Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
pipedreamer
20 Apr 22 13:38
| Topic/replies: 686 | Blogger: pipedreamer's blog
ing a concience vote
Pause Switch to Standard View Is a free vote a secret vote ?.If not...
Show More
Report pipedreamer April 20, 2022 1:42 PM BST
Bloody internet!!,type something it dissappears.If it's not secret you can hardly expect mps to do themselves damage.Besides,a concience vote ?.I wonder how that's going to work in reality !!!!.
Report lfc1971 April 20, 2022 1:52 PM BST
MPs are not allowed to vote in secret
We have to keep a beady eye on what they do
Report Escapee April 20, 2022 2:03 PM BST
the tories are not going to allow a vote, they don't want to put themselves on record saying one law for rich and one law for the rest is the reality.

They don't want to be forced to publicly choose between their lying criminal leader and the values of fairness, honesty 'n integrity they are supposed to uphold.

there won't be a vote
Report lfc1971 April 20, 2022 2:03 PM BST
Good
Report akabula April 20, 2022 2:09 PM BST
It is good news if correct.
Enough of parliaments precious time has been wasted already on this nonsense.
Report pipedreamer April 20, 2022 2:10 PM BST
ifc1971,the vote should be secret.But we will be keeping a beady eye on them,BECAUSE THE RESULT OF THE VOTE WON'T BE KEPT SECRET WILL IT !!!!!.WHAT KIND OF LOGIC ARE YOU USING !!!.GOD MAN YOUR POST IS RIDICULOUS AND MAKES NO SENSE.
Report markzzz April 20, 2022 2:16 PM BST
pipedreamer, not sure what your post above means, but for info lfc1971 is correct.

All votes in parliament and all discussion in parliament must be open to public scrutiny. Parliament cannot be conducted in secret. How can you make MPs accountable to their constituency if they can hide what they are doing? That would be ludicrous.
Report akabula April 20, 2022 2:20 PM BST
I'm struggling to make sense of that too pipedreamer.
Did you word it wrongly?
Report markzzz April 20, 2022 2:21 PM BST
.... and by the way, voting in parliament is undertaken by MPs walking into specific areas on each side of the house (the division lobbies). Tellers count how many have gone into each area. Each party's whips keep a close eye on who goes in which lobby, and who goes through neither. It is therefore very apparent who has voted which way.
Report pipedreamer April 20, 2022 2:44 PM BST
Don't u get it,the vote is a secret ballot so that an MP can vote with his concience,without fear of retribution from his party whips.The result of the vote would be announced without anybody knowing who voted which way,GEDDIT.Or are you a bunch of wind-up merchants ?.If i need rubbish i can always listen to the News !!!.
Report markzzz April 20, 2022 2:48 PM BST
The only way to vote in parliament is by an open and clearly visible method. There is no mechanism for a secret vote. A secret vote can not take place.

If you can't understand that then feel free to have the last word. I have explained things adequately and clearly.
Report politicspunter April 20, 2022 2:53 PM BST
..unless of course it is electing a tory leader?
Report akabula April 20, 2022 2:56 PM BST
MPs get voted in by the public and the public are entitled to know how they voted on every issue.
Report pipedreamer April 20, 2022 2:56 PM BST
So how does a secret ballot work ?,you get a result and nobody has been bullied to vote one way or the other.
Report markzzz April 20, 2022 2:58 PM BST
There is no secret ballot in parliament - how plain can this be?
Report politicspunter April 20, 2022 3:03 PM BST

Apr 20, 2022 -- 2:58PM, markzzz wrote:

There is no secret ballot in parliament - how plain can this be?

Yes there is. It is used to elect the tory leader.

Report pipedreamer April 20, 2022 3:38 PM BST
You people are telling me how it is.I'm telling you HOW IT SHOULD BE !!!!.It would solve everything.Do you now know where i'm coming from ?.
Report northanlite April 20, 2022 3:44 PM BST
voting for the tory leader is a matter for the tory party not a paliamentary vote
Report metro john April 20, 2022 4:32 PM BST
I don't vote, sad to see so many lies in the news and the usual crowd carrying on regardless,
I know it's a show, surely most can see this?
Report metro john April 20, 2022 4:36 PM BST
Those idiots who went to Ukraine to fight were very much given the heroic farewell on the propoganda machine, now they are playing that down? The director changes direction once again.
Report politicspunter April 20, 2022 4:47 PM BST

Apr 20, 2022 -- 3:44PM, northanlite wrote:

voting for the tory leader is a matter for the tory party not a paliamentary vote

It's the Westminster tory MPs that vote in secret to select a leader.

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- April 20, 2022 5:18 PM BST
Tory mps vote in secret for a new leader.

So they can fiddle the outcome?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- April 20, 2022 5:20 PM BST
All ballots in general election UK, and
Council elections have a number on em to
identify the voter.

Avoids fraud.

Tories seem to like fraud at leadership elections.

No ID required either.
Report politicspunter April 20, 2022 5:20 PM BST
It is so that they can pledge loyalty to multiple candidates and promise that they will vote for them (but they don't).
Report northanlite April 20, 2022 5:30 PM BST
the tory party can arrange it however they want. the point is that parliamentary votes are
not secret so mp's voting records can be scrutinized.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- April 20, 2022 11:41 PM BST
Can defend their voting record at next election.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com