Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
crystalhunt
10 Oct 21 10:58
| Topic/replies: 5,981 | Blogger: crystalhunt's blog
Will Fury take the knee in front of Her Majesty. Probably the best British heavyweight boxer of all time. Discuss Laugh
Pause Switch to Standard View Sir Tyson Fury
Show More
Report politicspunter October 10, 2021 11:02 AM BST
What were the prices last night?
Report Dr Crippen October 10, 2021 11:03 AM BST
Brilliant win, best of Brexit British.
Report Timber October 10, 2021 11:08 AM BST
Best heavyweight of all time
Report A_T October 10, 2021 11:12 AM BST
the best British heavyweight boxer of all time

that's Lennox Lewis
Report Timber October 10, 2021 11:13 AM BST

Oct 10, 2021 -- 5:12AM, A_T wrote:

the best British heavyweight boxer of all timethat's Lennox Lewis

LaughLaughLaugh

Report A_T October 10, 2021 11:14 AM BST
I'd have Fury second
Report crystalhunt October 10, 2021 12:09 PM BST
Lewis represented Canada in the OlympicsLaugh
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 10, 2021 12:33 PM BST
Fury missed out on olympics
losing to Davy Price. Eating
boar meat came later.

Good win last night, will they
go for a 4th time?
Report ImSoLuckyLucky! October 10, 2021 12:52 PM BST
Depends if you want to spend another
£25 watching it?

Laugh
Report casemoney October 10, 2021 1:53 PM BST
Greatest fight of all Time , Have to feel for wilder he would beat anyone else , I didn't pay but if there was a 4 and I had to I would Happy
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 2:45 PM BST
still undefeated

a far superior boxer to Joshua

despite this Joshua appears in multiple TV ads, Tyson in none

Confused
Report Whisperingdeath October 10, 2021 3:03 PM BST
Oh dear case,

So sorry if you think that was the greatest fight of all time. Maybe we should start a Greatest Fight of All Time Thread for you to catch up on some wonderful boxing. It’s not a dig btw.

Let me start of with the Gatti  / Ward series and open it up for others to contribute
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 10, 2021 3:28 PM BST
Ali v frazier was a decent scrap.

Second one was an epic.

These big heavies now hold
a bigger threat so there's a
bit more jeopardy when watching
which increases excitement.

Not sure it makes them better fights.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 10, 2021 3:30 PM BST
Balboa v lang 2 was a good un tooMischief
Report peckerdunne October 10, 2021 5:52 PM BST
The best British heavy weight ever without a shadow of doubt.

Lennox Lewis would not survive, couldn't brawl, glass chin.

One of the best fighters of all time at heavyweight, for sure.

What a brutal fight, huge respect to Fury.

A j. my advice would be don't get in the ring with either of these guys.

You will be mauled asunder and possibly be damaged long term.

Wilder will need a good rest from boxing really.

As for all time fights, the names Norton and Frazier come to mind.

Fury is an exceptional character indeed.
Report casemoney October 10, 2021 6:29 PM BST
A j. my advice would be don't get in the ring with either of these guys.

Spot on Pecker Would be stretchered

Sorry WD   Hagler Hearns prob best fight I ever seen , But for a Heavyweight War These two are unbeatable
Report casemoney October 10, 2021 6:32 PM BST
As pecker says  Wilder rest up for a year , Knock one of these other plodders out , Fury still champ,  Number 4 the Final Clash retire after .
Report casemoney October 10, 2021 6:33 PM BST
I recorded the Fight , One of the Fury knock downs I thought he only just made the Count , I will re watch later
Report macarony October 10, 2021 6:50 PM BST
The problem with joshua is he is not busy enough and tends to let his opponent dictate the pace. He is very capable when on the hunt, but it tends to be to little too often. If he wants win the rematch my advice will be get him on the ropes and rough him up, lean on him and sap his energy that will slow him down, don't allow him the space to box tire hem him out then go for the kill from the 8th round.
Report Whisperingdeath October 10, 2021 8:14 PM BST
Case

Get on YouTube and look at the Barrera-Morales trilogy

Ashley don’t do that. Trust me, save that for when you think you have seen the best. Then watch the three fights in order.

Watch Gatti-Ward as an appetiser. Watch Gatti learn to box over the trilogy. I think he was trained by Buddy McGirt for the last fight. He died in tragic circumstances. These fights were proper brawls. The boxing wasn’t great to start with but the fighting was.

Plenty of other great fights to recommend so far above the fat bloke and the slugger last night!
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 8:19 PM BST
death cut case some slack

a live fight in the present day, where the result in not known and the boxers and their personalities are well known to you, is always going to more exciting than a classic match from the past
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 8:20 PM BST
personally i don't think anything can match a late night big fight that you've stayed up for
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 8:21 PM BST
fury is an extraordinary talent and an extraordinary character, by any measure
Report casemoney October 10, 2021 8:34 PM BST
You can not get better value for money than watching that Fight live last night  ..
Report shiny new shoes please October 10, 2021 8:37 PM BST
Balls like king Kong ExcitedLaugh
Report Whisperingdeath October 10, 2021 8:39 PM BST
Benn-McClellan

Look I’m sure last nights fight was exciting but please don’t even go there if you think it was legendary.
Report Whisperingdeath October 10, 2021 8:41 PM BST
Seriously the fat bloke got knocked down twice by the slugger on Bambi legs.
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 8:44 PM BST
almost as big as neil armstrong
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 8:45 PM BST
the fat bloke has all sorts of personal issues and has still never been beaten
Report casemoney October 10, 2021 8:50 PM BST
Benn Eubanks and Watson all classics , Fury might be fat but he has beaten everything put in front of him For years there is no one else can beat him AJ and Usyk would be carted out of the Ring  , Best heavyweight for years
Report Whisperingdeath October 10, 2021 8:52 PM BST
The division is pretty poor and has been for years. Fair play to Fury he is a smart fighter without a doubt but also the biggest of a poor bunch.
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 8:54 PM BST
what price was he to beat Klitschko?

looking back now it is crazy to think he was an underdog in that one
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 8:55 PM BST
come on death give me a break

fury biggest talent since prince naseem in the 90s, at the very least
Report Whisperingdeath October 10, 2021 8:56 PM BST
Not really. He hadn’t really fought anyone decent. He does have boxing smarts though and great heart and courage.
Report Whisperingdeath October 10, 2021 8:56 PM BST
Talent? No!
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 8:58 PM BST
death, you're a hard man to please
Report Whisperingdeath October 10, 2021 8:58 PM BST
I think Lewis, Bowe, Holyfield and of course Tyson would have done Fury and probably many more.
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 9:00 PM BST
Tyson in his prime agreed

others would have been good fights

not arguing he is a world all time great

certainly a british all time great
Report Whisperingdeath October 10, 2021 9:01 PM BST
I’ve seen more than one or two great fights Seppe and this wasn’t one of them exciting though it may have been. Now you being 92 shirley have seen even more than me.
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 9:03 PM BST
sure have

but didn't see the fury fight so can't compare
Report peckerdunne October 10, 2021 9:15 PM BST
I wouldn't be sure about that WD.

He chose to come in over a stone heavy because wilder had bulked up.

Yes he  might not dance round the outside and to up down in out,

but as you said the boy has smarts for sure, he has power too and he takes big shots, how he gets up and come back stronger is mental.

Lewis ,no way aint having that, he gets
Caught end of.

The other 3 I can see the arguement, but I would give him a decent shout except perhaps Tyson at his meanest fastest.
Holyfield would out box him but might get tagged and not get up
Riddick would probably end up a war
Report Whisperingdeath October 10, 2021 9:20 PM BST
Just look at who Fury has fought apart from Klitschko then look at who Lewis has beaten
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 9:21 PM BST
Bowe flies under the radar in these discussions

odd career: only beaten once, never fought Lewis, never got a title rematch v Holyfield in fact never fought again for one of the big three belts after losing to Holyfield
Report Giuseppe October 10, 2021 9:22 PM BST
was he the guy who put one of the belts in the bin rather than fight Lewis?
Report peckerdunne October 10, 2021 9:31 PM BST
Yeah re member Lewis fighting that

Pub bouncer from Tooting Broadway
Report macarony October 10, 2021 9:48 PM BST
Just look at who Fury has fought apart from Klitschko then look at who Lewis has beaten

I liked Lewis but he also got knocked out of McCall and Rahman
Report SontaranStratagem October 10, 2021 10:04 PM BST
Tyson is one of the best ever and its mental to think he's british Crazy so naturally he's gonna get hated on sadly because in this country we hate great athletes with a personality Plain

As a country it seems to get behind wet lettuces like Tim Henman Laugh a plucky loser but he's well spoken and doesn't question a thing

If Tyson Fury was say Italian they'd lap him up and worship him, esp because of his style and attitude

Be proud this country can still produce a man like Fury ffs, because we also produce horrible little fu*koo in the nests like Andy Murray as well
Report SontaranStratagem October 10, 2021 10:06 PM BST

Oct 10, 2021 -- 2:58PM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

I think Lewis, Bowe, Holyfield and of course Tyson would have done Fury and probably many more.

Mike Tyson in his pomp I think edges Fury but Fury is still underrated in my opinion

He's one the most naturally gifted boxers in the history of the sport, a man who can move like he does at that weight and height is mental

Report SontaranStratagem October 10, 2021 10:09 PM BST
And he's taken the biggest punches in the history of the sport, got back up and belted him one for good measure

99% wouldn't know what day it was getting hit with those Wilder shots, most would be like the bloke in Crocodile Dundee that Mick Dundee hits in the restaurant. Punch drunk and needing a nap, and that's after 40 minutes of being helped back to consciousness in the first place.
Report Whisperingdeath October 10, 2021 10:58 PM BST
Oh dear

Mike Tyson in his pomp I think edges Fury but Fury is still underrated in my opinion

Anyone who likes boxing may I suggest they watch the Morales-Barrer Trilogy.  It to compare who was the best or the best fights ever but just to watch two men go at it with not just bravery but an incredible amount if skill too.

Ward-Gatti is also up there but not on the same skill level.

Seriously not to make any points just watch and enjoy.
Report mecca October 11, 2021 12:43 AM BST
I  was talking to an old geezer on Friday about the Fury fight.... he was a real boxing fan and seemed to know a lot about the game and the old trainers etc.  Anyway , he reckoned that Joe Bugner was better than Tyson Fury.

Me?... I agree with someone earlier on this thread.... Fury is brilliant and we should be glad that he is a Brit
Report brentford October 11, 2021 3:12 AM BST
It's a cultural impossibility not to have a bias for the era that meant most to you,

Mike Tyson for me... just a ridiculous ability to flatten people despite appearing slightly undersized and although the different federations were kicking in by that time he took on virtually everyone  that mattered in what was probably a deeper division at that time...
Report Giuseppe October 11, 2021 3:18 AM BST
yes personally Joe Louis will always be the graetest for me

fights v Schmelling were incredible
Report brentford October 11, 2021 4:01 AM BST
thought mecca said you were a Joe Bugner fan.. Silly

though whoever that old fecker was must have been seriously punch drunk...
Report akabula October 11, 2021 8:08 AM BST
Hope my memory is correct but didn't Bugner put most of his effort into not getting hit.
Although I remember him opening up against Richard Dunn. I wonder how that Bugner fan would rate Dunn?
Report A_T October 11, 2021 8:16 AM BST
Fury vs Valuev would have been interersting - TF perhaps one boxer who could have beaten the giant by a stoppage
Report Whisperingdeath October 11, 2021 10:14 AM BST
Joe Bugner went the distance with Joe Frazier at Earls Court I think, went the distance twice with Muhammed Ali not to mention Henry Cooper and plenty of other World Class boxers from America like Jimmy Ellis and Ron Lyle.

People are making some extraordinary claims about Fury after Saturdays convincing performance against a nite club bouncer on Bambi legs who he had already beat twice ( once was ashley scored a draw ).

Some claim he is the best British boxer ever

Some claim he is the greatest British heavyweight ever.

One even thought Mike Tyson in his prime might have edged Fury ( lmfao! )

Just to be clear Fury has had 4 World title fights, 3 of those against the same man and has defended his title once.

People need to take a deep breath
Report wolf3011 October 11, 2021 10:32 AM BST

Oct 10, 2021 -- 11:52AM, peckerdunne wrote:

The best British heavy weight ever without a shadow of doubt.Lennox Lewis would not survive, couldn't brawl, glass chin.One of the best fighters of all time at heavyweight, for sure.What a brutal fight, huge respect to Fury.A j. my advice would be don't get in the ring with either of these guys.You will be mauled asunder and possibly be damaged long term.Wilder will need a good rest from boxing really.As for all time fights, the names Norton and Frazier come to mind.Fury is an exceptional character indeed.

Lewis had a glass chin lol? Fury has been down more times than Lewis has in his career and Lewis has fought better fighters.. Holyfield, Mike Tyson were better than anything around today

Report Whisperingdeath October 11, 2021 10:42 AM BST
Vitali Klitchsko
Holfield twice
Mike Tyson
Razor Ruddock
Andre Golota
Tyrell Biggs
Mike Weaver
Ray Mercer
Tommy Morrison
Tony Tucker
Frank Bruno
Gary Mason
Glenn McCrory

To name just a few and of course the pub bouncer from Tooting right Pecker?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 11, 2021 12:43 PM BST
Tommy Morrison couldn't lace
Balboa's boots!
Report snowynoon October 11, 2021 12:44 PM BST
All this talk about best ever ,he has beaten a guy on the verge of retirement twice in 3 fights ,lets see him fight some other TOP heavyweights before we get carried away .Also fought Klitchko when he was on the verge of retirement .
Report Whisperingdeath October 11, 2021 1:38 PM BST
You should read Jeff Powell in The Daily Mail. He is comparing the trilogy to Ali-Frazier! and Fury to AliLaugh!

Wilder landed 9 jabs in the whole of the fight!

Not wishing to take anything away from Tyson Fury though. He did what he had to do and is highly entertaining outside of the ring at least.
Report Giuseppe October 11, 2021 1:39 PM BST
Tyson wasn't in his prime when Lewis fought him give me a break

are we really rating Holyfield as an all time great?
Report Whisperingdeath October 11, 2021 1:45 PM BST
Pound for pound, yes! Lewis beat him twice. I was at the first one but they scored it a drawShocked!

The Klitchsko win was hugely creditable but who else has Tyson Fury beaten of any note and class?
Report Giuseppe October 11, 2021 1:48 PM BST
he hasn't fought anyone else!

and he's still UNDEFEATED
Report Whisperingdeath October 11, 2021 1:58 PM BST
He has fought 33 odd times in 12 years and beaten the same bar room brawler 3 times , fought in 4 World title Fights and has defended the title once and you think he is one of the All time Greats?

You think his trilogy with Wilder is memorable for anything other than these blokes getting knocked down?
Report Whisperingdeath October 11, 2021 2:11 PM BST
When he was acclaimed last week as potentially even mightier than Muhammad Ali sceptical eyebrows were raised but Tyson Fury stands now among the noblest legends of the prize ring.

Jeff Powell of The Daily Mail!
Report wolf3011 October 11, 2021 2:24 PM BST

Oct 11, 2021 -- 7:39AM, Giuseppe wrote:

Tyson wasn't in his prime when Lewis fought him give me a breakare we really rating Holyfield as an all time great?

Sick of hearing about Tyson wasnt in his prime rubbish, Lewis was older than Tyson when they fought. According to some people Tyson was past it after Douglas when he was 23 lol, what sportsman in any other sport would be past it at 23

Report wolf3011 October 11, 2021 2:26 PM BST

Oct 11, 2021 -- 7:39AM, Giuseppe wrote:

Tyson wasn't in his prime when Lewis fought him give me a breakare we really rating Holyfield as an all time great?

Who has Fury fought better than Holyfield and beaten- a geriatric klitchsko and converted basketball player wilder who can't box to save his life relying on big right hands?

Report Whisperingdeath October 11, 2021 2:29 PM BST
The heart stopping spectacle these two gladiators produced was not only a clarion call for boxing but one of the supreme heavyweight fights of all time.Laugh

Jeff Powell
Report Whisperingdeath October 11, 2021 2:32 PM BST
Perhaps only the final act of the Ali-Joe Frazier three-parter - the Thrilla In Manila which The Greatest said took him closest to death - can be mentioned in the same gasping breath.

Jeff Powell!
Report wolf3011 October 11, 2021 2:35 PM BST
That said Fury would rank as higher than the likes of Haye, Joshua and Bruno in the greatest British heavyweight of all time list but behind Lewis. Although Fury beat Klitchsko, it was one of the worst fights in heavyweight title history with neither fighter laying a glove on the other.
Report Giuseppe October 11, 2021 2:49 PM BST
"According to some people Tyson was past it after Douglas when he was 23 lol, what sportsman in any other sport would be past it at 23 "

this is correct

Tyson in his early 20s was unstoppable
Report wolf3011 October 11, 2021 2:59 PM BST
Unstoppable against who, what other great heavyweights did he beat in their prime? It's all supposition and guesswork based on myth/ ring presence .. he is my favourite fighter of all time  but knocking out a few stiffs/ mediocre fighters between 1986 and 1989 isn't evidence of him being unstoppable. Great fighters have to beat other great fighters- the other two great fighters in Tysons era were Holyfield and lewis where he lost to both men. He was 29 when he fought Holyfield- if footballers were judged in the same way no one would be comparing a footballer who banged goals in for 4 years with someone who did it for 10-15 years saying he peaked at 23 not facing elite teams considering him the greatest ever
Report Giuseppe October 11, 2021 3:12 PM BST
i understand your point

Tyson never fought any all time greats during his prime years

so we will never really know how good he was

was he as good when he fough Holyfield as he was early in his career?
Report wolf3011 October 11, 2021 3:23 PM BST
Probably not but Tyson pissed much of his legacy away on drugs, drink and obviously the prison spell so it's all guesswork. What we can say is he struggled against Razor Ruddock at 24 needing a decision in one fight compared to Lewis who blew him away in 2 rounds. Lewis also knocked out Biggs and Botha faster than Tyson managed to do ( the former when Tyson was supposedly in his prime) so I think as great a fighter as Tyson was, he isn't what many believe him to be
Report peckerdunne October 11, 2021 4:55 PM BST
It's a shame Audley let never got his Fury fight

It could all have been so different from

Maybe then he could mentioned in the breath as Lewis

a bloke who got in a ring to avoid fighting
Report wolf3011 October 11, 2021 4:58 PM BST
Confused
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 11, 2021 6:50 PM BST
A-Force was a decent boxer
but not really a scrapper.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit