Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
1st time poster
10 Oct 21 11:10
| Topic/replies: 49,525 | Blogger: 1st time poster's blog
in a service sector economy, the MOS IS HELPING SOLVE IT
making hotel rooms minimal to make them quicker to clean
simply menus ,less choice so make kitchens turn out more /quicker meals
millions more of the nightmare of automated check outs
dont block call centre,s/customer services with complaints take it on the chin
dont moan about less choice in shop,supermarkets, pub,s eateries take it as helping the country out,
be careful where you park your cart so minimising delays for business using rds

sounds more like a return to the 70,s than a highly automated modern economy of the future

thought demanding better service ,retail giving more choice,better experience etc was the way forward according to the free market capitalists
Pause Switch to Standard View uk,s productivity problem
Show More
Report Timber October 10, 2021 11:12 AM BST
Can we have a translation into English please?
Report politicspunter October 10, 2021 11:19 AM BST
What does MOS mean?
Report Dr Crippen October 10, 2021 12:31 PM BST
Too many people, too little wealth.

Not enough to go around.
Report 1st time poster October 10, 2021 12:39 PM BST
mail on sunday
Report politicspunter October 10, 2021 12:41 PM BST
Ok, thanks.
Report 1st time poster October 10, 2021 12:46 PM BST
mentions french menu,s made simpler, but i thought french,spanish,greek eating out was based on people sitting there all night with their family chatting away long coffees /enjoying the food talking about food etc etc
not getting them out of the door as quick as possible
uk currently canceling complete services through lack of chefs, kitchen staff and front of house,there getting their menu,s cut down by lack of ingredients,hgv shortage,supplies etc,they dont need to worry about simplifyiong the menu johnsons cabal doing that for them
Report Dr Crippen October 10, 2021 1:30 PM BST
Rental demand rocketing.
Report Dr Crippen October 10, 2021 1:32 PM BST
And the remainers want to make matters even worse!
Report diabolicalliability October 10, 2021 1:52 PM BST
Productivity is increased by investment, not by cracking the whip
Report thegiggilo October 10, 2021 2:47 PM BST
Tories still chirpsing on about office workers going in,desperate stuff..How much of a moron would you be to want to commute to work,pay for food and drink and train travel,parking etc,etc business has had enough they're saving fortunes,plus the benefits of people getting more enjoyment out of their ives..The can go fcuk themselves.
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 2:51 PM BST
TORIESAngryAngryAngry
Report lapsy pa October 10, 2021 3:04 PM BST
On one hand they want 30+ million to have a flu jab,35k current covid cases daily and yet stick people in non ventilated offices, some cotradidition.

If they were serious about protecting the NHS for the sake of 4 months leave the WFH,it is mostly in part only,ie 2/3 days in. Maybe don't want to miss the tax take from travel in,supporting coffee/sandwich shops or much more likely commercial landlords putting pressure on them.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 10, 2021 3:32 PM BST
They want wages up, and spend it
in earning it.

Maybe they are worried about
tax rebates increasing for
heating costs for working
from home, as brexit raises gas
and leccy prices through the roof.
Report 1st time poster October 10, 2021 3:40 PM BST
THE only part of their levelling up agenda ,people moving  outside of london spending money in local area etc and they want to stop it and suck it back in to london
Report lapsy pa October 10, 2021 3:40 PM BST
Afaik that is capped, i think for higher rate it is around £140 per annum though that applies even if you worked just 1 day from home in the year.You should apply for it if you did as i think you will get 2 years and is simple to do through the ukgov site.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 10, 2021 3:43 PM BST
You can claim for genuine costs

But it's 1.20 a week which is
£6 expenses covered.

I think heating through day
5 days a week will be well over
£6 a week.

Bills required to prove extra
costs of course.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 10, 2021 3:45 PM BST
£6 without proof, that is
Report lapsy pa October 10, 2021 3:49 PM BST
Yes, bang on YHTL.It has added up to a handy little sum if a person hasn't claimed, they should.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 10, 2021 3:56 PM BST
Need to claim both years, as they
don't apply it without claim.
Report 1st time poster October 10, 2021 4:00 PM BST
BT  have had a WFH  SYSTEM FOR over 10 yrs but its properly monitored they send some one round to your hoe to see if its suitable
separate locked room,computer,laptop etc,etc
Report peckerdunne October 10, 2021 5:35 PM BST
London travel costs 2500 or more, you have to earn 5K near enough and lunch and clothes plus time, plus risk, all leading to lack of quality life.

Folk ain't doing it.

Companies are offering more but that is to stop the exodus.
Report macarony October 10, 2021 6:55 PM BST
lack of investment going back over 50 years is what has brought us to where we are today.
Report Charlie October 10, 2021 7:05 PM BST

Oct 10, 2021 -- 12:55PM, macarony wrote:

lack of investment going back over 50 years is what has brought us to where we are today.

Blame Thatcher, I do.

Report Foinavon October 10, 2021 7:16 PM BST
We couldn't go on as we were under Sunny Jim, the defining question was who governs Britain.
She did what she had to do. Unfortunately the police were politicised in order to break Scargill and we can see that they still are today. Not a good look IMO.
Report Charlie October 10, 2021 7:29 PM BST

Oct 10, 2021 -- 1:16PM, Foinavon wrote:

We couldn't go on as we were under Sunny Jim, the defining question was who governs Britain.She did what she had to do. Unfortunately the police were politicised in order to break Scargill and we can see that they still are today. Not a good look IMO.

Not entirely sure what you mean by the end of your second sentence.

I think Thatcher changed the UK from being a manufacturing or producing economy to a banking economy; the rich got richer and the poor got poorer. Now we want to change things the other way around but have had to live with her policies for far too long. She was the ruin of the UK. The Tories thought it was fantastic which is was for the rich. It fcked the country and I will never forgive her or her supporters.

Report macarony October 10, 2021 7:35 PM BST
Blame Thatcher, I do.

And before thatcher at the end of 60s a new economic policy emerged a one based on saving money the economy drive, we became and still are obsessed with trying to save money instead of investing to increase product and plant. Cheap inferior parts fitted to British cars in the 70s and 80s been a classic example. Under developed products and old products left in production far too long. Cutbacks in training and machinery.
Modern slavery it is acceptable even today to pay foreign people less money both here and abroad to do work that most middle class people would not entertain.
Report Charlie October 10, 2021 7:42 PM BST

Oct 10, 2021 -- 1:35PM, macarony wrote:

Blame Thatcher, I do.And before thatcher at the end of 60s a new economic policy emerged a one based on saving money the economy drive, we became and still are obsessed with trying to save money instead of investing to increase product and plant. Cheap inferior parts fitted to British cars in the 70s and 80s been a classic example. Under developed products and old products left in production far too long. Cutbacks in training and machinery. Modern slavery it is acceptable even today to pay foreign people less money both here and abroad to do work that most middle class people would not entertain.

Not sure if you're supporting Thacher or not.

In the 1960s and 70s (and before) Britain was probably the most respected country in the world for the high quality of the goods it produced. After that it went downhill.

Report Foinavon October 10, 2021 7:47 PM BST
I think Thatcher changed the UK from being a manufacturing or producing economy to a banking economy;

She changed the UK from a bankrupt country with its industry held to ransom having to go cap in hand to the IMF to one with a flourishing financial sector. Much of our industry was in a terrible state and unable to compete on a no tariff basis with German industry. Some went to the wall, a lot was sold off. New industry has sprung up since often from inward investment but we are in effect a post industrial economy heavily reliant on financials and services.
Report Charlie October 10, 2021 7:59 PM BST
If you want to change a bankrupt nation into one not being so then you invest in it, or let it rot and pay the price. We have been paying the price ever since. We went from being respected for manufacturing to being laughed at. As for being dependent on financials and services we were but when the infrastructer collpases then we are really in the sh!te as we are now.
Report macarony October 10, 2021 8:09 PM BST
Not sure if you're supporting Thacher or not.

Blame Thatcher, I do.And before thatcher at the end of 60s a new economic policy emerged a one based on saving money the economy drive, we became and still are obsessed with trying to save money instead of investing to increase product and plant. Cheap inferior parts fitted to British cars in the 70s and 80s been a classic example. Under developed products and old products left in production far too long. Cutbacks in training and machinery. Modern slavery it is acceptable even today to pay foreign people less money both here and abroad to do work that most middle class people would not entertain.

No I copied and pasted a section form your post but did not leave a gap between my post and yours sorry for the confusion.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 10, 2021 8:10 PM BST
Thatcher thought unemployment
a price worth paying.

Johnson thinks deaths dont
matter so long as wage inflation
is increased.

Not really similar ideologys
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 8:13 PM BST
playing devil's advocate:

some people would say a lot of areas, especially in the north, have never recovered from the Thatcher years
Report macarony October 10, 2021 8:20 PM BST
We waited a long time for a Labour government unfortunately we got Tony Blah, and he once said of us they will have to vote for us they have nowhere else to go, and he never done anything to rebuild industrial Britain. Just filled the place with immigrants meaning in real terms there was less to go around
Report politicspunter October 10, 2021 8:26 PM BST
Immigrants that can drive lorries, pick/pack fruit and vegetables, work in abattoirs, warehouses and hospitality would be welcome right now.
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 8:27 PM BST
didn't you vote for brexit polly mate?
Report politicspunter October 10, 2021 8:29 PM BST
Giuseppe is a scammer. He followed me around begging me to lend him money. When I agreed (it was a five figure sum), he refused to give me his personal information, that I had requested, in order that I could forward the money. He is a fraudster, who now follows me around the forum, every thread and every post, being abusive. Block the scammer, do not respond to him and above all do not open any of his links. You have been warned!
Report lapsy pa October 10, 2021 8:31 PM BST
The privatisation of state run companies in share offerings to the public,the selling of council houses to the renters.vast oil and gas, you as a country should really be very rich.
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 8:33 PM BST
don't suppose you could lend me a five figure sum lapsy?
Report politicspunter October 10, 2021 8:35 PM BST
Giuseppe is a scammer. He followed me around begging me to lend him money. When I agreed (it was a five figure sum), he refused to give me his personal information, that I had requested, in order that I could forward the money. He is a fraudster, who now follows me around the forum, every thread and every post, being abusive. Block the scammer, do not respond to him and above all do not open any of his links. You have been warned!
Report Foinavon October 10, 2021 8:41 PM BST
Giuseppe
Giuseppe10 Oct 21 19:27Joined: 21 Jun 05 | Topic/replies: 23,197 | Blogger: Giuseppe's blog
didn't you vote for brexit polly mate?

