherwise.

And of course people are being a bit ignorant if they think humans are principally unable to influence weahter and climate. I guess you don't subscribe to the conspiracy theory of weather engineering that's been spreading a bit among British people? Where contrails are not anymore about really being chemtrails that make everyone dumb, but rather about making the weather miserable above Britain because it gives you all the clouds and bad weather?

As humans interact with the planet, they can change the composition of the atmosphere. This can be short scale by inducing rain. If humans bring condensation nuclei into the sky and were to condensate lots of water, then naturally humans would influence rainfall. It's not magic, it's not a spiritual rain dance. It's very basic use of what humans know about how rainfall works

Similarly, if we pump a ton of sunlight reflecting aerosols, sulfates and such, into the atmosphere, it increases the albedo of our planet, i.e. more sunlight is reflected back to space. That less sunlight means lower temperatures. On the other side of this, if we bring green house gases into the atmosphere, then more electromagnetic waves get trapped in the atmosphere, get emitted back to the surface instead of leaving towards space. If more energy goes back to the surface, that results in higher temperatures.

So....yeah....to claim that humans principally can't influence weather and climate....might not necessarily make someone a fruit loop, but someone being thoroughly uneducated about nature and physics.
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 3:29 PM BST
You think they would throw away trillions because of evidence? You can't be that stupid. There are countries who already don't take climate change seriously. Is China acting on evidence?
Report Cider June 9, 2024 3:29 PM BST
means an overall lesser output of greenhouse emissions, then the greenhouse effect would increase less than it would have otherwise

lol

so what would happen to the weather. how would it be different to now
Report edy June 9, 2024 3:31 PM BST
Weather itself is a lot of chaos. What kind of answer do you expect there?

Over a longer time scale, the troposphere of the planet would heat up slower. That's the effect it would have and that's also the effect that people are pursuing. It's not about making a specific day colder than it was on the same date a year prior.
Report edy June 9, 2024 3:33 PM BST
It's not about making a specific day colder than it was on the same date a year prior.

and especially not at any given specific location.
Report Cider June 9, 2024 3:33 PM BST
It's complete fantasy fruit loop, beyond comprehension levels. We're going to make ourselves significantly poorer across developed europe, so that 'the greenhouse effect would increase less than it would have otherwise'

quality

and these are the self claimed intelligent people Happy
Report edy June 9, 2024 3:35 PM BST
I gathered already that a lot of basic physics is far beyond your personal comprehension levels.

Have you found any scientific papers yet to back up your total lies from earlier?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 9, 2024 3:42 PM BST
If in some parts of Europe summer doesn't want to start,in South America winter has disappeared from the map altogether
Tropical night at Buenos Aires ARGENTINA with a minimum temperature of 20.3C,record highest for June.
Nearby Colonia URUGUAY also record with a min of 20.7C
Report Cider June 9, 2024 3:51 PM BST
It doesn't exist. We can't measure the 'greenhouse effect', we don't know where it will be in 30 years, we don't know if self flagellating will have any impact on it. We don't know if the nut zero will make things worse, better, or fukk all impact.

Exactly the same as we can't tell if covid 19 came from a bat in a wet market, or from the deeply secretive CCP run (US funded) Wuhan institute of virology. But we have eyes, ears, and a functioning, critical brain (some of us, I guess).

Now when highly educated 'scientists' told us that there's no way in the world covid escaped from the CCP run institute in Wuhan where they happened to be testing coronaviruses and getting them to 'jump' from animals to humans, and it came from a bat at a wet market most likely, I did not believe them. Funny that.
Report edy June 9, 2024 3:54 PM BST
Is that still a know regarding the scientific papers to back up your brazenly rude lies?
Report edy June 9, 2024 3:54 PM BST
*still a no
Report lfc1971 June 9, 2024 3:54 PM BST
Is there a problem in Argentina with these temperatures
Still there hopefully , Argentine won the World Cup and
their women are the hottest in the world ,, good
Report lfc1971 June 9, 2024 3:56 PM BST
If that changes ,, then we have a problem
Not before !
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 9, 2024 3:57 PM BST
WORLD CLIMATIC HISTORIC REWRITTEN
50.9 Asswan
HIGHEST RELIABLE TEMPERATURE EVER RECORDED IN EGYPT (51.0 in 1918 had no Standard Stavenson Screen)
and HOTTEST JUNE DAY IN AFRICAN HISTORY
Report edy June 9, 2024 4:02 PM BST
We can't measure the 'greenhouse effect'

We know the physical properties of elements and molecules. How they scatter, how they reflect, how they emit. We have the technology to measure and remotely sense the composition of the atmosphere. So we might not be able to directly measure the greenhouse effect, but we can calculate it.
Report edy June 9, 2024 4:03 PM BST
Or an approximation of it rather.
Report Charlie June 9, 2024 4:07 PM BST
Cider • June 9, 2024 3:51 PM BST
It doesn't exist. We can't measure the 'greenhouse effect', we don't know where it will be in 30 years, we don't know if self flagellating will have any impact on it. We don't know if the nut zero will make things worse, better, or fukk all impact.


