Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
13 Apr 22 12:16
| Topic/replies: 33,162 | Blogger: ----you-have-to-laugh---'s blog
Judge him on his record, eh?

Brexit, eh?

More cake Mr Johnson.
Pause Switch to Standard View World beating 7% inflation
Show More
Report politicspunter April 13, 2022 9:44 PM BST
Johnny, if you keep double spacing all your posts, you can't quote them Sad
Report A_T April 13, 2022 9:44 PM BST
that France figure can't be right - Johnny's told us governments can do nothing to control their country's inflation
Report A_T April 13, 2022 9:46 PM BST
the budget deficit for 21/22 was £183bn

that's bad isn't it after 12 years of tory government?
Report tobermory April 13, 2022 9:46 PM BST

Apr 13, 2022 -- 9:41PM, A_T wrote:

france inflation only 4.5% - maybe Mr Sunak could give Monsieur Macron a call for some advice?

He could advise him to build lots of nuclear power stations and be so dependent on other energy sources.

Report tobermory April 13, 2022 9:47 PM BST
*not be so dependent
Report sparrow April 13, 2022 9:48 PM BST
Tell all that to those on the breadline unable to pay their bills johnny.  The Government have a responsibility to the people of this country and a windfall tax on these excess profits will help people for the time being but you make no comment on that as if it had nothing to do with the government.
Report sparrow April 13, 2022 9:50 PM BST
Any Tory here care to comment on a windfall tax or are you all just going to avoid it?
Report A_T April 13, 2022 9:51 PM BST
He could advise him to build lots of nuclear power stations and be so dependent on other energy sources.

the tories have had 12 years to think about that
Report A_T April 13, 2022 9:53 PM BST
so what's the prediction then for the figure when the April fuel prices come into effect? better or worse than the EU?
Report tobermory April 13, 2022 9:55 PM BST
The Tories - and Labour- have had 30 years to think about it, since the mines were closed.

The French certainly look smarter that us on this issue, and smarter than the Germans too.
Report sparrow April 13, 2022 9:59 PM BST
Time to go I think, people on here not living in the real world and just sidestepping questions and refusing to consider solutions.
Report tobermory April 13, 2022 10:05 PM BST

Apr 13, 2022 -- 9:53PM, A_T wrote:

so what's the prediction then for the figure when the April fuel prices come into effect? better or worse than the EU?

The experts predicting 8.5%

Report peckerdunne April 13, 2022 10:05 PM BST
Johnny doesn't seem to understand the need to put money into the community to circulate in the community to pay more taxes in the community to circulate more money in the community.
Report peckerdunne April 13, 2022 10:07 PM BST
I think 9% is likely and more to come but I don't have the data obviously
Report casemoney April 13, 2022 10:18 PM BST
Would have thought It Was well above 10 %  Fuel Bills thru the Roof Petrol the same , Food prices rocketing , Whats go down to keep the Figure below 10 %
Report casemoney April 13, 2022 10:20 PM BST
better or worse than the EU?

Lot of the EU wont have Fuel to pay for in a Few months
Report tobermory April 13, 2022 10:26 PM BST
So to summarize this thread...

The EU, the US and the UK all have inflation of around 7 to 8.5%.

EU - caused by market dislocation of lockdowns and War in Ukraine.

USA - caused by market dislocation of lockdowns and war in Ukraine.

UK - caused by Brexit and Evil Tories.
Report casemoney April 13, 2022 10:27 PM BST
Laugh
Report A_T April 14, 2022 7:13 AM BST
So to summarize this thread...

very few want to talk about the available options to reduce the cost of fuel to the consumer
Report Stickywickets April 14, 2022 8:11 AM BST
Last time inflation was like this Volker had to raise interest rates to 20%
We are currently at 0.5%
Excruciating pain is on the way for billions of people
Report Stickywickets April 14, 2022 8:12 AM BST
Get ready to eat your pets
Report Tiger Tiger April 14, 2022 9:53 AM BST
Has donny had a nervous breakdown? Missing since last night, hope he's ok.

