Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
casemoney
19 Mar 24 22:01
| Topic/replies: 60,876 | Blogger: casemoney's blog
Has No Place in the UK  , No sure when this was even deemed to be OK  , I would Imagine with the Jews  , Islam on the Increase

So is this Cruel and Barbaric way to end an Animals Life ,Has not place in any Civilized Country IMHO
Pause Switch to Standard View Ban the religious slaughter of...
Show More
Report casemoney March 19, 2024 9:09 PM GMT
Animals are slaughtered by cutting the major blood vessels, i.e., carotid arteries and jugular veins along with the esophagus and trachea at the neck below the larynx to ensure  complete blood loss

No Mention of the Poor Animals being Hung upside Down Which must be a Carry on in itself

What Right has anyone got to Treat animals Like this ,On the Strength of what has been Written in books Thousands of Years Ago

Beyond comprehension that this is Going on
Report Dr Crippen March 19, 2024 9:17 PM GMT
A barbaric practice indeed.

Where does the RSPCA stand on this issue?

The latest Food Standards Agency figures show an estimated 24.5 million animals will be slaughtered without pre-stunning in 2022:

22 million meat chickens (2.3% of total slaughtered)
    2.7 million sheep (22.6% of total slaughtered)
    24,000 cattle (0.9% of total slaughtered)

The UK government doesn't have a legal requirement to ensure all animals are stunned before slaughter.

https://www.rspca.org.uk/adviceandwelfare/farm/slaughter/religiousslaughter
Report irishone March 19, 2024 9:20 PM GMT
"What Right has anyone got to Treat animals Like this "

What right do you have to criticise other peoples ways of living Case. ?

What right do you have to tell others how to treat animals ?

Who the feck are you to enforce your standards on others  ?
Report irishone March 19, 2024 9:20 PM GMT
"What Right has anyone got to Treat animals Like this "

What right do you have to criticise other peoples ways of living Case. ?

What right do you have to tell others how to treat animals ?

Who the feck are you to enforce your standards on others  ?
Report casemoney March 19, 2024 9:34 PM GMT
I don't like Cruelty to Animals Irish  I am not Enforcing Nowt , The Subject should should be Brought up in the House

People Chasing Foxes was Banned , I see little Difference in Stringing  a poor animal up and Slitting its Throat ,Usually in area where the Animal will see the Previously slaughtered before its Own Fate

What right have people got to Ban Horse racing or Dog racing for that Matter ?

Why is the Barbaric Treatment of these animals Not deemed the same as the Fox horse or Dog ?
Report Shrewd_dude March 19, 2024 9:39 PM GMT
I'm sure the unemployed purple haired leftie Tarquins will be right on it once they have decided what colour of dye to throw at the Aintree fences next month.
Report casemoney March 19, 2024 9:40 PM GMT
Hares another 1 , at least there is some chance the Fox or  Hare might not be killed
Report irishone March 19, 2024 9:43 PM GMT
Exactly .....

Its called the establishment ennit ?

Who voted for the people running the show ?

It weren't me .

I think Maggie started the rot, Major wet himself, Blair lied ,  as did Boris and when you feck up a country like they did over 40 odd years , strikes, wars, Brexit, Covid or whatever ...... you are going down and standards will drop.
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 19, 2024 9:58 PM GMT
I'd be more convinced that case and doc et al were fully behind this for animal cruelty reasons, rather than it just being another means to p!ss off muslim people.

But on animal cruelty grounds, I'm fully behind getting rid of Halal practices. I'm not convinced standard abattoirs are much better in reality and there should be a general overview of how our meat is produced. The industry likes to project an image of happy animals living a full life before behing humanely killed but the reality is often different.

I'm all for people being free to live their own lives, to believe in their own sky guy etc etc as long as they live within the law and are respectful to other people. But halal is one area that should be contrary to our values. We generally have strict laws on animal cruelty and it's not right to just have a carve out because some guys prefer it that way. Same with our education system: we have an education department and experienced teachers deciding what is in kids' lessons. If you want your kids to receive special lessons on Allah or Jesus or whoever, then take them to sunday school or somewhere similar on an evening or weekend. But don't tell teachers what can and can't be taught.
Report irishone March 19, 2024 10:07 PM GMT
Two most important things a government has to get right..... EDUCATION AND HEALTH

Which Government got them right in the last 40 years in the U K ?
Report .Marksman. March 19, 2024 10:40 PM GMT
It's not up to us to tell Muslims how to kill animals in their own countries. Likewise, I have no problem with bullfighting in Spain or other countries.  But in this country we have our own laws on animal cruelty and there can't be any exceptions made to anyone.
Report Whisperingdeath March 19, 2024 11:11 PM GMT
I am against the stunning of animals and at the very least would want tnn on know if I was buying halal meat. It should be on the packaging imho. I think most meat in fast food is Halal  sadly and much of the supermarket meat too.
Report thegiggilo March 20, 2024 12:04 AM GMT
As though slaughter houses are any better,it looks more gruesome but i know loads of idiots that worked in these slaughter houses,they employ people who don't guve twio fcuks about animals the lowes common denominator,hardly any difference between those and Halal..If you're going to eat meat suck it up,they've had documentaries about slaughter houses,you can imagine the sort of people that work in them,scum of the eart with low iq..
Report Shrewd_dude March 20, 2024 12:14 AM GMT
if you're going to eat meat suck it up,they've had documentaries about slaughter houses,you can imagine the sort of people that work in them,scum of the eart with low iq..

Said without any irony as per usual.
Report Shrewd_dude March 20, 2024 12:49 AM GMT
Cryoftears to rant about racism in T minus 6 hours.
Report irishone March 20, 2024 7:32 AM GMT
Its all down to having a bit of respect for humans and animals isnt it ?

Unsurprisingly there remains a lack of respect for other Humans views on this anonymous forum let alone respect to animals

Who knows who is right or wrong ?
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 20, 2024 7:48 AM GMT
Is halal meat really not stunned?

This is from 2011, but the UK Standards Agency says well over 80% of all halal animals were stunned first (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27324224), including all supermarket meat.

So if the animals are stunned, is the only difference with halal that he says abracadabra and then kills by slitting the throat rather than use a bolt gun? Add to which halal demands better treatment of animals during their life, is it in fact better? Anyone any details?

btw, Kosher actually forbids stunning the animal and then kills with a sharp knife. But y'know...
Report Dr Crippen March 20, 2024 11:45 AM GMT
There's no need for animals to suffer.

So the fact that they inflict unnecessary pain on animals, tells us all we need to know about these people. It's there for all to see.

And the same goes for those who defend the right to perform these vile practices on animals in a civilised society.
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 20, 2024 11:46 AM GMT
You mean Jewish people doc?
Report Dr Crippen March 20, 2024 12:08 PM GMT
It's all we need to know about them.
Report Whisperingdeath March 20, 2024 12:32 PM GMT
Yeah I mean I am against not stunning animals if required.

It’s a pretty gruesome business this true.
Report dambuster March 20, 2024 3:56 PM GMT
We are a nation of animal lovers, but we import nations of non animal lovers
Report casemoney March 20, 2024 5:29 PM GMT
Jews also involved Porci ,Did you read the post ? Barbaric practice Who ever is involved imo
Report casemoney March 20, 2024 5:30 PM GMT
Of course if it were only Jews involved Porci and the Lads would be in full support , Any mention of the other Mob gets their backs up for some reason
Report Dr Crippen March 20, 2024 8:23 PM GMT
I have to agree with casemoney.

A good example of their hate towards Jews is the way they ignore the war in Sudan, yet big up what's happening in Gaza.  Not a mention here of Sudan and little in the mainstream media. Which tells us how the mainstream media think as well.