It's a bit like saying we can't measure the way people will vote in the GE as it's in the future. I suggest you immediately back the Tories with all the money you can muster. The rest of us will look at the existing voting intentions of people and back accordingly but of course you can't do that can you.
Report edy June 9, 2024 4:25 PM BST
I am so disappointed with you, Cider, going all high status type on me and completely ignoring anything regarding your brazen lies from earlier.
Report edy June 9, 2024 4:34 PM BST
Or was your "it doesn't exist" to start your 3:51 PM BST post your means of saying that the scientific papers that back up your brazen lies don't exist?

If not....what did mean "doesn't exist" anyway?
Report Ronaldmcdonald June 9, 2024 4:47 PM BST
How do you like them apples Cider?
Report sageform June 9, 2024 5:29 PM BST
Apparently it was night time temperatures which produced the "record". Very few clear cold nights or frosts. Daytime temps in May were nothing out of the ordinary.
Report Mexico June 9, 2024 5:59 PM BST
Sage

Yep that is basically what Met office said on their press release.
Was mild at night especially in Northern England and Scotland.

Not exactly a difficult concept to understand, yet the normal flat Earth conspiracy theory are wetting their pants again.

Must be all those PhD students raking in the money any telling lies while the poverty stricken directors at oil companies are struggling to feed their families.
The good honest Middle East dictators are practically bankrupt.
Report moisok June 10, 2024 11:20 AM BST
I have had the heating on twice in june
Report Reynard June 10, 2024 11:25 AM BST
I guess the BBC weather man was referring to May 2020 when the entire nation was under house arrest . Nice of him to let us know what we needlessly missed out on Plain
Report Mexico June 10, 2024 11:28 AM BST
Thank you Moisok for the irrelevant update to your life.

You will be delighted to know I had fish and chips last night & will be going to the garden centre next weekend to buy some new sheers.

Can’t believe the climate scientists use temperature measurements for their climate research rather than just looking at the Betfair forum to understand the global temperature changes over the past 100 years.
They have missed a trick there.
Report Reynard June 10, 2024 11:36 AM BST
Mexico • June 10, 2024 11:28 AM BST
Can’t believe the climate scientists use temperature measurements for their climate research rather than just looking at the Betfair forum to understand the global temperature changes over the past 100 years.

I tend to trust the contributors on here more than I trust the climate scientists .
Betfair forumites aren't as reliant on funding from certain organisations as the climate scientists , some of whom were cancelled as a result of giving their honest opinions on climate change .
Report Mexico June 10, 2024 11:41 AM BST
Raynard

I am not the least bit surprised that you value the opinions of your favourite anonymous posters on a gambling website rather than peer reviewed research.

Obviously that says far more about you, your education , intelligence, and how gullible you are than it does about peer reviewed scientific research.

Be careful not to fall off the Earth, that gravity thing is all a myth.
Report Reynard June 10, 2024 11:54 AM BST
You know absolutely nothing with regards to my education so don't be so bloody righteous to assume .
As for my intelligence the fact that I am engaging with you draws that into question so I'll give you that .
As for my gullibility I don't have a TV and don't read mainstream press so there ain't much in the way of BS left for me to swallow .

PS> Gravity IS real and if you are a 'flat-earther' I suggest you do a little research Devil
Report Mexico June 10, 2024 12:06 PM BST
Reynard

Nowhere have I claimed to “know” that you are a poorly educated , lack intelligence & gullible .
I’m just using the evidence available.

You can keep on believing the flat Earth conspiracy theory loons on an anonymous forum if you wish. Please don’t cry and wet your pants if people think you are gullible for that.

Keep your hat shiny Ray.
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:09 PM BST

Jun 10, 2024 -- 11:36AM, Reynard wrote:


Mexico • June 10, 2024 11:28 AM BSTCan’t believe the climate scientists use temperature measurements for their climate research rather than just looking at the Betfair forum to understand the global temperature changes over the past 100 years.I tend to trust the contributors on here more than I trust the climate scientists . Betfair forumites aren't as reliant on funding from certain organisations as the climate scientists , some of whom were cancelled as a result of giving their honest opinions on climate change .


Which forumites were cancelled (you mean banned I guess?) for their honest opinions on climate change on here?

