Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
peckerdunne
21 Feb 22 22:41
| Topic/replies: 41,248 | Blogger: peckerdunne's blog
Rivers of blood tomorrow.

Remember GDP has no correlation with stock prices(historically).

Don't exit the market just DCA

Do enter the market as low Caps will be massively undervalued.

Everything will be shorted like mad bar a few select stocks, use it to your advantage as it always turns.
Show More
Report shiny new shoes please May 16, 2022 4:44 PM BST
May 15, 2022 8:54 PM BST
digital euro within four years
Tick tock
Report shiny new shoes please May 16, 2022 4:51 PM BST
atlanticcouncil.org/cbdctracker/
Report shiny new shoes please May 19, 2022 5:01 PM BST
W ARK Innovation has down more than 56% thus far in 2022.Laugh

Ford and GM  down 38%,
S&P 500 down 18%
Dow Jones down 13%
Nasdaq Composite down 27%.

Utopia is here Grin
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- May 19, 2022 5:16 PM BST
Billionaire crypto investor Mike Novogratz has spoken up for the first time since Terra’s LUNA crashed to $0.

The Galaxy Digital CEO was one of the most ouspoken advocates of the project, even going as far as to get a LUNA tattoo on his left arm when its price hit $100.

That piece of body art has since been described as the “worst tattoo in history”, though Novogratz claims he won’t be getting rid of it.

“With hindsight things always look clearer,” he wrote in an open letter. “My tattoo will be a constant reminder that venture investing requires humility.”
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! May 19, 2022 5:23 PM BST
Does that mean its
NON CRPTYO
Devil
Report impossible123 May 19, 2022 5:26 PM BST
Cash is king, and stick to companies that generate loads of cash and profit. And, drop cryptos like a lead balloon - the hype is over; a spiral decline is already in motion. The final nail will be when individual government issues their own crypto.

Drip-feeding to manage risk and one's nerves.
Report sageform May 19, 2022 5:55 PM BST
Land and houses take some beating. In my lifetime Cotswold cottages that sold for £50 in 1948 are now worth a million. Granted they have been tarted up but it is still a spectacular rise. My dad bought our farm for £50 an acre and we sold for £3000 an acre 45 years later. Now worth £7000 an acre.
Report impossible123 May 19, 2022 7:26 PM BST
Indeed. One of the reasons foreigners and governments eg Singapore state investment fund buying up chique locations in London regardless knowing full well their value can only increase unless a world catastrophe eg world war 3 occurs in the interim. Look at the once frowned upon and avoided areas in London eg Hackney/Brixton/Walthamstow, etc. The price appreciation of real estate surpassed the majority in the country thanks to the development of Canary Wharf, 2012 Olympic and LDR.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- May 24, 2022 12:09 PM BST
NEWS: From June the Premium Bond prize fund rate will increase from 1% to 1.4%.

This is just less than the top easy access account at 1.5% and far less than top fixes.

So most with typical (median) luck even with the full £50,000 will on average still do better with those.

Martin Lewis
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! May 24, 2022 1:08 PM BST
Ive got just £10
Still waiting for the million pound prizeDevil
Though i had wun £50 once
Laugh
Report politicspunter May 24, 2022 1:28 PM BST

May 24, 2022 -- 12:09PM, ----you-have-to-laugh--- wrote:

NEWS: From June the Premium Bond prize fund rate will increase from 1% to 1.4%. This is just less than the top easy access account at 1.5% and far less than top fixes. So most with typical (median) luck even with the full £50,000 will on average still do better with those.Martin Lewis

Oh goodie Laugh

Report Cider May 24, 2022 1:46 PM BST
That will bring some comfort to those people losing 10% true value in their premium bond holdings over a year Grin
Report politicspunter May 24, 2022 1:48 PM BST
How is bitcoin doing?
Report Cider May 24, 2022 1:51 PM BST
don't know, don't care

my main 'tip' commodities are over 40% up since I posted on this thread.
Report Cider May 24, 2022 1:56 PM BST
PBs are okay for emergency fund, but should only be a small part of a long term portfolio in my view. Cash is a wasting asset, and will be for the foreseeable future.
Report Cider May 24, 2022 8:49 PM BST
Nasdaq 11,300 today, getting closer to my target price
Report peckerdunne June 8, 2022 8:48 PM BST
Over 12,000
Report peckerdunne June 8, 2022 8:52 PM BST
The algos and manipulation going on is obscene across markets but in particular the cannabis sector.

