Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
irishone
15 Oct 21 08:01
| Topic/replies: 47,300 | Blogger: irishone's blog
Mr Varadkar told RTE television: "I hope Dominic Cummings is speaking for himself and not for the British government.

"But those comments are very alarming because that would indicate that this is a government, an administration, that acted in bad faith and that message needs to be heard around the world.

"If the British government doesn't honour its agreements, it doesn't adhere to treaties it signs, that must apply to everyone else too.

"At the moment they're going around the world, they're trying to negotiate new trade agreements...

"Surely the message must go out to all countries around the world that this is a British government that doesn't necessarily keep its word and doesn't necessarily honour the agreements it makes.

"And you shouldn't make any agreements with them until such time as you're confident that they keep their promises, and honour things, for example, like the protocol."
Pause Switch to Standard View The British disease ....part 43
Show More
Report lapsy pa October 15, 2021 10:42 AM BST
You ask yourself the thinking behind it,simply why? The obvious and only answer is to win a general election.

Ok,so they did this to win an election based on breaking up an international agreement?

Isn't that just telling the electorate a pack of lies and also a pack of lies to the people we are having an international agreement with?

Fook me,is that the standard you are happy with?

Is it any wonder your country is going down the pan?
Report Foinavon October 15, 2021 11:14 AM BST
If it pees off the Irish elites, then we need more of it.
Report lfc1971 October 16, 2021 11:10 AM BST
It’s amazing the tripe the south of Ireland politicians come out with
and they keep a straight face maybe they believe it lol
Report Whisperingdeath October 16, 2021 1:16 PM BST
But their white pudding is very very good as is the Dranshanbo Gun Powder Irish Gin is exquisite

Lay off the potato eaters!
Report lapsy pa October 16, 2021 1:25 PM BST
Shocked Clonakilty white pudding in a lot of places in UK now WD,Ocado and tesco also do Cully and Sully soup,£1.75, the smoked haddock chowder is grand but the vegtable soup is excellent.

Foinavon/Lfc, you so badly need someone even like Irish not so elites,an honest Sturgeon,a straight talking Mark Drakesford, instead you got the stooges,isn't it always someone else,don't the average Brit fall for that each time?
Report Whisperingdeath October 16, 2021 1:32 PM BST
The Engleesh have a tradition of cap doffing and forelock tugging. Many wish to be ruled by their betters. They have bought into the lie that they are worthless scum and the Eton Rifles know what is best for them. They cheer the fact that The Labour Party, The Party created to protect their interests is in dismay. What they fail to realise is that this will be sorted out on the streets.
Report Whisperingdeath October 16, 2021 1:36 PM BST
I have tried the Clonakilty white pudding. Jolly marvellous. I am not over keen on soup. We had a cook when I was a child that made terrible soup and I have barely recovered since although I have a liking now for  butter bean and chorizo but on your recommendation I will try the chowder
Report lapsy pa October 16, 2021 1:47 PM BST
I'm not a soup person either but would have them, Mrs lapsy always insisted on the Cully when she goes to Ireland,a good bread makes it enjoyable anyway.

I might try lighting a candle for the cap doffers and forelock tuggers this evening(7.00pm) if a few here do it you never know, it may be too late in a few months time as you say.
Report Whisperingdeath October 16, 2021 1:56 PM BST
My brother told me a story about the soup takers. Is it true?
Report lapsy pa October 16, 2021 2:05 PM BST
Yes, i won't be sure of the facts and no doubt open to correction,however i think protestant soup kitchens involved some kind of commitment to protestism. The Quakers also did soup kitchens and afaik they were done with no catch only to genuinely help.
Report Foinavon October 16, 2021 2:34 PM BST
I have absolutely nothing against ordinary Irish people Lapsy, like everyone else I know they just want to go about their daily business. We have a thriving Irish community here in South Birmingham and I used to go to the dog track with a group of lads of Irish descent before that particular pleasure was closed off by greedy developers. No, my displeasure is directed against certain elites, you can guess who they are.
Report lapsy pa October 16, 2021 2:43 PM BST
I know you haven't Foinavon and i have a lot of respect for your learned self, i am pisted off with this protocol saga,it is just a bucket of lies but at least it is generally seen that way by most.
Report lfc1971 October 16, 2021 2:45 PM BST
You’ve been wrong about the protocol - as demonstrated by the changes
Report moisok October 16, 2021 2:46 PM BST
sadly my party sold out many decades ago
Kinnocks heading to create a mini dynasty in europe and they even let another one back in to a safe seat in Wales

I rest my case
Report lapsy pa October 16, 2021 2:47 PM BST
I hope i've been wrong,it was a great EU move, it is going to look silly now if reneged.
Report lfc1971 October 16, 2021 2:49 PM BST
As long as you realise the protocol had to change it wasn’t practical or workable
I know that may not be of concern to the south of Ireland or the EU - tough
Report Foinavon October 16, 2021 2:51 PM BST
Thanks Lapsy, the sentiment is mutual. The protocol situation will be sorted eventually and probably quietly. In the meantime the politicians have to do their posturing and preening but the province shouldn't be allowed to descend into anarchy again and I suspect there is a danger of it.
Report lfc1971 October 16, 2021 2:53 PM BST
Sensible changes have been made . It’s for the British government to decide if it goes far enough.
Report Foinavon October 16, 2021 3:14 PM BST
The Belfast Agreement is immutable and provides for the electorate of the province to freely decide their own future. It is even-handed to both communities which is not necessarily reflected in the way the protocol is interpreted.
Listening to Sammy Wilson the other day, the chief gripe of the DUP is having to accept EU laws being handed down without consultation which he contends makes Stormont redundant. I suspect this is an area along with the CJEU oversight where the EU will not compromise.
Report peckerdunne October 16, 2021 3:18 PM BST
It's true, the British constitution, as such, won't be effecting the EU.
Report peckerdunne October 16, 2021 3:21 PM BST
Cullys chicken veg soup, some nice Irish side bread with Kerrygold off course, and a bag of Tayto.

Now what could be better on a damp afternoon Sat in front of the box. LOl
Report peckerdunne October 16, 2021 3:22 PM BST
Soda bread
Report Foinavon October 16, 2021 3:25 PM BST
A mug of Barry's tea?
Report lfc1971 October 16, 2021 3:27 PM BST
The important thing is that trade can move freely and with little or no restrictions between GB and NI
The ecj is neither here nor there - Anything the eu court says in the future can be ignored if it goes against British interests
Report lfc1971 October 16, 2021 3:29 PM BST
What the EU has to understand is that nothing will happen without Britains say so
Report peckerdunne October 16, 2021 3:39 PM BST
I've never been a tea drinker Foin.

Pa, the wife has to go to Dunnes stores, they do a simply better own brand range

of yoghurt in a little glass and for about a quid.

It is  artisan really, comes creamy light sharp and on the bottom can be lemon or blackcurrant etc.

It's from Wexford, and I promise it is 5 minutes of heaven.
Report lapsy pa October 16, 2021 4:52 PM BST
Thanks PD,sound like a fairly small company and they usually get things bang on til they grow.

Another bonus there Lfc,lovely yoghurts for all.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com