Report Reynard June 10, 2024 12:09 PM BST
What ? ........................... CrazyLaughLaughLaugh
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:11 PM BST
Oh wait, you meant cancelled climate scientists, right? Which were cancelled for their "honest" opinions on climate change instead of having discredited themselves by being paid by Big Oil?
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:13 PM BST
Always follow the money, innit?
Report Reynard June 10, 2024 12:15 PM BST
I refer to my 12.09 post .........................
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:19 PM BST
What part of my post did I phrase incorrectly?
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:19 PM BST
Like, which specific part should I rephrase for you not to come back with "What?"...?
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:23 PM BST
Can you give some names of climate scientists that have supposedly been "cancelled" over their "honest" opinions on climate change?

Is that phrased well?Happy
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:24 PM BST
Or is this one of those urban legends?
Report Reynard June 10, 2024 12:29 PM BST
You haven't answered my question , edy , yet you reel off loads of questions at me .
Is it simply that you don't have an answer or are you struggling ?
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:35 PM BST
Sorry, what was the question?
Report DancingBraveTheBest June 10, 2024 12:35 PM BST
Edy dont like answering questions....factLaugh
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:36 PM BST
Which of your question have I refused to answer, DancingBraveTheBest?
Report DancingBraveTheBest June 10, 2024 12:37 PM BST
Money makes the world go around......there is an answer to many questionsHappy
Report Reynard June 10, 2024 12:37 PM BST
Thanks for that @DancingBraveTheBest . I've made a mental note and shan't waste any more of my time with the aforementioned .
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:38 PM BST
The only question I see from Reynard is the "What?", which I at first thought was a response to Mexico, but as he referred me to it with his 12:15 PM BST post I then gathered he wished to express that he didn't understand my question. Hence me asking what part he didn't understand.

Do you see any other questions from Reynard, DancingBraveTheBest?
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:38 PM BST

Jun 10, 2024 -- 12:37PM, Reynard wrote:


Thanks for that @DancingBraveTheBest . I've made a mental note and shan't waste any more of my time with the aforementioned .


I really want to answer your question. Tell me where it is please!

Report Reynard June 10, 2024 12:39 PM BST
I refer to my 12.37 post . Just let it rest mate Plain
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:41 PM BST
...Very uncool to pretend I didn't answer your question when you never asked one other than the nebulous "What?". And all just because you are desperate to get away from having made stuff up earlier already.
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:42 PM BST
And the nebulous what coming after mine to begin with.
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:42 PM BST
But maybe DancingBraveTheBest can refer me to this mystery question of yours if it exists. Can you, DancingBraveTheBest?
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:43 PM BST
Save Reynard's honour that he isn't full of poo that just makes it up as he goes!
Report Reynard June 10, 2024 12:43 PM BST
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:44 PM BST
Someone's gotta do it if you yourself don't know your own question.
Report Reynard June 10, 2024 12:44 PM BST
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:44 PM BST
...Which is a bit weird I gotta say.
Report Reynard June 10, 2024 12:44 PM BST
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:44 PM BST
All those z's cost you much more time than simply copying and pasting the question or giving me the timestamp of it.
Report Reynard June 10, 2024 12:45 PM BST
12.37
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:45 PM BST
Reynard • June 10, 2024 12:37 PM BST
Thanks for that @DancingBraveTheBest . I've made a mental note and shan't waste any more of my time with the aforementioned .


Where is the question in that?
Report Reynard June 10, 2024 12:45 PM BST
12.37
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:46 PM BST
Ok, so it really is this then

edy • June 10, 2024 12:41 PM BST
...Very uncool to pretend I didn't answer your question when you never asked one other than the nebulous "What?". And all just because you are desperate to get away from having made stuff up earlier already.
Report Reynard June 10, 2024 12:46 PM BST
12.37
shan't waste any more of my time with the aforementioned .
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:47 PM BST
Why not just acknowledge that you made stuff up? We are supposed to be grown men here instead of people that hide our lies behind yet more lies.
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:48 PM BST
And very transparently so because....text gets logged here and it's very visible you never asked the question you pretend to have done.
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:48 PM BST
I mean....what makes you think that that's a good lie? One that is so very transparent?
Report edy June 10, 2024 12:49 PM BST

Jun 10, 2024 -- 12:42PM, edy wrote:


But maybe DancingBraveTheBest can refer me to this mystery question of yours if it exists. Can you, DancingBraveTheBest?


Guess you don't like answering questions, DancingBraveThebet. Not even if you would really help friendly forumites like Reynard with it. Sad. Sad

Report edy June 10, 2024 12:49 PM BST
Best
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com