Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
elisjohn
12 Oct 21 06:10
| Topic/replies: 17,201 | Blogger: elisjohn's blog
CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry.

DC Comics reveals latest Superman as bisexual in new issue
The Man of Steel will be in a same-sex relationship while combatting the climate crisis and protesting against the deportation of refugees

Jonathan Kent, the new Superman, with love interest Jay Nakamura
Jonathan Kent, the new Superman, with love interest Jay Nakamura. Photograph: DC Comics
Benjamin Lee
Mon 11 Oct 2021 17.28 BST

Jonathan Kent, the new iteration of Superman, is bisexual, according to DC Comics.

The traditionally heterosexual superhero will embark on a same-sex relationship with a friend in a new comic. Kent, who is the son of Clark Kent and Lois Lane, started his tenure in July.

“The idea of replacing Clark Kent with another straight white savior felt like a missed opportunity,” Tom Taylor, the series writer, said in an interview with the New York Times.

His new love interest is Jay Nakamura, a reporter who cares for him after he “mentally and physically burns out from trying to save everyone that he can” in an issue of Superman: Son of Kal-El #5, to be released in November. Nakamura is also revealed to have special powers.

Advertisement
Kent’s sexuality is not the only way in which the character has been updated for a new audience and time. Recent issues have seen him protesting against the deportation of refugees, stopping a high school shooting and trying to put out wildfires that were the cause of the climate crisis.

“I’ve always said everyone needs heroes and everyone deserves to see themselves in their heroes and I’m very grateful DC and Warner Bros share this idea,” said Taylor in a statement. “Superman’s symbol has always stood for hope, for truth and for justice. Today, that symbol represents something more. Today, more people can see themselves in the most powerful superhero in comics.”

The news follows other recent attempts to add ****ness to the world of comics. In August, it was announced that the latest version of Robin would have a boyfriend while in March, Marvel also made the decision to pass the mantle of Captain America to a gay character.

But the big-screen worlds of Marvel and DC remain less progressive. Tessa Thompson’s character in Thor: Ragnarok was only revealed as bisexual in a tweet while Deadpool’s sexual fluidity has yet to be fully explored. This November’s Eternals is set to change things with the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s first LGBTQ+ kiss between Brian Tyree Henry’s Phastos, the first openly gay superhero in a Marvel movie, and Haaz Sleiman, who plays his husband.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 80
By:
elisjohn
When: 12 Oct 21 06:58
BISEXUALWhoops
By:
Timber
When: 12 Oct 21 07:21
The caped c0cksucker
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 12 Oct 21 10:31
Well he does wear his pants on top of his trousers.
By:
wolf3011
When: 12 Oct 21 11:33
It puts a whole new meaning on " Now, kneel before Zod" . Dr Shola the shouty angry female dr will demanding superman producers remove his white privilege with a black actor soon
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 12 Oct 21 11:35
Thought he was advertising shredded
wheat from header
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 12 Oct 21 11:39
Offended by a kid's comic. Peak politics forum.
By:
lux
When: 12 Oct 21 13:27
A nice fat kryptonite dildo
By:
casemoney
When: 12 Oct 21 13:33
a kid's comic

NAIL ON THE HEAD PINEAPPLE , why would any young child need to know about homosexuality or any Sexuality for that matter ?
By:
casemoney
When: 12 Oct 21 13:37
I await your reply Pineapple , why does any child need to know that Supermans son is a homosexual Pineapple ?
By:
edy
When: 12 Oct 21 13:40
They know from a very young age that men and women can kiss. No damage done in showing them that men can love each other very much too.
By:
casemoney
When: 12 Oct 21 13:40
Shirley pansexual was the way forwrd ?

Is it a bird ? Is it a plane , NO ITS SUPERPAN !!
By:
casemoney
When: 12 Oct 21 13:42
A child doesn't know why two men are kissing Most children would be confused to see it happening , why is it in a childrens comic ?
By:
edy
When: 12 Oct 21 13:44
Does it really not?

What do you reckon a child thinks why men and women kiss, or why it is kissed by its parents (if you grow up in one of those weirdly loving families), why the child itself hands out kisses?
By:
edy
When: 12 Oct 21 13:45
Why do you furthermore seem to be ok with Clark Kent getting it on with Louis Lane if you are strictly against children knowing about sexuality?
By:
casemoney
When: 12 Oct 21 13:46
Parents should inform their Children regarding same sex relationships or It should be done in the classroom , Not in a comic book
By:
edy
When: 12 Oct 21 13:48
Are same sex relationships something bad or why should they, unlike opposite sex relationships, be told about differently?
By:
casemoney
When: 12 Oct 21 13:49
BECAUSE EDY IF MEN AND WOMEN DIDNT GET ON WITH as you call it with each other , You or I  would not be here , and in what issue number are Clark and Lois seen to be getting on ?
By:
edy
When: 12 Oct 21 13:54
No need for all caps, is there? By getting it on I meant kissing or otherwise a showing of affection. Maybe they got sexually explicit too, wouldn't really know. Never read a superhero comic book in all me life. If Clark Kent can be all loving towards Louis Lane, then his son can get all loving towards his Jay.

If you don't feel like answering the kissing question:

GET ON WITH as you call it with each other , You or I  would not be here

Are you one of those people afraid of humanity dying out if children see that it is ok hug and kiss a man? Imagine yourself....I assume you are somewhat straight. If you had been taught that same sex relationships are ok instead of an abomination, would that have made you all gay? If so, do you honestly think the same would have largely applied to the rest of your generation.
By:
edy
When: 12 Oct 21 13:57
*if male children see that it is ok to hug and kiss a man?
By:
casemoney
When: 12 Oct 21 14:00
Why is he not Pansexual ?
By:
edy
When: 12 Oct 21 14:01
That is a question I cannot answer. One you will have to ask the author if you are legitimately interested.

How about you answer a question for once btw?
By:
casemoney
When: 12 Oct 21 14:07
I have given you my answer EDY , its a comic book there is a time and place for sex education ,NOT IN COMIC books imo

1 in 20 people in the states are gay , why is there a need for their son to be gay ? and 7 year olds to be reading about it ?
By:
edy
When: 12 Oct 21 14:12
You have strictly evaded a whole bunch of questions.

1 in 20 people in the states are gay , why is there a need for their son to be gay ? and 7 year olds to be reading about it ?

Mostly because there are still some total weirdos about who seem to get offended by a comic book potentially going as far as showing that it's ok for a man to like another man.

One of the questions you evaded earlier: Why, exactly, are you of the opinion that showing opposite sex affection is perfectly ok, but showing same sex affection is not?

Which leads to another question you evaded: Are you one of those people who are afraid of everybody becoming gay and humanity dying out if children see in their comic books that it's ok for people of the same sex to be affectionate towards each other?
By:
casemoney
When: 12 Oct 21 14:23
I don't care who is gay or who is not ,I don't actually want to know who is gay or not ,I do not believe homosexuality will end the World .
By:
edy
When: 12 Oct 21 14:31
So the primary problem is that you think non-graphic, non-explicit showings of same sex affection should be strictly for sex education and children of younger ages must not know or ever encounter same sex affection?

....My sex education lessons in school were more into the advanced matters if I remember correctly.
By:
edy
When: 12 Oct 21 14:32
Whereas stylistically the same non-graphic, non-explicit showings of affection are ok in a comic book if it's a man and a woman?
By:
Foinavon
When: 12 Oct 21 14:34
The first time I saw two blokes kissing it was Brezhnev and one of his commie puppets, possibly Honecker on a newsreel. Fair turned me stomach it did.
You and me are the weirdos now Case for keeping our backs to the wall.
By:
edy
When: 12 Oct 21 14:38
You sure it was the kiss and not just Honecker being shown? Seeing him always turned stomachs. Didn't matter whether he kissed Brezhnev or his Margot.

Your final sentence does not fairly represent what I noted earlier btw.
By:
Foinavon
When: 12 Oct 21 14:41
Aw, didn't mean to upset you my treasure. Honecker was a bit of a tyrant or so I'm led to believe.
By:
edy
When: 12 Oct 21 14:42
I could never be mad at you for long, love! Love
By:
Foinavon
When: 12 Oct 21 14:45
I know, Cool
By:
leif
When: 12 Oct 21 14:56
Batman an Robin are pretty close.
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 12 Oct 21 15:02

Oct 12, 2021 -- 7:37AM, casemoney wrote:

I await your reply Pineapple , why does any child need to know that Supermans son is a homosexual Pineapple ?

If it's ok for men to kiss women in comics then it's ok for men to kiss men imo. I'll await your many threads about your disgust at that.

By:
casemoney
When: 12 Oct 21 15:06
Where have I mentioned disgust ?   Why are men kissing each other in a Childrens Comic ,why do we have to expose children to Homosexuality at such a young age , there has also been many calls for the Male age of consent to dropped Why ?
By:
casemoney
When: 12 Oct 21 15:07
In what issue is Clark seen Kissing Lois anyway ?
By:
edy
When: 12 Oct 21 15:15

Oct 12, 2021 -- 9:07AM, casemoney wrote:

In what issue is Clark seen Kissing Lois anyway ?

Regardless of this being a disingenuous question from your side with no real interest: Plenty, judging by google results. They are even seen kissing passionately on many covers! ON COVERS! Three year olds can see that!

An assortment of covers with Superman kissing Lois Lane (and I think others....the old slimeball!) can be seen at e.g

https://comiclists.wordpress.com/tag/lois-lane/

By:
casemoney
When: 12 Oct 21 15:26
By:
moisok
When: 12 Oct 21 15:27
I am so glad that superman has joined our club.
By:
edy
When: 12 Oct 21 15:29
He isn't a troll with an inferiority complex towards Germany.
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com