Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
cryoftruth
12 Oct 21 18:06
| Topic/replies: 7,501 | Blogger: cryoftruth's blog
The British government waited too long to impose a lockdown in the early days of the Covid-19 pandemic, missing a chance to contain the disease and leading to thousands of unnecessary deaths, a parliamentary report concluded Tuesday.

The deadly delay resulted from ministers’ failure to question the recommendations of scientific advisers, resulting in a dangerous level of “groupthink” that caused them to dismiss the more aggressive strategies adopted in East and Southeast Asia, according to the joint report from the House of Commons’ science and health committees.

It was only when Britain's National Health Service risked being overwhelmed by rapidly rising infections that Prime Minister Boris Johnson's Conservative government finally ordered a lockdown.

“There was a desire to avoid a lockdown because of the immense harm it would entail to the economy, normal health services and society,’’ the report said. “In the absence of other strategies such as rigorous case isolation, a meaningful test-and-trace operation, and robust border controls, a full lockdown was inevitable and should have come sooner.’’

The UK parliamentary report comes amid frustration with the timetable for a formal public inquiry into the government’s response to Covid-19, which Johnson says will start next spring.
Pause Switch to Standard View Thousands dead because of Tory dithering
Show More
Report cryoftruth October 12, 2021 6:07 PM BST
But never mind. At least Tory donors got plenty of tax payers loot.
Report cryoftruth October 12, 2021 6:07 PM BST
And of course Handcock’s barman did very well from the terrible corruption.
Report cryoftruth October 12, 2021 6:09 PM BST
So that’s it then.
Proven to be both corrupt and incompetent.

The worst ever IK government.

Makes Neville Chamberlain look decisive.

Beyond useless and well on into pure evil.

Johnson for God’s sake go.

Go now.
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 6:15 PM BST

Seen this and Thought of you Cot Love
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 12, 2021 6:18 PM BST
You missed

tens of

From start of thread..
Otherwise I agree
Report Cider October 12, 2021 6:23 PM BST
It must be a relief for the other nations in the UK that health is fully devolved, have their own CMOs, and have full autotomy (when they are not breaking their own lockdown rules).
Report sofiakenny October 12, 2021 6:42 PM BST
They knew what they were doing....they CHOSE HERD IMMUNITY....does no one remember Cummings saying "thats to bad" when informed of the old being culled.
Report sofiakenny October 12, 2021 6:45 PM BST
They want you to buy into their "stupid" bowlox....they are evil not stupid.
Report Cider October 12, 2021 6:46 PM BST
They knew what they were doing, until the u turn to lock down. The health freaks advising the westminster government that is.
Report lapsy pa October 12, 2021 6:49 PM BST
Cider,they are toxic,the country is going down the pan(sunlit uplands NI excepted),everything they touch turns to shyyte.
Report Cider October 12, 2021 6:49 PM BST
It was so blatantly obvious what would happen with these inquiries, as the establishment has accepted lockdown was inevitable, the only question was when. Which as we know is patently absurd.
Report sofiakenny October 12, 2021 6:50 PM BST
they were advised to lock down sooner they chose to ignore that advice...advisers advise ministers decide.
Report Cider October 12, 2021 6:51 PM BST
There are people determined to destroy the country, lapsy, that's for sure. But it's mostly not current Tory politicians.
Report Cider October 12, 2021 6:52 PM BST
That's bow locks kenny. Please quote the advice you are referencing.
Report sofiakenny October 12, 2021 7:10 PM BST
Patrick Valance.
Report LoyalHoncho October 12, 2021 7:37 PM BST
They held an enquiry into the sinking of the Titanic too and whitewashed the whole thing the way they wanted.  Wish this lot would leave a few portholes open and go down quicker.
Report iamajambo October 12, 2021 7:45 PM BST
I'm surprised that I have not seen this mentioned before but my younger daughter is a technical manager at one of the the country's most prestigious Medical Research Centres. In early March of last year she phoned us on a Thursday in early March to tell us that Bozo was going to make an announcement on TV on the following Sunday at 7.00 PM  regarding the first lockdown. So there I was, clued to the TV for a statement which never occurred.

So, Bozo dithered. This was 2 weeks before the first lockdown. If a one week delay in the first lockdown resulted in 10's of thousands of extra deaths how about 2 weeks?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 12, 2021 7:53 PM BST
Each week saw infection, and therefore deaths
double.
Report truehoncho October 12, 2021 8:05 PM BST
should have locked down in 2017/18 to save tens of thousands of flu deaths.
Report Manoleeds October 12, 2021 8:09 PM BST
Sweden never locked down -is there anyone left?
Report Giuseppe October 12, 2021 8:11 PM BST
BORISAngry

TORIESAngry

TORY CORRUPTIONAngry

BREXITAngry
Report frog1000 October 12, 2021 9:10 PM BST
Lockdowns likely made things worse not better.
Report tobermory October 12, 2021 9:14 PM BST
The SAGE argument against lockdown on March 13th was that we would end up with a far worse 2nd wave.

Isn't that what happened Confused

The Czechs locked down sooner and harder and indeed had a death rate 1/40th of ours. Then their second wave made them worst in the world.
Report Cider October 12, 2021 9:15 PM BST
So, Bozo dithered. This was 2 weeks before the first lockdown. If a one week delay in the first lockdown resulted in 10's of thousands of extra deaths how about 2 weeks?

UK is 25th in the country list for reported covod deaths per capita. Just above Poland (26th). Poland had virtually no deaths until winter 2020. Plus of course we are over-reporting them compared to similar countries.
Report frog1000 October 12, 2021 9:17 PM BST
Zero evidence that the lockdowns saved a single life.
Report Cider October 12, 2021 9:18 PM BST
Plenty that it has cost tens of thousands of non covid deaths. And a myriad of other disasters.
Report LoyalHoncho October 12, 2021 9:44 PM BST
How can there be frog?  And how in the name of a virus denier could they have made things worse?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 12, 2021 9:47 PM BST
Pick a random country defence from
the tory fan boys complicit in
the slaughter.
Report LoyalHoncho October 12, 2021 9:48 PM BST
I'm sick saying this but Johnson is an rsshole.  He triumphed in his "Brexit" election win and over the New year and through January did FCUK all about the virus, which they had been advised about in late November.  He even went against the advice of science, ignored their advice, visited hospitals shaking hands by the dozen and GOT IT HIMSELF!   Laugh  Laugh  Laugh
Report lapsy pa October 12, 2021 9:52 PM BST
Peckerdunne put a thread in chit chat in Jan 2020 warning that this is v serious stuff.
Ireland had lockdowns left right and centre, pro rata population wise about 40% of UK deaths, the argument more densely populated is weak.
Everyone knew there was something seriously wrong in Kent sept/oct 2020, it was ignored.
Report saddo October 12, 2021 9:57 PM BST
Not surprised to see many people revelling in the deaths through mock outrage, every cloud an all that.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 12, 2021 10:06 PM BST
Well those that caused em seem happy
to defend the slaughter.

Nobody happy at deaths but the
feigned indignity suits the tory
fan boys who have spent 18 months
being wrong, time after time after time.

Some of the numpties won't even
have the booster vax

Can't make it up
Report frog1000 October 12, 2021 10:40 PM BST

Oct 12, 2021 -- 3:44PM, LoyalHoncho wrote:

How can there be frog?

Report frog1000 October 12, 2021 10:40 PM BST
How could they have made things worse:

1. Deplete immunity for other diseases, particularly in young children.
2. Other illnesses not diagnosed iike  cancer.
3. Massive debt leading to inflation and increased national povety killing more people in the long run.
4. Infrastructure decline. A year off work means country falling to pieces. Workers in offices lead to people being left in Afghanistan, lack of HGV drivers (drivers retired and tens of thousands new applications left untoucned).
5. Mental health decline due to issolation and longterm fear.
6. Increased power of the state that will never be given back.

I am sure there are more issues that lockdown will throw up.
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 10:56 PM BST
Wheres this Big Flu that has not killed 80,000 over the past nearly 2 years ?
Report LoyalHoncho October 13, 2021 2:35 PM BST
Scientists advise, politicians make the decisions = or don't as the case may be, they might just ask their wife what should be done.  Right or wrong the buck stops at No 10, otherwise, there is no point in having a No. 10.
Report Giuseppe October 13, 2021 2:52 PM BST
lol at listen to the scientists

they have been wrong about everything
Report Giuseppe October 13, 2021 2:53 PM BST
"100,000 cases a day after July 19th"
Report truehoncho October 13, 2021 4:05 PM BST
Some of the numpties won't even
have the booster vax
---  numpties lol. you mean those that have another opinion.
Report Cider October 13, 2021 4:30 PM BST
Scientists advise, politicians make the decisions = or don't as the case may be, they might just ask their wife what should be done.  Right or wrong the buck stops at No 10, otherwise, there is no point in having a No. 10.

Not for the devolved nations with their own parliaments it doesn't. Who have full autonomy over health.
Report Charlie October 13, 2021 4:42 PM BST

Oct 13, 2021 -- 10:30AM, Cider wrote:

Scientists advise, politicians make the decisions = or don't as the case may be, they might just ask their wife what should be done.

Report Charlie October 13, 2021 4:44 PM BST
ffs
Are you saying that there were not thousands of deaths in England caused by the Government's incomptence?
Report truehoncho October 13, 2021 4:47 PM BST
People who died were at end of life and would have died anyway. Not much anyone could have done, if it wasn't covid it would have been something else.
Report Charlie October 13, 2021 4:48 PM BST

Oct 13, 2021 -- 10:47AM, truehoncho wrote:

People who died were at end of life and would have died anyway. Not much anyone could have done, if it wasn't covid it would have been something else.

Knobhead.

Report Cider October 13, 2021 4:52 PM BST
The OP is quoting 'Britain' not England.

It was only when Britain's National Health Service risked being overwhelmed by rapidly rising infections that Prime Minister Boris Johnson's Conservative government finally ordered a lockdown.

What is Britain's National Health Service? Boris Johnson's lockdown announcement only applied to England.

Sturgeon for example is accountable for decisions in Scotland.

This is quite apart from the assertion that 'lockdowns' derive any net benefit at all.
Report truehoncho October 13, 2021 4:52 PM BST
Aww Charlie, best you can do? Come on now as one the premier forum sheep I was sure you would have posted a BBC article to prove me wrong. Still the night is young.
Report Charlie October 13, 2021 4:54 PM BST

Oct 13, 2021 -- 10:52AM, truehoncho wrote:

Aww Charlie, best you can do? Come on now as one the premier forum sheep I was sure you would have posted a BBC article to prove me wrong. Still the night is young.

It's really nice to see someone whose emphathatic, that rules you out though.

Report Charlie October 13, 2021 4:57 PM BST

Oct 13, 2021 -- 10:52AM, Cider wrote:

The OP is quoting 'Britain' not England. It was only when Britain's National Health Service risked being overwhelmed by rapidly rising infections that Prime Minister Boris Johnson's Conservative government finally ordered a lockdown.What is Britain's National Health Service? Boris Johnson's lockdown announcement only applied to England.Sturgeon for example is accountable for decisions in Scotland. This is quite apart from the assertion that 'lockdowns' derive any net benefit at all.

The OPs title is: Thousands dead because of Tory dithering. Do you disagree with that (not the title but the sentiment)?

Report Cider October 13, 2021 5:04 PM BST
No I don't. Fewer people would have died if we had not copied a totalitarian communist policy.

However if the OP believes that, he also feels thousands are dead due to the dithering of his own SNP government. But you won't find any OPs about that from him, will you?
Report truehoncho October 13, 2021 5:05 PM BST
It's really nice to see someone whose emphathatic, that rules you out though.  --  Who should I have empathy for. Sheep like yourself that wallowed in the fake narrative and caused thousands/millions of people to be locked down, become impoverished and suffered unnecessary mental health and other health issues? Sheep like you that come on forums and try to shut down any ideas that didn't support your own misconceived nonsense? Maybe I should have empathy for all those millionaires/billionaires  who got richer taking advantage of the covid hysteria that you and people like you propagated? You don't fool me mate, your a nasty bit of work that relishes this type of nonsense that allows you to virtue signal with impunity and try to belittle anyone that doesn't agree with you.
Report Charlie October 13, 2021 5:06 PM BST

Oct 13, 2021 -- 11:04AM, Cider wrote:

No I don't. Fewer people would have died if we had not copied a totalitarian communist policy. However if the OP believes that, he also feels thousands are dead due to the dithering of his own SNP government. But you won't find any OPs about that from him, will you?

Which totalitarian communist policy did we follow?

Report Charlie October 13, 2021 5:07 PM BST

Oct 13, 2021 -- 11:05AM, truehoncho wrote:

It's really nice to see someone whose emphathatic, that rules you out though.

Report Charlie October 13, 2021 5:08 PM BST
Quite an impressive load of nonsense. Very well done.
Report Cider October 13, 2021 5:09 PM BST
Erm, compelling millions of healthy people to stay at home by law. If you can find any evidence of this in pandemic planning before the Chinese propaganda at the beginning of 2020, go right ahead.
Report Charlie October 13, 2021 5:14 PM BST

Oct 13, 2021 -- 11:09AM, Cider wrote:

Erm, compelling millions of healthy people to stay at home by law. If you can find any evidence of this in pandemic planning before the Chinese propaganda at the beginning of 2020, go right ahead.

I'm still not sure what you mean unless you are saying that China was putting out propoganda about covid.

Report Cider October 13, 2021 5:17 PM BST
Before covid, people would have thought lockdown was absurd. Because it is. Now sheep like you think it is the defacto go to policy. Don't worry, you're not alone.
Report Cider October 13, 2021 5:19 PM BST
And yes, there was lots of Chinese propaganda. Pop up hospitals. People imprisoned. People filmed dropping down in the street, supposedly from this virus.
Report Charlie October 13, 2021 5:20 PM BST

Oct 13, 2021 -- 11:17AM, Cider wrote:

Before covid, people would have thought lockdown was absurd. Because it is. Now sheep like you think it is the defacto go to policy. Don't worry, you're not alone.

You do like to change the topic. I thought you were telling me about totalitarian communist policy and Chinese propaganda at the beginning of 2020.

Report truehoncho October 13, 2021 5:21 PM BST
Isolation has always been seen as playing a big role in stress and more serious mental health issues. Telling millions of vulnerable people that there was a deadly virus being spread and then locking them in their homes  is clearly going to lead to increased stress and hence lower immunity and ultimately a negative effect on health. It was just a really bad thing to do.
Report Charlie October 13, 2021 5:21 PM BST
Here's an idea for you: talk in plain English.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 13, 2021 5:22 PM BST
Lockdown was used for smallpox,
as was test and trace.

Hardly old as it was in use after ww2
Report Charlie October 13, 2021 5:24 PM BST
Telling millions of vulnerable people that there was a deadly virus being spread and then locking them in their homes  is clearly going to lead to increased stress and hence lower immunity and ultimately a negative effect on health. It was just a really bad thing to do.

So I take it you do think that the Tories were responsible for thousand of unnecessary deaths?
Report Cider October 13, 2021 5:24 PM BST
What are you on about. The CCP managed to get democracies around the world to follow their communist policies. Through propagand a. Are you seriously naive enough to think if covid had leaked from a lab in Spain for example, the world would be pursuing these ridiculous policies like they have been for the last 18 months?
Report truehoncho October 13, 2021 5:26 PM BST
I'd like to see the evidence for that. People with smallpox were isolated but I wasn't aware that healthy people were locked down.
Report Cider October 13, 2021 5:27 PM BST
We're even punishing kids to protect adults who are at the end of their life ffs. On top of that, it's a completely flawed concept!
Report tobermory October 13, 2021 5:28 PM BST
Lockdown was not part of any pandemic planning we had.

It was implemented simply because 'It worked in China'

Maybe tyranny and lies was what worked in China.
Report Charlie October 13, 2021 5:29 PM BST
The CCP managed to get democracies around the world to follow their communist policies.

Go on tell us their communist policies that democrasies followed?
Report Cider October 13, 2021 5:30 PM BST
And we caved in because everyone else had, under extreme political and media presuure, and our favourite soothsayer pantsdown fudged a model that claimed half a million could die.
Report truehoncho October 13, 2021 5:30 PM BST
So I take it you do think that the Tories were responsible for thousand of unnecessary deaths?  --  Yes. But not Tory dithering. Tory policy was responsible for thousands dying (maybe millions inn future) through not getting the the services they needed, particularly health services during lockdowns of vulnerable people.
Report Charlie October 13, 2021 5:32 PM BST
Yes. But not Tory dithering. Tory policy was responsible for thousands dying (maybe millions inn future) through not getting the the services they needed, particularly health services during lockdowns of vulnerable people.

I think you'll find that is Tory dithering.
Report Giuseppe October 13, 2021 5:37 PM BST
charlie obviously not one of the 35 arrested today for blocking roads in Essex
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 13, 2021 5:39 PM BST
The trumpers are out in force over failed
lockdown lies.
Report truehoncho October 13, 2021 5:44 PM BST
So I'm a Trumper now?? Do you sheep ever have a decent argument. I asked nicely for evidence of your last post which never transpired. Still some sort of sheep bleating is what should have been expected.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 13, 2021 5:51 PM BST
No dithering getting cash
paid out before inquiry..

REVEALED: Tory donor’s firm that landed £240m school laptop contracts agrees 400% jump in shareholder payout

https://t.co/RtwXjDwygc

Report cryoftruth October 20, 2021 11:29 AM BST
And as well as neglectful, dithering and incompetent, there is still the issue of stinking Tory sleaze.

The chickens are about to come home to roost with the attempts to stop us hearing the truth about the companies who benefitted from the generosity of the Tory spending of our money (not theirs, OURS) on PPE.

Now almost without thinking about it, it looks inevitable that when the Government discloses the information below,  there will be a stench of Tory sleaze so bad that even dung beetles will be running for cover.

From the excellent Good Law Project:

Good Law Project has successfully forced the Government to reveal the names of the 47 companies in the PPE VIP lane.

The Information Commissioner has ordered the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) to disclose the names of these 47 companies to us within 35 calendar days.

The Information Commissioner wrote in her decision earlier today:

“The DHSC has not disclosed the requested information, nor advised the Commissioner that it considers it is otherwise exempt by virtue of another exemption. The DHSC has therefore failed to comply with its obligations under FOIA.”

She also warned that “failure to comply may result in the Commissioner making written certification of this fact to the High Court pursuant to section 54 of the Act and may be dealt with as a contempt of court”.

The Immensa scandal – in which the UK Health Security Agency (UKHSA) found at least 43,000 people may have wrongly been given a negative Covid test result – is a powerful further reminder of the harm that can result to public health from opaque contracting arrangements with unsuitable counterparties.

As soon as the company names are shared with us, we will publish them.

Good Law Project will continue working to expose the staggering waste – and sleaze – of the £12.5bn PPE VIP bonanza.
Report Timber October 20, 2021 12:07 PM BST
The left don't make anything, all they do is teach, leach and fill meaningless bureaucratic roles
Most have never had a job in their life, like Steptoe Corbyn

Therefore ANY manufacturing company will be by default right wing/ tory voters

It's not a difficult deduction to make ffs
Report cryoftruth October 20, 2021 7:25 PM BST
And that Timber is complete tripe.

Plus a change.
Report Whisperingdeath October 20, 2021 7:26 PM BST
the left
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder