Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
PorcupineorPineapple
12 Oct 21 11:23
| Topic/replies: 39,326 | Blogger: PorcupineorPineapple's blog
No wonder that coward's legged it to Spain.
Pause Switch to Standard View Worst Public Health Failure Ever
Show More
Report lfc1971 October 12, 2021 4:37 PM BST
The big four in Europe and the most global ,Britain ,Germany , France , Italy , Spain ( that’s 5 :)
Are all much of a muchness
Report Charlie October 12, 2021 4:38 PM BST

Oct 12, 2021 -- 10:35AM, Charlie wrote:

lfc, the ultimate strawman.

yep

Report lfc1971 October 12, 2021 4:39 PM BST
Britain is unique and stands above all these countries in the factors that play into this
Report lfc1971 October 12, 2021 4:39 PM BST
In particular England
Report Charlie October 12, 2021 4:40 PM BST
Report Timber October 12, 2021 4:45 PM BST

Oct 12, 2021 -- 10:40AM, Charlie wrote:

Says Worzel Gummidge Laugh

Report Whisperingdeath October 12, 2021 4:45 PM BST
France is unique
Report Whisperingdeath October 12, 2021 4:46 PM BST
Germany is unique
Report Whisperingdeath October 12, 2021 4:47 PM BST
Italy is unique
Report Timber October 12, 2021 4:50 PM BST
Every country has people moaning about how their govt dealt with covid

Comparing countries is an exercise in futility
Report Whisperingdeath October 12, 2021 4:51 PM BST
We are discussing our own country's neglect and incompetence
Report Charlie October 12, 2021 4:52 PM BST
Yes, so tell lfc not to do it. Let's just concentrate on how bad Doris and co were.
Report Charlie October 12, 2021 4:53 PM BST
my reply was to the plank.
Report Timber October 12, 2021 4:53 PM BST

Oct 12, 2021 -- 10:51AM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

We are discussing our own country's neglect and incompetence

The inference is that every other country dealt with it spiffingly

Report Whisperingdeath October 12, 2021 4:57 PM BST
but we are unique and the greatest country in the World
Report impossible123 October 12, 2021 5:34 PM BST
UK were woeful at the outset ie extremely late closing its borders despite the Covid virus ravaging Europe; putting economic status before lives; allowing Europeans free movement and Asians visiting their homelands trying to evade Covid. I do not think the UK government believe or understand the deadly and damaging effects of Covid - they underestimated Covid.

But, UK were decisive and quick off the block and generous with the funding and develpment of vaccine.

The Europeans did not fare well either. They did not lockdown sufficiently quick; practising nationalism unilaterally; playing politic with AZ vaccine (because of Brexit); slow in vaccine procurement. They were indecisive and acted with self-interest.

All in all the majority of the senior politicians (UK and EU) eg Bojo, President Macron, Mrs Merkel, Von de leyen, etc, underestimted the deadliness of Covid. They were inept and complacent compared to their counterparts in Australasia and Asia. They were shysters!
Report Charlie October 12, 2021 5:47 PM BST

Oct 12, 2021 -- 11:34AM, impossible123 wrote:

UK were woeful at the outset ie extremely late closing its borders despite the Covid virus ravaging Europe; putting economic status before lives; allowing Europeans free movement and Asians visiting their homelands trying to evade Covid. I do not think the UK government believe or understand the deadly and damaging effects of Covid - they underestimated Covid. But, UK were decisive and quick off the block and generous with the funding and develpment of vaccine. The Europeans did not fare well either. They did not lockdown sufficiently quick; practising nationalism unilaterally; playing politic with AZ vaccine (because of Brexit); slow in vaccine procurement. They were indecisive and acted with self-interest.All in all the majority of the senior politicians (UK and EU) eg Bojo, President Macron, Mrs Merkel, Von de leyen, etc, underestimted the deadliness of Covid. They were inept and complacent compared to their counterparts in Australasia and Asia. They were shysters!

UK were woeful at the outset ie extremely late closing its borders despite the Covid virus ravaging Europe; putting economic status before lives; allowing Europeans free movement and Asians visiting their homelands trying to evade Covid. I do not think the UK government believe or understand the deadly and damaging effects of Covid - they underestimated Covid.

Entirely agree.

But, UK were decisive and quick off the block and generous with the funding and develpment of vaccine.
Not sure what you mean by decisive but we did get a vaccine.

As for the rest of your post, it's largely irrelevant to the UK. What you failed to say was what happened to carehomes, PPE, Doris shaking hands and I could add to the list but it's all been said before.

Report casemoney October 12, 2021 5:51 PM BST
poor old Kenny  , Hates the tories and the English what a shocking state to be in , Are all the SNP like that ?
Report Charlie October 12, 2021 5:52 PM BST
I should have added that it's not one mistake that made for an uneccesary disaster for the UK but all of them compounded.
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 5:53 PM BST
What you failed to say was what happened to carehomes . What happened to them in the Scotland , What happened in Ppain and Italy where hundreds were left dead in the homes for weeks Charlie ,was that the way to deal with it ?
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 5:55 PM BST
Soldeirs turned up to find homes full of the dead Charlie , because the staff ran for the hills , and who could blame them ?
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 5:57 PM BST
As I pointed out earlier Germany had 8000 dead 12 months ago , they now have 95,000  in the last 12 months, where a vaccine has been available for 7 of them , What went wrong there Charlie ?
Report sofiakenny October 12, 2021 5:58 PM BST
case do you have a problem understanding English?..more than once I have stated that I love my English pals but I hate corrupt vile tories.
You are full of nonsense and it seems quite clear you HATE Scotland and its people now do us all a favour and crawl back under your stone.ty.
Report Charlie October 12, 2021 5:58 PM BST

Oct 12, 2021 -- 11:53AM, casemoney wrote:

What you failed to say was what happened to carehomes . What happened to them in the Scotland , What happened in Ppain and Italy where hundreds were left dead in the homes for weeks Charlie ,was that the way to deal with it ?

I'm sure you don't understand that what happened in the UK wasn't the same as what happened in other countries. The OP is about the UK so concentrate on that.

Report casemoney October 12, 2021 5:58 PM BST
The Mob here have made mistakes , they are certainly not alone on that path .
Report Charlie October 12, 2021 6:00 PM BST
Casemonkey, you're becoming tiresome yet again, try and remember the OP.
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 6:02 PM BST
THE op is about bashing the Tories charlie  and is Wrong it is not the worse Public Health failure ever , have a look around the world Charlie get your blinkers off  , its a big old world . 

And BTW starmer stood by and said foook all about the Tories and how they were handling things , he was more than happy to keep the fook out of it .
Report politicspunter October 12, 2021 6:05 PM BST
Whataboutery, whataboutery, whataboutery...
Report Charlie October 12, 2021 6:07 PM BST
If you think it's about bashing the Tories then I would agree because it is the worst Public Health failure in the UK's history. That's it apart from Doris did a runner again.
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 6:08 PM BST
KENNY LaughLaugh  I have told you Pal I dislike the SNP  sorry you find that so upsetting  ,as for Pals  I have had many friends from the north of the border over the years , Not bams like you I may add .
Report truehoncho October 12, 2021 8:25 PM BST
The worst public health failure in history???? lol. It's barely the worst one since 2017/18.
Report tobermory October 12, 2021 8:54 PM BST
Opinion as fact presented as news.

A bunch of lockdown fanatic MPs who have spent 18 months moaning that we locked down too late have produced a report saying we locked down too late.
Report lfc1971 October 12, 2021 9:01 PM BST
Charlie doesn’t understand what a strawman is
If you want to be critical of Boris or the government you must then look at other similar countries
And ask what did they do and what decisions were made that were different and how did the outcomes differ
The answer is - nothing .
Report frog1000 October 12, 2021 9:02 PM BST
We will have to see what happens going forward.

But there is growing evidence that the lockdowns Boris chose to impose have cost the NHS and public health already with increased povety, inflation and cancer deaths.

Some are predicting 60,000 flu deaths this winter directly as a consequence as reduced immunity due to Boris' lockdown last year.

That is before the costs of inflation is added. A country cannot take a year off work and expect there to be no costs to public health.
Report TheBetterBettor October 12, 2021 9:33 PM BST
^^ trump says get china to pay for it
Report rothko October 13, 2021 10:32 AM BST
The government didnt take it seriously enough at first - Boris visiting hospitals and shaking hands etc. Caused many thousands of needless deaths
Think they were distracted as well as plotting how they could box off their mates and tory donors with PPE contracts and obviously randy Matt Hancock had other things on his mind.

This Government should be held accountable for its decisions and  to argue that there were other nations as sh5t as ours in the initial response is pretty pathetic
Report Charlie October 13, 2021 4:45 PM BST

Oct 13, 2021 -- 4:32AM, rothko wrote:

The government didnt take it seriously enough at first - Boris visiting hospitals and shaking hands etc. Caused many thousands of needless deathsThink they were distracted as well as plotting how they could box off their mates and tory donors with PPE contracts and obviously randy Matt Hancock had other things on his mind.This Government should be held accountable for its decisions and

Report Charlie October 13, 2021 4:46 PM BST
I'll agree with that.
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2021 5:12 PM BST
Remember a German mp at the time refusing to shake hands with Angela Merkel and keeping his hands to himself
And she threw her hands up and laughed
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2021 5:13 PM BST
Not sure if that cost thousands of lives
Report Charlie October 13, 2021 5:15 PM BST
Nobody is asking about Merkel.
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2021 5:16 PM BST
Then there were the European MPs , forget who ,
Who when discussing not shaking hands during a speech - promptly did so at the finish
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2021 5:17 PM BST
Just saying Charlie
Report Charlie October 13, 2021 5:17 PM BST
Nobody is asking about Merkel or other MEPs.
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2021 5:18 PM BST
I am
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 13, 2021 5:19 PM BST
Johnson thought he was princess diana
shaking hands with aids patients

Silly ****
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2021 5:21 PM BST
Yes there might have been an element of that , everyone was doing it at the time actually
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2021 5:22 PM BST
Not just Boris and Merkel - pretty much everyone
Report Whisperingdeath October 13, 2021 5:22 PM BST
What are you just saying lfc?
Report Whisperingdeath October 13, 2021 5:23 PM BST
What are you not saying lfc?
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2021 5:23 PM BST
Forgotten about that have we ?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 13, 2021 5:23 PM BST
Nobody was doing it
except silly **** johnson
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2021 5:25 PM BST
Everyone was doing it then - we stopped later
Report Whisperingdeath October 13, 2021 5:25 PM BST
The Fat One nearly died as a result of his stupidity and nobody did anything to stop him. Health and Safety Failure....Negligence again!
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 13, 2021 5:27 PM BST
Maybe you were doing it lfc

But those with brains were not.
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2021 5:28 PM BST
I stopped at the same time as you
Report Whisperingdeath October 13, 2021 5:29 PM BST
Press Conferences in small over crowded room with no PPE and no chance of Social Distancing. Even the speaker podiums were less than 1m apart.

Why would you trust any of these clowns including the Medico's to look after your health and Safety?
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2021 5:30 PM BST
I also wore a mask before it was mandatory
Report Whisperingdeath October 13, 2021 5:33 PM BST
Why lfc?

Why did you wear a mask?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 13, 2021 5:41 PM BST
Lots of folk wore masks before they
were mandated.

Pity the right wing knobheeds
decided to kill more folk by riling
against them
Report Whisperingdeath October 13, 2021 5:52 PM BST
My point is he knew the mask might protect him but he is defending the idiots who did not!
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 13, 2021 6:00 PM BST
He'll always defend them.

If Johnson murdered a puppy on facebook
they would just argue corbyn
would have done same.

Kind of up to us to spot the
concession
Report Whisperingdeath October 13, 2021 6:07 PM BST
Exactly and the only way to protect The NHS is to vote the Tories out!
Report rothko October 13, 2021 6:31 PM BST
they said that corbyn would take us back to the 1970's
Looks like Boris has managed that
im stocking up on candles for the blackouts
Report Whisperingdeath October 13, 2021 9:08 PM BST
I got 4Laugh
Report Esox October 13, 2021 10:03 PM BST
Shush you will start the panic buying.
Between you and I, I have stocked up on candles and a good book to read.
Not to mention the canned food and bog rolls.
Report Whisperingdeath October 14, 2021 12:02 AM BST
4 Candles

6 bags of jasmine rice today
Report rothko October 14, 2021 10:26 AM BST
no its handles for forks Laugh

if you've got kids as well as blackouts no new toys to play with at xmas
Report SirNorbertClarke October 14, 2021 12:51 PM BST
The main complaint is the government followed their scientific and health experts advice too much. They have a new phrase to bamboozle the public, Group Think!

Back last year I didn't hear too much disagreement on following SAGE advice in fact Sir Keir was ranting and raving for Boris to adhere to it more rigorously.

Personally I think grave mistakes were made; Keeping airports open, returning untested old people to care homes. Not making not wearing masks on public transport a criminal offence. but on all these points SAGE disagreed with me.
Report shiny new shoes please October 14, 2021 3:57 PM BST
Made tic tok videos Crazy Sad
Recite A Prayer for forgiveness
Report Johnny The Guesser October 14, 2021 6:23 PM BST
Let's all play at managing the pandemic with the benefit of hindsight.
Report truehoncho October 14, 2021 6:33 PM BST
Let's all play at managing the pandemic with the benefit of hindsight.  Good idea, we may then do it better next time.
Report Whisperingdeath October 14, 2021 6:50 PM BST
It is a pity that some of those in charge couldn't have shown some foresight!

Don't play that stupid hindsight ignorant rubbish. We all knew at the time that Doris did not have a clue what to do. He was on holiday with his bird ffs for 9 days in February!

We had Champions League football matches in Bergamo and Liverpool and The Cheltenham Festival before anybody in Government came to their senses and locked us down from MARCH 24th!

What hindsight did did you need by then to know what was coming?

Easier with the benefit of hindsight walofs! Incompetent buffoons not fit to lead out Country!
Report Whisperingdeath October 14, 2021 6:52 PM BST
Good idea, we may then do it better next time.

Operation Cygnus 2016

How is that for hindsight Johnny?
Report truehoncho October 14, 2021 7:02 PM BST
Its amazing really isn't it Whispering. Government bodies have been having these sorts of exercises for years. Makes you think they didn't want to do anything!
Report Whisperingdeath October 14, 2021 7:11 PM BST
They would probably have been told what to do by Civil Servants but were too scared to do anything.

People forget. When we lost the Falklands nobody knew what to do in Cabinet. It was a navy guy who suggesting how long it would take to build the Armada to retake the Falklands and the politico's got behind it.
Report sofiakenny October 14, 2021 8:19 PM BST
Ffs..They went for HERD IMMUNITY!!...they only changed course when it was obvious that our Hospitals COULD NOT cope with the carnage they inflicted on us and our loved ones.
Report Johnny The Guesser October 14, 2021 8:33 PM BST
It's all so easy afterwards , remember when a figure of possibly 20,000 deaths was mentioned ? - nobody believed them,  we all thought "don't be silly it won't be anywhere near that - just trying to scare us "
How wrong we all were.
Yes they made bad decisions , some real whoppers - Yes they were winging it on a daily basis - but nobody really knew what we were dealing with , everybody had and still has different opinions nobody would have got every call right.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 14, 2021 8:39 PM BST

Every lost life was as unimportant to the Tories as the current, needless slaughter of 1,000s of pigs…..

‘Government Could Have Saved More Than 100,000 Lives During Pandemic’, Says Former Chief Scientist

https://t.co/tHYb51GSpj
Report sofiakenny October 14, 2021 8:39 PM BST
FFS Johnny..don't you remember the Italians pleading with us to WISE THE F UP?
Report casemoney October 14, 2021 8:49 PM BST
So the Italians giving people Advice Kenny ?  One of the worse death rates in the world Worse than the UK so why didn't they follow their own advice ? Not quite sure what the point of Listening to the Italians would have been ? Perhaps you can Enlighten us on that point .
Report Johnny The Guesser October 14, 2021 8:50 PM BST
Even when we saw the reports from Italy , we didn't believe that that would happen here to that extent.

By the 10th March 2020 we had had 10 Covid deaths,  and some really believe the country should have been locked down before then.

Yes , worse was expected,  but over 100,000 dead ? Nobody saw that coming.
Report truehoncho October 14, 2021 8:52 PM BST
and some really believe the country should have been locked down before then. ---  what about all the haem that caused?
Report casemoney October 14, 2021 8:53 PM BST
What was the Advice given to us by Italy , tell your care home staff to Evacuate ?
Report sofiakenny October 14, 2021 8:53 PM BST
case..you don't have to prove you are a moron..I'm referring to the START of the pandemic in Europe The doctors in Bergamo were in tears imploring us to act..now kindly f.o...ty
Report truehoncho October 14, 2021 8:55 PM BST
The doctors in Bergamo were in tears imploring us to act  --  I think thats a little exaggerated. I have seen far worse than the images that came from Italy in UK hospitals due many winters.
Report truehoncho October 14, 2021 8:55 PM BST
The doctors in Bergamo were in tears imploring us to act  --  I think thats a little exaggerated. I have seen far worse than the images that came from Italy in UK hospitals due many winters.
Report casemoney October 14, 2021 8:57 PM BST
Listen you silly man , They have one of the worse death rates in the world  what advice were the rest of the world to follow from them ?

That there was a dangerous Virus , we Knew that , Did ferguson follow their care home advice ?
Report casemoney October 14, 2021 9:04 PM BST
You can have all the Advice in the World Kenny  , look at Germany 8,000 deaths after 6 months Nearly 100,000 now  hows that work out ?

Of course you will ignore that ,Yes the Tories got things wrong they are far from alone in the world of Co Vid  regarding that .
Report sofiakenny October 14, 2021 9:04 PM BST
What a plum you are case..Italy was infected from Wuhan and was the worst hit of major European countries at the outset..they do not have the massive advantage of being an island like we do..not surprised that you NEVER criticise your govt only the Scottish which any sane person will tell has handled the epidemic better than our stupid incompetent English cousins.
Report casemoney October 14, 2021 9:07 PM BST
No Italy wasn't BELGIUM was by far the worse ,YOUR MAKING IT UP AS YOU GO ALONG kenny .
Report sofiakenny October 14, 2021 9:09 PM BST
You witter on about Germany..they have around 1100 geaths per mill population the UK is around 2000 per mill...you are a clown like your hero Bozo.
Report casemoney October 14, 2021 9:39 PM BST
BOJO is not my Hero Kenny  , but he was certainly better than the Alternative at the Time , and nothing like Winding the old Lefties up Grin
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 14, 2021 9:54 PM BST

https://twitter.com/MaxMart45702532/status/1448681194078580748?s=19

Report Johnny The Guesser October 14, 2021 10:18 PM BST
That's what happens when you play hunt the virus better than your friends.
Report Whisperingdeath October 14, 2021 10:28 PM BST

Johnny The Guesser 14 Oct 21 19:50

Even when we saw the reports from Italy , we didn't believe that that would happen here to that extent.

By the 10th March 2020 we had had 10 Covid deaths,  and some really believe the country should have been locked down before then.

Yes , worse was expected,  but over 100,000 dead ? Nobody saw that coming.

This from the bloke who said Let's all play at managing the pandemic with the benefit of hindsight.

Priceless!

Even with hindsight you don’t have a clue! You should be part of this Government, you are qualified!
Report Johnny The Guesser October 14, 2021 10:35 PM BST
You make March 2020 decisions in March 2020 - you don't get a second chance 18 months later.
That's the real world.
Report Whisperingdeath October 15, 2021 1:27 PM BST
Not sure you are getting this Johnny.

The thread is titled Worst Public Health Failure Ever. Maybe it was and maybe it wasn’t but it is clear the Government response was awful. Even their own MP’s have said so. Why are you trying to defend their inaction?
Report Johnny The Guesser October 15, 2021 1:40 PM BST
I've already acknowledged that - I'm not sure what point you are making.
Report Whisperingdeath October 15, 2021 6:38 PM BST
37 people died unnecessarily because of the decision to stage the Champions League match between Liverpool and Atlético Madrid at Anfield on 11 March, just as the shutters were going down all over Europe.

The fools in charge would not have benefitted from the gift of hindsight!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com