Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lapsy pa
11 Oct 21 22:01
| Topic/replies: 9,103 | Blogger: lapsy pa's blog
BestforBritain twitter,

Quite the admission on @thepolicyexchange Brexit panel.

The Protocol is being attacked not because it does not work but because it DOES, strenghtning North/South links. The urgency to dismantle it flows from the speed which businness is adjusting to it.

Well what a surprise!
You are given any ould **** in the UK to swallow and you do too.
Show More
Report lapsy pa November 10, 2021 6:55 PM GMT
All simply boils down to if NI is a 'success' it shows brexit for what it is(a crock o shyte) Scotland must surely be watching,they voted no.
Report brentford November 10, 2021 7:04 PM GMT
sky used to have tory leanings at one point...the idea that the BBC or some of the print media (guardian, independent)  are Tory supporters is just nonsense imo and I say that as someone that has never voted Conservative in my life..just in relation to such matters it was controversial legislation that forced the BBC to cease broadcasting Gerry Adams speeches not an editorial decision and most moderates (not strongly affiliated to either major UK party)  would accept that the beebs (the most important in terms of viewership) output is very middle ground with a hint of left
Report lapsy pa November 10, 2021 7:21 PM GMT
That is not unfair re Gerry Adams and the beeb,i understand it,there was sadly bombings in Britain itself which had nothing really to do with the average British person,however the beeb are only giving a mouthpiece now to Donaldson,the dup et al, they are practising double standards as the dup are the political wing of UVF,UDA.

So is this to facilitate the Torys and their aims? Talk of funding and all that.
Report brentford November 10, 2021 7:28 PM GMT
nothing really to do with the average British person  -

when they attempted to bomb the theatre during a military band concert within spitting distance of me, trust me it was lapsy..

regarding coverage of the DUP they (BBC) have to operate within set parameters of coverage of key or ruling parties which often includes and has included key republican figures getting their equivalent air time even in eras even when that was still more controversial...obviously the Major/Blair relations were far better both with Ireland and Republican NI...and that has now rightly removed controversy for most...
Report lapsy pa November 10, 2021 7:37 PM GMT
I didn't mean it as you took it Brentford,i meant British people suffered who were nearly unanimous in agreeing NI was Irish and a lot sympathised,i understand the reasons for the bombings but it was plain wrong it happenened there.Fwiw my windows shook something else with Canary Wharf.

I see very little from the majority getting any coverage.
Report brentford November 10, 2021 7:48 PM GMT
The truth Lapsy is that most people in Britain have no concept of the whole issue of NI so are rarely worth a token nod regarding their outlook..
NI itself I suspect conveniently is largely kept of British news to an almost ridiculous extent..

The DUP limelight was obviously increased by what any of us with sensitivities to the success of the Anglo-Irish agreement was an absolute abomination when May required their support to achieve credible (no not credible) governance not to mention Arlene's refusal to resign over the energy crisis...but on the more regional stuff it doesn't actually get much airtime...the Stormont stuff gets plenty on BBC Parliament and gets to speak for itself for anyone interested but really the only recent extra NI stuff has had legitimate coverage increase directly related to story profile.
Report peckerdunne November 10, 2021 7:54 PM GMT
Business across the divide mostly very happy with present situation, other than a tiny

minority.

It's painfully clear they now see business as a whole island issue, moving forward with prosperity and joint cooperation.

As Pa says, the genie is out now and it ain't going back.
Report lapsy pa November 10, 2021 8:10 PM GMT
To an outsider it is a bit of a headwreck Brentford,the whole lot stems from unionists trying to keep their 'supremacy' at the expense of Catholics,time for a change of simple equality,the North have agreat opportunity.
I still believe my op is correct,a prospering NI and a floundering UK with brexit,the Scots will rightly have the mads.The Torys are destroying the UK. Congrats on your football team,they came from nowhere.

Hello PD,hope all good with yourself.
Report peckerdunne November 10, 2021 8:25 PM GMT
All good Pa thanks, going to the match tomo, should be good craic, bar  inis mor last month with wife and son, first real social outing in a very long time.

Keep well Pa, all you got, health and family.
Report lapsy pa November 10, 2021 8:37 PM GMT
I hope to be over this time next month with Mrs Lapsy PD,really looking forward to it and hope things stay stable at the v least. Enjoy the match and throw a few fecks at Ronaldo for me please Grin
Report HallGreenSpy November 10, 2021 8:49 PM GMT
Can't read through all the thread, but if someone could please give me a synopsis including what NIP means, no offence pa, I would be very grateful.
Report Jumping-cuckoo-monk November 10, 2021 8:53 PM GMT
googles it = ninjas in pyjamas Shocked
Report lapsy pa November 10, 2021 9:03 PM GMT
Hello HGS,NIP= Northern Ireland Protocol.

NI remains in Eu single market
NI remains in UK for administrative,lecal and customs purposes.

Goods from GB to NI are subject to checks by NI inspectors, no custom duty paid obv.

Think that's it,do you want Peckerd to throw some fecks at Ronaldo too?
Report HallGreenSpy November 10, 2021 9:24 PM GMT
Evening lapsy, hope you are well. They can throw what they like at Ronaldo for all I care! Laugh

Will be a mess for a while yet, but the crux of it is, the UK are out of the EU!
Report lapsy pa November 10, 2021 9:37 PM GMT
Thanks v much,i'm fine HGS, i,m not saying anything about being out of the EU,you held a referendum and acted on the results,i understood it in part.

It isn't a good thing though for the UK,sovereignty and onions aren't a good mix,Frosts carry on with wanting to suspend the NI part of brexit is ludicrous,if you are out,be out and do it properly,the EU will respond by a likely trade war,it will be messy and will only hit those who cannot afford it.
Report Wallflower November 10, 2021 9:39 PM GMT
Will be a mess for a while yet, but the crux of it is, the UK are out of the EU!.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That is incorrect. the "crux of it", as it happens is that the UK is not out of the EU. GB is out of the EU.
Report HallGreenSpy November 10, 2021 9:42 PM GMT
Like I said, a mess but does it really have to be? Things will move on, they always have.
Report HallGreenSpy November 10, 2021 9:43 PM GMT
That was for pa lapsy. Sorry wallflower, have I missed summat?
Report lapsy pa November 10, 2021 9:43 PM GMT
This may yet go Scotlands way Wallflower,everyone knows the pack of lies re trade,the world is watching and i think fairly united.
Report lapsy pa November 10, 2021 9:46 PM GMT
HGS i have given links for the meeting with policyuk,they are v afraid of NI being a 'success'
Report HallGreenSpy November 10, 2021 9:49 PM GMT
'success' meaning? I personally wish all of Ireland success, just like UK, GB or whatever people like to call it. Happy
Report Wallflower November 10, 2021 9:51 PM GMT
HallGreenSpy 10 Nov 21 21:43 
That was for pa lapsy. Sorry wallflower, have I missed summat?
----------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know.  The Northern Ireland protocol effectively keeps NI in the EU ( for trade and services ).  A good deal for them as they are both in EU (haven't left) and UK.

So really only GB has left the EU, not the UK.

Although a good deal the 'crux' of the matter is that unionists in NI don't like it - for political reasons.

