Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lfc1971
08 May 22 19:31
| Topic/replies: 62,746 | Blogger: lfc1971's blog
And Stormont to be up and running again ?

Well it might be a long time , weeks or months or years ? …..

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 21  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 21 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 838
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 08 May 22 19:46
Oven ready deal

Get brexit done

Get Johnson gone
By:
saddo
When: 08 May 22 19:47
Are MPs working over there now? I seem to remember they were not, the last time I read anything.
By:
lfc1971
When: 08 May 22 19:53
The unionists downed tools a few weeks ago because the NI protocol is contrary to the good Friday agreement
Hopefully they will stay out until the EU takes on its responsibilities
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 08 May 22 20:07
The EU seem to have accepted the protocol
devised by Johnson to put a border in the Irish sea.

Not sure why they would want to rip up Johnsons oven
ready deal
By:
lapsy pa
When: 08 May 22 20:09
No,the unionists got caught by Johnsons lie there  will never be a border in the Irish Sea on his watch.

It doesn't matter how long it takes,it doesn't matter if the deputy 1st minister turns up or not,democracy is winning.
By:
lfc1971
When: 08 May 22 20:09
the EU didn’t understand the protocol
Although they signed it we have given them quite enough time to get up to speed
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 08 May 22 20:13
Lol eu understand there's a border in Irish sea

Planted by johnson's oven ready deal.
By:
lfc1971
When: 08 May 22 20:14
Nothing can happen in Stormont without the unionists lp
By:
lfc1971
When: 08 May 22 20:14
It’s in the gfa
By:
lfc1971
When: 08 May 22 20:15
CoolGrin
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 08 May 22 20:16
Johnson has ripped up gfa, a mere bagatelle
to a liar of his calibre
By:
lfc1971
When: 08 May 22 20:17
Nope , can’t be done
By:
lfc1971
When: 08 May 22 20:20
All governments including Stormont and the nationalists and Sinn Fein and the EU and the south of Ireland and maybe the US I don’t know
Have signed up to it
By:
lfc1971
When: 08 May 22 20:21
Technically Boris could rip it up of course
But no one else
By:
Wallflower
When: 08 May 22 21:06
rip it up.......   don't think he'd try it, but if he did -  replace it with what?  (I assume you realise that no border in Ireland is part of the gfa too).

So suggestions........??

Its all bluff anyway.... NI protocol is staying. EU might throw a crumb or two to allow UK/DUP to save face......  unless you have an enlightened suggestion that has eluded everyone else to date.
By:
lfc1971
When: 08 May 22 22:13
My suggestion would be to check anything going to the EU
( if the EU would like Britain to do this we will , and the EU can finance it
that’s fine
And no internal U.K. checks on goods between Britain and going to and from N Ireland
By:
mukdahan
When: 09 May 22 02:50
All posturing by the DUP if they had been the biggest party would have been at the gates of Stormont on Monday, what they are hoping for now is some movement on the protocol, which will get hard line TUV supporters back to them, they will then call on the government to hold another election to approve new moves on the protocol and are hoping then to be the biggest party again allowing them to re enter government
By:
lfc1971
When: 09 May 22 07:07
No they won’t . The aim is to get improvements to the NI protocol
By:
lapsy pa
When: 09 May 22 09:27
The EU gave all the improvements to the NIP to now.

It is working well,the economy is flying(source Ulster bank report BBC)

It is Boris Johnsons 'great deal'
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 09 May 22 09:45
Surely Sinn Fein would be delighted by this scenario. DUP standing in the way of progress, making themselves look like out of touch dinosaurs with each passing day. Meanwhile, NI is actually doing ok from the protocol in reality and Alliance and Sinn Fein are hoovering up the under-50 voters.

The clock to a referendum on a united Ireland is ticking ever faster. They must be chuffed.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 09 May 22 09:58
People on all sides worried about cost of living.There is a £300 million cost of living sum set aside to be doled out,that is pending on the dup taking up their seats after a democratic vote. The hard core with the no surrender guff will always be there but a majority want a functioning govt.
They rode roughshod over the majority wanting to stay in the EU,they cannot this time,the alternative is no NIP,a no deal,and at this point in time athat is a catastrophe for the UK as a whole.
By:
lfc1971
When: 09 May 22 10:06
People are mixing up the Irish Sea border with the protocol
The sea border introduces extra costs to businesses and these are costs paid by U.K. business
on its internal market .. that is a bad thing so stop trying to pretend it isn’t
By:
lfc1971
When: 09 May 22 10:08
Now if people in N Ireland are worried about the cost of living - and that responsibility lies with nationalists also
Then the problems and costs with the Irish Sea border have to be addressed
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 09 May 22 10:16
Johnson wants to spaff money away on a bridge and a tunnel.

