Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
27 Jan 22 08:37
| Topic/replies: 55,871 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
Jobseekers on Universal Credit will have to look for jobs outside their chosen field more quickly under government plans to get more people into work.

From Thursday, people will have to look outside their sectors after just four weeks, rather than three months, or face sanctions. Ministers want 500,000 jobseekers in work by the end of June.

Job vacancies hit a record high of 1.22 million between September and November. As part of the jobs push - called "Way to Work" - claimants will have to widen their job search outside their previous occupation or sector after four weeks, rather than three months.

A percentage of their benefits could be cut if they are deemed to not be making reasonable efforts to get a job, or if they turn down a job offer.
Pause Switch to Standard View Government crackdown on dole claimants
Show More
Report Stickywickets January 27, 2022 10:02 AM GMT
People have had enough of slave labour for tip money
Report rothko January 27, 2022 10:05 AM GMT
- perhaps next the old get on yer bike will be trotted out for the people in the north to exodus down to the vacancy swelled south east
Report thegiggilo January 27, 2022 10:05 AM GMT
Lots of people are leaving their jobs and going into higher education in their 30s/40s/50s-good..
Report Stickywickets January 27, 2022 10:05 AM GMT
Just look at the jobs, you have to be available for a significant period of hours per week, even though you aren't necessarily working
Report lapsy pa January 27, 2022 10:05 AM GMT
Thought the bozo said the economy is rocking,best in the galaxy?  Why target these claiments?,some could be a victim of the pandemic,hospitality workers etc,is it just to appease the swivel eyed loons?
Report Stickywickets January 27, 2022 10:07 AM GMT
You might only work 25 hours but you need to be available from 8am to 10pm 7 days a week as they are zero hours
Report Stickywickets January 27, 2022 10:07 AM GMT

Jan 27, 2022 -- 10:07AM, Stickywickets wrote:

You might only work 25 hours but you need to be available from 8am to 10pm 7 days a week as they are zero hours

Impossible for people with kids

Report rothko January 27, 2022 10:07 AM GMT
its a tory tactic of divide and rule

lets attack the most vulnerable to take focus away from whats happening elsewhere
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 27, 2022 10:08 AM GMT
Lapsy 10.05

Yes.
Report Dr Crippen January 27, 2022 10:08 AM GMT
lapsy pa, only single people living with their parents get that. Otherwise other costs are given out.
Report Stickywickets January 27, 2022 10:12 AM GMT
Not long ago a man could look after a family of 4 with just his full time contracted wage & live fairly comfortably
Report lapsy pa January 27, 2022 10:12 AM GMT
I imagine rent Dr C though not sure,and that would be capped ie you have to live in a less 'salubrious' area so to speak,would the 70+ quid be for your food internet heating travel clothing?
Report Stickywickets January 27, 2022 10:13 AM GMT
Heating is a fiver a day at the moment..at least
Report Dr Crippen January 27, 2022 10:13 AM GMT
If people are loath to take jobs when they are available, then they don't need to work in order to live.

That they're doing quite nicely on benefits seems the only conclusion.
Report rothko January 27, 2022 10:13 AM GMT
you mean that they get their housing costs paid for their **** accommodation paying extortionate rents to private landlords who are ripping off the taxpayer so their families dont have to sleep on the streets - how generous of such a wealthy nation
Report Stickywickets January 27, 2022 10:14 AM GMT

Jan 27, 2022 -- 10:13AM, Dr Crippen wrote:

If people are loath to take jobs when they are available, then they don't need to work in order to live.That they're doing quite nicely on benefits seems the only conclusion.

Those core people have been doing it for years, bound to be a percentage of unemployable folk

Report Stickywickets January 27, 2022 10:17 AM GMT

Jan 27, 2022 -- 10:13AM, Dr Crippen wrote:

If people are loath to take jobs when they are available, then they don't need to work in order to live.That they're doing quite nicely on benefits seems the only conclusion.

As I said a zero hour contract where you have to be available for a vast number of hours over a week is impossible if you have kids

Report rothko January 27, 2022 10:23 AM GMT
Dr Crippen • January 27, 2022 10:13 AM GMT
If people are loath to take jobs when they are available, then they don't need to work in order to live.

That they're doing quite nicely on benefits seems the only conclusion.

the only conclusion is that youve taken a complicated subject and boiled it down to all unemployed dont want to work as they are having a cushy life on benefits which is ridiculous

so all the vacancies in the country are perfectly ,matched to all the pockets of unemployment - ffs vacancies exist in parts of the country because poeple cant afford to live, work or travel there.
Report Dr Crippen January 27, 2022 10:30 AM GMT
Lol, at the comments.

And there's more:

Unemployment pay was intended to see people through periods when they're out of work.
It was never intended to be a permanent way of life.
But it became exactly that due to changes completely out of the control of workers.

Now those in work have to fund those who don't wish to work ever again. And in many instances people on benefits get on better than those who work.

No doubt many in retirement rue the day they ever paid into a private pension scheme. When they see all the benefits available to those who didn't, and in many cases didn't even work.

The government is trying to address this situation.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 27, 2022 10:38 AM GMT
The government is subsidising employers
who don't pay enough.

The are using tax payers money to pay the subsidies.

Folk with monets in tax free havens are regretting
not being in on more government gravy.

Attacking those underpaid is a tactic to get
the swivel eyed loons eating red meat and supporting
more government corruption.
Report rothko January 27, 2022 10:40 AM GMT
They are trying but failing
trying to treat all the unemployed as scroungers is just a tory ploy to distract attention from elsewhere and people are actually lapping it up as the solution
They tightened up on the ill health claimants and made a big play of all the ill health claimants, the tories lapped it up but it was only a fraction of the problem
Report thegiggilo January 27, 2022 10:41 AM GMT
Wait till all the long covid applicants come flooding in,there are going to be 10s of thousands maybe 100s of thousands,lets see what they do then..
Report rothko January 27, 2022 10:45 AM GMT
dont forget we are all in it together Laugh
Report Dr Crippen January 27, 2022 11:03 AM GMT
What benefit claimers fail to understand, is that it's not the government that funds their handouts.

It's people who go out to work every day who do that.

They're the suckers being taken for a ride by the benefit claimers and the government.
Report politicspunter January 27, 2022 12:15 PM GMT
There are at least two dole scavengers on here who haven't worked for years (SS and 19) who have no intention whatsoever of looking for a job. Should we as taxpayers continue to fund them forever?
Report SontaranStratagem January 27, 2022 12:18 PM GMT
So they’ve put millions out of work and now it’s sanctions

Yeah I don’t think so

Everything they’ve done... uhhhh I swear to god
Report SontaranStratagem January 27, 2022 12:21 PM GMT
They’ve told you all the virus wasn’t bad, they partied remember?

So all those forced out of work because of it?

Oh god it’s gonna be a long few weeks before the beast is released, I wanna go now ffs

6 weeks ffs
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 27, 2022 12:23 PM GMT
What tory corruption defenders fail to understand, is that it's not the government that funds their own handouts.

It's people who go out to work every day who do that.

They're the suckers being taken for a ride by the government.
Report SontaranStratagem January 27, 2022 12:26 PM GMT
The government forces people out of jobs and then sanctions them for being on their “handouts”

The rage coursing through the veins ffs

It’s gonna hurt trust me
Report SontaranStratagem January 27, 2022 12:30 PM GMT
It’s sickening and pathetic Plain
Report Escapee January 27, 2022 12:33 PM GMT
yhtl: The government is subsidising employers
who don't pay enough.

The are using tax payers money to pay the subsidies.

If a business can only survive if the wages are so low that it requires tax money
to keep the employee warm, fed, and housed....

then the business is a negative  drain on society and  should be outlawed in the same
Tay other negative drains on society are, such as hard drugs or parking your car in the
middle of the high street.

"Society" does not benefit from £4.25--£9/hour wages.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 27, 2022 12:39 PM GMT
They can survive, but its the extra profit
in their pocket, and channelled back in donations
to tory mps...
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 27, 2022 12:39 PM GMT
Ten companies received more than £1.1 billion in Government contracts during the Coronavirus pandemic while employing Conservative and Liberal Democrat MPs as advisors or non-executive directors,

Byline Times
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 27, 2022 12:40 PM GMT
Ten companies received more than £1.1 billion in Government contracts during the Coronavirus pandemic while employing Conservative and Liberal Democrat MPs as advisors or non-executive directors,

Byline Times
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 27, 2022 12:42 PM GMT
Former Conservative Leader and Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith received £20,000 annually until November 2021 for 30 hours of work a year as an advisory board member to healthcare digital healthcare giant Tunstall Healthcare. Between January 2020 and his departure, the company received £14 million in Government contracts.

Are these directorships advertised down the job centre

Or is it simple corruption?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 27, 2022 12:44 PM GMT
HR software and outscoring service MHR received £9.5 million between May 2021 and December 2021, while it was paying Conservative MP Ruth Edwards £5,000 a month for 16 hours of work.

Law firm Weightmans LLP received £2.5 million in Government contracts between January 2020 and January 2021, during which time backbench Conservative MP Robert Neill served as a consultant, earning £15,000 a year for six hours of work a month.

Sigma Pharmaceuticals, taxi company Veezu, and law firm Herbert Smith Freehills all received less than £1 million in Government contracts during the pandemic, while employing Conservative MPs Steve Brine and Alun Cairns and Liberal Democrat Leader Ed Davey as paid advisors.

Does Ian hislop have owt to say about these mps?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 27, 2022 12:46 PM GMT
The second-largest beneficiary was ‘big four’ accountancy firm Ernst & Young (EY), awarded £378.6 million in Government contracts between January 2020 and December 2021. During this period, the company was employing Conservative backbench MP and former chief whip Andrew Mitchell, who was paid £30,000 as a consultant in return for up to five days of work each year.

Allpay, a payment solution company, received £79.9 million in Government contracts. It employs backbench Conservative MP Bill Wiggin as a non-executive director, paying him £4,000 a year for only 10 hours of work.

Transport company Abellio (which is wholly owned by the Dutch Government) received £18 million for contracts, while employing former Cabinet Minister Damian Green as a consultant. Abellio paid the Conservative MP £40,000 for 24 hours of work a month
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 27, 2022 12:47 PM GMT
The total figure also includes £619 million in contracts awarded to the healthcare firm Randox since the start of 2020, formerly and controversially advised by ex-Conservative MP Owen Paterson.

Randox has insisted that Paterson had no role to play in these contracts, though the Government ‘lost’ the minutes of a meeting held between Paterson, Randox and then-Health Minister Lord James Bethell at the outset of the pandemic.

Benefits, eh, lol
Report Stickywickets January 27, 2022 12:57 PM GMT

Jan 27, 2022 -- 12:30PM, SontaranStratagem wrote:

It’s sickening and pathetic

They want everybody working for Mr Dome head in freezing warehouses on zero hours contracts

At the beck and call of Dr Evil

Having to piss into empty bottles because they work you to the bone

Report Stickywickets January 27, 2022 12:58 PM GMT
They could have funded that £20 per week UC uplift for 5 years with the amount the spunked on the test and trace
Report i_agree_with_nick January 27, 2022 1:43 PM GMT
I think most people want to work.  There are a small minority who have no intention of finding a job, maybe because they can't cope with the commitment, routine and discipline of working.  For this small constituency, I am happy for my taxes to fund their benefits rather than seeing them suffer with their mental and/or physical health.
Report Whisperingdeath January 27, 2022 1:50 PM GMT
That is a very small number. There is a far greater number that know how to play the system and that includes employers. We are the mugs who pay for it
Report Just Checking January 27, 2022 2:00 PM GMT
Month is far too short. People who are qualified and experienced in a skilled field will likely be seen by crap job employers as someone who wouldn't stay in a crap unskilled job for very long anyway so it would imagine kind of resolve itself.. But still, it's a bollocks idea.
Report Whisperingdeath January 27, 2022 2:07 PM GMT
Good point but my own view is if you want to take the silver then you do any job. I guess it doesn’t work like that though. Like I said  too many know how to game the system many complicit with employers.
Report SontaranStratagem January 27, 2022 2:21 PM GMT
March sticky Wink

That’s all I’m saying

Start of the true new year, start of the fun

Party time!
Report SontaranStratagem January 27, 2022 2:30 PM GMT
April 1st is the true new year, the rebirth of plants and tree leaves

The start of new life, the new realities

Hence them fooking mocking us with “April’s fools”

#partytime
Report SontaranStratagem January 27, 2022 2:35 PM GMT
He rebirth of our reality not there’s

There reality is boring
Report Whisperingdeath January 27, 2022 3:10 PM GMT
Every penny  of the NI rises is going to The NHS. Does anybody know how much money is being raised by the NI rise?

Every penny he said
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 27, 2022 3:12 PM GMT

Jan 27, 2022 -- 2:00PM, Just Checking wrote:

Month is far too short. People who are qualified and experienced in a skilled field will likely be seen by crap job employers as someone who wouldn't stay in a crap unskilled job for very long anyway so it would imagine kind of resolve itself.. But still, it's a bollocks idea.

Indeed. I was unemployed in 2013. Fancied a career change and realised I'd need to start low and work up but I just didn't get a look in and recruiters told me I was "not a long term investment" in their clients' eyes.

Report flat16 January 27, 2022 3:27 PM GMT
I am sure they meant "in anyone's eyes" .
Report Whisperingdeath January 27, 2022 3:27 PM GMT
Well I was head hunted too but in Papua New Guinea.

It was Queens an exhilarating experience I can tell you!
Report thegiggilo January 27, 2022 3:32 PM GMT
https://twitter.com/RebekahLove25/status/1486609707628478467

DWP..
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 27, 2022 5:31 PM GMT
THEY have their eyes on gulags.

Coming to a Johnson job centre soon...
Report lfc1971 January 27, 2022 5:34 PM GMT
It’s a good policy , and means those who are not qualified for the market ( quite possibly they will think they are overqualified will have to adapt
That’s inevitable I’m afraid when millions are going to university and we stop free movement of labour
That’s Brexit - and it’s good
Report Mexico January 27, 2022 7:40 PM GMT
This sounds like an interesting first step.

Are a few even on this forum who believe that they are “entitled “ to taxpayers money without bothering to look for employment.

It seems crazy that U.K. pays people to do nothing while there are vacancies in many sectors including agriculture and hospitality .
People should require a very good reason to be claiming dole for more than 6 months. Time to look at the generous Victorians and reintroduce a modern workhouse for long term scroungers.
Report Whisperingdeath January 27, 2022 7:53 PM GMT
I say for every dinghy arrival we send someone who has been on the dole for 6 months to their country. Fair swap!
Report politicspunter January 27, 2022 7:54 PM GMT

Jan 27, 2022 -- 7:53PM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

I say for every dinghy arrival we send someone who has been on the dole for 6 months to their country. Fair swap!

I would vote for that.

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 27, 2022 7:56 PM GMT
Was watching local news, they had an old folks home
featured.

I wondered what they will make of old folks homes
in 100-150 years time.

I was thinking they were our equivalent shame of
victorian workhouses.

I always promised my folks I would never let them
rot in an old folks home, so long as I was fit and able
to help them live at home.

And they want more old folks homes, on same
sort of plan.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 27, 2022 7:57 PM GMT
THEY
Report lfc1971 January 27, 2022 8:00 PM GMT
That’s people doing that , not the government
Report lfc1971 January 27, 2022 8:07 PM GMT
We have a problem don’t we , sending 50% or whatever it is to uni
And employing them
Report Escapee January 27, 2022 8:10 PM GMT
The country has just been pillaged for 10's of billions of ££££££ by all
these tory cronies....

and people start raging about a group getting £50 a week, most of whom, are just looking
for a decent job.

sick world
Report lfc1971 January 27, 2022 8:16 PM GMT
We’re not raging about them don’t mind those people at all
It’s those who have a few qualifications and won’t work unless it’s a certain well paid job
These are the ones who have to adapt to the new Brexit reality
Report truehoncho January 27, 2022 8:33 PM GMT
I disagree IFC. I think they don't have to adapt to anything. Forcing them to work is pointless, would you want them working for you? Just pay them, its the cost of keeping our society in good order.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 27, 2022 8:35 PM GMT
Who wants to work as a lorry stacker at dover

Or a sh1t shoveler into our seas

The new brexit reality...
Report lfc1971 January 27, 2022 8:36 PM GMT
It doesn’t target those who are on low pay , it’s targeting the entitled individuals who think because they’ve gone to uni
they can pick and choose - well they can’t sorry it’s post Brexit and times up
Report truehoncho January 27, 2022 8:55 PM GMT
But they can pick and choose and they will. They would be mugs to work for a pittance if they don't need to.
Report lfc1971 January 27, 2022 8:59 PM GMT
Of course if the jobs are there they can pick and choose
But this targets those who want to do that - but the jobs aren’t there
Report lfc1971 January 27, 2022 9:01 PM GMT
It’s about widening your view - now obviously that is not a problem for someone on a fairly poor paid job
Report lfc1971 January 27, 2022 9:02 PM GMT
They can widen they view - upwards
That’s good
Report casemoney January 27, 2022 9:26 PM GMT
Absolute Shyte , Nephew applied for Part time positions, Over 100 Applicants for each position .
Report PorcupineorPineapple January 28, 2022 9:14 AM GMT

Jan 27, 2022 -- 8:36PM, lfc1971 wrote:

It doesn’t target those who are on low pay , it’s targeting the entitled individuals who think because they’ve gone to uni they can pick and choose - well they can’t sorry it’s post Brexit and times up

The new brexit reality where education just isn't important any more. We'll get foreigners in to do the tricky jobs. As for you Kenny, it's a bin wagon for you.

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 28, 2022 5:47 PM GMT
And in 2019, £221.3 MILLION of the annual benefits bill was apparently paid to Asda shop staff. Back to ‘people who stack the shelves being unable to afford the produce on them’ - if you step back and pause you can see that it’s all part of the same ugly picture.

I should add that all of the Big Four retailers are the biggest beneficiaries of taxpayer funded benefits topping up their poverty wages. Not just Asda, but Tesco (remember their participation in the Workfare scheme?), Sainsbury’s and Morrison’s too,

Jack Monroe
Report SontaranStratagem January 28, 2022 6:27 PM GMT
The government can’t even be seen to produce a report never mind anything substantial

Yet they get to bark this cr@p
Report truehoncho January 28, 2022 7:21 PM GMT
Well wales is progressing with a universal basic income. I think its the way forward whether we like it or not.
Report SontaranStratagem January 28, 2022 8:38 PM GMT
Forget it

Attached to a government tiit for the rest of our days no thanks
Report truehoncho January 28, 2022 8:52 PM GMT
I agree SS but I think its coming.
Report SontaranStratagem January 28, 2022 9:02 PM GMT
I won’t be

It’ll be a jabbed or no income scenario
Report nineteen points January 28, 2022 9:20 PM GMT
can any of the clever folk on here remind me of the money paid to the test and trace scheme (servco,boris's mates) was it £37?
wwas it £37,000 or 37 million?

god forbid it could of been 37 BILLION!

for what?
Report SontaranStratagem January 28, 2022 10:14 PM GMT
Stolen money and by the 22nd March they had better got a war going or gone
Report Corky January 28, 2022 10:50 PM GMT
What's with the 22nd of March ?
Report SontaranStratagem January 29, 2022 12:04 AM GMT
It’s the big day Wink
Report TimmyRiggins January 29, 2022 2:51 AM GMT
Job interview?

