Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sofiakenny
14 Oct 21 23:44
| Topic/replies: 25,898 | Blogger: sofiakenny's blog
Who will get the blame.?.cos it certainly will be no fault of our wonderful Tory govt.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 100
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 14 Oct 21 23:47
Certainly not brexit
By:
winningthought
When: 14 Oct 21 23:50
1) Putin
2) Russia
3) EU
4) Putin
5) Germay
6) Marcon
7) France
8) Russia
9) Merkel
10) Germany

Candles and Blitz spirit LoveLove
By:
akabula
When: 14 Oct 21 23:51
Will just be a case of kennybhoy having his supply cut off because he spent his leckie money in the pub.
By:
winningthought
When: 14 Oct 21 23:52
The list goes on and on of course.

But the Greates of Britain will evenhandedly see off all threats by itself.
By:
brentford
When: 14 Oct 21 23:52
are less windy years, gas pipework maintenance, China overpaying to redirect gas supplies and selective restriction of output from Russia really a pro or anti brexit issue yhtl ?
By:
winningthought
When: 14 Oct 21 23:53
Nobody mentioned brexit brentford.
By:
sofiakenny
When: 14 Oct 21 23:53
winnning 1 2 4 8..I think not..would be unwise to cut off the funding of our Tory chums.
By:
brentford
When: 14 Oct 21 23:56
I wasn't clear if yhtl had managed to find an angle (and take that in good spirit btw)
By:
winningthought
When: 14 Oct 21 23:56
Ah, but Kenny me 'ald mucker, they be good Russians.
By:
akabula
When: 15 Oct 21 00:00
It won't happen of course but don't let that stop you.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 15 Oct 21 00:04
Less wind.... likely the eu have
diverted the wind over their wind farms.

The Dail Mail will start a campaign to
get it back.

Gas pipes, hmmm, the annual
gas pipe repairers holiday camp
in eu saw many locked up by eu.

Attempts to return to blighty
in dingies has been thwarted
as the dingies are in the wrong
places.

Nowt to do with brexit.
By:
winningthought
When: 15 Oct 21 00:04
The internet should be text only... unless you are a child or completely illiterate.
By:
brentford
When: 15 Oct 21 00:08
everyone is short though yhtl, just that govs are stepping in  to cover increased costs in Europe for business at least..

maintenance was a covid related backlog from many independent sources, wind is wind...maybe playing the climate stuff too hard whilst reliant on countries who aren't interested in it ..
Parts of Europe massively reliant on Poots gas...gets to control price...that's proper madness...
By:
brentford
When: 15 Oct 21 00:10
If they decide to start conflict (unlikely) most of Europe brought to it's knees in a month by shutting off gas supplies...
By:
sofiakenny
When: 15 Oct 21 00:10
The fact our storage capacity is next to zero may be a factor.
By:
casemoney
When: 15 Oct 21 00:16

Kenny the Bojo Fantasist he cannot help himself ..  KENNY 4 BOJO Love
By:
sofiakenny
When: 15 Oct 21 00:19
case are you aware that your PM has a personal trainer on 80k a year!!...must be feeding Bozo pies.
By:
winningthought
When: 15 Oct 21 00:20
The problem is though, brentford, the EU will get its gas, and the UK is at the wrong end and the wrong 'side' of proceedings. And be under no illusion, the UK is a big consumer of Russian gas.
By:
casemoney
When: 15 Oct 21 00:20
Looking at that Picture Kenny he is being robbed Laugh
By:
winningthought
When: 15 Oct 21 00:22
Double whammy. Complete non-diplomacy with Russia since Putin took power, and relationships are heading that way with Europe.
By:
clouded leopard
When: 15 Oct 21 00:22
What if these issues go on and on, getting worse and worse ?

A power outage might not just be for Christmas
By:
sofiakenny
When: 15 Oct 21 00:23
What ever happened to our splendid North Sea Gas?
By:
brentford
When: 15 Oct 21 00:26
we aren't though actually wt, we are much less dependent on Russia than many but obviously we do suffer the fallout if everyone is after new suppliers in a lean year for the reasons outlined and Poots gets to control the market in a moment like this ...double bubble for him..strain inter european alliances and carve up the gas market at will for another few billion in the accounts
By:
winningthought
When: 15 Oct 21 00:29
Correction: Anti-diplomacy with Russia, and now starting non-diplomacy with the Europe.

The one thing the UK did brilliantly was diplomacy, especially during their imperial reign. They understood the fragility of their position in certain parts of the world, and had a diplomatic core that countries today uphold and strive towards. But since the 2000 and the Declaration of War on Islam, the UK has followed the US Thug diplomacy and hasn't looked back. Neither will the rest of the world. 

--Just seen your post.

'Putin' would be heralded as 'Master of the Free Markets' if he was on Wall Street.
By:
sofiakenny
When: 15 Oct 21 00:31
The frenchies have loadsa nuclear energy..cheap as chips.
By:
clouded leopard
When: 15 Oct 21 00:31
go long generators, gas fires and onesies then
By:
Giuseppe
When: 15 Oct 21 00:37
Russia has never atempted any funny business with gas supplies to europe as far as i kmow

they once did with ukraine, i think was over unpaid debts
By:
winningthought
When: 15 Oct 21 00:39
Too true clouded leopard. I have a self-sweeping coal powered generator and several tonnes of trad coal and petroleum coke. Not forgetting commercial canisters of gas and several thousand liters of kerosene. Candles too

When they lights go out, I'll still be owning all you mugs on here Love
By:
shiny new shoes please
When: 15 Oct 21 00:41
personal trainer on 80k a year
Laugh worth every penny Laugh
By:
brentford
When: 15 Oct 21 00:44
It's not technically funny business though is it G in it's current guise...they have stuck to the negotiated deals pre shortage...

essentially they could increase output and head off the big price rises (would still be profiting on that) but they are trying to get commitments currently on future deals supplying Germany and others...why the rush from their point of view ..I gather from the other thread they are making positive noises on oncreasingly supply but again guess who's been 'shrewdly' playing that market as per WT's comment...
By:
brentford
When: 15 Oct 21 00:45
*on increasing
By:
winningthought
When: 15 Oct 21 00:46
Yes G. Putin stated just the other day - "If you want gas, buy it on the St. Petersburg exchange".

Nordsteam absolute hammer-blow for the Brits in particular. Pretty much the only other country to trade gas and (Libyan) oil in their own currency apart from the all powerful Petrodollar. They've just been blown in their own back yard-- Germany and Russia trading carbon energy in Euros!

The ****g state of the UK. China owns the North Sea oil fields and nobody is trading carbon in Pounds anymore.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 15 Oct 21 00:46
you said there was "selective restriction of output from Russia "

as far as i am aware they just delivered as normal, and have now actually increasewd supply to push down prices, they ahven't doen anything untoward
By:
Giuseppe
When: 15 Oct 21 00:47
last thing Russia wants is to scare away customers into the arms of the US
By:
brentford
When: 15 Oct 21 00:48
if you are able to supply more and choose not to for political reasons that's selective output no ?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 15 Oct 21 00:49
Russia just wants to sell its gas, have sanctions liftend and have sovereiognty over Crimea recognised, they're not trtying to take over the world
By:
clouded leopard
When: 15 Oct 21 00:49
winningthought14 Oct 21 23:39Joined: 25 Oct 01 | Topic/replies: 24,448 | Blogger: winningthought's blog
Too true clouded leopard. I have a self-sweeping coal powered generator and several tonnes of trad coal and petroleum coke. Not forgetting commercial canisters of gas and several thousand liters of kerosene. Candles too

When they lights go out, I'll still be owning all you mugs on here Love

That's impressive

Where did you say you were living these days WT ?

Just postcode might do
By:
Giuseppe
When: 15 Oct 21 00:50
why on earth would you choose to increase suplly and push down prices if you didn't have to?

what shop owner would do that?

who would buy more stock to push down the price he could charge?
By:
clouded leopard
When: 15 Oct 21 00:51
In all seriousness though

People should be thinking like this

The many laughed their socks off at preppers a decade plus ago
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies: