Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elisjohn
12 Oct 21 06:10
| Topic/replies: 17,201 | Blogger: elisjohn's blog
CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry.

DC Comics reveals latest Superman as bisexual in new issue
The Man of Steel will be in a same-sex relationship while combatting the climate crisis and protesting against the deportation of refugees

Jonathan Kent, the new Superman, with love interest Jay Nakamura
Jonathan Kent, the new Superman, with love interest Jay Nakamura. Photograph: DC Comics
Benjamin Lee
Mon 11 Oct 2021 17.28 BST

Jonathan Kent, the new iteration of Superman, is bisexual, according to DC Comics.

The traditionally heterosexual superhero will embark on a same-sex relationship with a friend in a new comic. Kent, who is the son of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, started his tenure in July.

“The idea of replacing Clark Kent with another straight white savior felt like a missed opportunity,” Tom Taylor, the series writer, said in an interview with the New York Times.

His new love interest is Jay Nakamura, a reporter who cares for him after he “mentally and physically burns out from trying to save everyone that he can” in an issue of Superman: Son of Kal-El #5, to be released in November. Nakamura is also revealed to have special powers.

Advertisement
Kent’s sexuality is not the only way in which the character has been updated for a new audience and time. Recent issues have seen him protesting against the deportation of refugees, stopping a high school shooting and trying to put out wildfires that were the cause of the climate crisis.

“I’ve always said everyone needs heroes and everyone deserves to see themselves in their heroes and I’m very grateful DC and Warner Bros share this idea,” said Taylor in a statement. “Superman’s symbol has always stood for hope, for truth and for justice. Today, that symbol represents something more. Today, more people can see themselves in the most powerful superhero in comics.”

The news follows other recent attempts to add ****ness to the world of comics. In August, it was announced that the latest version of Robin would have a boyfriend while in March, Marvel also made the decision to pass the mantle of Captain America to a gay character.

But the big-screen worlds of Marvel and DC remain less progressive. Tessa Thompson’s character in Thor: Ragnarok was only revealed as bisexual in a tweet while Deadpool’s sexual fluidity has yet to be fully explored. This November’s Eternals is set to change things with the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s first LGBTQ+ kiss between Brian Tyree Henry’s Phastos, the first openly gay superhero in a Marvel movie, and Haaz Sleiman, who plays his husband.
Pause Switch to Standard View SUPERMAN IS BIXEXUAL
Show More
Report elisjohn October 12, 2021 6:58 AM BST
BISEXUALWhoops
Report Timber October 12, 2021 7:21 AM BST
The caped c0cksucker
Report Dr Crippen October 12, 2021 10:31 AM BST
Well he does wear his pants on top of his trousers.
Report wolf3011 October 12, 2021 11:33 AM BST
It puts a whole new meaning on " Now, kneel before Zod" . Dr Shola the shouty angry female dr will demanding superman producers remove his white privilege with a black actor soon
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 12, 2021 11:35 AM BST
Thought he was advertising shredded
wheat from header
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 12, 2021 11:39 AM BST
Offended by a kid's comic. Peak politics forum.
Report lux October 12, 2021 1:27 PM BST
A nice fat kryptonite dildo
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 1:33 PM BST
a kid's comic

NAIL ON THE HEAD PINEAPPLE , why would any young child need to know about homosexuality or any Sexuality for that matter ?
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 1:37 PM BST
I await your reply Pineapple , why does any child need to know that Supermans son is a homosexual Pineapple ?
Report edy October 12, 2021 1:40 PM BST
They know from a very young age that men and women can kiss. No damage done in showing them that men can love each other very much too.
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 1:40 PM BST
Shirley pansexual was the way forwrd ?

Is it a bird ? Is it a plane , NO ITS SUPERPAN !!
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 1:42 PM BST
A child doesn't know why two men are kissing Most children would be confused to see it happening , why is it in a childrens comic ?
Report edy October 12, 2021 1:44 PM BST
Does it really not?

What do you reckon a child thinks why men and women kiss, or why it is kissed by its parents (if you grow up in one of those weirdly loving families), why the child itself hands out kisses?
Report edy October 12, 2021 1:45 PM BST
Why do you furthermore seem to be ok with Clark Kent getting it on with Louis Lane if you are strictly against children knowing about sexuality?
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 1:46 PM BST
Parents should inform their Children regarding same sex relationships or It should be done in the classroom , Not in a comic book
Report edy October 12, 2021 1:48 PM BST
Are same sex relationships something bad or why should they, unlike opposite sex relationships, be told about differently?
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 1:49 PM BST
BECAUSE EDY IF MEN AND WOMEN DIDNT GET ON WITH as you call it with each other , You or I  would not be here , and in what issue number are Clark and Lois seen to be getting on ?
Report edy October 12, 2021 1:54 PM BST
No need for all caps, is there? By getting it on I meant kissing or otherwise a showing of affection. Maybe they got sexually explicit too, wouldn't really know. Never read a superhero comic book in all me life. If Clark Kent can be all loving towards Louis Lane, then his son can get all loving towards his Jay.

If you don't feel like answering the kissing question:

GET ON WITH as you call it with each other , You or I  would not be here

Are you one of those people afraid of humanity dying out if children see that it is ok hug and kiss a man? Imagine yourself....I assume you are somewhat straight. If you had been taught that same sex relationships are ok instead of an abomination, would that have made you all gay? If so, do you honestly think the same would have largely applied to the rest of your generation.
Report edy October 12, 2021 1:57 PM BST
*if male children see that it is ok to hug and kiss a man?
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 2:00 PM BST
Why is he not Pansexual ?
Report edy October 12, 2021 2:01 PM BST
That is a question I cannot answer. One you will have to ask the author if you are legitimately interested.

How about you answer a question for once btw?
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 2:07 PM BST
I have given you my answer EDY , its a comic book there is a time and place for sex education ,NOT IN COMIC books imo

1 in 20 people in the states are gay , why is there a need for their son to be gay ? and 7 year olds to be reading about it ?
Report edy October 12, 2021 2:12 PM BST
You have strictly evaded a whole bunch of questions.

1 in 20 people in the states are gay , why is there a need for their son to be gay ? and 7 year olds to be reading about it ?

Mostly because there are still some total weirdos about who seem to get offended by a comic book potentially going as far as showing that it's ok for a man to like another man.

One of the questions you evaded earlier: Why, exactly, are you of the opinion that showing opposite sex affection is perfectly ok, but showing same sex affection is not?

Which leads to another question you evaded: Are you one of those people who are afraid of everybody becoming gay and humanity dying out if children see in their comic books that it's ok for people of the same sex to be affectionate towards each other?
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 2:23 PM BST
I don't care who is gay or who is not ,I don't actually want to know who is gay or not ,I do not believe homosexuality will end the World .
Report edy October 12, 2021 2:31 PM BST
So the primary problem is that you think non-graphic, non-explicit showings of same sex affection should be strictly for sex education and children of younger ages must not know or ever encounter same sex affection?

....My sex education lessons in school were more into the advanced matters if I remember correctly.
Report edy October 12, 2021 2:32 PM BST
Whereas stylistically the same non-graphic, non-explicit showings of affection are ok in a comic book if it's a man and a woman?
Report Foinavon October 12, 2021 2:34 PM BST
The first time I saw two blokes kissing it was Brezhnev and one of his commie puppets, possibly Honecker on a newsreel. Fair turned me stomach it did.
You and me are the weirdos now Case for keeping our backs to the wall.
Report edy October 12, 2021 2:38 PM BST
You sure it was the kiss and not just Honecker being shown? Seeing him always turned stomachs. Didn't matter whether he kissed Brezhnev or his Margot.

Your final sentence does not fairly represent what I noted earlier btw.
Report Foinavon October 12, 2021 2:41 PM BST
Aw, didn't mean to upset you my treasure. Honecker was a bit of a tyrant or so I'm led to believe.
Report edy October 12, 2021 2:42 PM BST
I could never be mad at you for long, love! Love
Report Foinavon October 12, 2021 2:45 PM BST
I know, Cool
Report leif October 12, 2021 2:56 PM BST
Batman an Robin are pretty close.
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 12, 2021 3:02 PM BST

Oct 12, 2021 -- 7:37AM, casemoney wrote:

I await your reply Pineapple , why does any child need to know that Supermans son is a homosexual Pineapple ?

If it's ok for men to kiss women in comics then it's ok for men to kiss men imo. I'll await your many threads about your disgust at that.

Report casemoney October 12, 2021 3:06 PM BST
Where have I mentioned disgust ?   Why are men kissing each other in a Childrens Comic ,why do we have to expose children to Homosexuality at such a young age , there has also been many calls for the Male age of consent to dropped Why ?
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 3:07 PM BST
In what issue is Clark seen Kissing Lois anyway ?
Report edy October 12, 2021 3:15 PM BST

Oct 12, 2021 -- 9:07AM, casemoney wrote:

In what issue is Clark seen Kissing Lois anyway ?

