Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
lfc1971
11 Oct 21 10:16
| Topic/replies: 55,496 | Blogger: lfc1971's blog
Beginning to think it’s time to scrap the NHS this shambles can’t go on
Pause Switch to Standard View Average GP is working a 3 day week
Show More
Report lfc1971 October 11, 2021 10:34 AM BST
Went to the dentist ( nhs ) a couple of weeks ago for the first time since Covid
Everything was fine apart from a cleaning and the dentist said that couldn’t be done now but a new appointment
How is that efficient !
Then was told they were introducing a dental plan with the implications that they couldn’t afford nhs
What’s going on anyone know what options or is it a case of trying to find a new nhs dentist ?
Report wolf3011 October 11, 2021 10:40 AM BST
Go private , NHS dentistry is 3rd world standard- many can't get one at all
Report lfc1971 October 11, 2021 10:43 AM BST
I would do that wolf but I prefer the nhs and dentristy to be the nhs
If something like this becomes focused on profit it can be a worry - what motivates treatment
Report wolf3011 October 11, 2021 10:47 AM BST
The thing is LFC, even on the NHS you will have to pay for most treatments with dentistry so you're paying for the time they take and quality of work going private although it can be a lottery. I haven't had a face to face appointment with my GP for years, many use covid now as an excuse just to not bother at all
Report lfc1971 October 11, 2021 10:47 AM BST
The problem is with doctors and dentists there is combination of nhs and private within the same practice
That should be separated imo
Report lfc1971 October 11, 2021 10:49 AM BST
Yes , just read your post .. that is the crux of it
Report lfc1971 October 11, 2021 10:53 AM BST
Well I have an appointment for December to get slight staining cleaned ! lol
It’s so unbelievable when you see it like that
Report Dr Crippen October 11, 2021 10:53 AM BST
They've been lying to us for decades about the NHS.
National treasure indeed. More like a career vehicle for doctors and management.
And nurses too if they want it.

Anybody who uses the NHS regularly can see it's useless and full of self-serving people.
Report lfc1971 October 11, 2021 10:56 AM BST
Then will have to sign up for dental plan or not
Not really sure they are very vague at times these people
Report lfc1971 October 11, 2021 10:57 AM BST
£ 13 a month
Report saddo October 11, 2021 11:00 AM BST
Many people been paying hundreds a month in National Insurance for the last two years, got nowt but covid injections for it. The NHS has been revealed as a national disgrace.
Report wolf3011 October 11, 2021 11:00 AM BST
Regarding dentistry, if a tooth needs a root canal to save it many NHS dentists go down the extraction route for time/money reasons. Teeth are one of the worst things for having regenerative ability unlike other body parts so if you get a bad dentist it can literally have life changing consequences down the road with eating problems/ pain etc as teeth have little ability to fix themselves if the pulp/nerve is affected.
Report lfc1971 October 11, 2021 11:01 AM BST
The check up ( nhs ) cost £7
That’s the total cost since before the last app shortly before Covid
Report wolf3011 October 11, 2021 11:01 AM BST
My last root canal including crown was over a grand
Report lfc1971 October 11, 2021 11:03 AM BST
Oh for heavens sake that is crazy
Report lfc1971 October 11, 2021 11:12 AM BST
I had to laugh , took my mother  ( she’s 91 ) to the dentist a few years ago
Sat in the waiting room and Mum came to the reception after treatment and paid
As we were leaving I thought  something wasn’t right and asked what’s wrong Mum
Mum shook her head She said that dentist wanted to take a tooth out and I don’t have any pain
She jumped off the dentists chair and ran out Laugh

We found a new dentist and ashes firca check up - Mums teeth were fine ( I went in with her as the dentist did her check up )
That was about 3 years again
Report lfc1971 October 11, 2021 11:16 AM BST
The new dentist did an x ray and said one of the teeth had a littke chip or something that may cause problems later
She more or less asked Mum and myself what we might do
And we came to the conclusion if she was happy to leave it
No problems so far
Report Foinavon October 11, 2021 11:18 AM BST
I had some rather urgent dental work last week, had to wait three weeks for the appointment.
The dentist made a temporary repair, did an x-ray and I have to go back next month. Already paid some money and will have to pay again.
My wife tried to make an appointment with the GP this morning. She sat on the phone for half an hour only to be told there were no appointments and to phone back tomorrow. The system has gone to pot post covid and needs sorting out. In contrast, the optician contacted me to have an eye test, everything was quick and easy but they are a private company wanting to sell me something and reliant on providing a service, not the case with our state monopoly NHS which expects more and more of our tax money while providing a much reduced service.
Report wolf3011 October 11, 2021 11:18 AM BST
Many of them recommend extraction as a default setting, a bit of pain and they pull them instead of taking time to properly address the problem. What people don't realise is often the point of bite alters after even one extraction putting strain on other teeth disproportionately causing issues for them where there previously weren't any opening a pandoras box of problems.
Report lfc1971 October 11, 2021 11:22 AM BST
I still laugh every time I think of Mum jumping  off the dentists chair and running out when told she was going to have a tooth out
Telling the dentist there’s no pain in the tooth and she’s not
I knew something was up Laugh
Report truehoncho October 11, 2021 9:06 PM BST
GPs are private businesses that contract their services to the NHS. They are paid for what they do and not employed on an hourly/weekly/monthly basis.
Report saddo October 11, 2021 9:21 PM BST
They are paid if they do nothing, that's the problem. I'm sure we'd all like a bit of that.
Report truehoncho October 11, 2021 9:24 PM BST
No, but they are paid too much for what they do. That's politicians and the public's fault for treating them like gods.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 11, 2021 9:26 PM BST
3 and a half days a week

50 hours a week, how much
more should these guys work?

1 doctor per 2000 people is the
problem.

We need more doctors.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 11, 2021 9:29 PM BST
And there is a private system
you guys can use.

If you really want too.

Opticians, dentists, great
loads of appointments as folk
pull out their own teeth and
walk into lampposts due to
lack of funds.
Report truehoncho October 11, 2021 9:30 PM BST
You can't afford them mate. Stop thinking that you pay enough taxes to deserve them. You don't.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 11, 2021 9:50 PM BST
Ministers are being warned of a mounting workforce crisis in England’s hospitals as they struggle to recruit staff for tens of thousands of nursing vacancies, with one in five nursing posts on some wards now unfilled.

Hospital leaders say the nursing shortfall has been worsened by a collapse in the numbers of recruits from Europe, including Spain and Italy.

The most recent NHS figures reveal there are about 39,000 vacancies for registered nurses in England, with one in 10 nursing posts unfilled on acute wards in London and one in five nursing posts empty on mental health wards in the south-east.
Report truehoncho October 11, 2021 9:54 PM BST
increase the pay to what they are worth. Many on here thought 1% was enough!
Report lfc1971 October 11, 2021 10:01 PM BST
Are there tens of thousands if nursing vacancies in Spain or Italy ?
And if not why not
And if there are they shouldn’t be coming here
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 11, 2021 10:04 PM BST
Government is underfunding health service
and winding up numpties to
attack it.

Distract from corruption, mis management
and brexit
Report lfc1971 October 11, 2021 10:05 PM BST
Now we shouldn’t be increasing wages or spending more money on the nhs
We should be cutting costs and reorganising
Report truehoncho October 11, 2021 10:06 PM BST
We can't afford them anyway....unless they are cheap. Rule Britannia!
Report lfc1971 October 11, 2021 10:09 PM BST
The reason we have vacancies - is BECAUSE of using overseas staff
That’s the reason
Report truehoncho October 11, 2021 10:13 PM BST
No it's not/maybe sort of. It's because over the years we didn't want to pay a decent wage. Instead we recruited effectively cheap labour while at the same time instigating a ludicrous education requirement policy (no doubt to boost the education sector as well). Now we have no nurses and not enough young people aspiring to such a poorly paid profession.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com