Good luck, if it is.
Report TheBetterBettor January 29, 2022 6:14 AM GMT
The people who voted for brexit will now have to take on the fruit picker jobs... vacated by the eu workers they helped to kick out.
Report Cider January 29, 2022 7:50 AM GMT
We have * million unemployed, and * million low skilled vacancies.

Your solution is to import * million foreign people to fill the * million vacancies.

Leaving the * million UK people still unemployed.

CryLaugh
Report Just Checking January 29, 2022 7:58 AM GMT
"The people who voted for brexit will now have to take on the fruit picker jobs... vacated by the eu workers they helped to kick out. "

What is the probabality, do you think, of the fkin Guardian reading metro "Back into Europe" whingers, being people who have ever worked as fruit pickers?
How many of them ever spent say a summer getting their forearms scraped to **** picking rasps? Pretty much about 0.0000000001 I should think?

It's good enough for them FOR'N types though isn't it, on a sub minimal wage! Hypocrital f/cktards..
Report Just Checking January 29, 2022 9:25 AM GMT
COT, please go and list all my other messages where I use an "F", it's incredibly low, and rate a percentage.
Then go compile your own mad crap over the last week going on about "hooray henries" as your care nurses apparently decided (sadly) that it was ok to allow you near a keyboard.
Compare. It'd be good for you. Ask the nurses to help.
Report cryoftruth January 29, 2022 9:27 AM GMT
Your language is always shocking.

Clean up your act.
Report Just Checking January 29, 2022 9:36 AM GMT
"What on Earth is wrong with you that every post that you put up contains the “f” word usually aimed at someone else."
You see this is why no sane person has any time for you.
Firstly, it's incredibly rare I swear, everyone knows that.
Secondly, if I do it's not at "anyone else".

As you, COT, are constantly telling me you are so much more intelligent than me, you will now go off and find all the instances where I use the F word at anyone else. Except you will not find them, and you can't cite them. You will I expect not even find one other instance.

Go on then COT, put up or shut up. You can't put up, as you are a liar, but it won't stop you, will it.
Report Just Checking January 29, 2022 9:37 AM GMT
(ok maybe in 2016 I used the F word once talking about my hatred of badly grown cabbage, but if this fool finds it, fair play :)).
Report edy January 29, 2022 9:39 AM GMT
Interesting challenge coming from someone who sometimes tends to not put up themselves.
Report lfc1971 January 29, 2022 9:48 AM GMT
That’s true just checking politeness is so nice
for civilised people

Why are leftists and snp types so rude ?
Report edy January 29, 2022 10:05 AM GMT
It's down to indoctrination, lfc. Decadent works of so-called art are increasingly replacing The Holy Bible in schools as leftists continue to take over the education system. So-called "art" that includes swears and curses. Even ones directed at God.
Report edy January 29, 2022 10:08 AM GMT
Thankfully, a school in Tennessee recently took Art Spiegelman's "Maus" off the curriculum for its use of "God damn" (Forgive me, Father. I am just reporting), some other curses and nudity.
Report A_T January 29, 2022 10:15 AM GMT
however the shooting dead of black people is still very much encouraged
Report Dr Crippen January 29, 2022 10:19 AM GMT
Here's A_T with his arse in his hand again.

Yes edy, I know.
Report Whisperingdeath January 29, 2022 11:19 AM GMT
Never had Crippen and Checking down as lefties! Rude maybeWink
Report Dr Crippen January 29, 2022 4:19 PM GMT
Amazing.
Report Just Checking January 29, 2022 4:26 PM GMT
I'm guessing straitjackets, tin foil hats, and copies of Socialist Worker and "The National" aren't amenable to research to back up something said by a freaking lunatic. Who knew!
Report Just Checking January 29, 2022 4:31 PM GMT
I shall now take my daily pride in "proving an internet liar to be a liar" and ride off into the sunset.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com