Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Dr Crippen
03 Oct 21 19:02
| Topic/replies: 39,326 | Blogger: Dr Crippen's blog
Slaughtered the far-left at the last general election - thank you.
Delivered Brexit  - thank you.
Steered us through the pandemic - thank you.

Now busy repairing the damage caused by being a member of the EU - ongoing.

And we see the smiles come back on the faces of the workers as their wages rise.

With Boris, you get what it says on the tin.
Pause Switch to Standard View The impressive record of Prime...
Show More
Report Foinavon October 3, 2021 9:35 PM BST
Too many hurdles and very costly to deport them and where do you send them if France won't have them back and they don't have a passport?
Report jollyswagman October 3, 2021 9:45 PM BST
foinavon, the human rights act has zero to do with the eu. the european convention on human rights was agreed by the council of europe's 47 members.
Report Giuseppe October 3, 2021 9:46 PM BST
foin it is up to Boris to find a solution to this

if the UN treaty is a problem he needs to withdraw

maybe copy the Australian system

maybe take them to an overseas british territory

stop them entering british waters, setting foot on british land

talk to the french

he isn't doing anything because he doesn't care
Report edy October 3, 2021 9:55 PM BST

Oct 3, 2021 -- 3:31PM, Giuseppe wrote:

bollocksyou are not legally obliged to take in illegal migrants setting off in dinghies from France

You are, but not due the UN migration pact or European Convention on Human Rights. It's sea laws that simply oblige every captain to rescue folks iin danger on the Seven Seas. A person in open water on a dinghy....is kind of in danger.

Of course, the UK could just not send any boats out there. Taking the chance of people drowning is a legitimate strategy that many practice.

If you do rescue them, you have every choice to pay other countries to house them while their asylum requests are processed, or to more or less imprison them on UK grounds.

Report Foinavon October 3, 2021 9:55 PM BST
OK Jolly, thanks for the correction.

Maybe making it less attractive to come here would reduce the numbers but how far we can go in that without breaching some international law I do not know. I cannot read Johnson's mind regarding his motivation, many congratulations if you can Beppe.
Report edy October 3, 2021 9:59 PM BST
The UN migration pact is just a good will thing that a bunch of bad faith right-wingers chose to run storm against for the fun of it (and to gain votes in regards to politicians, or when it comes to the bad faith right-wing media to cater to their consumers)
Report A_T October 3, 2021 9:59 PM BST
British people should not have human rights - I'm sure Boris will remove any
Report Foinavon October 3, 2021 9:59 PM BST
Any news stories on what Frau Merkel was doing this weekend edy? I liked the Parrot pictures last week.
Report edy October 3, 2021 10:00 PM BST
Well, she was preparing the festivities and her speech for today's national holiday.
Report edy October 3, 2021 10:01 PM BST
https://www.spiegel.de/politik/deutschland/livestream-festakt-zum-tag-der-deutschen-einheit-rede-von-bundeskanzlerin-angela-merkel-a-23223428-f024-4313-a228-90de121f1ca3

Report politicspunter October 3, 2021 10:01 PM BST

Oct 3, 2021 -- 3:59PM, Foinavon wrote:

Any news stories on what Frau Merkel was doing this weekend edy? I liked the Parrot pictures last week.

Retiring hopefully, so that we can all get paid out on the German election Laugh

Report akabula October 3, 2021 10:03 PM BST
Boris will make Britain Great again. Love
Report Whisperingdeath October 3, 2021 10:06 PM BST
Don’t be daft

He will get the usual Tory knife in the back before long, maybe even before Spring.

Murdoch decides who will be the next Prime Minister
Report Foinavon October 3, 2021 10:09 PM BST
Thanks Edy, I see she also met the Pope, that must have been exciting. I think I would prefer the parrots.

We have had the English Bill of Rights since the time of William and Mary whenever that was, 17 th Century. Can Boris take those away too?
Report edy October 3, 2021 10:12 PM BST
The Scots don't accept the God given rights in the Magna Carta.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/aug/17/protesters-claim-to-seize-edinburgh-castle-citing-magna-carta

Boris can probably nullify the Bill of Rights if he wants too.
Report Foinavon October 3, 2021 10:16 PM BST
Magna Carta was about the barons. I once saw the copy in Hereford cathedral. The writing was too tiny to read, the scribe must have had good eyesight. Not sure about those Scots, they can be a hot-headed lot.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 3, 2021 10:22 PM BST
The tories have fallen foul of Bill of rights twice.

Once when Miller showed an act
of Parliament was required
to trigger article 50

And second when Johnson illegally
prorogued parliament and was slapped
down by supreme Court.

Seems its holding firm, except
where legally amended by Parliament.
Report edy October 3, 2021 10:23 PM BST
The Independent actually reported on it better back in the day:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/edinburgh-castle-protest-magna-carta-b1904329.html

The police constable then asks: “How many more people are you expecting to come to Edinburgh Castle today to join your protest?”

When she tells him “it’s not a protest, we’re actually taking it back” he replies: “Right, no worries.”
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 3, 2021 10:24 PM BST
Some parts such as having to be
a freeholder to serve on a jury
have long gone, changed by statues.
Report Foinavon October 3, 2021 10:38 PM BST
I'm not sure that was a good idea YHTL

Edinburgh castle looks mighty impressive. I've never been there, it's cold up North.
Report Whisperingdeath October 3, 2021 10:43 PM BST
Winter is coming for us all
Report akabula October 3, 2021 10:49 PM BST
Edinburgh castle a fantastic place to visit Foinavon.
The Military Tatoo is held there each year, a fantastic night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnqSgn1OgLE
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 3, 2021 10:50 PM BST
Edinburgh is a wonderful city.

Very much worth a visit.
Report Foinavon October 5, 2021 7:00 PM BST
Thanks, perhaps one day but I don't want to listen to the bagpipes if it can be avoided.
Report LoyalHoncho October 5, 2021 8:02 PM BST
Shame you don;t get what it says on the BUS!  Lying snake oil salesman.
Report Dr Crippen October 5, 2021 8:57 PM BST
They say 'Behind every great man there's a great woman'

And Boris Johnson's rock is the delightful Carrie Symonds.

What a lovely couple they make.
Report macarony October 5, 2021 9:31 PM BST
Demand has gone up as we come out of lock down also panic buying manipulated by big business and sensational headlines are big news today but in 12 months time most people won't care, and that is the reality of the British public. So Johnson will win again unless Labour find a miracle
Report politicspunter October 5, 2021 9:34 PM BST
Labour don't need to find a miracle. All they need is to stop the tories getting an overall majority.
Report macarony October 5, 2021 9:38 PM BST
I am quite happy with the way things are going lapsy the worst thing that could have happened in my opinion was to just have carried on as normal
. There are big changes coming to everyone one not just the British climate change and automation are rewriting the book and the last thing we need is to be over dependant on outside help when the sh1t hits the fan. Better to prepare now for what's to come and come soon.
Report macarony October 5, 2021 9:42 PM BST
@pp you know that a few months time and things are back to normal enough  people won't give a flying funk about having to wait an extra 10 minutes to fill up 6 months ago and the big grocers will be back to their old tricks selling loss leaders in their stores
Report politicspunter October 5, 2021 9:49 PM BST
The tory opinion poll lead has been coming down steadily for the last eighteen months. This last few weeks have seen the gap closing a little more but the underlying trend is of a steady decline in tory voting intentions but more importantly, a marked decline in Boris approval ratings which many (including me) consider a direct pointer to the final result. Nothing is cut and dried by any means, far from it, but many outcomes are now possible.
Report politicspunter October 5, 2021 9:53 PM BST
Currently, if an election were held tomorrow, I have the tories on 333 and some of them are rocky at best.
Report Giuseppe October 5, 2021 9:56 PM BST
"the worst thing that could have happened in my opinion was to just have carried on as normal "

what has changed since brexit? please don't see no more freedom of movement, immigration has increased since 2016
Report wolf3011 October 5, 2021 10:00 PM BST

Oct 5, 2021 -- 3:49PM, politicspunter wrote:

The tory opinion poll lead has been coming down steadily for the last eighteen months. This last few weeks have seen the gap closing a little more but the underlying trend is of a steady decline in tory voting intentions but more importantly, a marked decline in Boris approval ratings which many (including me) consider a direct pointer to the final result. Nothing is cut and dried by any means, far from it, but many outcomes are now possible.