''730,000 Sudanese children are believed to be suffering from severe malnutrition. Griffiths warned the Security Council last week that “almost five million people could slip into catastrophic food insecurity in some parts of the country in the coming months”.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/sudan-one-of-the-worst-humanitarian-disasters-in-recent-memory-un-warns/ar-BB1keBbm
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 20, 2024 9:40 PM GMT
Blimey, that's something.

Think you'll find it was yourself doc who was saying that killing animals that way was all we need to know about Jewish people.

Maybe have a look in the mirror when you're playing the antisemitism card.
Report rothko March 20, 2024 10:01 PM GMT
shouldn't this thread be about animal cruelty and a practice that has no place in our society rather than replaying the usual other stuff

so 80% are stunned whoopee - what about the other 20% that aren't - this will be a huge number - this practice is barbaric

perhaps we should have school trips to educate our youngsters on how their meat is prepared
Report Dr Crippen March 20, 2024 10:18 PM GMT
so 80% are stunned whoopee - what about the other 20% that aren't - this will be a huge numbe

I gave the numbers in my first post.
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 20, 2024 10:18 PM GMT
Don't really disagree. But those figures are from a dozen years ago so are out of date and I've seen enough documentaries on standard abattoirs to know that animal welfare isn't at the top of their agenda.

I'm not convinced the meat that any of us regularly eat comes from animals that have lived a satisfying life and have met a humane death in all honesty.

But the accusation here is that halal and kosher are so much crueller than the non-religious way. I spent a little time this morning which provided that data showing that halal isn't specifically avoiding stunning at all, and also that the kosher method (and halal method too) is believed by those groups to actually be far less cruel than stunning with a bolt gun first (quick slice cutting off blood to the brain = pretty instant death).

Now I'm not certain those facts really stand up. But it'd be novel if one of the frothers would actually be prepared to engage and try to find some evidence to move the topic along rather than shout antisemtie at someone who actually bothered to dig up something on it.
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 20, 2024 10:21 PM GMT
In terms of stunning chickens - and please do feel free to correct me if anyone knows different - the preferred method is to strap their heads to a device and put them under water. Then when they're all lined up that way (not sure how many), an electric charge is passed through.

No probs with the electrocution, but how many drown before being stunned etc?
Report casemoney March 20, 2024 10:34 PM GMT
Animals strung up and Slashed and some Rsole reading out Prayers ,Beyond belief in this day and age TBH
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 21, 2024 7:24 AM GMT
see?
Report edy March 21, 2024 8:52 AM GMT
But the accusation here is that halal and kosher are so much crueller than the non-religious way. I spent a little time this morning which provided that data showing that halal isn't specifically avoiding stunning at all, and also that the kosher method (and halal method too) is believed by those groups to actually be far less cruel than stunning with a bolt gun first (quick slice cutting off blood to the brain = pretty instant death).

The non-stunning kosher&halal methods include fixating the animal with violence so its throat can be slit accordingly. That's cruel in itself even if we assume that a mammal brain does not at least for a bunch of seconds process that its throat had just been slit wide open. Which I personally have my doubts about. I'm pretty sure something does register with the brain still for at least some time.

That said, halal does not necessarily have to mean that the animals aren't stunned first. Like with so many things regarding old, vague, contradicting texts, things can be a matter of interpretation. There are schools of islam that don't mind stunning because it's not really about stunning or non-stunning, but about the animal having had died already before the ritual cut. if a subgroup of believers are conspiracy theorists that think the stunning is actually premature killing, then...well....I don't have time for religious conspiracy theorists outside of mocking them. I think it should be banned without exceptions in Europe. If the potential consumers are hell bent on believing that stunning means premature killing, then they can always import their meat from outside of Europe if they get a moral crisis otherwise.