Laugh
Report lapsy pa October 10, 2021 8:45 PM BST
I won't know what a five figure sum is Joe,there was a farmer with a lorry trailer and two tractors with a potato picking machine this morning on walk and i asked him any chance of a few spuds.he said no prob and got a good bag of balls of flour,i got a few dinners.I got a good bag of walnuts as well.
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 8:50 PM BST
where was this lapsy
Report lapsy pa October 10, 2021 8:53 PM BST
Ah that won't be fair to the farmer Joe, i got loads of onions the year before last.
Report brentford October 10, 2021 9:06 PM BST
The privatisation of state run companies in share offerings to the public,the selling of council houses to the renters.vast oil and gas, you as a country should really be very rich.

we are though really Lapsy , just that the governments of the last 42 years have rarely looked to share the benefit, preferring instead to protect the status quo..
Report Whisperingdeath October 10, 2021 9:15 PM BST
It’s not who Govern’s us it is who owns us!

2% of the land is built on. Who owns the rest? Laws are made to protect the rich not us.
Report lapsy pa October 10, 2021 9:19 PM BST
Maybe Brentford,though the North/South divide is well documented,Ireland is a 'wealthy' country as well though wealth also very lopsided. The argument of playing the game going to work and eventual reward is fair enough,it usually works but something is very wrong when having to work and get UC to get by.
Not sure of the answer but the UK should maybe have done better with the Thatcher start. Things are looking shocking now.
Report peckerdunne October 10, 2021 9:25 PM BST
Stock markets have no produce.
Report brentford October 10, 2021 9:28 PM BST
Not enough regional incentivisation, no sensible state top up's for low earners in employment, slow to close tax loopholes of the big companies and big earners that could have paid for new housing, maybe even a very basic universal income ....the cost of the admin of the benefits system alone is huge and then making people jump through hoops to access it at times...govt ministers having cosy lunches with anyone that has much to gain from the current system...contracts and contacts all related to the existing power structure both economically and politically...

6th richest country in 2020...still plenty of homeless, food banks more in demand than ever, people working two jobs to live in a s**hole with a dodgy landlord...
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 9:30 PM BST
would you be in favour of a UBI?

instead of welfare?

same for everyone?

how much would it be if it was up to you brenford?
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 9:31 PM BST
UBI and flat tax on all earned income, no welfare, no loopholes or exemptions, would make things very simple
Report macarony October 10, 2021 9:33 PM BST
Minimum wage is less than a £10ph less than £400 per week average rent between £400 and £800 per month you can't get a square peg in a round hole
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 9:34 PM BST
this is what happens when you have eastern europeans sleeping 4 to a room
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 9:35 PM BST
a house in dublin was in the news last year

think there were 50 romanians sleeping in a four bed two storey house
Report brentford October 10, 2021 9:37 PM BST
in theory I would G but I'm not in a position to number crunch it and I doubt many are...

Finland's experiment was slightly wrongly labelled a failure, some places in Canada and the US I believe have tried it with some more positive press but I suspect it remains a back burner proposition in reality..lib dems I believe have some interest in it..

those against it on finances alone don't take into account potential of reduced crime, reduced care system demands, better childhood progression, greater opportunities to upskill/educate,  prison costs, vandalism etc which are difficult to accurately project leading to some of these experiments...
Report peckerdunne October 10, 2021 9:41 PM BST
Very very true that Brentford but of course there are reasons for that
Report peckerdunne October 10, 2021 9:43 PM BST
Referring to the last paragraph

I mean some problems are good for the filth within the system
Report brentford October 10, 2021 9:48 PM BST
Well absolutely pecker, the current system suits very well if you're in a position to exploit it or benefit from it ...
Report lapsy pa October 10, 2021 9:49 PM BST
A lot of the problems are from landlords buying a house 25 years ago,a quarter/third whatever and charging rent at todays value,why aren't they being taxed to feck on that? The politicians are missing the obvious to court popularity.
Report macarony October 10, 2021 9:55 PM BST
Little Denmark has a 10th of the population of Britain yet they manage to punch above their weight, they don't have a lot but they extract the most out of what they have.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com