Vote clown, get circud
By:
lapsy pa
When: 09 May 22 10:17
No, it was agreed,it was modified,2/3's of the people voted last Thursday in favour of the NIP,all that is happening now is the dup are saying we don't recognise those results unless we win,anti democracy.
By:
lfc1971
When: 09 May 22 10:24
Actually lapsy unionists won more seats than nationalists in the election
And all unionists are opposed to the Irish Sea border
By:
lfc1971
When: 09 May 22 10:27
Now the nationalists and republicans are going to have to realise it’s a shared parliament
And that the NI protocol must work with the consent of the unionists
By:
lapsy pa
When: 09 May 22 10:49
No Lfc,the vote for the protocol is in the majority,the alliance are pro protocol.The against vote amounts to roughly 40%.

You might google, 'the irish times,unionist heartland reacts,i feel sick she is running our country'

Despite the headline some very interesting points in it particulary in what seems the younger views.
By:
lfc1971
When: 09 May 22 11:04
No lapsy you are confusing the protocol with the Irish Sea border
Alliances position is that problems with the sea border have to be fixed
And as they are meant to be an alliance that means they should represent unionist as well as nationalist views
By:
lfc1971
When: 09 May 22 11:07
I’ll take a look at that newspaper article later
By:
MALAY
When: 09 May 22 15:36
The DUP not only voted for the NI protocol they celebrated it, Johnston may have lied to them over it in drunken meetings, but the UK government civil servants didn't it was on their web sites clearly stating what the deal meant,(i know this from business dealings and we looked at it closely) if the DUP had any people with brains they could have read this and challenged it before it was signed off.

The oven ready deal was a lie but from nobody apart from one man.

Personally I think the protocol has been a success and a money spinner for the North and majority of people believe this and I live here so I should know.

Did Johnston make a fool of the Unionists ? of course he did, and that is why they are raging and trying to blame sinn fein, the EU and Ireland, none of them ever voted for Brexit.
By:
lfc1971
When: 09 May 22 15:44
Read that article lp it’s interesting but the Irish Times journalist is reporting from Bangor
That’s not really the unionist heartland , well it is unionist but also its traditionally a prosperous middle class seaside town
It’s not DUP territory in that sense. Actually Silvia Hermon was the Westminster mp until fairly recently . She was married to
the former head of the RUC Sir John Hermon . She was Ulster Unionist ( and later I think independent )which was traditionally
the party that middle class unionists would give their vote
Like everywhere else , there can be an element of snobbery and class division in how people vote . Bangor can be like that too
The journalist from the Irish Times maybe didn’t understand the nuances in how and why people vote
By:
lfc1971
When: 09 May 22 15:46
Malay you like so many are mixing up the protocol with the Irish Sea border
The Irish Sea border can only be costly to business and to the people
It cannot be anything but .
By:
lfc1971
When: 09 May 22 15:47
Do you live there ..and you don’t know
By:
lfc1971
When: 09 May 22 15:48
* So you live there.. and you don’t know
By:
xmoneyx
When: 09 May 22 16:00
DUP meltdown

not going to seat stormont
By:
lfc1971
When: 09 May 22 16:11
The DUP results were pretty good , especially considering circumstances
They could take their seats in Stormont but not form a government
Or just not return until the sea border issue is resolved
By:
MALAY
When: 09 May 22 16:15
the protocol and what you refer to "irish sea border" I don't, are inextricably linked and part of the oven ready deal, which many wanted big ben to chime for in celebrations, and they signed up to.

The tories shafted the Ulster Unionists, deal with it, blame nobody but yourselves or Johnston.

I'm going for a pint in Derry now, 10 minutes from Donegal were I live, good luck.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 09 May 22 16:16
Slainte,have one for me Malay!
Page 1 of 21  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 21 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo