Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Torquemada
12 May 22 22:06
| Topic/replies: 4,594 | Blogger: Torquemada's blog
Trick you into changing your original paper licence for a free plastic card type and then charge £21.50 every ten years. And it seems to be compulsory - you can’t say no thanks, I’ll just use my paper licence. What a scam!
Pause Switch to Standard View Photo driving licences are a scam
Show More
Report Torquemada May 12, 2022 10:08 PM BST
Don’t fall for it folks - just keep your paper licence if you have one.
Report Torquemada May 12, 2022 10:08 PM BST
It lasts until you’re 70.
Report Steve Voltage May 12, 2022 10:16 PM BST
£21.50 is the new 5p imo. Cost of living crisis my backside.
Report Aspro May 12, 2022 10:34 PM BST
50 million (approx) driving licences held in the UK. Over £100m per annum extra revenue or dare I say... tax!
Report DenzilPenberthy May 12, 2022 10:35 PM BST
Problem is you will soon need photo ID at the very least for almost everything especially banking related,I got mine a few years back only to retrieve money from 'bookmakers' and many oldies will be up the creek.
Report Pokermonster May 12, 2022 10:35 PM BST
I must admit that I was caught by this one.
Report DenzilPenberthy May 12, 2022 10:35 PM BST
If they haven't got a passport of course.
Report Pokermonster May 12, 2022 10:37 PM BST
Here’s a question for those in the know…

If one updates their driving licence to a new address (which is free) does the new licence last for another ten years, or just until the original term expires?
Report Aspro May 12, 2022 10:38 PM BST
I don't know PM but I would assume it would continue until its original expiry
Report Pokermonster May 12, 2022 10:39 PM BST
Thanks, Asp.
Report Pokermonster May 12, 2022 10:49 PM BST
I was late renewing my photo licence one year when abroad. Returned home to find threats of £1,000 fines and such like. As the OP said, it is a scam really considering my original paper licence should be valid until seventy.
Report impossible123 May 12, 2022 11:08 PM BST
I was over 3 years late. No penalty, just pleaded ignorance which was true. Then a change of address - no charge. I think the photo-card has the convenience as an id. Does an OAP has to pay to renew after 10 years?
Report Pokermonster May 13, 2022 12:01 AM BST
It’s not so much the fee that annoys me, it’s the nuisance factor and a sense of being mugged off.
Report clouded leopard May 13, 2022 11:19 AM BST
Just a sense PM ? Laugh

Constant gouging/grifting of a population under a cost of living crisis caused by TPTB yet again...

“If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.”

“I sincerely believe that banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies, and that the principle of spending money to be paid by posterity under the name of funding is but swindling futurity on a large scale.” –Thomas Jefferson to John Taylor, 1816.

I live in hope that one day people might wake up but it will only be when they are down to their last morsels and burning twenty pound notes on the fire to keep warm...

Question is ... what happens when they finally run out of others peoples money ?
It's coming
Report DenzilPenberthy May 13, 2022 11:21 AM BST
Good post ^^
Report politicspunter May 13, 2022 11:22 AM BST
Just you wait, you'll see Laugh
Report clouded leopard May 13, 2022 11:27 AM BST
Wait for what exactly ?

It's happening all around you at breakneck speed
Report politicspunter May 13, 2022 11:31 AM BST
Virtually everything you post is wait and see, I'm telling you, it's going to happen (sometime) Laugh
Report politicspunter May 13, 2022 11:33 AM BST
Here is a financial forecast of mine. Christmas cards will be cheaper in January than in December. Watch this space to see if I am correct.
Report DenzilPenberthy May 13, 2022 11:39 AM BST
polygraphpunter clueless as ever
Report clouded leopard May 13, 2022 11:42 AM BST
politicspunter
13 May 22 11:31
| Topic/replies: 38,543 | Blogger: politicspunter's blog
Virtually everything you post is wait and see, I'm telling you, it's going to happen (sometime) Laugh

Short memory punter

Along with less than a handful of others on here I told you in 2020 and 2021 that high inflation was en route and a bigger risk to people than some poxy techno sniffle.. to get into assets with that angle.... I also alluded to organised ongoing supply chain disruption, shortages and possible war ...

Some of us could see this power grab coming a way off...

You on the other hand have contributed hatred, discrimination,an inventory of your assets and premium bond advice to the forum so well done for that mate ...
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- May 13, 2022 11:47 AM BST
I've got a paper licence, as has mrs

Causes chaos at times, hey ho
Report politicspunter May 13, 2022 11:49 AM BST
The only person on here that failed to see the Bitcoin crash was Clouded Leopard.
Report politicspunter May 13, 2022 11:51 AM BST
Clouded Leopard, you have lost 60% of your assets in bitcoin in six months. You were warned repeatedly on here about gambling on such a volatile market, to no avail.
Report clouded leopard May 13, 2022 11:54 AM BST
Childish defence yet again

It's ok that you're not that bright.. just pick your fight wisely

Know your place
Report politicspunter May 13, 2022 11:56 AM BST
No fight, just facts. I had a £500 premium bond win last month and two £25 wins this month. Safe and solid in an uncertain financial climate.
Report DenzilPenberthy May 13, 2022 11:58 AM BST

May 13, 2022 -- 11:56AM, politicspunter wrote:

No fight, just facts. I had a £500 premium bond win last month and two £25 wins this month. Safe and solid in an uncertain financial climate.

Aftertiming again you can't help it.

Report clouded leopard May 13, 2022 11:59 AM BST
clouded leopard
24 Jun 21 13:42
| Topic/replies: 4,251 | Blogger: clouded leopard's blog
Is the FED/UN/WEF/IMF agenda a conspiracy theory Polly or did they just put that up all over their websites for the past few years for a bit of a laugh ?
Rate reply:
block user
clouded leopard

clouded leopard
24 Jun 21 13:43
| Topic/replies: 4,251 | Blogger: clouded leopard's blog
pay attention to FED policy

they want rampant inflation

its quite important in the whole context

hope you've got inflation protection or do I ?  Confused
Report clouded leopard May 13, 2022 12:00 PM BST
^ that's what it should look like Polly

spend your £500 wisely Laugh
Report politicspunter May 13, 2022 12:27 PM BST
And you should save what you have left of yours.
Report clouded leopard May 13, 2022 12:33 PM BST
Plenty in the tank.. plenty

been going diverse since 09/10/11... i'm in all kind of things for protection punter... not premium bonds tho Crazy

Sometimes it's best to just bow out sunshine... take it on the chin ... learn a lesson... ..

clouded leopard
01 May 21 11:13
| Topic/replies: 4,253 | Blogger: clouded leopard's blog
"inflation possibly hyper ( it's coming, hope everyone here has protected their life's work accordingly cos if you're in cash it'll be gone in the blink of a puffy covid eye and real estate may not help either"

Either way high inflation is what THEY are targetting. The FED has said so on many occasions in the last 12 months

Now they've been calling it around 2% for god knows how long which is utter bs

The way they report there is literally criminal ( changed the components for inflation reporting years back) and I talk about the FED because it is the biggest factor in all markets in todays world

It's been nearer 7%+ for necessities for years , maybe 10+

and they want more ? 15/20 % ?

please tell me how that will end for the poor end of the wedge ?

It's troubling

Inflation is pure theft . It's heinous

Some people know more than you do believe it or not  Laugh
Report clouded leopard May 13, 2022 12:40 PM BST
and more...

going back over old threads and reading punters comments .. just lol Grin

clouded leopard
13 Apr 21 17:38

furloughed layabouts won't be returning to work in droves

many jobs gone forever and millions more to follow

endless UBI to come as we make more and more redundant and untrained for new horizons

stagflation , inflation , hyperinflation , pop , probable war

these will be the better years of this decade imo

much more pain coming , it's inevitable
Report clouded leopard May 13, 2022 12:42 PM BST
politicspunter
13 May 22 11:31
| Topic/replies: 38,547 | Blogger: politicspunter's blog

Your post did not age well ... just about an hour

now FO you oily toad Cool
Report politicspunter May 13, 2022 12:49 PM BST
You were warned on here repeatedly not to gamble on things as volatile as Bitcoin. You didn't listen and have lost 60% of your assets in six months.
Report politicspunter May 13, 2022 12:50 PM BST
Btw, are you based in the USA?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com