Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tobermory
05 Jan 22 08:47
| Topic/replies: 55,833 | Blogger: tobermory's blog
No vaccine,   no worries Laugh
Pause Switch to Standard View Djokovic given exemption to play in...
Show More
Report Giuseppe January 16, 2022 5:08 PM GMT
novak followed the rules

he assumed the postive test would work for both the AO exemptiona and for his visa

it didn't matter

the australian government may still have deported him after quarantine

they deported him because they didnt want him there
Report Giuseppe January 16, 2022 5:08 PM GMT
they may have deported him in December
Report Whisperingdeath January 16, 2022 5:10 PM GMT
Well he should have done the 14 day option

Now he can’t defend Australia,  maybe will not be allowed into Francois or Yankees.

Next year he might be done
Report johnnythebull January 16, 2022 5:11 PM GMT
Racists against their own indigenous ppl and Serbs one might be led to assumeMischief
Report casemoney January 16, 2022 5:19 PM GMT
Great Move by the Ozzies  , Getting Djok out will save adding to the 666,411 Infections they had in the last week ,More grandstanding PISH from a clueless government LaughLaugh U cannot foooking make it up TBH
Report casemoney January 16, 2022 5:20 PM GMT
Looking at those figures he has had a result Getting out of the gaff Grin
Report Giuseppe January 16, 2022 5:21 PM GMT
imagine how much worse it would be if nobody was wearing masks
Report casemoney January 16, 2022 5:23 PM GMT
Laugh Fook me they have had more Lockdowns than Pints of Fosters over there ...
Report cryoftruth January 16, 2022 5:24 PM GMT

do you realise how little protection the jabs provide from infection?

Oh dear the antivaxxer brigade are still spreading misinformation. Look what believing this tripe has done for Jock O’Vitch.

Why not start on about the BBC needing abolition, or about murderers of black men needing acquitted, or moan on about heroes who got rid of an ikon of a racist slave trader or take a nice stupid global warming denial stance instead?

Oh dear some of the nut jobs are already there.
Report casemoney January 16, 2022 5:25 PM GMT
THEY HAVE 660,000 infections in a week COT , its not going too well imo
Report casemoney January 16, 2022 5:29 PM GMT
But you Just keep bringing up your racist accusations , Good Lad
Report Giuseppe January 16, 2022 5:38 PM GMT
cot

do you beliebe masks substantailly lower infection numbers?

what evidence is there for that?

why did cases go down in the UK in July when Boris lifted the mask mandate?
Report Whisperingdeath January 16, 2022 5:43 PM GMT
So what science are we following Seppe?

Why masks on The Tube?
Report Giuseppe January 16, 2022 6:09 PM GMT
because computer modelling shows they reduce transmission "a bit"
Report brain dead jockeys January 16, 2022 6:35 PM GMT
french open have indicated those not vaccinated can play and no med exemption needed.....some french official said this in past few days.......cannot see wimbledon requiring vax or med exemption......not sure about us open.........cannot see novak playing in aus open again........this is a total humiliation for him. i expect anti vax protesters to be showing his picture at demonstrations. i guarantee that sports fans in US stadiums and
maybe european (at least further east you go) will chant his name.......im sure novak wont want this attention........
Report politicspunter January 16, 2022 6:36 PM GMT
He has been a complete fool, I am sure he fully realises that now.
Report Giuseppe January 16, 2022 6:37 PM GMT
New York won't let unvaccinated sportspeople play

i think there is some lad on the Knicks basketabll team who is only playng away games
Report brain dead jockeys January 16, 2022 6:38 PM GMT
tennis australia are to blame for this.
Report politicspunter January 16, 2022 6:40 PM GMT
The only person to blame is Novax.
Report edy January 16, 2022 6:59 PM GMT

Jan 16, 2022 -- 6:37PM, Giuseppe wrote:

New York won't let unvaccinated sportspeople playi think there is some lad on the Knicks basketabll team who is only playng away games

Pretty sure the mandate concerns indoors arenas rather than all sports people. If basketball was played outdoors more often, then Kyrie Irving, a legit flat-eather btw., could play. The US Open naturally are outdoors, so rules would have to be expanded for them to concern Djokovic.

Report edy January 16, 2022 7:02 PM GMT
Oh, and it's the Nets, not the Knickerbockers.
Report edy January 16, 2022 7:05 PM GMT
"The whole intent behind it, Coach, it wasn't to bash science. It wasn't to like have the intent of starting a rage and be seen as this insane individual. When I started seeing comments and things about universal truths that I had known, like I had questions.

"When I started actually doing research on my own and figuring out that there is no real picture of Earth, not one real picture of Earth—and we haven't been back to the moon since 1961 or 1969—it becomes like conspiracy, too."

Kyrie had questions, started doing his own research real hard and came to the conclusion that the earth was flat.
Report edy January 16, 2022 7:06 PM GMT
He is possibly the most skilled PG of his generation though.
Report Giuseppe January 16, 2022 7:19 PM GMT
ok edy thanks didn't know that

but arthur ashe does have a roof would that be apronlem?
Report Giuseppe January 16, 2022 7:20 PM GMT
sorry not a big NBA fan
Report cryoftruth January 16, 2022 7:27 PM GMT
From a more reliable source than a conspiracy theorist’s bilge on a gambling chat room.

The Intensive Care National Audit and Research Centre (ICNARC), which has been monitoring activity throughout the pandemic, provides information on admissions to intensive care.3 Its latest report, published on 31 December, showed that the proportion of patients admitted to critical care in December 2021 with confirmed covid-19 who were unvaccinated was 61%. This proportion had previously fallen from 75% in May 2021 to 47% in October 2021—consistent with the decreasing proportion of the general population who were unvaccinated—before rising again in December 2021.

The proportion of unvaccinated patients in intensive care varied by English region, with the highest rates recorded in London (66%), the south west, and the north west.

Yes that is 66% from a population who are over 90% treble jabbed.

Now of course everyone knows that the antivaxers are not remotely interested in some nice solid facts. However it’s more for them trolling and blathering complete and utter bilge all the time, spreading disinformation and causing harm.
Report moisok January 16, 2022 10:47 PM GMT
a bit of a shocker turned up by that FOI  request??   20,000 died OF  covid with no pre conditions  etc  Is that right?
Report Giuseppe January 16, 2022 10:49 PM GMT
wouldn't read too much into that mo

not many 70+ year olds with zero underlying conditions
Report dave1357 January 16, 2022 10:53 PM GMT
^^ In England there are 12.5m ppl with high blood pressure for a start - so that figure isn't really surprising
Report Giuseppe January 16, 2022 10:59 PM GMT
yeah i was looking at the Irish ICU numbers

many have hypertension (high blood pressure)

i'm not sure what this means exactly though

if you are on blood pressure pills, but your blood pressure is now normal as a result of the pills, are you still considered to have hypertension?
Report johnnythebull January 16, 2022 10:59 PM GMT
another cogent post not espousing the views of the limp wristed on here

has spontaneously combusted once again

snowflake Stasi well on it tonite
Report Giuseppe January 16, 2022 11:00 PM GMT
are there actually 12.5 million people wit h high blood pressure if you tested them right now?

most of the people will be on pills surely
Report Giuseppe January 16, 2022 11:01 PM GMT
75% of people dying with covid in the US have at least FOUR underlying conditions
Report johnnythebull January 16, 2022 11:03 PM GMT
no one is dying from CONvid anywhere fwiw
Report moisok January 16, 2022 11:10 PM GMT
I told you all  before.  It was a 'Do you know who I am'  moment.
Report Giuseppe January 16, 2022 11:13 PM GMT
he followed all the rules mo

he was thrown out on ublic order grounds, not rule breaking

Aussie government said his presence would "incite anti-vaxx sentiment" among the Australian public
Report Giuseppe January 16, 2022 11:14 PM GMT
he's never even made anti-vaxx statements
Report moisok January 16, 2022 11:33 PM GMT
Nope  - it was a 'who do you think I am'?   moment  - I told you all when it started.  Thinks he is 'THE MAN'   - his lot have form.
Report Giuseppe January 16, 2022 11:35 PM GMT
he is the man Cool
Report moisok January 16, 2022 11:37 PM GMT
he he!!   we are being nawty  - it is the naughty step for us ho ho!!  Devil
Report dukeofpuke January 17, 2022 5:49 AM GMT
NOVAK DJOKOVIC is my hero

ADOLF HITLER is not
Report breadnbutter January 17, 2022 7:48 AM GMT

Jan 16, 2022 -- 10:47PM, moisok wrote:

a bit of a shocker turned up by that FOI

Report cryoftruth January 17, 2022 8:27 AM GMT
Anti-vaxxer activist Kelly Canon who rallied against jabs ‘dead after Covid turned into double pneumonia’

AN ANTI-VAXXER who attended a conference slamming the vaccine just a few weeks ago has died after Covid complications gave her double pneumonia.

Kelly Canon died on Monday after reportedly receiving a religious exemption from her employer to avoid getting the vaccine.

The Texas conservative had rallied against the vaccine and celebrated not having to get the jab.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/17301472/anti-vaxxer-activist-kelly-canon-dies-covid/

she's not celebrating any more Sad
Report cryoftruth January 17, 2022 8:28 AM GMT
Jocko was deported to save cases like that one.
Report rothko January 17, 2022 12:19 PM GMT
why anyone who is vulnerable would be influenced by a fit world class athlete not having the jab doesnt make sense
Report cryoftruth January 17, 2022 12:26 PM GMT
Indeed it makes no sense, but look at this forum!

It’s inhabited by numerous nut jobs who think that the moon landings were faked and that the vaccines are a giant con trick and that all the politicians, experts, public health professors etc etc are corrupted by “big pharma” and that is why they believe vaccinations are “poisonous”.

They believed a lot of this incredible piffle for ages, well before Novax tried to use his fame and money to skirt round the Oz Covid rules.

They must have got their conspiracy theories from places even less reliable than from the likes of dear old Novax.
Report johnnythebull January 17, 2022 1:24 PM GMT
so posts the biggest wimp 'nut job' limp wristed libtard on here
Report cryoftruth January 17, 2022 1:31 PM GMT
Oh Johnny the bullish****r

You are so macho and dominating. You must feel like a real macho hero when in keyboard warrior mode just slating others like it’s clever or something.

Your level of rationality is so awesome I suspect you maybe went to college.

(Perhaps to sweep the corridors).
Report johnnythebull January 17, 2022 1:43 PM GMT
fyi..cryoflies..your 'wit' is on a par with your truth..non existent

when a forumite disagrees with what i may or may not post,as is their right, i don't go crying to mummy and get their post removed within nanoseconds as has happened on more than one occasion

anyhow,you have a nice day

pls don't allow me to stop you posting your incessant,brainwashed, deluded drivel
Report Whisperingdeath January 17, 2022 3:31 PM GMT
Novak Djokovic may not be allowed to defend his French Open title in May after the French government ruled that all athletes will have to be vaccinated in order to attend and compete in sporting events in France.We
Report johnnythebull January 17, 2022 3:49 PM GMT
I was only saying to a m8,Wd( unlike cot and edy,i do have some),prior to this 'announcement'

that given the precedent set by Oz and Djoko's 'stance' and how paranoid France and the US are about 'polluted' air

that he wouldn't be allowed in to their slams anytime soon

and maybe Wimbledon was his only real shot of beating the 3 way tie

Also even had things been 'normal' i was of the conviction he would prob have drawn stumps after the US in any case

as with everything time will tell
Report Whisperingdeath January 17, 2022 4:25 PM GMT
Yep

Macron wants to p*ss on the non vaccinated!

Personally I think all travel will resume to normal without the need for PCR Tests soon.

We are in deep doo doo economically and we haven’t  even received our Brexit Bonus yet although I have noticed how prices of nearly everything is going up in supermarkets.

I notice too how France is lifting travel restrictions for the ski season.

This whole thing ends soon imho but there is a remote possibility of another dangerous variant, which, could
possibly destroy the World economy.

We have to get on with things. It wasn’t t just our own Government who were totally clueless about what to do.

It would be ironic if the patient of Dr Fuentes wins his 21st Grand Slam title. Even funnier if he wins in Paris and Novaxx is unable to compete there and possibly Flushing.

I don’t like Djoko. That is my personal prejudice but I wouldn’t have him down as a drug cheat!

I think Tennis Australia and the Government have handled the situation comically catastrophically but it has been great entertainment. I am glad  a “ the rules don’t apply to me “ has taken one up the jacksy.

From a sporting point of view it is not a tragedy but a disgrace.

I am not a tennis fan Johnny so to some degree I have enjoyed the show but it has been a farce. Nobody died though. I don’t
have any sympathy for Djoko. I don’t particularly like people who train so hard to become so good.I  prefer the old school guys who could drink 3 bottles of fizz and answer the call to turn up at Lords at short notice to represent their country.

I didn’t like KP as a person but I know he worked really hard to be so good but he had something else God given imho. I could train hard every day and be good at sport particularly sports like cricket and tennis is an even more manufactured sport. I like to watch Gods not men.

Djoko is human. He got a bad hand and he played it even worse but I don’t care

and that probably isn’t all I git to say ‘bout that!
Report johnnythebull January 17, 2022 4:45 PM GMT
I  prefer the old school guys who could drink 3 bottles of fizz and answer the call to turn up at Lords at short notice to represent their country.

looks like that was what was happening to our lot in OzCrazy

KP and Djoko both marmite individuals..sometimes what is perceived as aloofness/arrogance is actually a mask for a certain diffidence

re Gods vs men..that's what makes gods gods(a god given natural genius that no amount of training can imbue a normal person with)

but even gods these days have to put a shift in
Report Whisperingdeath January 17, 2022 5:10 PM GMT
True they all have to put in a shift but

re Gods vs men..that's what makes gods gods(a god given natural genius that no amount of training can imbue a normal person with)

Nicely put!

and those are the people I want to see, demand to see and will pay to see. Not some robot who engenders indifference.
Report johnnythebull January 17, 2022 5:40 PM GMT
Wd..interesting cpl of articles here..don't know if you've seen them,about our 'stalwarts' Down Under

https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/news/fat-shaming-too-much-drinking-094655634.html
Report Whisperingdeath January 17, 2022 6:04 PM GMT
Yes the article sums it up fairly concisely.

In my view we lost the series as soon as Archer was injured. As a matter of interest he was made to bowl 43 overs in the first innings of a Test in NZ, which, is criminal! Olly Stone going down did not help either.

For me the management of the tour is to blame for the planning and execution. They just seemed clueless to me. I don't fully blame the players for not being good enough or being under prepared in covid times but I do blame them for their meek surrender and lack of determination to do whatever it takes before the fight and getting ready, to lack of courage or rather mental fortitude. Their was a lack of physical courage from one or two but a real lack of mental fight in others.

The teams they picked beggared belief starting from selection in the first test and choosing to bat not bowl and play Leach in those conditions. I don't fully blame leach because he hasn't had much of a chance but I don't think he is good enough. Bess isn't good enough either but I think at Adelaide where it might have spun Aussie had 4 left handers in the top 7, riddle me that!

There are so many things they did wrong or went wrong. The Aussie attack is quite formidable and on helpful pitches possibly the best but India Second Xl dealt with them and out bowled them. They took it to the Aussie batters and never took a step back.

I thought the Aussie batting would be brittle. Stand out from Travis Head and Khawaja but Wood and Archer in tandem might have ripped through the batting. Losing 20 dismissals through dropped catches and no balls is irretrievable.

Root has to go. No tactical nous, a poor leader and a poor captain, no charisma either. Silverwood and Giles likewise have got it ALL wrong.

We didn't have a chance!

A few more beers and a punch up might have helped! I don't think Johnny Bstard's stomach stopped him scoring runs either!
Report johnnythebull January 17, 2022 6:41 PM GMT
nor did Colin Cowdrey's,albeit different times nor W.G.Grace

watched Siverwood's 'interview'after our brave batting resistance in the final test

an extremely annoying,arrogant,clueless porker coming out with the same mantra that has demonstably failed lamentably

Gower interviewed Root and didn't give him an easy time..Gower,normally pretty mellow was REALLY upset with the whole charade and he knows the SP

Root is the type of guy who not only the playground bully would pick on but also the wimpiest wallflower

has no gravitas nor presence(not his fault)..just looks like an older version of a callow youth

needs clearing out from the top down but in as much as it's a bit of an old boys' club,don't hold your breath
Report SontaranStratagem January 17, 2022 7:27 PM GMT
That team needs Stokes

Root stands there clapping like some seal ffs Crazy we need a tough bast@rd out there to get them rallied

Broad should have been captain when Cook left as well, he rubs the opposition up the wrong way, gets under their with his smarmy grin Mischief
Report SontaranStratagem January 17, 2022 7:31 PM GMT
Broad actually performed better when the Aussies were on his back in 2013/14, he took all that in his stride at the time

The kind of guy you want as leader, one that doesn’t shy away
Report Whisperingdeath January 17, 2022 7:42 PM GMT
Doesn’t shy away.....Laugh

He knows where his leg stump is though, he is usually walking backwards away from it!
Report alun2005 January 19, 2022 9:59 PM GMT
Oh the irony...

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/djokovic-buys-80-danish-biotech-155819901.html
Report A_T January 28, 2022 8:19 AM GMT
looks like he faked the test

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/59999541
Report impossible123 January 29, 2022 5:19 PM GMT
It turned out he and/or his professional associates and political cronies were complicit in "massaging" dates of his Covid tests and results eg doctoring the Covid certificate number.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 29, 2022 5:22 PM GMT
Bbc finally catching up....
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 30, 2022 1:43 PM GMT
Bet on medvedev

1.03 £9,094.66
1.04 £67,078.79
1.05. £33,533.99
1.06. £65,303.13
1.07 £52,361.47
1.08 £65,159.49
1.09 £209,283.22
1.1 £256,372.55
1.11 £1,057,146.08

Bet on nadal

£6,094.96
£123,369.23
£115,228.43
£13,480.50
£51,816.89
£175,082.79
£184,779.71
£218,210.77

Layers delight!
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 30, 2022 2:04 PM GMT
Bet on nadal

1.03 £30,166.79
1.04 £68,602.72
1.05. £7,585.75
1.06 £3,064.85
1.07 £4,520.77
1.08 £217.87
1.09. £53,658.73
1.1 £202,217.06
1.11 £108,450.57

Excited
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 30, 2022 2:08 PM GMT
Nadal breaks again, 6-5

5 hrs 20 mins..

Lol... Epic!
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 30, 2022 2:12 PM GMT
Gs&m

21 in 22!
Report Whisperingdeath January 30, 2022 2:26 PM GMT
Oh the irony

The drug taker wins his 21st title and the non drug taker is not even allowed defend his title

and the moral of the story?

.....Congratulations Dr FuentesWhoops
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- January 30, 2022 2:41 PM GMT
Poor old bloke had to sit down during speeches.

Kind of reminded me of Ali sat on his seat
after defeating frazier.
Report johnnythebull January 30, 2022 2:41 PM GMT
bit cynical Wd..guy's a legend
Report Whisperingdeath January 30, 2022 2:50 PM GMT
Wink

I am not a tennis fan Johnny. I am sure Mr Nadal is a great tennis player. He certainly has an iron will. I just don’t like drug cheats.
Report A_T January 30, 2022 2:55 PM GMT
poor Nole - if only he'd had a vaccine he could be on 21 slams now - but instead it's Nadal Grin
Report Whisperingdeath January 30, 2022 3:02 PM GMT
I kind of like the irony of the situation. I mean I don’t like the Prisoner Cell Djok H much either but he is castigated for not taking drugs....now that’s funny!
Report Foinavon January 30, 2022 3:04 PM GMT
Tennis is a girlie game, I'm no fan either.
Report Whisperingdeath January 30, 2022 3:15 PM GMT
Now you surprise me there Foinavon.

I should add that I do not know if Nadal took steroids under the guidance of Dr Fuentes. But he certainly looked like he was on roids  back in the day!
Report tobermory January 30, 2022 3:32 PM GMT
Looks like the French changed their covid rules for incomers just to keep Novak out.

Nadal surely will finish with most slams now, but with an asterisk.
Report A_T January 30, 2022 3:34 PM GMT
I just assume all top sports stars are doping - makes it easier to enjoy
Report Giuseppe January 30, 2022 3:39 PM GMT
French Open is in late May

if we still have covid passports by then and covid is stil rampant, surely even the slow learners will start to question the policy
Report A_T January 30, 2022 3:40 PM GMT
would fancy Nadal to go to 22 at Roland Garros whether Nole is there or not
Report Giuseppe January 30, 2022 3:41 PM GMT
Novak beat him there last year
Report A_T January 30, 2022 3:44 PM GMT
yes but Nadal is 7-2 over Nole at RG
Report A_T January 30, 2022 3:45 PM GMT
Nadal rose to the challenge to day whereas Nole wilted in New York
Report A_T January 30, 2022 3:45 PM GMT
*today
Report Foinavon January 30, 2022 3:46 PM GMT
Now you surprise me there Foinavon.

They had a couple of tennis courts at school for girls only, we boys played cricket and rugger.
Don't you know they play with a little soft ball not a proper one like cricketers use?
Report edy January 30, 2022 3:53 PM GMT
Sorry about Medvedev not coming through in the end, Foinavon.
Report Foinavon January 30, 2022 3:58 PM GMT
It's not your fault edy, he got to the final and a profit was there for the taking all the way up to that point. It was just a bit of fun, I don't have to go to Casemoney and ask for a monkey to tide me over.
Report Giuseppe January 30, 2022 3:59 PM GMT
i wish someone would give me a monkey to tide me over
Report Whisperingdeath January 30, 2022 4:09 PM GMT
I am really surprised at you Foinavon!

Rugby and cricket for me too. I prefer sports with physical contact too. Just a bit harsh to say Tennis is for girlsLaugh
Report politicspunter January 30, 2022 4:09 PM GMT
Looking at the betting up thread, there must have been some folks hurt badly Sad
Report Giuseppe January 30, 2022 4:10 PM GMT
not much physiacal contact in cricket mates

greco-roman wrerstling was almost the one for me
Report Whisperingdeath January 30, 2022 4:20 PM GMT
Spoken like an Italian who has never had a a five and a half ounce missile whizz past his hooter at considerable velocity mateWink
Report Whisperingdeath January 30, 2022 4:20 PM GMT
and certainly has never been chatted and nuttedShocked
Report Whisperingdeath January 30, 2022 4:21 PM GMT
Cutted and nutted!
Report Foinavon January 30, 2022 4:24 PM GMT
Or had one strike him in the Djokovics.
Report Giuseppe January 30, 2022 4:25 PM GMT
no idea what any of this means
Report Whisperingdeath January 30, 2022 4:25 PM GMT
Exactly

Hurts so much you can cry but not scream!
Report Foinavon January 30, 2022 4:28 PM GMT
And everyone else laughs
Report Whisperingdeath January 30, 2022 4:30 PM GMT
and dishes out sage advice like don’t feel ‘em count ‘emLaugh
Report Foinavon January 30, 2022 4:32 PM GMT
Laugh
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com