But don't what you seem to be missing?
Report lapsy pa November 10, 2021 9:53 PM GMT
I know you do,you are a gentleman. The UK is in the height of trouble,huge debt,-4% of GDP whereas covid was -2%,exports plummeting,i am saying what i truthfully believe HGS that there is an almighty cover up .
Report brentford November 10, 2021 9:55 PM GMT
what are you putting Germany's current troubling economic trends down to Lapsy ?
Report brentford November 10, 2021 9:59 PM GMT
crippled by supply shortages currently that some would have had us believe was purely a Brexit thang
Report lapsy pa November 10, 2021 10:03 PM GMT
I don't know much about it tbh Brentford,i know you are saying it for a reason and i'll listen to that however,£2 trillion+ debt,worse than what the lads were laughing at the Italians about,exports gone pete tong, the news list is huge,shtty rivers,chronic key labour shorages,supply problems,lorry drivers,agriculture,sleaze,inflation,fuel, it is a long list,you hear about it,the sheet will hit the fan, when?
Report HallGreenSpy November 10, 2021 10:03 PM GMT
I refer back to moving on and being ok. I'm sure we all will be. Will take a while though.
Report brentford November 10, 2021 10:08 PM GMT
I'm just saying it for context Lapsy, many of the issues that were being attached with 'Brexit' are being seen throughout economies, especially European and Western ones,
I don't doubt Brexit has a part to play in increasing risk to those factors especially in the short term...but as neither a supporter or endorser of it I do find the headlines of convenience on both sides tiresome (and that's certainly not aimed at you incidentally)
Report lapsy pa November 10, 2021 10:13 PM GMT
Probably HGS,some will struggle mightily(remember we will all prosper mightily?)still being made a fool of by blatant liars sticks in the graw.

You are correct Brentford in a lot of issues are down to covid though many merge,however i do think things are heading downhill and would be confident in 3/4 months time to bump this, i sincerely hope this 'NIP' doesn't get silly.
Report HallGreenSpy November 10, 2021 10:19 PM GMT
There was repeated lies and scaremongering on both sides. Bottom line is we have what we have and for all sides again, we have to move on.
Report lfc1971 November 28, 2021 8:29 AM GMT
Britain should now remove itself from any further talks on the protocol
until the French start to behave responsibly and accept Britains necessary
and vital suggestions on the migrant crisis
Over to you EU .
Report lapsy pa November 28, 2021 10:19 AM GMT
The trouble with those 'suggestions' were they came across as one sided and dictating without any consultation with the French. If relations were better they may well have been applied.

You signed the protocol and agreed to it,you are getting 'tweaks' i can't see why you are complaining unless of course it was such a shiite deal and you regret it and are trying to nullify it.

It would be disastrous for the UK if they are silly enough now to trigger art 16,they are told the implications,over to you to make what you signed actually work.
Report lfc1971 November 28, 2021 11:06 AM GMT
Lp when someone comes into England illegally from France
that’s where they should be sent back to
There’s nothing to discuss
Unless of course the French are happy to see more deaths
Report lfc1971 November 28, 2021 11:09 AM GMT
No more talks withthe EU regarding the protocol
Unless and until this matter is resolved
Report LoyalHoncho November 28, 2021 11:50 AM GMT
They don't come in to England, they come into the UK.  Where they land is usually in England.
"until the French start to behave responsibly and accept Britains necessary
and vital suggestions on the migrant crisis"

Suggestions like UK Police working on French beaches!  Is Johnson totally delusional or seriously all-out to create an incident of utter disrespect to the French, presumably to drag press and media attention away from all his other shortcomings?
What a clown of a man he is.
Report lfc1971 November 28, 2021 12:10 PM GMT
When the dinghies start landing in Scotland let me know
Until then pipe down , cheers
Report lfc1971 November 28, 2021 3:36 PM GMT
It really is baffling why snp voters think they have the right to
stick their noses into British affairs
They don’t !  keep your nebs out
Report lapsy pa November 28, 2021 9:40 PM GMT
The meeting went ahead without a British representative and just EU heads,it seems as if it was very productive and they are monitoring the shores of Northern France with a surveillance plane 24/7.

Good idea by the EU.
Report Giuseppe November 28, 2021 9:43 PM GMT
"Britain should now remove itself from any further talks on the protocol
until the French start to behave responsibly and accept Britains necessary "

how about you stop stealing 50 billion euro submarine contracts from the French first

maybe then the French will help you
Report Giuseppe November 28, 2021 9:45 PM GMT
who could have predicted problems in Anglo-French relations after that?

I'm sure Macron has forgotten all about it
Report lfc1971 November 29, 2021 9:34 AM GMT
I don’t want to have good relations with the French , I prefer the submarine contracts

Now about those deaths in the channel ....
Report lapsy pa November 29, 2021 9:40 AM GMT
What about them Lfc? One of the survivors rang the UK for help when the boat was going down and was told to ring the French(Daily Mail), big questions with this still.
Report lapsy pa November 29, 2021 9:57 AM GMT
No wonder you fooked off,who would want any of your government trying to solve anything when they are so busy wrecking the UK?
The EU 'standards' were shown when South African passengers were tested on arrival,your standards were as per usual substandard,let them waltz through, tell the saps like yourself how quick they have been to react and good enough for you.
Report brentford November 29, 2021 10:03 AM GMT
a bit harsh that lapsy, compared to previous occasions the travel restrictions were pretty quick off the mark and most countries have shown you're only delaying the inevitable when it comes to new variants anyway...they are largely incompetent but not sure I'd share your criticism on a handful of entries..
Report lfc1971 November 29, 2021 10:03 AM GMT
Just a minute lp , where and when have I disagreed with you on covid ?
I wouldn’t be testing flights from Africa - I wouldn’t be letting them into England
Report lfc1971 November 29, 2021 10:10 AM GMT
Now I haven’t read or heard anything regarding that in the mail
What I do know , and you should know , is that Britain will not allow anyone to drown
in the channel if they can be saved
Report lapsy pa November 29, 2021 10:10 AM GMT
Brentford i would like to know the 'true' date when this variant was known as a threat,sure i read it was actually the previous week,i can't provide a link though. When you have the Dutch being proreactive by testing them coming off the plane and the UK response of running after them after letting them swan around bars,workplaces etc there is something wrong,it is all done after the horse has bolted.
Report lfc1971 November 29, 2021 10:15 AM GMT
Where any other countries testing apart from the Dutch ?
When and where ?
Report lfc1971 November 29, 2021 10:16 AM GMT
Germany , France , Spain , Ireland ....
Report brentford November 29, 2021 10:16 AM GMT
But even if you get completely on top of it and prevent it's initial spread by travel bans successfully and immediate quarantine etc...unless you ban travel indefinitely you'll still get a wave of it further down the line ... I agree with slowing it especially while some unknowns but it's largely been shown that stopping it isn't an option unless we want to be a genuinely isolated island for ever more...
Report lapsy pa November 29, 2021 10:16 AM GMT
The quote from the migrant in the mail;

'We told the French police our boat was sinking.They said we were in British waters,so we rang the British,they told us to call the French'
Report lfc1971 November 29, 2021 10:17 AM GMT
Were they in French waters and how were they saved ?
Report lapsy pa November 29, 2021 10:24 AM GMT
I understand that and appreciate your point Brentford,however when 'they' tell me how fast they acted it is to me a direct consequence of ineptitude.
Report lapsy pa November 29, 2021 10:28 AM GMT
They were in French waters Lfc,however their calls for help weren't acted on,it was a mess and their plea wasn't acted on.
Report lfc1971 November 29, 2021 10:28 AM GMT
When did they start testing for this passengers from
Africa for this variant in the south of Ireland lp?
Report brentford November 29, 2021 10:28 AM GMT
well that' a given Lapsy, with the head clown and his assortment of hangers on, frauds, chums etc Grin