Starts a thread about world beating inflation and when its pointed out to him that many countries have indeed got higher inflation than the UK, he implodes and takes off on all sorts of tangents.

Take a break from the forum donny before you totally implode. You know it makes sense.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- April 14, 2022 11:07 AM BST
You, tiger quote future figures elsewhere, and
don't allow for the 54% domestic fuel rises in April in our
next figures.

You really are a bit fick, innit.

As for your projecting your implosion, again,
onto the forum, don't worry, you'll get over
it once the lambs are silent again.
Report Tiger Tiger April 14, 2022 11:18 AM BST
Crazy

You really need time away from here.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- April 14, 2022 11:21 AM BST
More projection tiger, lol

Still, you will get over it one day, when you get
something right.

How's Bruno, lol, numpty.
Report Tiger Tiger April 14, 2022 11:23 AM BST
Crazy  You're just a self righteous loony.

Give yourself a break ffs, and everyone else a break from your self righteous rantings.

Have a nice day.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- April 14, 2022 11:26 AM BST
If all else fails blame me for the failings of your
fascist hero tories, lol

Numpty
Report shiny new shoes please April 16, 2022 2:15 PM BST
Adding insects to your diet is a whole new culinary experience.Cry
Report shiny new shoes please April 17, 2022 5:21 PM BST
expert warn ..mighty storm' comingExcitedLaugh
A wee bit late

Pitbull - Timber .. . Ke$ha
Report lapsy pa April 19, 2022 12:28 PM BST
For the lads who don't mind the guardian,'Britain could fall into recession this Summer says experts'

A recession is technically GDP dropping 2 quarters in a row,the article says that may not happen due to savers over the pandemic but it is touch and go.
Economist Thomas Pugh saying many will have to dip into savings and some will have to take debt on due to this inflation.

I expect a recession but thought it would be late in year, it mightn't be a recession at all but class  it as the new economic reality heavens forbid.
Report clouded leopard April 19, 2022 12:31 PM BST
Just watch Fed on rates

If they want a recession they'll signal

Anyone spot their urgency in curtailing inflation ? I can't

So far just jawbone and bluster
Report lapsy pa April 19, 2022 12:36 PM BST
Yes CL,the historic way to curb was raise the base rate,not really happening,people would know better than me but possibly because of their debt?
VAT Tax receipts etc on essential stuff like oil and petrol must be doing very well for exchequers and most stuff hit with inflation.
Report Cider April 19, 2022 12:46 PM BST
Taking the politics out of it lapsy, a 'recession' is just an abstract concept. All that matters is what is happening to you.

What really counts is the availability of financial crack cocaine, ie credit. Western economies are built on this, and rely on the availability of easily getting the next fix.

Central banks are signalling that they are going into withdrawal.
Report lapsy pa April 19, 2022 12:54 PM BST
Fair enough Cider,a much used quote is, it is a recession if it doesn't really affect you and a depression if it does.
I get the credit bit,i do think 'confidence/feel good' has a part in at least people putting their hand in pocket/purse, these fuel/heating rises are huge though,everything else suffering with them.
Report clouded leopard April 19, 2022 1:03 PM BST
We can only theorise lapsy but one thing is for sure - there are definitely people that know better than us Grin

Raising rates too quickly could damage risk assets and swiftly, as others have alluded to here, so they 'talk' 5/6/7 hikes etc but where's the actual action ?

They tried to raise before which caught up and they reversed... they don't have the tools of yesteryear imo so jawbone it is... for now

And all the while inflation rages, endlessly squeezing the man on the street...

Which let's not forget .. they initiated .. they got it.. and then lied through their teeth calling it 'transitory'.. but still the music plays on...

Rock and a hard place but something has to give.. surely
Report Cider April 19, 2022 1:05 PM BST
There is a lot of money sloshing about lapsy. I saved thousands, and I didn't get any handouts from the taxpayer via the gvnt.

Inflation is death by a thousand cuts. Nobody sees they money in their bank account eroding away. Most people in my experience have little idea about personal finance.