I've bought more Tilray at 4 bucks and very happy with that gift.

This will bounce like Zebedee on crack.Tilray

The volume has been good, more buyers than sellers but price down.

They will be punished.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 8, 2022 9:32 PM BST
Mrs got another win on premium bonds
3 in 9 months, 0.75% interest so far this year, 3 months to go.
Report politicspunter June 8, 2022 10:20 PM BST

Jun 8, 2022 -- 9:32PM, ----you-have-to-laugh--- wrote:

Mrs got another win on premium bonds3 in 9 months, 0.75% interest so far this year, 3 months to go.

It's a fix! Nowt for me this month Sad

Report shiny new shoes please June 8, 2022 10:41 PM BST
Granted Musk's demand for internal data on spam bots and fake accounts

Rita Coolidge - All Time High
Report Cider June 9, 2022 5:57 PM BST
TLRY

3.69 USD

−0.21 (5.38%)

Getting battered recently, are you doubling down pecker ?
Report Cider June 9, 2022 6:07 PM BST
Oh the recent replies weren't showing on the thread.

Over 12,000

Yes a bit of a bounce back. I'm pound cost averaging on a smallish scale, with plenty on the side. I fear we are likely to see lower lows this year.
Report peckerdunne June 9, 2022 6:24 PM BST
I absolutely am, with relish and confidence.
Report Cider June 9, 2022 6:36 PM BST
Why is the market dark on the stock? Has anything tangible changed ?
Report peckerdunne June 9, 2022 7:07 PM BST
It is utterly crazy situation.

I don't think folk are queuing up for Peloton right now, yet they are valued higher than practically the whole Cannabis market, truly insane that some Cannabis companies are now priced at less than their cash holding. WTf

Every day at the last he'll they pump and the the next day at opening they've dumped.

It's got beyond a joke now.

This borrowing of vast amount of shares on the futures market has to stop.

Also when the ETF goes down Tilray goes down and vice versa.

Clearly this is plain crooked and wrong, that one can destroy the other, irrespective of good sales etc.

If you see the last few days, today also, the volume is very healthy, so with so many buyers, how does the price continue to fall, it's a disgrace.

Clearly someone is accumulating at the bottom, shorting like crazy and buying back in.

I will continue to buy, I will never sell at a loss.

I am about 8 average just now and could end up with around 6,000 shares or so come mid terms!
Report peckerdunne June 9, 2022 8:55 PM BST
The 16 analysts offering 12-month price forecasts for Tilray Brands Inc have a median target of 7.13, with a high estimate of 23.00 and a low estimate of 2.60. The median estimate represents a +93.35% increase from the last price of 3.69.
Report impossible123 June 10, 2022 9:11 AM BST
SLP anyone? The company is cash laden and buying back stocks from 135p downward; PGM prices have recovered, and forecast is upward over the next 12 months.
Report clouded leopard June 10, 2022 1:39 PM BST
moar inflation....
Report Cider June 10, 2022 1:51 PM BST
No schit Grin

all these supposed experts are repeatedly beaten with a dose of common sense and ignoring the preferred narrative.
Report clouded leopard June 10, 2022 2:18 PM BST
is this the big one cider iyo ?

i'm watching yen closely.. this keeps on and people will finally catch on to monster currency debasement and buy 'all the things'
Report clouded leopard June 10, 2022 2:20 PM BST
and if oil to $150+ = societal unrest
Report Cider June 10, 2022 2:32 PM BST
When rising rates become real, and property tops out, would be most likely is my shout.
Report clouded leopard June 10, 2022 2:58 PM BST
tempting short term buy this level s n p 3930
Report clouded leopard June 10, 2022 2:58 PM BST
tight stops

off on holiday

enjoy the carnage
Report clouded leopard June 10, 2022 5:26 PM BST
gold flying against a strong buck

very interesting

s n p nearing crucial support area
Report clouded leopard June 10, 2022 5:29 PM BST
bitcoin thru big support now

wowo heating up everywhere
Report Cider June 10, 2022 6:46 PM BST
There was a truth talker on bloomberg just now, Ron Lagnado. Not a name I'm familiar with, but he's on the ball. Of course, quite amusing as obvioulsy it's not the narrative Bloomberg wants and the hosts were getting pretty uncomfortable Grin
Report dustybin June 12, 2022 8:47 AM BST
Not even in recession yet and future stagflation to come, we not close to the bottom.
I’ve been out of the markets since November
FTSE still way too high, productivity isn’t falling

But just look at the crypto false prophesy folding in half then half again….
Hope all those YouTube millionaires aren’t balls deep
Report dustybin June 12, 2022 8:48 AM BST
*productivity IS falling
Report politicspunter June 13, 2022 12:13 PM BST
Bitcoin price falls 23% in a week !
Report DancingBraveTheBest June 13, 2022 12:59 PM BST
The end is nighSad
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 13, 2022 1:08 PM BST
Buy petrol!
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 13, 2022 1:10 PM BST
Pound tanking $1.22...

Interest rates forecast to rise again, not
boosting it, due to dire growth figures.
Report Cider June 13, 2022 1:10 PM BST
You can buy an oil etc, so as good as. I told everyone to get into commodities.
Report Cider June 13, 2022 1:13 PM BST
Report peckerdunne June 13, 2022 1:22 PM BST
I'm sure 'Stuff' is being impacted by the cost of fuel.
Report politicspunter June 13, 2022 2:07 PM BST
Crypto Lender Celsius Stops Withdrawals, Fuels Market Slump

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-13/crypto-lender-celsius-freezes-withdrawals-fueling-market-rout

This looks heavy stuff Shocked
Report Cider June 13, 2022 2:14 PM BST
Looking good for the bears. Timber!!!
Report Cider June 13, 2022 2:15 PM BST
risk is off everything
Report Cider June 13, 2022 2:30 PM BST
getting quite exciting, please let it be today Grin
Report peckerdunne June 13, 2022 2:50 PM BST
Sub 11
Report Cider June 13, 2022 2:54 PM BST
Bloomberg spin 'lack of buyers'

Laugh
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! June 13, 2022 4:05 PM BST
Greggs have raised their prices again to £1.10 for a sausage roll
Shocked
Report politicspunter June 13, 2022 7:50 PM BST
Crypto markets reel as trading platforms suspend customer withdrawals

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/13/crypto-markets-reel-trading-suspend-customer-withdrawals-00039161

Crypto markets plummeted on Monday morning on news of troubles at another popular decentralized finance platform, dropping below $1 trillion in market capitalization for the first time since early 2021.

Celsius Network, a crypto lending business whose promise of eye-popping yields for retail consumers attracted a barrage of scrutiny from regulators, announced late Sunday night that it was halting withdrawals and crypto-for-crypto trading services for more than 2 million customers “due to extreme market conditions.”
With Celsius’s reported $11.8 billion of assets under pressure, the disruption accelerated a selloff in high-risk digital markets that were already reeling amid rising interest rates and a possible recession. Bitcoin, the most widely traded digital asset, has lost more than 17 percent of its value over the last 24 hours and is now trading below $23,000 — roughly a third of where it was valued in late fall.

With prices crashing, Binance — the world’s largest crypto marketplace — announced on Monday it was freezing Bitcoin withdrawals for technical reasons. Those services were resumed about three hours later.

Celsius’ problems are landing only a month after another popular DeFi protocol, TerraForm Labs, sustained tens of billions of dollars in losses following the collapse of its algorithmic stablecoin TerraUSD. Like Celsius, Terraform had attracted interest in its platform by offering token holders high-yield returns in exchange for staking their crypto in an online lending platform.

State and federal market regulators have targeted those business strategies as a potential violation of securities law. BlockFi, a New Jersey-based platform, reached a $100 million settlement with the Securities and Exchange Commission and 32 state agencies after it was accused of selling unlicensed investment products for about three years.

Celsius was hit with cease-and-desist orders by at least four state agencies over its lending platform last year and was reportedly being investigated by the SEC as well. In April, the company announced it would limit U.S. access to yield-generating lending products to accredited investors.

It’s unclear when Celsius will allow customers to withdraw their assets or resume trading. The company did not respond to a request for comment.

Over the weekend, Celsius CEO and Celsius Network CEO Alex Mashinsky had pushed back on an online critic who had tweeted that a “large number of retail folks look like they are soon to be rekt [sic].”

“Do you know even one person who has a problem withdrawing from Celsius?” Mashinsky tweeted.

The company announced it was halting withdrawals the following day.
Report Cider June 13, 2022 8:46 PM BST
daq sick

−537.77 (4.54%) today
Report A_T June 13, 2022 9:07 PM BST
Carnival trading lower the Covid crash. politicspunter they will be grateful for your business Grin
Report Cider June 13, 2022 9:09 PM BST
Daq close 10809, google has the wrong number for some reason.
Report politicspunter June 13, 2022 9:13 PM BST

Jun 13, 2022 -- 9:07PM, A_T wrote:

Carnival trading lower the Covid crash. politicspunter they will be grateful for your business

Are they really? Hope they don't go out of business before the end of October when our next cruise is booked for Laugh

Report shiny new shoes please June 14, 2022 11:55 AM BST
hundreds of millions of euro wiped from stock market valuations

A sharp slowdown in consumer spending  & the looming recession in Britain, usa & euroland   

surging inflation over 20%  Wink
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 14, 2022 4:14 PM BST
Pound hits $1.20
Report politicspunter June 15, 2022 10:40 AM BST
Bitcoin now down 33% in a week Shocked
Report politicspunter June 15, 2022 10:41 AM BST
and down 50% in a year Shocked
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 15, 2022 11:02 AM BST
I've not had so many crypto adverts these past
couple of months. The rampers must be out with their profit.
Report Cider June 15, 2022 4:06 PM BST
The ecb on form today:

Today the Governing Council met to exchange views on the current market situation. Since the gradual process of policy normalisation was initiated in December 2021, the Governing Council has pledged to act against resurgent fragmentation risks. The pandemic has left lasting vulnerabilities in the euro area economy which are indeed contributing to the uneven transmission of the normalisation of our monetary policy across jurisdictions.

Grin
Report Cider June 15, 2022 7:01 PM BST
.75 it is
Report Cider June 15, 2022 7:03 PM BST
they want 3.4% by the end of the calendar year Crazy
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 16, 2022 2:12 PM BST
UK interest rates up to 1.25

Boe voted 6-3 for 0.25% rise with
the 3 voting for 0.5%

Ftse down 2.6% as general world wide share sell
off continues

Pound up 1/2c v dollar at $1.2229
Report politicspunter June 16, 2022 2:15 PM BST
Bitcoin price stable today compared to the recent daily freefall.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 16, 2022 4:48 PM BST
The Dow Jones Industrial Average $DJIA falls over 700 points, falling below 30,000 hitting session lows, as stock losses accelerate amid renewed recession concerns.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 16, 2022 4:50 PM BST
Average interest rate for 2-year fixed term mortgage deal has risen from 2.34% at the beginning of December to 3.25% - Moneyfacts
Report SontaranStratagem June 16, 2022 5:58 PM BST
Its the elephent in the room but people want to know about where they can rent a temp air con because its hot Crazy

Prices going up and the flock just ignore the obvious or are burying their head in the sand Plain
Report SontaranStratagem June 16, 2022 6:03 PM BST
Oh and some are moaning about car park charges... you couldnt make it up

A forum on inflation and rising rates and theres 6 pages today of none stop parking charges... pathetic
Report SontaranStratagem June 16, 2022 6:03 PM BST
Its like people are being willfully ignorent eh
Report politicspunter June 16, 2022 6:09 PM BST
Would you employ this person?
Report shiny new shoes please June 16, 2022 6:09 PM BST
Kansas is gone bye bye Grin
Easy
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 16, 2022 6:27 PM BST
Johnson v. Musk, Case No. 22-cv-05037, SDNY (Manhattan).

Keith Johnson sued Musk and his companies, claiming they engaged in illegal racketeering to raise the price of $DOGE.

$258 billion claimed, lol,
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 16, 2022 6:28 PM BST
He seeks $86 billion in damages, plus $172 billion in triple damages, as well as an injunction barring Musk and the companies from marketing $DOGE and declaring that the $DOGE trade is illegal under US and New York law.
Report Cider June 16, 2022 8:28 PM BST
Time to start buying the dip Happy
Report A_T June 16, 2022 9:04 PM BST
would not surprise me at all to see the Nasdaq drop to pre-covid levels
Report Cider June 16, 2022 10:03 PM BST
hopefully so, but people waiting for the absolute bottom will probably be waiting a long time. these are now quite reasonable levels to start getting involved. Even ARKK for the long play Shocked
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 17, 2022 1:50 PM BST
Mortgage rates have increased by twice as much as the @bankofengland rise in base rate - The Times
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- June 18, 2022 11:28 AM BST
Crypto tanking on a Saturday, whatever next.
Report politicspunter June 18, 2022 8:12 PM BST
Alastair Meeks
@AlastairMeeks
·
3m
Has all hope gone from Bitcoin yet? Probably not.

Still, keep Bitcoin owners away from the Leonard Cohen records tonight.
Report politicspunter June 18, 2022 8:17 PM BST
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/06/18/bitcoin-price-drops-below-18600-as-sell-off-accelerates.html

Bitcoin drops below $18,300 as sell-off accelerates — here’s what happened
Report peckerdunne June 22, 2022 11:50 PM BST
Keeps falling, I wonder how leveraged it is.

Could have some big negative ripples.
Report dustybin June 23, 2022 10:09 AM BST
Statistically recession still around a year away, just under I think
FTSE still mighty high considering
I’m not buying owt till I see some serious shredding go on
Report Cider June 23, 2022 1:14 PM BST
cape on the 250 is very very low, and a good long bet I believe. obviously loads of domestic shenanigans going on, but I would not put anyone off long pound cost averaging, with yields improving due to depreciating valuations.

markets are very forward looking, so a recession is priced in. still scope for falling more, which is good.
Report dustybin June 23, 2022 2:26 PM BST
Tech stocks are a long way into the future but Im not convinced the others are.
You only need to look at the speculation regarding the severity of FED rate rises. It didnt take a genious to realise they were going to raise them yet it always comes down to the same week where the damage happens.

Or for that matter read what brokers make of the markets, they change their opinions more regular than their pants, from day to day they give their advice on what just happened, true charalatans.
Report dustybin June 23, 2022 2:54 PM BST
genius
Report Cider June 23, 2022 3:38 PM BST
oh yes I'm not interested in broker ratings, load of nonsense.

for me the market makers didn't expect the fed to handbrake turn so quickly, and go cold turkey, so it was a bit of a screech. the markets have been otherwise gearing up for a global recession since the turn of the year. there's short term trading and long term investing, buying the market is now good long term investing imv.

you could easily see them turning the printers back on.
Report peckerdunne June 23, 2022 5:22 PM BST
If next month's figures are down its a recession.

There will be more haircuts im pretty sure.

There will be no printing this year.
Report Cider June 23, 2022 6:02 PM BST
Not much has changed though, since I called this correction. Commodities is a risky place to be if you're not watching it hourly, so I'm quite happy to switch back to buying the broader market. I'm sticking with index linked government bonds as a portion of my holding, and pca.
Report xmoneyx June 29, 2022 5:08 PM BST
whats forced SELLING mean?
Report Cider June 30, 2022 4:25 PM BST
bit more risk off. looking good
Report politicspunter June 30, 2022 7:47 PM BST
Looks like Bitcoin took another tanking today.
Report shiny new shoes please July 1, 2022 12:14 PM BST
EU reaches agreement on crypto rules
harmonised market, legal certainty for crypto-asset issuers, guarantee a level playing field for service providers,ensure high standards for consumer protection Cry
Report politicspunter July 1, 2022 9:19 PM BST
Voyager Update July 1, 2022
Today, Voyager made the difficult but necessary decision to temporarily suspend trading, deposits, withdrawals, and loyalty rewards, effective at 2:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time on July 1.

Another crypto collapse.
Report xmoneyx July 2, 2022 12:33 AM BST
why does crypto move up & down drasticly if its a currency
Report shiny new shoes please July 2, 2022 6:05 PM BST
Are We Already In A Recession? Yes
Fed indicator negative territory, recession,two consecutive quarters of negative GDP growth.
40bn of European corporate bonds distressed
13trillion swallowed Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com