weakest front bench in history regardless of your politics for many ...though the opposition aren't much stronger...
Report lfc1971 November 29, 2021 10:29 AM GMT
So the French were responsible yet again
Report lapsy pa November 29, 2021 10:32 AM GMT
Not necessarily Lfc,it seems the few hours current brought the boat back towards France,that bit is unclear.
Report lfc1971 November 29, 2021 10:32 AM GMT
When a distress call comes into France or England
It should be acted upon immediately and both the French and English authorities should know
and be in touch and operate together with each other
This whole situation is madness
Report lapsy pa November 29, 2021 10:33 AM GMT
Ireland has no direct flights to SA Lfc afaik.
Report lfc1971 November 29, 2021 10:35 AM GMT
Ah but they do have travellers travelling by plane from s Africa to Ireland
Report lfc1971 November 29, 2021 10:40 AM GMT
By the way as I said I agree with you anyone travelling into England should be tested
Report lapsy pa November 29, 2021 10:40 AM GMT
Yes of course Lfc,we can only hope they went through Schipol and not Heathrow.
Report lfc1971 November 29, 2021 10:43 AM GMT
Lol
Report lapsy pa November 29, 2021 10:47 AM GMT
Anyway hopefully this variant is not a lot to worry about which seems v possible and the more optimistic views citing it may actually be a good thing.
Report Giuseppe November 29, 2021 2:32 PM GMT
"I don’t want to have good relations with the French , I prefer the submarine contracts

Now about those deaths in the channel .... "

2 + 2 = ?

Boris reneges on NIP that he signed up to (did he actually read it?)

steals 50 billion euro contract

publishes letter in a newspaper

lol and you are surprised the French are annoyed? what is this, amateur hour?
Report Giuseppe November 29, 2021 2:34 PM GMT
why would you want good relations with France?

it's not like they are your next door neighbour, second most powerful country in NATO that you have worked with in Syria and Mali, a major tarding partner and the country that control the flow of migrants across the channel
Report lfc1971 November 29, 2021 2:51 PM GMT
Well if the French are prepared to put the lives of women and children at risk
because they are sulking about losing a contract to a better bid that tells us all we need to know about the French
And the EU
That is on their conscience and should mean they face a crimes against humanity charge at time in the future
Report Giuseppe November 29, 2021 2:53 PM GMT
France isn't forcing those migrants to get into the dinghies

maybe the UK needs to look at why the migrants prefer the UK to France in the first place
Report lfc1971 November 29, 2021 2:57 PM GMT
Women and children dying Giuseppe they are leaving from France
That’s the responsibility of the French government and the EU
Report Giuseppe November 29, 2021 3:04 PM GMT
bollocks

they aren't EU citizens
Report lfc1971 November 29, 2021 3:04 PM GMT
And if it is linked to the submarine contracts - then that is murder
Report Giuseppe November 29, 2021 3:05 PM GMT
is Boris so ****g thick that he thought there wouldn't be consequences in terms of cooperation after the submarine fiasco?
Report lfc1971 November 29, 2021 3:05 PM GMT
Well the French gov and the EU are already complicit in murder regardless
Report lfc1971 November 29, 2021 3:08 PM GMT
A war crimes court decides these things in times of extreme
But not in peacetime , no excuses  , - that makes it a crime in peacetime against humanity
Report lfc1971 November 29, 2021 3:13 PM GMT
It’s been a while since we had to introduce such trials in Europe , it’s been some time ...
Report Giuseppe November 29, 2021 3:15 PM GMT
how many of those submarine deals is Britain even getting?

most are probably going to the US
Report Giuseppe November 29, 2021 3:16 PM GMT
Joe probbaly couldn't belive Boris went along with it
Report lapsy pa November 29, 2021 10:52 PM GMT
Northern Irelands economy is just 0.3% off 2019 economic output levels,so what you say,have a look at the rest of the UKs economic output levels and compare,

West Midlands -10%
Scotland and South East -6%,North East -4%,
London,Wales -2%

Huge problems in the UK but NI is despite the trade suffering mantra is doing really well in comparison.
Report LoyalHoncho November 30, 2021 1:55 AM GMT
Is that what the B Specials did in Belfast in the 60's and 70's lfc1971 - "help to make things run smoothly"?
There are none so blind as those who simply will not see.
Report lfc1971 December 1, 2021 8:50 AM GMT
When you consider the nature of the IRA’s terrorist campaign
the startling thing is that any reprisals were not more widespread and endemic
And that the country never descended to that
Report lapsy pa December 1, 2021 9:10 AM GMT
Poor bait Lfc,just be happy that the Northern part of the United EU Island of Ireland is prospering,sin a bhfuil!
Report Giuseppe December 1, 2021 3:09 PM GMT
the IRA campaign which didn't target civilians?
Report lfc1971 December 2, 2021 3:09 PM GMT
EU say they might move unilaterally on medicines to NI , lol
no ones fooled by that
listen you muppets that’s what we have been telling you to do
Get on with it .
Report lapsy pa December 2, 2021 3:37 PM GMT
lol @ Penny Mordant,she thinks the US steel tariffs have nothing to do with the NIP!
Report lfc1971 December 2, 2021 3:40 PM GMT
Trump put those tariffs in place,quite rightly
Report lapsy pa December 2, 2021 3:42 PM GMT
Weren't the tariffs removed from the EU a few months ago and kept in place for the UK?

Mary Lous visit working wonders!
Report lfc1971 December 2, 2021 3:47 PM GMT
Some products , it’s best to get the correct deal for all products
That’s more important .
Report lfc1971 December 2, 2021 3:49 PM GMT
Don’t forget if the trade deal with the EU breaks down
That’s tariffs between the south of Ireland and U.K.Cool
Report lapsy pa December 2, 2021 3:49 PM GMT
You are getting nothing off anyone and won't be until you behave yourselves,you will be made see it.
Report lfc1971 December 2, 2021 3:50 PM GMT
The EU are in a bit of a bind now aren’t they
If they don’t want to threaten the gfa
Report lfc1971 December 2, 2021 3:51 PM GMT
Lol
Report lfc1971 December 2, 2021 3:54 PM GMT
Biden can maintain his tariffs as long as he wants
And Britain can continue to impose art 16-
In place for the last year , no problem
Report lapsy pa December 2, 2021 3:59 PM GMT
The BBC are reporting that Penny Mordant is saying it has nothing to do with the NIP,while a US official is saying that issue is due to triggering art 16.(source RTE)

Someone is lying,someone is also colluding with the lies,is this good enough for a country? How can 'they' get away with it?
Report Giuseppe December 2, 2021 3:59 PM GMT
von der leyen is a liability

way out of her depth

she's not even ministerial-quality never mind president of the commsssion
Report lfc1971 December 2, 2021 4:03 PM GMT
One step at a time lp , ignore Biden
If he wants to talk tariffs that’s fine but it’s not important
Britain has s trade surplus with America as things stand
Report Wallflower December 2, 2021 4:48 PM GMT
lfc1971 02 Dec 21 15:49 
Don’t forget if the trade deal with the EU breaks down
That’s tariffs between the south of Ireland and U.K.
------------------------------------------------------

Never happening.  UK is in a bind.  Bluster can only go so far.  US have just told us what's what. EU making decisions and ignoring us.

Macron called it out. Johnson's all sweetness and light, says he has to play to public opinion. Macron is weary of the nonsense  "circus".

The end result is UK will just be ignored insated of the current tolerance being shown.
Report Wallflower December 2, 2021 4:50 PM GMT
I mean lets face it.......  what on earth can UK do to have any impact on Eu or US?  None.

All cards are played..... except use NI (which is in a great position) to the detriment of its citizens. Wont do it - too risky. Busted flush basically.
Report lfc1971 December 2, 2021 4:53 PM GMT
NI can’t lose no matter what happens , things can of course be improved
So I’m afraid there’s nothing the EU can do about that
Report lfc1971 December 2, 2021 4:55 PM GMT
They have already made concessions - strange that if the EU and America is so powerful
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com