There isn't a lack of appetite generally for spending money from my observations. Of course, real world inflation does hit some people hard, the ones who have not given themselves any headroom, maxed out debt etc.
Report clouded leopard April 19, 2022 1:08 PM BST
07 Nov 2019

(Bloomberg Opinion) -- Federal Reserve Chairman Jerome Powell virtually promised last week to hold off on raising interest rates until faster inflation is not just a forecast, but a reality. With this dovish assurance, the Fed becomes less of a threat to the economic outlook – assuming he is able to keep that promise. With the Fed looking to stop cutting rates, the question naturally turns toward the timing of future increases. The logic for a rate hike is fairly simple. Rising risks to the outlook, predominantly slow global growth and trade policy uncertainty, drove the Fed’s dovish pivot this year. If those risks suddenly ease – for instance, the manufacturing downturn bottoms out soon – then the Fed should look to reverse course and pull rates back up as quickly as they went down.

Powell, however, quashed this idea. He made clear that only inflation “moving up or in danger of moving up significantly” would justify a rate hike. Powell is describing something more than simply inflation reverting to the 2% target. For emphasis, he added that the Fed is “strongly committed to achieving our 2% inflation objective on a symmetric basis.” To achieve the inflation objective on a symmetric basis means a willingness to accept some inflation target such that the average inflation rate is 2%. This contrasts with policy since the target was introduced in 2012. Since then, core inflation has averaged just 1.59%, including 1.67% in September. If that wasn’t enough, Powell also voiced concern about inflation expectations not rising. Vice Chairman Richard Clarida followed up on this idea, declaring inflation expectations at the “low end of a range I consider consistent with price stability.”
Report Cider April 19, 2022 1:10 PM BST
That's what this mammoth government intervention into the economy has done. Some people have benefited massively, and others have been punished hard. And it isn't as easy as saying the rich got richer and the poor got poorer. A lot of it was pure luck (or bad luck).
Report Cider April 19, 2022 1:13 PM BST
Well cl, this is blatantly the time to get rates up to a more realistic band. I suspect the policy makers in the west will nudge them up, but as I've said before, the will remain negative in real terms.
Report lapsy pa April 19, 2022 1:19 PM BST
That didn't age well CL^,i do remember very well inflation being described as transitory too even as short as six months though tbf Russia put the kiboosh on that.

Not rich and live modestly myself Cider,i did like to get away foreign a couple of times a year and hope to again resume that maybe later in the year. Car used to do a few things at once and watching the heating/leccy a bit which i wasn't. It is the 60% with less than a grand savings and rent mortgage this is going to really hurt,nothing can be really done imo for them.
Report clouded leopard April 19, 2022 1:21 PM BST
UBI awaits them lapsy
Report clouded leopard April 19, 2022 1:21 PM BST
and possibly a fair few of us at some point Laugh
Report clouded leopard April 19, 2022 1:22 PM BST
Like you Cider I think they are all mouth with very little trouser when it comes to rate rises

we shall see
Report Cider April 19, 2022 1:23 PM BST
There is upside for them in that there is no shortage of work. They may need to take a haircut.
Report peckerdunne April 19, 2022 1:26 PM BST
Yes the more technical measure is around disposable income.

So when the cream bun and coffee shops are empty you are in recession.

Which you are already entering and which will get worse before better.

As for the Fed, well they are totally incompetent.
Report Cider April 19, 2022 1:29 PM BST
The bookie shops were reportedly absolutely rammed for the GN, and the websites crashed from the increased traffic. It is obviously anecdotal but it doesn't suggest that the 'cost of living crisis' has hit the majority of the working class just yet.
Report Cider April 19, 2022 1:31 PM BST
In fact, it's an indication of what is underlying the rapid price increases, too much money sloshing about.
Report clouded leopard April 19, 2022 1:33 PM BST
Although during hard times you could understand how gambling, alcohol and drug intake can spike

One thing that surprised me so far is that the harder booze is one of the only mainstream purchases that has not gone up in price since this inflation started running ...