Regardless of this being a disingenuous question from your side with no real interest: Plenty, judging by google results. They are even seen kissing passionately on many covers! ON COVERS! Three year olds can see that!

An assortment of covers with Superman kissing Lois Lane (and I think others....the old slimeball!) can be seen at e.g

https://comiclists.wordpress.com/tag/lois-lane/

Report casemoney October 12, 2021 3:26 PM BST
Report moisok October 12, 2021 3:27 PM BST
I am so glad that superman has joined our club.
Report edy October 12, 2021 3:29 PM BST
He isn't a troll with an inferiority complex towards Germany.
Report edy October 12, 2021 3:29 PM BST
I think...again, not a huge expert on Superman.
Report flat16 October 12, 2021 3:32 PM BST
Gender neutral toys next ,I remember when the Inner London Educ' Authority ,rolled out unisex sports instead of rugby/football or netball/hockey........it was like rounders with a beanbag ,both boys and girls hated it equally ,so it was deemed a success.
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 3:34 PM BST
I wonder if he has his Underpants on outside his tights while this kiss is taking place ?
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 3:36 PM BST
Woke progression Flat
Report flat16 October 12, 2021 3:47 PM BST
Progression : like sticking yourself to the motorway and blocking the road lol ,Queen and King...... Woke world , Megan and the hand bag dog rule but Londons the capital.
Report SontaranStratagem October 12, 2021 4:11 PM BST
No one buys them anymore, no one with a brain cell watches their movies anymore, no one with a brain cell listens to these idiots anymore

"progression" yet here we are talking about sexuality like its something new with these utter nobodies
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 12, 2021 4:20 PM BST

Oct 12, 2021 -- 9:06AM, casemoney wrote:

Where have I mentioned disgust ?

Report PorcupineorPineapple October 12, 2021 4:21 PM BST
So, you're comfortable with sexualised behaviour in comics, as long as it's heterosexual?
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 5:43 PM BST
I don't see the need to have men kissing in Childrens comics ,I am mot alone , 1 in 20 are gay in USA so it was 20-1 they had a gay son anyway so
why put it in ? What is the Need for it  ? Give me that answer  . There are plenty of gay people in the Media ,we have gay pride etc Why are we forcing it upon young children ? They will learn about sexuality when they are older ,What is the need to force homosexuality on to them in their
early years of life ? Many may not have seen Men kissing they would not understand,  infact it may well have a Negative effect on a young child ,what reaction are the people who published the comic expecting to get ?
Report edy October 12, 2021 5:57 PM BST
Always a bit lame to hide behind children when people just don't want to see it themselves.
Report edy October 12, 2021 6:03 PM BST
The children growing up with bisexual superman are not going to need mass therapy from the horror and confusion caused by it, unlike seemingly some of the older generation.
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 6:11 PM BST
Its my opinion EDY which I am entitled to , I am not homophopic and I live in a free country . Thankfully
Report dustybin October 12, 2021 6:25 PM BST
What absolute rubbish
You know how far they go just to attempt to be different that they create a gay character that always wears the same clothes?
Bo lox.
Report edy October 12, 2021 6:27 PM BST
No need to get so terribly defensive, casemoney.
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 12, 2021 7:56 PM BST
So you're happy to see men kissing women in kids' comics. Don't mind them learning about hetero sexuality. It's just the gay stuff you're against.

Yep, kids can learn about sex. Just as long as it's straight.

Thank god you're not homophobic. Phew.
Report mecca October 12, 2021 9:26 PM BST
It'll soon be Fred living with Barney... and Wilma & Betty living together next door.

The world's gone mad
Report edy October 12, 2021 9:51 PM BST
Maybe the world you grew up in was the mad one Shocked
Report Foinavon October 12, 2021 10:20 PM BST
There are different worlds living side by side and often overlapping. Should a minority interest prevail in kids literature or should it wait until they are more mature? There are plenty of examples of alternative lifestyles in literature for adults which people can discover at leisure. All kids have parents, some of whom still cohabit {at one time they virtually all did) so a kiss between parents would not shock whereas the sight of two males kissing intimately might. I'm not sure it's a good move by the publisher, it's doubtful in my mind that it will increase long term sales.
Report Foinavon October 12, 2021 10:27 PM BST
Here is an example for you edy (Moisok might like it too)

This article discusses the alternative lifestyle of Moncrieff in the context of his translation of Proust's epic novel.

https://www.newyorker.com/books/page-turner/how-a-flawed-version-of-proust-became-a-classic-in-english
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 11:03 PM BST
So you're happy to see men kissing women in kids' comics. Don't mind them learning about hetero sexuality.

Pineapple most children have Male and Female parents who kiss each other , Having two male parents who do the same is rare .. So most Children would find it unusual to see two men kissing each other ,so why put it in the Comic , WHAT IS THE NEED FOR IT ?

Why not have Superson or who ever the fook he is and a Crowd of Friends  with two women kissing each other ?
Report casemoney October 12, 2021 11:06 PM BST
Or Two men in a large Group , Why highlight this 20-1 chance that most kids will not understand ? WHY IS THERE A NEED FOR THIS ?
Report Foinavon October 12, 2021 11:13 PM BST
You never saw Dan Dare kiss the Mekon or Luck of the Legion kiss Corporal Trenet and a good thing too.
Report Capt__F October 12, 2021 11:28 PM BST
Flash Gordon bit Camp tho
Report lux October 12, 2021 11:32 PM BST
www.youtube.com/watch?v=x4EILv3kYKQ
Report Foinavon October 12, 2021 11:35 PM BST
Laugh
Report edy October 12, 2021 11:37 PM BST
All kids have parents, some of whom still cohabit {at one time they virtually all did) so a kiss between parents would not shock whereas the sight of two males kissing intimately might.

Why would it shock? It's two folks kissing. Children don't see it as foreplay to coitus or anything like that. There's lots of mothers that kiss their daughters. Lots of fathers and grandfathers that kiss their sons/grandsons. Lots of siblings that smooch each other. Folks who kiss their dogs and cats without it leading to beastiality (most of the time anyway...), but two grown men kissing is suddenly the weirdest, most sexualised thing in the world to children that shocks and sends them straight to therapy?
Report edy October 12, 2021 11:39 PM BST
Why not have Superson or who ever the fook he is and a Crowd of Friends  with two women kissing each other ?

Superwoman getting it on with batgirl would be cool?
Report leif October 12, 2021 11:45 PM BST
Wonderwoman and Superwoman

Could see wonderwoman wearing the strapon in that one.

Just a guess
Report Foinavon October 12, 2021 11:47 PM BST
There's kissing and there's kissing edy.

Did you hear about Superman strolling in the woods and seeing Wonder woman lying naked and moving suggestively? He rips off his tights and dives on her only the give the Invisible man a nasty shock.
Report wolf3011 October 12, 2021 11:50 PM BST
1.03 bananaman comes out as a chutney ferret by the end of the year
Report edy October 12, 2021 11:58 PM BST
I'm sure the responsible artists will respect the sensitivities of the parents and grandparents and make the kisses not all that graphic in order to not require the children to perform therapy on their family.
Report wolf3011 October 13, 2021 12:00 AM BST
I remember wonderwoman in the 1980s watching as a kid, those were the days- now you have superman dropping anchor in turd bay with general zod. Things really were better in the good old days in this case
Report elisjohn October 13, 2021 7:06 AM BST
cant  think of any worse thing that seeing 2 men snogging
Report Timber October 13, 2021 9:33 AM BST
I've said before legalising homosexuality and feminism have been catastrophic for western society

The depravities and filth in recent times, especially targeted towards kids is abhorrent

And no I'm not homophobic, it's just been a catalyst to the utter degradation of society
You ask a lot of gays and they hate this Pride/trans stuff
Report Timber October 13, 2021 9:36 AM BST
Some of the stuff on tik tok is off the Richter

If you are twitter, just take a look at this page

https://twitter.com/libsoftiktok
Report thegiggilo October 13, 2021 9:55 AM BST
What an utter tool you are ting tong..LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2021 10:03 AM BST
There is more of it about and there is more mental illness
make of that what you wish
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2021 10:12 AM BST
What might appear to be harmless , even good but unusual , can be unusual for a reason
Being ambidextrous eg might seem to be something to be admired , but it can be a sign of underlying problems that would never have been thought to be connected - they are significantly more likely to suffer from schizophrenia eg
Who would have thought that ?
Report Timber October 13, 2021 10:16 AM BST
We are allowing mentally ill people shape our society with their

Never forget John Wayne said it best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfqYb0ycGDU&ab_channel=VirtualMadWorld

Just look at this story that has been covered up by msm in America

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10083783/Loudoun-County-father-arrested-school-meeting-says-daughter-raped-boy-girls-bathroom.html
Report thegiggilo October 13, 2021 10:18 AM BST
Not Shirley..
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 13, 2021 11:18 AM BST
On the subject of "kids see men and women kissing as they have a mum and dad" - who the eff passionately snogs their partner in front of their kids?

Utterly weird behaviour imo.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com