Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
A_T
22 Oct 21 07:44
| Topic/replies: 14,437 | Blogger: A_T's blog
we don't yet know if it was murder
Pause Switch to Standard View Alec Baldwin murders woman, injures...
Show More
Report tobermory October 23, 2021 1:45 AM BST
A 'prop gun' is a real gun that has no live rounds.
Report wolf3011 October 23, 2021 1:58 AM BST
You wonder how Clint eastwood managed to survive as long as he did.. speaking of hollywood have the yanks forgiven neeson for his transgressions yet? Ironic btw that baldwin spent years criticising trump for his stance on gun laws and ends up blowing someones head off
Report xmoneyx October 23, 2021 2:31 AM BST
the crow

bruce lee son killed by live bullet on set

they ran out of dummie bullets

for a close up they used a real bullet instead

it wasnt removed - they forgot
Report SontaranStratagem October 23, 2021 2:33 AM BST
They ain't that stupid ffs

You're taught to always check the gun before releasing the safety
Report SontaranStratagem October 23, 2021 2:37 AM BST
And the question still hasn't been asked and given an answer

Why was he pointing it at some random woman? And how and why did he fire a 2nd shot of at another randomer? They weren't shooting a scene or anything so... How???
Report SontaranStratagem October 23, 2021 2:39 AM BST
This whole story has more holes in it than a sieve ffs
Report Giuseppe October 23, 2021 2:55 AM BST
maybe he was joking around between takes
Report dukeofpuke October 23, 2021 5:20 AM BST
was it a shotgun ffs
Report Facts October 23, 2021 8:04 AM BST
Timber 22 Oct 21 15:18 
Baldwin is responsible for the weapon.
Probably drunk
Is the producer

He's in the sh1t

You really are a pathetic individual
Report Timber October 23, 2021 8:12 AM BST

Oct 23, 2021 -- 2:04AM, Facts wrote:

Timber 22 Oct 21 15:18

Report Timber October 23, 2021 8:13 AM BST
Another double spacing coward
Report Facts October 23, 2021 8:22 AM BST
You created a thread with this title

' Alec Baldwin murders woman. '

You're a moron
Report Timber October 23, 2021 8:25 AM BST
He pointed a gun at a person and pulled the trigger, you hapless tool

You only point a gun at a person if you want to shoot them. They are not toys

ON a movie set YOU NEVER point ANY guns at ANYBODY

The camera work does the tricks to make it look as though it's pointed at somebody
Report edy October 23, 2021 8:49 AM BST
Was Baldwin rude towards Trump once upon a time or why are the messiah's disciples so very desperate to see Baldwin hang?
Report A_T October 23, 2021 9:53 AM BST
for Baldwin to be prosecuted for anything they will have to have evidence that he knew it was loaded with live ammunition
Report bobweenit October 23, 2021 10:39 AM BST
His last 3 tweets are very strange considering the circumstances.Some of the stuff he puts up on twitter is very good tho...
Report bobweenit October 23, 2021 10:42 AM BST
Well 1 that he retweeted anyhowLaugh
Report Giuseppe October 23, 2021 2:57 PM BST
edmund

baldwin was the actor who played trump in the "saturday night live" comedy show on us tv
Report Facts October 23, 2021 6:26 PM BST

'.....The camera work does the tricks to make it look as though it's pointed at somebody.....
'

That was some camera work in The Deer Hunter !!!!!
Report edy October 24, 2021 10:06 AM BST

Oct 23, 2021 -- 8:57AM, Giuseppe wrote:

edmundbaldwin was the actor who played trump in the "saturday night live" comedy show on us tv

So they hold an eternal grievance over a tribute?

Trumpers Crazy

Report Timber October 24, 2021 10:18 AM BST
Report Timber October 24, 2021 11:01 AM BST

Oct 24, 2021 -- 4:06AM, edy wrote:

Oct 23, 2021 -- 1:57PM, Giuseppe wrote:edmundbaldwin was the actor who played trump in the "saturday night live" comedy show on us tvSo they hold an eternal grievance over a tribute?Trumpers

No, it's because he is a terrible human being

Report edy October 24, 2021 11:05 AM BST
Oh, of course, Mr. Silly Grievances.
Report TheBetterBettor October 25, 2021 2:31 PM BST
..... it was chelsea fans    Plain
Report moisok October 25, 2021 4:55 PM BST
anyone officially using a gun -one of the first things  you are instructed  is 'never point it at anyone'  regardless if loaded or not - in multi chamber/autos you may not realise you have fired every one (for example).
I notice baldwin has turned to victim status and he is re-centering himself - whatever that is.
Ps

never heard of the bloke before this
Report Giuseppe October 25, 2021 4:59 PM BST
great actor mo

check out glengarry glenross

he does a great speech in that, i'm sure it's on youtube, it's very well known
Report Foinavon October 25, 2021 5:16 PM BST
Me neither Mo, I never watch films. I don't know whether useless slebs have special status in the USA but he will be lucky to get away without any charges.
Report xmoneyx October 26, 2021 11:40 AM BST
L.A Times

Actor Alec Baldwin was practicing removing a revolver from its holster and aiming toward the camera during rehearsal for the movie “Rust” when director Joel Souza heard “what sounded like a whip and then a loud pop,” according to a search warrant that provided grim new details about the final minutes of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins’ life.

In the newly released document obtained by the Los Angeles Times on Sunday night, Souza said the weapon had been described to him as a “cold gun,” meaning it did not have any live rounds. But the gun discharged, striking Hutchins in her chest and Souza in his right shoulder, according to a Santa Fe County, N.M., sheriff’s detective’s affidavit used to obtain a search warrant. Hutchins was pronounced dead at an Albuquerque hospital.

Souza’s statement to the detective offered a new window into the on-set shooting Thursday that has left Hollywood reeling and calling for safer working conditions on sets.

The shooting took place after six members of the film’s crew walked off the set after complaining to the production company about payment and housing, camera operator Reid Russell told Det. Joel Cano. Russell’s and Souza’s statements to the detective offered the most detailed chronology yet of how the tragedy unfolded.

The day started late because the production had hired a replacement camera crew and was working with only one camera, Souza told the detective.

Aside from Baldwin, Souza said, two people were handling the gun for the scene: armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed and then assistant director Dave Halls, who handed the gun to Baldwin, the affidavit said.

Because of COVID-19 safety protocols, Gutierrez Reed set up three prop guns on a cart outside Bonanza Creek Ranch’s church set, the focus of the search warrant. Halls did not know live rounds were in the gun that he handed to Baldwin, and Halls yelled “cold gun,” according to the affidavit.

Souza told the detective that cast and crew had been preparing for the scene before lunch but then took a meal break away from the rehearsal area around 12:30 p.m. When they returned, Souza said, he wasn’t sure whether the gun was checked again. He also addressed the possibility of cast or crew members bringing onto the set live ammunition and live rounds, which can include potentially dangerous blanks.

“Joel said as far as he knows, no one gets checked for live ammunition on their person prior and after the scenes are being filmed,” the affidavit said. “The only thing checked are the firearms to avoid live ammunition being in them. Joel stated there should never be live rounds whatsoever, near or around the scene.”

When they came back from lunch, a creeping shadow prompted the camera to be moved to a different angle, Russell told the detective. As Baldwin was explaining how he was going to draw his gun and where his arm would be positioned, it discharged, Russell said

Souza said he was looking over Hutchins’ shoulder when the gun discharged. Hutchins grabbed her midsection, stumbled backward and was assisted to the ground, Souza told the detective

Russell recalled hearing a loud bang, seeing a bloody Souza and hearing Hutchins say she couldn’t feel her legs, the affidavit said.

Crew members called 911 asking for help. Script supervisor Mamie Mitchell expressed frustration that an assistant director yelled at her at lunch and asked about revisions, according to audio from a 911 call obtained by The Times

“He’s supposed to check the guns,” Mitchell said on the 911 call. “He’s responsible for what happens on the set.”

Mitchell told the 911 operator that she could not say whether the gun was loaded with a real bullet.

Halls, the first assistant director, did not respond to The Times’ request for comment.
Report saddo October 26, 2021 11:47 AM BST
Sounds a bit odd that a live round not only found it's way onto the set, but into that gun chamber.
Report xmoneyx October 26, 2021 11:58 AM BST
amazingly seemed more concerned with covid than a live round on set

who put a live round in the chamber ?
Report saddo October 26, 2021 12:05 PM BST
Interesting if no prints found on the casing.
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 26, 2021 12:20 PM BST
If I was that way minded, I'd be wondering about a conspiracy to set up Baldwin. You know he's firing a gun past the camera and replace the blank round with a live one.
Report saddo October 26, 2021 12:21 PM BST
Me too, disgruntled crew, Mamie had been shouted at.
Report saddo October 26, 2021 12:23 PM BST
Shouldn't even have been a blank in it if just rehearsing the move.
Report Timber October 26, 2021 12:44 PM BST
Apparently it's cheaper to use live rounds as it sounds and looks more realistic
Report xmoneyx October 26, 2021 12:46 PM BST
call me simple - couldnt you just edit in gun sound
Report Timber October 26, 2021 12:56 PM BST
Brandon Lee was killed by a live round, I still think that was murder, especially considering who his father was
Report xmoneyx October 26, 2021 10:05 PM BST
The gun that fatally shot Halyna Hutchins on Thursday had been used earlier that day to shoot beer cans, an unnamed source told The Wrap.

According to the source, crew members had used the gun that morning for some live-ammunition target practice in the desert, called “plinking.”

looks like lax gun ho on the film set Cry
Report Giuseppe October 26, 2021 10:15 PM BST
brandon lee really was a freak death

first the gun was filled with dummy rounds for a scene, these are supposed to be bullets that include projectiles but not the primers, so the projectile can't be fired out of the gun

but the primers were not removed correctly so unbeknownst to the crew the projectile was in fact fired a little bit down the barrel and left there

then they filled the gun with blanks for another scene

blanks are the opposite of dummies, they do not contain the projectile part but do contain the primer (to create a flash)

but the projectile from the dummy was still in the barrel, and this was shot out by the primer from the blank and killed lee
Report xmoneyx October 26, 2021 10:26 PM BST
Breaking News: Criminal charges have not been ruled out in the fatal shooting on the set of the Alec Baldwin movie "Rust." The investigation, focusing on who had placed the ammunition in the gun, could take weeks.
Report casemoney October 27, 2021 2:27 AM BST
The assistant director of Rust, Dave Halls, had been sacked from a previous production over gun safety violations.

Actor Alec Baldwin accidentally shot dead Halyna Hutchins on the set of the Western last week. Plain
Report Timber October 27, 2021 6:43 AM BST

Oct 26, 2021 -- 4:15PM, Giuseppe wrote:

brandon lee really was a freak deathfirst the gun was filled with dummy rounds for a scene, these are supposed to be bullets that include projectiles but not the primers, so the projectile can't be fired out of the gunbut the primers were not removed correctly so unbeknownst to the crew the projectile was in fact fired a little bit down the barrel and left therethen they filled the gun with blanks for another sceneblanks are the opposite of dummies, they do not contain the projectile part but do contain the primer (to create a flash)but the projectile from the dummy was still in the barrel, and this was shot out by the primer from the blank and killed lee

That's the official story, but it's complete bollocks, he was shot with a live .44 bullet

Report tanglefoot October 27, 2021 9:54 AM BST
A prop gun is not a real gun
If Alec Baldwin was handed a real gun,it was his duty to first check the gun for safety,and not aim at anybody nearby and pull the trigger,negligence of the highest order.
Report A_T October 27, 2021 10:43 AM BST
don't be daft Baldwin can't be faulted unless he knew it had a live round. why on earth would you think a gun handed to you as a prop on a film set might have a live round - there's people paid to supervise all this
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 27, 2021 11:55 AM BST
I think the point about prop guns is that they look like real guns. Don't think it's on every single actor to have the required firearms knowledge to check a prop weapon and be able to tell the difference. That's the job of the prop guy.
Report Giuseppe October 27, 2021 12:57 PM BST
i think prop guns are real guns

otherwise how could they fire projectiles / live rounds?

crew were apparently shooting tin cans with this "prop" gun
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 27, 2021 1:04 PM BST
Loving the idea of the kid who shot Omar on the Wire being responsible for knowing that it wasn't a real bullet inside though.
Report saddo October 27, 2021 2:38 PM BST
Agree with Guiseppe, a  blank round has a charge in it. I can't see much use for pretendy guns in that business.
Report Facts October 27, 2021 3:43 PM BST
Prop guns, are real guns.
Report Facts October 27, 2021 3:49 PM BST
A prop gun, is unloaded or loaded with a blank cartridge( ie a bullet without a projectile element).

The gun only becomes potentially lethal, if it's loaded with a real bullet.
Report differentdrum October 27, 2021 11:31 PM BST
They seem to be focusing everything on the bullet.

Irrespective of what type of bullet it was, why was he pointing the gun at this woman and pulling the trigger? Surely that's the obvious question nobody on the news reports seems to be asking.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk October 27, 2021 11:39 PM BST
Maybe the DOP was asking for a shot similar to the scene that old James Bond used to do in the intro ie shooting a gun at the camera (us)
Report tanglefoot October 28, 2021 10:51 AM BST
I am sure Alec Baldwin,wouldn’t after taking a gun,prop,cold or whatever,put it to his head and pull the trigger of said gun.
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 28, 2021 10:56 AM BST
erm, why would he (unless it was being shot for the film)?
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 28, 2021 10:58 AM BST
So, for the likes of Saving Private Ryan, would you give the responsibility for ensuring the guns are safe to all the actors and extras firing them?
Report saddo October 28, 2021 11:49 AM BST
You wouldn't would you. The gun was supposedly subject to two layers of checks before getting into Baldwin's hand, the armourer and the guy who passed it to him saying 'cold gun'. Someone fecked up.
Report Timber October 28, 2021 11:54 AM BST
I bet there were no women working in the weapons dept for Private Ryan
Report Just Checking October 28, 2021 12:16 PM BST
"A prop gun is not a real gun"
Bollox.
"If Alec Baldwin was handed a real gun,it was his duty to first check the gun for safety,and not aim at anybody nearby and pull the trigger,negligence of the highest order. "
Bollox.
There are areas of delegation and responsibility. You wouldn't say if a pilot took off and the engines were signed off as working but a major component was working, that he'd murdered the passengers. Though I'll admit if I was him in this case I'd have a quick look as with this type of gun you can quickly see if it's blank or not. In another case the actor wouldn't unload the bloody magazine inspect every bullet then reload it, that's madness.
Prop guns constitutes everything from a real gun to a total fake. It's a gun that happens to be a prop. This one was apparently a real antique gun from what I've read.

Some films (and we've seen them) the actor points the gun at the camera so you get say that "draws and shooting at camera" look, maybe in slo-mo, that's apparently what happened here and she was behind the camera.

I've a lot of sympathy for the actor, the pillocks down the chain who let this happen sound unprofessional, incompetent and disorganised and should be done for it. The armourer for example sounds dippy and learning on the job, was she in position for "woke" reasons given the US film industry now loves diversity quotas? I mean you can't even be listed for awards now without complying with them. It's not like there wouldn't be say 100,000s of ex US military that might be quite professional around guns.
Report Just Checking October 28, 2021 12:16 PM BST
"but a major component was not working"
Report tanglefoot October 28, 2021 5:18 PM BST
Just Checking know sweet fanny adams about gun safety,obviously never worked in an environment where guns are used,
Go to any military,police or gun range and u would know that the person handling a gun goes thru a safety procedure before going anywhere near pulling the trigger.
Report saddo October 28, 2021 5:20 PM BST
Its a film set tangle, they are artists doing art. They rely on safety professionals for safety.
Report Whisperingdeath October 28, 2021 5:22 PM BST
He seems to know more than you tanglefoot. He was not on a military, police or gun range. Perhaps you might enlighten us what the procedures are on a FILM SET?
Report A_T October 28, 2021 6:31 PM BST
tanglefoot posting total bollox
Report saddo October 28, 2021 6:48 PM BST
I think he just has a healthy respect for guns. I once worked in a room where a teenager had shot his mate in the head while partying. You could still find traces through the fresh paint if you looked hard enough
Report Giuseppe October 28, 2021 7:11 PM BST
crew were apparently using guns to shoot tin cans earlier that day

surely that is what caused the live rounds to be left in the chamber
Report lfc1971 October 28, 2021 7:37 PM BST
This is about as bad as it gets , feel sorry for Baldwin
Report casemoney October 31, 2021 2:30 AM GMT
Alec Baldwin has spoken out in public for the first time since he accidentally shot dead cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on a film set earlier this month, saying "she was my friend". What difference does that really make ?

It gets worse

"She was my friend. The day I arrived in Santa Fe and started shooting I took her to dinner with Joel," Then shot the pair of them ,who he had

no right to be aiming a gun at anyway . Where was Ms Hutchins hit by the accidental Bullet ?

Summat not right with what he says is a  Trillion to one happening .IMVHO
Report casemoney October 31, 2021 2:33 AM GMT
Perhaps Mr Baldwin was set up ?  Or it was a trillion to one accident he managed to kill this woman who was his dining friend .
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 31, 2021 7:30 AM GMT
Then shot the pair of them ,who he had no right to be aiming a gun at anyway

Sorry, but can you explain why? Do you know how films work?
Report Timber October 31, 2021 7:45 AM GMT
You don't aim a loaded gun at people...period

There are specific guns for close up shots, they have their explosive charges taken out

This wasn't that scenario
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 31, 2021 7:49 AM GMT
jesus wept

I can feel my brain cells rotting away just reading this ****
Report Timber October 31, 2021 8:20 AM GMT
Fake news
You would have to have a brain in the first place for that to happen
Report Timber October 31, 2021 8:20 AM GMT
Porky thinks they are aiming guns at people all the time on a movie setLaugh
Report edy October 31, 2021 11:08 AM GMT
There are specific guns for close up shots, they have their explosive charges taken out

Source?
Report Facts October 31, 2021 12:53 PM GMT
https://www.euronews.com/culture/2021/10/25/guns-on-movie-sets-explained-how...
Report SontaranStratagem October 31, 2021 1:25 PM GMT
He shoots two people in very suspicious circumstances and gets to stand on a highway and tell us the details of it without a cop in sight Crazy

They can tell us anything can’t they
Report A_T October 31, 2021 1:31 PM GMT
he hasn't been charged or even arrested
Report saddo October 31, 2021 2:31 PM GMT
Sontaran, very suspicious? If he wanted to shoot them both it was a brilliant ploy to do it with the one bullet.
Report Giuseppe October 31, 2021 2:52 PM GMT
case

i think in this particular shot baldwin was supposed to be shooting into the camera, and teh two of them were positioned behind it
Report saddo October 31, 2021 2:58 PM GMT
Endless number of films with gunmen shooting at the camera, it's a artistic technique used by many directors.
Report casemoney October 31, 2021 3:01 PM GMT
Sorry, but can you explain why? Do you know how films work?

Pmsfl   why would anyone be aiming a gun at anyone other than in an acting scene , give your head a wobble ffs Laugh
Report casemoney October 31, 2021 3:01 PM GMT
Neither of them were operating a camera ?
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 31, 2021 3:04 PM GMT
So, if one was operating the camera, and the other was standing directly behind her and the shot was of Baldwin shooting at/past said camera (seems to be the common consensus unless I've missed something), why did he, in your words, have "no right to be aiming the gun at them"?

Genuinely confused.
Report casemoney October 31, 2021 3:12 PM GMT
Cinematographer Halyna Hutchins was huddled around a monitor lining up her next camera shot on Thursday when she was fatally shot with a prop gun by “Rust” star Alec Baldwin
Report A_T October 31, 2021 3:12 PM GMT
case do you think Baldwin intended to kill her?
Report Giuseppe October 31, 2021 3:17 PM GMT
October 21, 2021, was the twelfth day of a 21-day shoot, and the cast was rehearsing a gunfight that takes place inside of a church at the Bonanza Creek Ranch.

Gutierrez-Reed placed three guns used as props on a cart.

Among them were a plastic gun that could not shoot live bullets, a modified weapon that could not fire any type of bullets, and a .45 Long Colt revolver.[21]

The latter was selected by Halls, who handed it to Baldwin and announced that it was a "cold gun" to inform the rest of the crew that it was empty.[22][23]

Camera operator Reid Russell was situated on a camera dolly, looking at a monitor with Hutchins and Souza both nearby.

The scene involved Baldwin's character removing a gun from its holster and pointing it toward the camera.[3]

While the trio behind the monitor were repositioning the camera to remove a shadow, Baldwin began explaining to the crew how he planned to draw the firearm.[3]

When he removed it from the holster, at approximately 1:50 p.m. MT, Baldwin fired the gun a single time and the projectile flew towards the three behind the monitor, striking Hutchins in the chest and Souza in the clavicle.[4][22][24][25] The incident was not recorded.[21]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rust_shooting_incident#Shooting_incident

that sounds like it was done between takes
Report casemoney October 31, 2021 3:18 PM GMT
I don't know what happened AT I doubt he intended to kill anyone the bullet hit the director first not the Lady  , How can a live round end up in the gun ? All very strange
Report Giuseppe October 31, 2021 3:18 PM GMT
the monitor is part of the camera i think?
Report Giuseppe October 31, 2021 3:20 PM GMT
sounds like baldwin was rehearsing what he was going to do once the camera started rolling: fire into the camera

the three of them were moving the camera / looking at the monitor which may be part of the "camera dolly" set up
Report Giuseppe October 31, 2021 3:21 PM GMT
most likely theory seems to be crew were using it to shoot cans earlier and it wasn't checked in teh emantime
Report A_T October 31, 2021 3:40 PM GMT
How can a live round end up in the gun ? All very strange

not really - someone royally fcked up
Report wolf3011 October 31, 2021 4:14 PM GMT
Sky have just showed an interview with Baldwin and his creepy wife hovering next to him holding a phone with Baldwin telling her to move basically.. very strange character and it seems his wife shares his character traits
Report Facts October 31, 2021 5:39 PM GMT
casemoney 31 Oct 21 15:18 
I don't know what happened AT I doubt he intended to kill anyone the bullet hit the director first not the Lady  , How can a live round end up in the gun ? All very strange

Its my understanding the bullet struck th girl first, passwd through her and hit the director, who was standing behind her, in the shoulder. From where they extracted the bullet in the hospital.
Report leif October 31, 2021 5:58 PM GMT

errrmmm . one more question.  why a live bullet when the armoury guys were supposed to be orchestrating gun safety.
Report casemoney October 31, 2021 6:35 PM GMT
Thought was the other way round facts ,must have read it wrong ..
Report LoyalHoncho October 31, 2021 7:54 PM GMT
We';ve heard of magic bullets before however Baldwin doesn't have the full might and machinery of the world's most powerful government behind him to prove this one was.
Report saddo October 31, 2021 10:10 PM GMT
We've all heard of exit wounds before, a bullet is highly unlikely to drop straight to the floor once its passed through someone.
Report casemoney November 18, 2021 1:33 AM GMT
A lawsuit against Alec Baldwin alleges that a film script did not require him to fire a gun when he fatally shot cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

Script supervisor Mamie Mitchell - who called police after the shooting on the New Mexico film set - filed the suit.

Her lawyer accused the actor of "playing Russian roulette" when he fired the gun without checking it.

Mr Baldwin and the film's producers, who were also named in the lawsuit, have not yet commented. Plain
Report tobermory November 18, 2021 1:42 AM GMT
I saw that, odd why he would be pulling the trigger.

But, ultimately it wasn't his job to know it was loaded, so can't see him being charged with murder/manslaughter.

Possibly corporate manslaughter as a producer running an unsafe workplace.
Report A_T November 18, 2021 8:19 AM GMT
ambulance-chasers on board, I see
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com