In fact it's actually cheaper in places
Report peckerdunne April 19, 2022 1:34 PM BST
Conversely folk get so desperate they resort to betting shops and scratch cards.
Report Cider April 19, 2022 1:37 PM BST
In general yes but GN is recreational, once a year stuff.
Report Stickywickets April 19, 2022 1:37 PM BST

Apr 19, 2022 -- 1:33PM, clouded leopard wrote:

Although during hard times you could understand how gambling, alcohol and drug intake can spikeOne thing that surprised me so far is that the harder booze is one of the only mainstream purchases that has not gone up in price since this inflation started running ...In fact it's actually cheaper in places

However, the differential between having a drink at home compared to in a pub is at an all time high

Report Cider April 19, 2022 1:39 PM BST
I feel the hype is way superseding the real world. The winter later this year however likely bites much harder.
Report Stickywickets April 19, 2022 1:40 PM BST
I buy all my booze when Tesco or Sainsburys have a 25% wine discount.
I'm almost blushing at the till with my thronging trolley, almostLaugh
Report Stickywickets April 19, 2022 1:42 PM BST

Apr 19, 2022 -- 1:40PM, Stickywickets wrote:

I buy all my booze when Tesco or Sainsburys have a 25% wine discount.I'm almost blushing at the till with my thronging trolley, almost

Even then I'm looking for the bottles on offer + 25%
ie £10/12 to £8 to £6

Report politicspunter April 19, 2022 1:43 PM BST

Apr 19, 2022 -- 1:33PM, clouded leopard wrote:

Although during hard times you could understand how gambling, alcohol and drug intake can spikeOne thing that surprised me so far is that the harder booze is one of the only mainstream purchases that has not gone up in price since this inflation started running ...In fact it's actually cheaper in places

I am teetotal, don't smoke or do drugs so most of that stuff doesn't affect me. I wouldn't say I had gambled more either. Concentrating mostly on politics means you normally just place bets as the events arrive whereas in horseracing/football etc, they are on the go all the time.

Report clouded leopard April 19, 2022 1:43 PM BST
lol SW

The disconnect is becoming ever more real

Had a home food delivery other week.. chicken I ordered wasn't in stock so they replaced it with a 1.8 kg organic free ranger.... = £20.03

First time I;ve paid that for a chicken - not a poultry increase that (sry)

Also caught out this morning at a funky organic shop.. paid £3.89 for a granary loaf ffs

Nearly time for learning how to bake bread Cool
Report Stickywickets April 19, 2022 1:48 PM BST

Apr 19, 2022 -- 1:43PM, clouded leopard wrote:

lol SWThe disconnect is becoming ever more realHad a home food delivery other week.. chicken I ordered wasn't in stock so they replaced it with a 1.8 kg organic free ranger.... = £20.03First time I;ve paid that for a chicken - not a poultry increase that (sry)Also caught out this morning at a funky organic shop.. paid £3.89 for a granary loaf ffs Nearly time for learning how to bake bread

Jesus wept, 20 nicker for a chuckSurprised
and 4 notes for a loaf of bread
I must admit, I often get a decent 'deluxe' loaf from Aldi for 20pLaugh

Report Stickywickets April 19, 2022 1:49 PM BST

Apr 19, 2022 -- 1:43PM, politicspunter wrote:

Apr 19, 2022 -- 1:33PM, clouded leopard wrote:Although during hard times you could understand how gambling, alcohol and drug intake can spikeOne thing that surprised me so far is that the harder booze is one of the only mainstream purchases that has not gone up in price since this inflation started running ...In fact it's actually cheaper in placesI am teetotal, don't smoke or do drugs so most of that stuff doesn't affect me. I wouldn't say I had gambled more either. Concentrating mostly on politics means you normally just place bets as the events arrive whereas in horseracing/football etc, they are on the go all the time.

What a surprise you don't drinkLaugh
My old man always told me, "never trust a man who doesn't drink"
Seems like he was right again!

Report Stickywickets April 19, 2022 1:53 PM BST
Got to be the most boring thing ever, not drinking alcohol
What do you drink with a meal??? Tap water?

Wine (or beer etc with some cuisines) brings food to life

Then a lovely single malt to finish the evening
Report shiny new shoes please April 20, 2022 1:10 PM BST
printed the tickets
No refunds
Enjoy the ride

Teachers' unions to demand inflation-matching pay increases
Report shiny new shoes please April 21, 2022 1:31 PM BST
recession BlushGrin

Fannie Mae,Goldman Sachs, Bank of America & Deutsche Bank

Bastille - Pompeii
Report casemoney April 21, 2022 1:58 PM BST
PP will drink  if he ain't Paying  , Freeloader mate
Report clouded leopard April 21, 2022 6:45 PM BST
Markets topping out again

Fed's Powell:

- Inflation is a global problem, I had the expectation that inflation would peak around this time

- I want to see actual progress on inflation coming down
Report clouded leopard April 21, 2022 6:45 PM BST
full
of
shyte
Report clouded leopard April 21, 2022 6:52 PM BST
How about inflation is 'now' a global problem since you created 40 % more dollars at the stroke of a pen a coupla years back you old toad

China makes pretty much everything these days and sells to everyone else

USA prints the dollar, creates inflation and exports that to everyone else, nice

The dollar is backed by nothing, not a single thing apart from military

That's it folks
Report shiny new shoes please April 27, 2022 6:12 PM BST
rents up another  14% Laugh this German model is comedy gold
Social disaster..
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- May 18, 2022 7:47 AM BST
9% as 2021 rate cap rise drops out, and replaced by 2022
rate cap rise.
Report lfc1971 May 18, 2022 8:04 AM BST
Does anyone know what causes inflation and why it is bad ?
Surely there is no such thing as inflation . If a loaf of bread costs £2 today
and yesterday it cost less that simply means the amount of money people have
to buy bread has changed .
I’m not sure there is any such thing as inflation , it’s just a number
Report lfc1971 May 18, 2022 8:09 AM BST
What is surprising is that we often refer back to high inflation in the 1970s
But actually people were wealthier than ever before in that period
It’s a number , and a meaningless one .
Report shiny new shoes please May 18, 2022 12:29 PM BST
Doris recommends food banks
UK inflation hits 40-year high of 9% and the rest Grin
Report lfc1971 May 18, 2022 4:26 PM BST
Ok here’s a few numbers , Hyperinflation in 1920s Germany :
Early 1922 - 160 German Marks were equivalent to One US Dollar

By Nov 1923 - One US Dollar =

4, 200 , 000 , 000 , 000  Marks

Ah , but did it , did it really . And People actually believe that
Use a little common sense - it’s complete nonsense
It has to be it cannot be anything else

ps I seem to recall a young Adolf quite happily frequenting the Beer Halls
in 1920s Munich

It’s all tripe .
Report Charlie May 18, 2022 6:07 PM BST

May 18, 2022 -- 8:04AM, lfc1971 wrote:

Does anyone know what causes inflation and why it is bad ?Surely there is no such thing as inflation . If a loaf of bread costs £2 today and yesterday it cost less that simply means the amount of money people have to buy bread has changed . I’m not sure there is any such thing as inflation , it’s just a number

What an absolutely moronic post from an absolutely moronic poster.

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- May 18, 2022 7:13 PM BST
Tories recreating thatchers 9% inflation whilst increasing
taxes to highest level in decades.

No wonder lfc bot went heywire
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- May 19, 2022 12:33 PM BST
Why has the UK got the worst inflation in the G7?

David Madden(Equiti Capital) - "It's a combination of factors... higher energy, food prices, transportation issues... & complications because of brexit"
Report Cardinal Scott May 19, 2022 1:11 PM BST
Some people are already having visions of urban unrest later this year, leading to rioting and possibly much worse than that. 
It's a very grim picture and those of you who were joyful at a No Deal Brexit need to examine your consciences.
Report Cardinal Scott May 19, 2022 1:12 PM BST
YOU'VE MADE US ALL POORER!
Report Stickywickets May 19, 2022 1:26 PM BST
You left wing loons are just incorrigible

Turkey's inflation is 70%. Is that Brexit too?

Poland    12.4
Greece    10.2
Bulgaria14.4
Moldova    27.1

Plenty more European countries in double figures also

US is already double digits
Japan is stuck in deflation which is worse
Germany at 7.5 isn't exactly getting away with it either
Report lfc1971 May 19, 2022 1:27 PM BST
You just need to work a little harder cardinal , cheers
Report Stickywickets May 19, 2022 1:30 PM BST

May 19, 2022 -- 1:27PM, lfc1971 wrote:

You just need to work a little harder cardinal , cheers

The Vatican literally has TRILLIONS of dollars in wealth, I'm sure they could help him out Wink

Report lfc1971 May 19, 2022 1:35 PM BST
Has anyone ever met a real poor person in Britain ?

I must admit I haven’t
Report Stickywickets May 19, 2022 1:37 PM BST
Poor people with £1000 mobile phones & 70 inch tvs
Able to spend 15 quid on a pack of cigs too
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- May 19, 2022 1:40 PM BST
You won't find many on your golf course lfc.

There are plenty around, many of them ex services
slipped through the net and just need a little
hand back up at the right time before catastrophic
homelessness kicks in.

Shame the half wits bury heads in the sand.
Report Cardinal Scott May 19, 2022 1:41 PM BST
I'm not a left wing loon, if I was I would have voted for Jezza in December in 2019

I DIDN'T!!!

I'm centre left, GIGANTIC DIFFERENCE!
Report lfc1971 May 19, 2022 2:17 PM BST
Cardinal Scott , if you are poor there is plenty of work
You shouldn’t blame Brexit

HANG YOUR HEAD IN SHAME !
Report Cardinal Scott May 19, 2022 2:45 PM BST
That is a lot of extrapolation there lfc

I'm very OK thank you, I'm thinking of others and I have a social conscience
Report Charlie May 19, 2022 3:37 PM BST
And as for the cost of the investigations those guilty should be made to cough up for them.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- May 19, 2022 7:42 PM BST
https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1526828273707130880?s=19

Makes Money Tree look like Nostradamus
Report shiny new shoes please May 23, 2022 7:12 PM BST
inflation running at 8.3% - SCSI.ExcitedLaugh more more more

Ke$ha - TiK ToK
Report casemoney June 1, 2022 12:50 AM BST
Looks Like the Germans have Joined us on 9 %  Donnie , BREXIT ?
Report casemoney June 1, 2022 1:10 AM BST
well looks Like Eire and the Rest of Europe are chasing hard on the Heels of the UK  , This Brexit  is a dreadful thing Sad
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 16, 2022 6:39 PM BST
Boe now expect inflation to hit 11 %, an upward revision.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 22, 2022 11:10 AM BST
9.1%

In a BBC-commissioned survey of more than 4,000 people, 82% said they thought their wages should increase to match the rising price of goods and services.
Report Johnny The Guesser June 22, 2022 12:23 PM BST
"Do you think you should receive a pay increase ?" ...Laugh
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 22, 2022 1:36 PM BST
Johnny not had a pay rise since he started on
his yts guessing scheme.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 22, 2022 2:23 PM BST
Peston

Inflation for British industry is at its highest level since records began in 1985 for the stuff producers buy (inputs) at 22.1% (!). For what they sell (output) the inflation rate is 15.7%, highest since 1977 (!)
Report lapsy pa June 22, 2022 2:30 PM BST
^ They are some figures!

Ok if it is a level playing field but the suspicion is they are going to be priced out in the future.
Report Johnny The Guesser June 22, 2022 2:36 PM BST
Adapt or die - the way of the world.
Report lapsy pa June 22, 2022 2:38 PM BST
JTG, you can adapt but you also have to keep to the standards of your market,that's the problem.
Report casemoney June 22, 2022 2:38 PM BST
Said its 9 % on the Radio  What news stream is Donnie using ?
Report casemoney June 22, 2022 2:41 PM BST
Eire 8.3 % and there are about 15 Euro Countries ahead of them

https://www.statista.com/statistics/225698/monthly-inflation-rate-in-eu-countries/

but lets Ignore all that LaughLaugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com