Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
yak hunt
05 Feb 24 16:33
| Topic/replies: 839 | Blogger: yak hunt's blog
https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/politics/market/1.224220834

Very interesting. George Galloway and his Workers Party of Britain represented here.
Pause Switch to Standard View Rochdale by election 29th February
Show More
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- February 15, 2024 12:01 PM GMT
They've re ordered the market

But havnt added any new runners...
Report lfc1971 February 15, 2024 12:14 PM GMT
Looks like antisemitism within the Labour Party
and it’s members and it’s voters will lead to its downfall nationally
Report PorcupineorPineapple February 15, 2024 1:55 PM GMT
good grief
Report Slicer February 15, 2024 2:00 PM GMT
Exactly what I say when I see the state of the UK today! Those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it!
Report PorcupineorPineapple February 15, 2024 2:02 PM GMT
Depends on if you are actually learning from history or just what another's person's interpretation of it to gull you into following their narrative.
Report Slicer February 15, 2024 2:06 PM GMT
Not sure one can interpret WW2, The Nazis, The Holocaust etc
Report PorcupineorPineapple February 15, 2024 2:08 PM GMT
Well it is when you conflate it with something different and come to "interesting" conclusions.
Report PorcupineorPineapple February 15, 2024 2:11 PM GMT
As an aside, a yougov poll released today states that 66% of the public want a ceasefire in Gaza. The number of people who think Israel's attack on Gaza was justified has dropped five points to just 24%.

That's a lot of muslims innit? Of course it's only muslims and jew-haters who think Israel have done wrong and call for a ceasefire. If my mum thinks it's gone too far and they should stop the slaughter, what she really thinks is that Hitler was right and we need a new final solution.

Because idiots.
Report PorcupineorPineapple February 15, 2024 2:12 PM GMT
66% of people are scum and pro-terrorists maybe.
Report Slicer February 15, 2024 2:14 PM GMT
Not conflating it with anything else. Listen to the phone ins. Many Jews are s**t scared. Antisemitism is at a record high. Jews are frightened to display religious emblems. Is that how it should be?
Report Slicer February 15, 2024 2:22 PM GMT
PP- I gave your intellect greater respect than that. Perhaps Israel should have done nothing & let Ham Arse wipe it off the face of the earth. Israel knows it can't win whatever it does. Golda Meir once said " We can be dead and pitied, or alive & hated!" It's very convenient for some not to be able to distinguish between Jews & Israelis. With respect, this debate is now distracting me from making profits on the dogs & horses so I'm giving it a rest. Discussing politics  is not my reason for being here so I'll wish you good luck for the time being.
Report PorcupineorPineapple February 15, 2024 2:23 PM GMT
Well, a couple of things. Phone ins as evidence? Wowzers, great to see you've really interrogated the data here.

Secondly, anti-semitism is doubtless on the rise. Have you checked out the similar rise in islamophobia? Or do you just not care? Let me guess.

Thirdly, you're assuming antisemitism is simply caused by muslims. You might want to pay some attention to what white right wingers have been doing the last few years and continue to do.

Yes, there is a lot of anger at Israel and there are undoubtedly idiots out there who see Jewish people and Israel as the same thing, but you've got one and a half eye closed if you think that's all there is to it.

I'll have a look for a more recent study but I've found this: https://d3nkl3psvxxpe9.cloudfront.net/documents/CAAResults_180907_Antisemitism_website.pdf

Notable how the anti-jewish views (chase money, less loyal etc) are higher among both conservative and leave voters than their opponents.
Report lfc1971 February 15, 2024 2:43 PM GMT
Slicer

I know it appeals to the Muslim vote , and their fellow travellers within the Labour Party

I was referring to all antisemitism , and that is what will destroy the party ,,
Report lfc1971 February 15, 2024 2:46 PM GMT
The Labour Party is in greater danger than it has ever been at any time in its history
Report Slicer February 15, 2024 5:07 PM GMT
Antisemitism will NOT destroy the party. It has greater appeal to certain members of society. Starmer is useless,can't control his MPs. Just watch the Rochdale result.  It's Gaza George as he likes to be known or Azhar, I say I'm sorry, but I'm not, Ali who'll be elected. Neither are likely to be marching against antisemitism. Starmer can throw out MPs who  have already mooted a breakaway party. Guess their policies!
Report lfc1971 February 15, 2024 5:23 PM GMT
slicer you may be right ,, that’s an indictment of the Labour Party and those who at members and vote for them
Report lfc1971 February 15, 2024 5:24 PM GMT
Because these will destroy this beautiful country , given the chance
Report Slicer February 15, 2024 5:31 PM GMT
Mr 1971, your opinion is appreciated!
Report lfc1971 February 15, 2024 5:33 PM GMT
Thank you Dr Slicer , that makes a change Grin
Report Slicer February 15, 2024 5:37 PM GMT
Maybe for others, but I note we agree on many things. I'm off for some tiffin of Bolly thru a straw  & salmon en croute as I've had a good day on here. Good luck & have a good evening.
Report lfc1971 February 15, 2024 5:40 PM GMT
A nice change Happy
Report lfc1971 February 15, 2024 5:40 PM GMT
Thanks slicer ,enjoy ..
Report casemoney February 15, 2024 7:23 PM GMT
Rochdale police incident LIVE: Homes evacuated after 'rifles and grenades' found - updates
Streets are being evacuated with Ashfield Road and New Barn Lane in Rochdale shut off by police
Report impossible123 February 15, 2024 10:12 PM GMT
Mr Ali is voting for himself not UK plc. His kind will never appreciate the UK, just benefits and peace. But, they will never accept or call UK their home; the UK is only a "home" to facilitate their economic life or wealth.

I firmly believe if anything truly bad happens to the UK eg Covid 2 or UK at war Mr Ali and his friends will depart UK in a jiffy just like they did in Covid 1.
Report moisok February 15, 2024 10:14 PM GMT
TB on the rise  -up 11 percent
Report impossible123 February 15, 2024 10:43 PM GMT
It does not surprise me if TB is on the rise. TB is in the throat or lungs is infectious and can be spread to other people they spend time with every day esp when these people live in clusters.

If memory serves young children 7 or under were advised to vaccinate against polio (I think it was polio) as cases were found in certain parts of London.
Report PorcupineorPineapple February 16, 2024 8:05 AM GMT
Labour win 2 by-elections.

Read my Telegraph column to discover why this is terrible news for Starmer.
Report gooroo February 16, 2024 8:10 AM GMT
Looks like the Kneeling Turd is going to be next up,just in time for a good percentage of the pension and derivative losses to be outed.Suppose as long as he brings in internet IDs his job will be done.
Report moisok February 16, 2024 1:06 PM GMT
Labour party is slowly being infiltrated.  As more land here daily.
Report impossible123 February 16, 2024 4:10 PM GMT
Another 6 in the back of the lorry in Newhaven port. Maybe a straight swap for those already here but repeatedly bad-mouthing the UK for lack of benefits, welfare, housing, etc.
Report keyboard_line February 25, 2024 9:35 PM GMT
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-68375450
Report Escapee February 26, 2024 12:45 AM GMT
another sign of the crazy politics that is the 2020's... All 3 of the top contenders have been ejected from the labour party & two of them have been labour MP's.Crazy

Laugh
Report Escapee February 26, 2024 12:51 AM GMT
"Another twist, in an already tortuous by-election comes courtesy of the Green Party, which disowned its candidate Guy Otten over old social media posts about the Muslim faith and the conflict in Gaza.

The Greens are now campaigning for independent candidate Mark Coleman, a retired vicar and Just Stop Oil activist who has previously been jailed for non-violent direct action."

That's 4 ejectee's Laugh

Anyone heard of the "salon refuse" (an art gallery in paris for paintings considered not up to standard by the art establishment)

Looks like their setting one up in Rochdale for rubbish politiciansLaugh
Report keyboard_line February 28, 2024 1:04 AM GMT
I dont know what happens market wise if an unlisted candidate wins
Report cryoftruth February 29, 2024 5:04 AM GMT
The Labour Party is in greater danger than it has ever been at any time in its history

Incredible bilge.

It is the Tory Party that is at existential risk.
People are sick of the sleaze and corruption of the Hooray Henries with their belief that there are laws for the plebs but none for the stinking Hooray Henries, the Partygate Party of Dags the imbecile who took only a few days to trash our economy before blaming “deep state” for her disastrous attack on us.
And of course the right wing nutters and racist bigots in the Tory Party are so sick of the attempts of Sunak to clean up the Tory shyttt that they are off to join posh boy Farage in his campaign to get his loot into a posh bank.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- February 29, 2024 8:29 PM GMT
Labour favourite, and they don't have a candidate.

Polls must be strong.
Report impossible123 February 29, 2024 11:23 PM GMT
A disappointing result for Labour I think. The Workers Party is long odds-on to win here. Even their deselected candidate could not win as an Independent under the banner of Labour. Islamophobia and Islamist candidate to blame?

The locals seemed to have voted for a candidate advocating a resolution to the conflict in Gaza.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- February 29, 2024 11:32 PM GMT
George 1/4, been down to 1/5

Must be impossible to poll, so taking
early vote bundles?

Or guess work.
Report Jack Bauer "24" February 29, 2024 11:38 PM GMT
Galloway camp think they have won comfortably, apparently.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- February 29, 2024 11:43 PM GMT
Postal votes may be known too.
Report Escapee March 1, 2024 1:01 AM GMT
Reform candidate on live BBC Interview "Postal votes up from 14,000 to 23,000 in just 4 years, (bbc interviewer gasps a surprised really? off screen) what does that tell you? (in a very cynical tone)"

Turn out is 39% so postal votes are going to be a huge % of that.

Hmmm....I think a massive postal vote increase is a Galloway signature move.
Report EvgenyKissin March 1, 2024 3:16 AM GMT
Another by-election victory for GG with a brilliant show by David Tully. As GG mentioned in his victory speech, it may be the first time that neither of the two main parties have occupied the top two places in an election result.
Report Escapee March 1, 2024 8:46 AM GMT
Azhar Ali (on the ballot as a Labour candidate) - 2,402
Mark Coleman (Independent) - 455
Simon Danczuk (Reform UK) - 1,968
Iain Donaldson (Liberal Democrats) - 2,164
Paul Ellison (Conservative) - 3,731
George Galloway (Workers Party of Britain) - 12,335
Michael Howarth (Independent) - 246
William Howarth (Independent) - 523
Guy Otten (on the ballot as a Green candidate) - 436
Ravin Rodent Subortna (Monster Raving Loony Party) - 209
David Anthony Tully (Independent) - 6,638

Circa 31,000 votes, of which 23,000 were postal votes ( 2019 47,400 votes, of which 14,000 were postal)

Seems if you want to win a by election from the established parties, then gaming the postal vote system is the key.
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 1, 2024 9:13 AM GMT
How do you game the postal vote?
Report yak hunt March 1, 2024 9:30 AM GMT
Astonishing share of the vote from the the independent candidate David Tully, well done to him and his team for a great effort.
Report dustybin March 1, 2024 10:00 AM GMT
Pop
Apparently women get their names applied for without ever seeing the paper
And allegations people follow the postman and turn up at the door wanting them returned straight away and use intimidation (it’s a hybrid of the Amazon order tactic)- I’m less convinced that happens but I’m prepared to be proven wrong.

What we do know is that there was the posting of blatant racism toward the Reform candidate with threats.

On this issue of Galloway in office, it will be interesting to see how he reacts to the Rochdale Police statement who said they endeavour to track down all perps of the grooming gangs that remain free….that is if he remains around long enough which is a major doubt.
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 1, 2024 10:21 AM GMT
For someone not wanting to waste time on me, must say I'm surprised to see your second post of the morning aimed directly at me.
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 1, 2024 10:22 AM GMT
apparently and allegations are carrying a huge amount in your post there.
Report dustybin March 1, 2024 10:44 AM GMT
Well I’ve seen the footage of the threats there’s no allegation there.

What’s amusing to me is how it’s finally dawning on all sides the extent of the problem we have, and all people seem to be wanting the same thing but for different reasons.

The tories are getting annoyed at the lack of conservatism, and the leftist are annoyed at the apparent enabling of Labour, and everyone else see the damage imposed on the political system by those labour seem to have been trying to get their block votes of.

All across Europe similar things are now happening, the Scandinavian project collapsed, Germany are muting the expulsion of immigrants, Netherlands and Italy have early far right election victories, Macron has just failed in applying LePen and now Britain has seen domestic elections based on foreign issues (followed by unique events in Parliament the other week based on threats)
Report dustybin March 1, 2024 10:45 AM GMT
*apposing LePen
Report Manoleeds March 1, 2024 10:57 AM GMT
If you vote in person, you have to show ID . If you request a postal vote, the form will drop through your letter box. Seems obvious to me that someone can take your form and vote as they want and intimidate you into not complaining. When I was a lad you had to have a genuine reason for needing a postal vote e.g in care home ,in the forces , often working away from home . Needs tightening up imo.
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 1, 2024 10:59 AM GMT
(has a quick check of opinion polls, then looks again at how many people are annoyed at Labour)
Report dustybin March 1, 2024 11:03 AM GMT
It’s only just coming to light the extent of the problem

There’s no doubt that Labour win the next election, but there’s going to be such infighting and opposition for what they are setting out.

When Galloway and Rees Mogg start agreeing on things then you have guaranteed turmoil ahead.
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 1, 2024 11:07 AM GMT
There's always been the horseshoe. Galloway was supported by Nick Griffin, he's a big fan of Putin and spent a lot of time with Bannon. The idea of him being of the left, in the same way as Corbyn for example is for the birds. He's the ultimate populist and will bend to whoever's offering the most money or chance to promote himself.
Report dustybin March 1, 2024 11:10 AM GMT
The problem here however is that they both agree at the extent of the bomb under labour.
Already observed by the parliament calamity, now the implication of a turning vote they were attempting to appease by the suppression of free speech.
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 1, 2024 11:30 AM GMT
I think you're just projecting if I'm being honest.
Report Whisperingdeath March 1, 2024 11:47 AM GMT
I see the Liberal left wing meja Daily Mail had got this down to numbed 12 on their list of importance.

Meanwhile left wing lovvie  tv channel Gamon Brexit News is going apoplectic with rage as their Nonce candidate is anihilated. They are blaming postal voting just like Chump and are talking about immigration again insisting it is a huge election issue despite Galloway wiping the floor with them and they have just blamed the meja again!
Report Whisperingdeath March 1, 2024 12:34 PM GMT
Talk Tradh TV talking about the budget
Report Escapee March 1, 2024 1:50 PM GMT

How do you game the postal vote?

I'm not sure of the exact "how", but when the postal vote goes from 33% of votes cast to 75% of votes cast in just 4 years, with similar drastic rises in most of the elections Galloway fights ( and falls again when he move on )

I think it is fair to say Galloway games the postal vote like no other.

Report Whisperingdeath March 1, 2024 2:02 PM GMT
I see the locals who are mainly white elected the best man for the job and sent a strong signal to Westminster that your divide and rule racism and Islamophobia has no truck with the Great British people!
Report Whisperingdeath March 1, 2024 2:03 PM GMT
Tories smashed

Reform smashed

Labour smashed

Racism trashed!
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- March 1, 2024 2:04 PM GMT
That's postal votes applied for, innit, is there a figure for
received postal votes cast.

Tory ID checks to prevent voting seems to be
making folk want a postal vote to avoid the checks.

Ridiculous situation to fix a non-existent problem,
used to fix tory majority, back firing big time.

2nd guy not even listed by betfair, idiots.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- March 1, 2024 2:05 PM GMT
Racist won whispering, sadly.
Report dustybin March 1, 2024 2:05 PM GMT
What was the turn out something like 40%
With 30% Asian?

A strong suspicion the vast majority who voted were Asian.
Report casemoney March 1, 2024 3:12 PM GMT
Racism trashed! Laugh Its worth coming on here for the Fun Factor
Report casemoney March 1, 2024 3:15 PM GMT
Donnie the General Election will be a Minefield on here , The Rise of the Independents could be summat to behold 

People have had enough of the Tories and Labour the Whole GE could be thrown into total Chaos Laugh
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- March 1, 2024 3:33 PM GMT
Hopefully we get some action and indies case.

But the high turnout tends to dilute protest votes.

Mass population don't follow politics, ain't got a clue.

Give it 20 years...
Report lfc1971 March 1, 2024 5:46 PM GMT
2010,  officials report a flood of postal vote applications in marginal seats
Labour supporters stand accused of packing the electoral roll at the last minute
with relatives living overseas or simply inventing phantom voters
Officials in Tower Hamlets recurved 5,166 new registrations just before the April 20
deadline . In Bethnal Green it is feared the electoral register has been deliberately
stacked with fictitious names. One four bedroom flat in the area where 18 men were
apparently claiming a vote the students living there were baffled by many of the names
said to be residing with them
Report impossible123 March 1, 2024 5:51 PM GMT
I believe this was a protest vote. It can be repeated in a GE if the Labour Party does not call for a ceasefire or a ceasefire already operating in Gaza.

I think the Asians will vote for Gaza 1st and foremost before the Labour Party. I also think the next Labour Party candidate is most likely to be a Muslim given the composition of Asians in Rochdale.
Report impossible123 March 1, 2024 5:55 PM GMT
Indeed. In the past I'd come across council voting letters wanting to know the occupants of the property. Some letters with names of occupants that had never lived there - totally fictitious.
Report unitedbiscuits March 1, 2024 7:02 PM GMT
George Galloway looks like he should be in a band  - Madness.
Report Whisperingdeath March 1, 2024 7:49 PM GMT
Looks like he has little Ritchie on toast

I am embarrassed to be an Englishman wac!
Report nineteen points March 1, 2024 8:44 PM GMT
we are embarrassed your an englishman as well WD,or are you ?
Report DancingBraveTheBest March 1, 2024 11:39 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQA2X4yvK_g

Something to lighten the mood....meeeow
Report DancingBraveTheBest March 1, 2024 11:40 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVdYp2GDC-4

More seriousPlain
Report Escapee March 2, 2024 12:05 AM GMT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVdYp2GDC-4

More seriousPlain

He comes off very well in that (IMO), maybe it's the edit but the yanks all look like they wish they hadn't given him the chance to accuse his accusers with such on target sentences. (especially the last 2)

galloway's account of what occurred in his second meeting with hussain differ from the translated minutes of the meeting, held in the UK parliament archives (online)

Report Escapee March 2, 2024 12:07 AM GMT
*(especially the last 2)
not last 2 sentences, last 2 senators on video... proper squirming
Report Whisperingdeath March 2, 2024 8:25 AM GMT
Tories exposed for thd vile racists and destroyers of communities. People should by now know Labour are little better and need to use their vote. The two main parties need a kicking. Tickets on the Gravy Train must be cancelled
Report DancingBraveTheBest March 2, 2024 1:41 PM GMT
Totally agree with you there WDHappy
Report impossible123 March 2, 2024 6:37 PM GMT
Galloway and Corbyn and Abbott - these three gravy-trainer politicians - have milked the British political system for over 3 decades mouthing the same socialist diatribe without ever doing an honest day's work in their life. One has to give them credit for perfecting their methodology.
Report Escapee March 2, 2024 6:44 PM GMT
corbyn & abbott? what have I missed, is it moan about has beens month?
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 2, 2024 8:53 PM GMT
Jesus. Corbyn and Abbott gravy trainers. Imp really is living in an alternative universe.
Report rothko March 2, 2024 9:08 PM GMT
shock news galloway is a carpetbagger - when has that ever happened before?
Report cryoftruth March 3, 2024 8:08 AM GMT
The really very good thing about the Rochdale result is not that Gorgeous George won, although that he did speaks volumes for the decent people of Britain and their not finding Israeli genocide and war crimes in Oalestine acceptable.
The good thing is the utter thrashing of the odious Reform Party, which managed 6%. Excellent.
Report Whisperingdeath March 3, 2024 9:13 AM GMT
Reform UK

Ok that’s funny!

30p Lee sought.
Report moisok March 3, 2024 12:53 PM GMT
MORE SHOCK NEWS!!  Celtic losing
Report thegiggilo March 3, 2024 1:54 PM GMT
Lowkey
@Lowkey0nline
"Why the f**** was this c*** right there?"

An interesting way for a BBC employee to refer to a Rochdale constituent

https://twitter.com/Lowkey0nline/status/1764228193404190744

Typical BBC scum.
Report thegiggilo March 3, 2024 1:56 PM GMT
"I'm going to have to f**king barge people out of the way."

"That's fine."

"Someone's recording, uh hellooo"

Little weasels..
Report Escapee March 3, 2024 2:10 PM GMT
Crikey someone has hijacked giggi's account and gone all snowflake over some BBC cameraman using a swear word at 3 O'clock in the morning when someone ruins his shot.

Who ever you are, hand the account back to giggi and go treat yourself to a vegan oat milk latte and do some yoga to rebalance your chakra.
Report thegiggilo March 3, 2024 2:19 PM GMT
The BBC are scum,talking about someone who obviousky wasn't a tory or labour person,always looking fir propagada to distort the truth middle class ****s.
Report Escapee March 3, 2024 2:42 PM GMT

The BBC are scum,talking about someone who obviousky wasn't a tory or labour person,always looking fir propagada to distort the truth middle class ****s.

take a step back... how do you know who the cameraman was swearing at?

He was looking at his footage on the camera, pointing at his screen when he swore.

take another step back... getting upset or outraged at language used in a "not for broadcast" clip is very mary whitehouse of you, I thought you were generally against pandering to snowflakes? maybe I'm wrong about that and you think your right not to be offended trumps his right to use non etonian language.

Take a step back.... you used a swear word in your postLaughCrazy
You're guilty of your own accusations

Report Escapee March 3, 2024 2:56 PM GMT
You put forward the view that the BBC are all PC wokey, and then use evidence of a clip of a BBC employee effing & blindin, which is the opposite of PC and woke Laugh

Crazy
Report thegiggilo March 3, 2024 5:04 PM GMT
I haven't got a clue what you're on about,they are an establishment tool that spread propaganda..
Report impossible123 March 3, 2024 5:30 PM GMT
Mr Imran Khan's Party won the most seats in the recent Pakistan General Election. However, two political parties led by two rival brothers united post the General Election to deny a rival supported by Mr Khan and his Party to become Prime Minister.

Imagine the same scenario where the Islamists and extremists in the British political system get together post a General Election to deny a non-Islamist nor extremist Party member winning the most seats to become Prime Minister.

I think this is not an impossibility with Islamists and Extremists forming political parties in the UK.
Report moisok March 3, 2024 5:33 PM GMT
300/20,000
Report Escapee March 3, 2024 5:42 PM GMT
what is 300/20,000?
Report yak hunt March 3, 2024 5:52 PM GMT

Mar 3, 2024 -- 5:42PM, Escapee wrote:

what is 300/20,000?

I make it 0.015

Report Escapee March 3, 2024 5:53 PM GMT
Laugh
Report impossible123 March 3, 2024 10:20 PM GMT
I believe the Islamists and extremists will always make a pact with one another than with any established British Political Party to gain control and rule. This will happen when they have the numbers in Parliament. They are already doing it now on the streets and towns in the UK where the numbers are in their favour.
Report thegiggilo March 3, 2024 10:42 PM GMT
There are no extremists,the extremists are the UK parties using dog whistles for the gullible racists like yourselves,uneducated bilge.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com