Nonetheless, I think the other point you make is a very important one too. Despite being a proponent of not cutting throats of conscious animals during slaughter, I feel like the exact way of killing is, in the grand scheme of things, somewhat inconsequential at the end of the day. These animals of which our modern generations consume far more than our ancestors had thoroughly crappy lives to enable the broad population to afford those vast amounts of meat that someone somewhere groomed us were the way to go. Yet the primary concern seems to be about the final 30 or so seconds and how to..."humanely"....uhm....kill them in extraordinary masses? I find the notion of ... humane killing after a thoroughly crappy life a bit weird. Not that it limits me from going full gluttony mode on meat myself, but it simply is weird to put utmost importance on the ....humane....killing method and ignore the months before that.

I haven't died yet myself, not sending this message from the afterworld, but I'd imagine Lambedy would rather have a decent six months and a crappy death than a really crappy six months and a ...well...humane death. Ideally a decent six months and a ....well.....humane...death.

When questions are asked about actually raising living standards of the animals, which would create higher prices, to something.....more humane....that's somewhat less keenly discussed and demanded. Regarding this aspect, halal/kosher encompasses more than the mere act of making the animal bleed out in its killing. It also encompasses treating the animal well in its life, so from that aspect the whole halal/kosher thing, outside of the pure slaughter, might mean a better life than is the case within the vast majority of the modern western meat industry. To what degree that's of course really done with modern commercial halal meat in our countries is a question that probably has to be asked.
Report Dr Crippen March 21, 2024 11:47 AM GMT
If people enjoy eating meat they'll defend or turn a blind eye to the suffering of the animal.

But to allow the method of slaughter to be dictated by a fairy tale, shows the kinds of people we’re dealing with.
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 21, 2024 12:04 PM GMT
But if that fairy tale says "give them a quick and painless death" it's still bad? Simply because it's a fairy tale.

Agree with edy, though not quite sure what "fixating the animal with violence" means. But any way around the slaughter of animals isn't gonna be pretty and the methods of stunning them don't seem altogether humane when you lift the veil.

Would love to know if doc et al can pinpoint how it's more cruel, rather than just displaying their usual hatred of minorities.
Report casemoney March 21, 2024 8:09 PM GMT
Some fine Videos available of the Barbaric Killings Edy have a search on You Tube 

If you are Going to Die , would you prefer a Bullet to the Head , or being strung up by your Feet and drained of Blood

All be it with the Latter some Lunatic will be reciting Prayers at some Stage ,All so lovely and Holy
Report edy March 22, 2024 1:24 AM GMT
Read my post again if that's your reply to mine, casemoney. I specifically said that I deem the non-stun slaughter more brutal and also which way I'd prefer to die if I was a little cute Lambedy.
Report dustybin March 22, 2024 6:47 AM GMT
It’s just synonymous with the whole assertions that god wants this or that, dreamed up by ancient men without any justifiable evidence.
It isn’t exclusive to Islam, but how many do you see owning dogs?
Very rare, there are some but only a small % there’s a number of reasons, one being some believe angel Gabriel refused to enter Mohammed’s home because there was a dog inside.

I’m suspicious of all ancient assertions, sacrifice is another nonsense that’s widely believed and present in the OT making god look barbaric and wanting to smell the burning flesh of required offerings and to have the blood swilled on the altar….all very questionable practices in enlightened times.
That’s before you get ordered which animals you can and can’t eat on which days, it’s the personification of superstition.
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 22, 2024 7:11 AM GMT
How many do you see owning dogs?

Ladies and gentlemen, that closes the case for the prosection.

ffsLaugh
Report dustybin March 22, 2024 8:00 AM GMT
Pop yet again showing how little he knows about owt.
The Prophet said, "Whoever keeps a (pet) dog which is neither a watch dog nor a hunting dog, will get a daily deduction of two Qirat from his good deeds."

Animal welfare doesn’t rank particularly highly in religious minds.
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 22, 2024 8:03 AM GMT
Laugh
Report impossible123 March 22, 2024 3:37 PM GMT
I hope the same applies to the practitioners of this inhume methodology of slaughtering a live animal. This is only enhances stress and pain on the animal. I think this is unnecessary and barbaric in this modern world.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com