so to summarise you believe Boris' approval ratings plummeting are a direct pointer to the final result but many outcomes are now possible- cheers for the fence sitting valuable insight

Report Dr Crippen October 6, 2021 5:13 PM BST
Boris showed again today his credentials as a brilliant political all rounder.
Report Timber October 6, 2021 5:20 PM BST
I'm perturbed by this NWO 'Build Back Better' nonsense & all these diseased illegals on the dinghies
Report Facts October 6, 2021 5:24 PM BST
A fatuous speech by fatuous PM
Report Charlie October 6, 2021 5:44 PM BST
The worst PM ever who got elected through one, and only one, thing which was the Brexit vote. On every important decision he has had to make since being elected he has got it wrong.
Report macarony October 6, 2021 6:36 PM BST
The worst PM ever who got elected Boris never killed anyone unlike many of his predecessors, lets have some perspective
Report Charlie October 6, 2021 6:39 PM BST

Oct 6, 2021 -- 12:36PM, macarony wrote:

The worst PM ever who got elected Boris never killed anyone unlike many of his predecessors, lets have some perspective

I refer you to covid.

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 6, 2021 6:43 PM BST
The guy he conspired to assault
could easily have died.
Report Charlie October 6, 2021 6:53 PM BST
There were, unfortunately, about 650 deaths of brave UK military people killed in Afghanistan and Iraq. Doris's incompetence killed 10,000s of people in the UK. So macarony let's have some perspective.
Report Facts October 6, 2021 7:19 PM BST
Quite
Report Whisperingdeath October 6, 2021 7:47 PM BST
He butchered people at the old folks homes!

Totally incompetent and did not sack useless ministers when they were clearly way out of their depth. How much was spent on track and trace?
Report impossible123 October 6, 2021 7:51 PM BST
I'm no fan of Bojo, but his reign has encountered something no other PM has in the past namely Brexit and Covid. He nearly lost his life because of Covid.

How many lives did Mr Blair kill invading Iraq?
Report Dr Crippen October 6, 2021 7:57 PM BST
The Boris factor is immense.

He's simply got what it takes.
Report impossible123 October 6, 2021 8:05 PM BST
Bojo looks at least 10 years older since he took office, and Covid. The $64k is would the other lot have done any better? The answer is unthinkable, and possibly scary. For instance, not accepting and denying Semitism existed did not endear a large part of Party supporters.
Report lapsy pa October 6, 2021 8:06 PM BST
He is going to train all the UK workers to do unskilled jobs,some operator.
Report cryoftruth October 6, 2021 8:15 PM BST
Not surprisingly I tend to the view that a Prime Minister should at least have some semblance of honesty. Johnson has none.
And should have at least some sense of decency. Johnson has none.

Worst record on Covid in Europe.
Made Handcock’s barman rich with duff PPE contracts.
Stood up for the bully Patel rather than the bullied.
And has presided over shortages in the shops, petrol running out and has now thrust 300,000 back into poverty by cutting the benefits of chronically sick and disabled.
Meanwhile of course he has left the nice fat tax cuts for the stinking rich bankers and hedge fund managers who mainly fund the Tory Party in place.

Johnson is dishonest and utterly incompetent. His priorities are the rich, and his idea is to level up the rich at the expense of the poor.

Not my cup of tea sadly.
Report impossible123 October 6, 2021 8:22 PM BST
Said a lot about the alternative, did it not? I was a supporter of that Party led by a looney left whose claim-for-fame was with a megaphone on picket lines and promoted all his incompetent cronies. Even the competent and experienced Party members chose not bepart of his motley crew.
Report Whisperingdeath October 6, 2021 9:55 PM BST
Sad indictment of our country that a man sacked three times for lying has been trusted to run the country. Now th3 country is going to have to pay for its stupidity.

We are getting what we voted for...a clown!
Report macarony October 6, 2021 9:55 PM BST
Boris beat the sh1t out of the EU on covid he even turned a blind eye to falsified deaths attributed to covid in hospitals and care homes allowing  NHS spending to go over budget. He never once invaded another country on false pretences. Yet in the eyes of the wounded horse he is the worst PM ever? I  give you Tony Blair
Report Whisperingdeath October 6, 2021 10:00 PM BST
£482 Billions and counting. Great job. I am sure your kids and grand children will be happy paying that back

The bloke is a clown and a liar and is sending our country down to the depths
Report macarony October 6, 2021 10:02 PM BST
So what would you have done differently not spent any money?
Report akabula October 6, 2021 10:03 PM BST
Love the recovery plan. Boris will make Britain Great again.
Report Whisperingdeath October 7, 2021 5:07 AM BST
Even Fromage is going after Doris now

The knives are sharpening.
Report Whisperingdeath October 7, 2021 5:08 AM BST
A low tax economy!
Report Whisperingdeath October 7, 2021 5:11 AM BST
God help us all if we get a Conservative when he is stabbed in the back.
Report lfc1971 October 7, 2021 9:31 AM BST
Some leader is going to have to tell Britain the things it doesn’t want to hear
There is going to have to be a balance between income and expenditure , and in other European countries etc also
Report Dr Crippen October 7, 2021 11:25 AM BST
The bloke is a clown and a liar.

That's a revelation calling a politician a liar, so what do you think the rest of them are?

And you're no better yourself.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 7, 2021 11:33 AM BST
Vote clown get circus
Report Whisperingdeath October 7, 2021 1:14 PM BST
Oh what a circus, oh what a show
Report Dr Crippen October 7, 2021 5:46 PM BST
John Major's dad was a circus performer.

Another one of our boys to get the top job.
Report Whisperingdeath October 7, 2021 5:47 PM BST
another hypocrite

One rule for them one rule for us type

Back to basics meanwhile he is getting on top of Eggwiener Curry
Report Dr Crippen October 7, 2021 8:10 PM BST
He'll need more than a few clever lines to save him if the lights go out this winter.

He's already heading for the chop over the cost of going green.
Report LoyalHoncho October 7, 2021 9:33 PM BST
Johnson couldn't make his own breakfast.
And thanks pp - your info. and stats. are always informative and welcome.
Report winningthought October 7, 2021 9:49 PM BST
Don't worry Crips, that touch and those vintage Mayfair mags will get you through any blackout.
Report Giuseppe October 7, 2021 9:51 PM BST
lend us a tenner thought mate
Report politicspunter October 7, 2021 9:57 PM BST

Oct 7, 2021 -- 3:33PM, LoyalHoncho wrote:

Johnson couldn't make his own breakfast.And thanks pp - your info. and stats. are always informative and welcome.

Thank you.

Report LoyalHoncho October 10, 2021 5:07 AM BST
Spot on Whispering.  That;s our western world values for us.  Add in the fact that the U.S. elected and installed a president who had been bankrupt five times then superseded him with a doddery old wet who can barely make the podium to speak and it makes an even grimmer perspective of the unacceptable face of democracy and capitalism.

Whisperingdeath06 Oct 21 20:55
Sad indictment of our country that a man sacked three times for lying has been trusted to run the country. Now th3 country is going to have to pay for its stupidity.

We are getting what we voted for...a clown!
Report cryoftruth October 10, 2021 8:12 AM BST
With Boris, you get what it says on the tin
Trouble is the tin has the phrase
“Incompetent liar” written in bold all over it.

That is certainly what we have.

About to get a massive recession be cause of Boris.
Pandemic management worst in Europe.
And the PPEgate corruption he presided over is utterly shameful.
Businesses going down the pan
Hotels and Restaurants closed because of lack of staff.
Massive stock market slide imminent.
Pigs being culled and buried because he thinks a lack of butchers is a joke and farmers going to the wall is funny.

And Johnson?
He has beggared off to Spain to have a nice holiday.

Incredible.

I hated Thatcher. But anyone old enough to remember her will know the corruption, dishonesty and incompetence of Johnson and his evil brood, would not have lasted 2 minutes under Thatcher. She would have kicked the lot out.
Report akabula October 10, 2021 8:18 AM BST
Get the salt cellar out, CoTs posting.
Report cryoftruth October 10, 2021 8:20 AM BST
Get the loo roll out.
Bula has opened his poisonous gob again.
Report akabula October 10, 2021 8:28 AM BST
Civic and joyous they claim, then they speak. Laugh
Report cryoftruth October 10, 2021 10:04 AM BST
It is truly dizzying to live in the UK these days, if you have a good memory. Life under Boris Johnson’s government means that whatever they tell you today, it will all have changed by tomorrow. Whatever you remember, it never happened like that. What Johnson did was not as it seemed, or it was someone else’s fault. Johnson came to power thanks to lies, half-truths and sleights of hand. Back in 2019, his friends in the Conservative Party and his critics who cared about the future of the United Kingdom all hoped that he would not be able to continue in that vein as Prime Minister.

Eighteen months after his election victory, the opposite is the case. Johnson has remained true to himself and is now more popular than ever before. In the wake of the pandemic and the UK’s successful vaccination campaign, nothing seems to stick: not his catastrophic mismanagement at the beginning of the pandemic, nor his fractured relationship with the truth, not even the frequent cases of corruption within his cabinet. Furthermore, the growing damage done by Brexit to the British economy is rarely discussed in the country. Even his government’s increasingly authoritarian assaults on citizens seem to go unnoticed by the public. Johnson has shifted his party so far to the right that attacks on the justice system and the media are part of everyday life, with potentially fatal consequences for parliamentary democracy in the UK.

Will this situation change once the country escapes the shadow of the pandemic, which is currently obscuring the wider picture? There is good reason to believe that will not happen.

In any case, the actual lies are only part of the problem; the bigger issue is the blurring of the truth behind the bullshit, as the American philosopher Harry Frankfurt deduced back in the 1980s. If you lie, you must know the truth, and keep an eye on the facts as your reference system. That way, truth ultimately retains its validity. The bull****, on the other hand – and Frankfurt believed this to be key – is indifferent to the truth; he simply takes liberties with truth and facts. He is not interested in “reality”. He is only interested in making his claims stick. He manipulates everything to suit his cause, in order to hide that he is up to no good. He obscures the facts as points of reference and by so doing undermines the political culture of a democracy that depends on the distinction between what is true and what is false.

Here is an example. Since the success of the British vaccination programme, Johnson has not tired of extolling that success at every opportunity as the first big Brexit benefit. Yet the decision to go it alone was arrived at and implemented during the transition period – a modus operandi which all EU member states were free to choose if they wished. One could, of course, say that had the UK still been a full member of the EU, it would have signed up to joint programmes with the other European nations, and that vaccination would have been slower, but that would be pure speculation. The distortion of the facts, however, created a false picture that has taken hold in the public consciousness.

This blurring of the truth functions in a similar manner with the post-Brexit trade deals. These are, so far, mostly carbon copies of the existing EU deals, but have been sold to the nation as new ones that are better for the country, and trumpeted on social media using spurious facts. The mood music to all this can then be heard in the big tabloid newspapers, which were the driving force behind Brexit. Trade deals have so far not really been judged in terms of their real benefit to the country; they are simply rhetorical props in the great Brexit spectacle. The reality behind them is fading
from view.

The same is happening on the international stage. What was formally agreed yesterday is no longer valid today. The new reality is simply superimposed on the old. The Northern Ireland Secretary Brandon Lewis, for instance, warned the EU that Brussels must find a solution to the unrest in Northern Ireland, otherwise the whole Brexit deal was at risk. The background to this was that, thanks to Johnson’s Brexit deal, the EU external border now runs through the Irish Sea between Northern Ireland and Great Britain. This has led to frequent delays at customs in Northern Ireland, resulting in goods shortages. That was the price that Johnson – unlike his predecessor Theresa May – was willing to pay to get the troublesome issue off the table. For years, trade experts had repeatedly warned of the problems this would cause Northern Ireland, but they were consistently ignored.
Report Dr Crippen October 10, 2021 12:41 PM BST
winningthought 07 Oct 21 20:49

Don't worry Crips, that touch and those vintage Mayfair mags will get you through any blackout.

What a giveaway, easy to see what winningthough's first concern would be if he couldn't use his computer.
Report Charlie October 10, 2021 6:26 PM BST
Hopefully Doris will be gone soon, unfortunately the nasties don't have a credible replacement.
Report Foinavon October 10, 2021 6:44 PM BST
We know Hezza's agenda. A former plutocrat stating the obvious.
Report Charlie October 10, 2021 6:49 PM BST

Oct 10, 2021 -- 12:44PM, Foinavon wrote:

We know Hezza's agenda. A former plutocrat stating the obvious.

Frequently, stating the obvious is useful because a lot of people can't see it, especially Tories.

Report Foinavon October 10, 2021 6:57 PM BST
I think most people can see the global gas crisis and the additional problems generated by the lockdowns. Did Heseltine object to the short term energy policies of successive governments or the Covid policy? If he did he wasn't all that vocal as I didn't hear them. Has he suggested any credible answers to the problems?
Report Charlie October 10, 2021 7:02 PM BST

Oct 10, 2021 -- 12:57PM, Foinavon wrote:

I think most people can see the global gas crisis and the additional problems generated by the lockdowns. Did Heseltine object to the short term energy policies of successive governments or the Covid policy? If he did he wasn't all that vocal as I didn't hear them. Has he suggested any credible answers to the problems?

I don't think he did object to short term energy policies or covid policy (i'm not sure though) and don't really care. Don't know if he has answers to anything. But what he says is correct, this governement is sh!te. You need to start there - get rid of 'em.

Report Foinavon October 10, 2021 7:06 PM BST
I don't disagree but the alternative is no better. We will all have the chance to express a view at the next election.
Report Charlie October 10, 2021 7:09 PM BST

Oct 10, 2021 -- 1:06PM, Foinavon wrote:

I don't disagree but the alternative is no better. We will all have the chance to express a view at the next election.

Maybe, but the first thing voters need to realize is that this governement is crap. What happens after that is another issue.

Report cryoftruth October 11, 2021 12:06 PM BST
Charlie
This government is nowhere near as good as you make out.
Report Whisperingdeath October 11, 2021 1:41 PM BST
It is the global gas crisis innit!

I mean it was the covid pandemic wasn't it.

The lorry drivers, supply chain, fruit pickers, pig killers and butchers.......but

absolutely nothing to do with Brexit!
Report Dr Crippen October 11, 2021 1:43 PM BST
absolutely nothing to do with Brexit!

Agree.
Report Whisperingdeath October 11, 2021 2:01 PM BST
Of course you do. I will leave it at that.
Report Charlie October 11, 2021 3:34 PM BST

Oct 11, 2021 -- 6:06AM, cryoftruth wrote:

Charlie This government is nowhere near as good as you make out.

Apologies, I did rather exaggerate their capabilities.

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 11, 2021 7:23 PM BST
Who's funding Johnson and
Carrie Antoinette's jolly?

He hasn't got a pot to pish in
with dozens of sprogs to fund.
Report sofiakenny October 11, 2021 8:28 PM BST
Zac Goldsmith.
Report Whisperingdeath October 11, 2021 9:05 PM BST
LORD Goldsmith?

Anyone know how much tax payer money his companies have had?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 11, 2021 9:32 PM BST
A conservation charity run by a Conservative Party donor who hired the prime minister’s wife Carrie Johnson lobbied the government in an attempt to purchase a game reserve in Africa, it has emerged.

Boris Johnson’s partner become director of communications at the Aspinall Foundation months after the charity asked environment minister Zac Goldsmith for government support to buy the wildlife reserve in South Africa, emails show.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 11, 2021 9:33 PM BST
In April 2020, Lord Goldsmith wrote to officials at the Department for Environment Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) saying he had “been speaking to Damian about the crisis facing our zoos”.

The Tory peer, the minister for animal welfare, said Mr Aspinall wanted staff at zoos hit by the sudden closures to be “treated as if they had been laid off
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 11, 2021 9:34 PM BST
Mr Aspinall previously donated to Lord Goldsmith when he was an MP, Electoral Commission records show. And Lord Goldsmith was previously a trustee at Mr Aspinall’s charity, resigning in August 2019.

A few weeks after the emails to Defra officials the government unveiled its Zoo Support Fund, giving grants of up to £100,000 to those hit by Covid lockdown closures.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 11, 2021 9:35 PM BST
In January 2021, the Aspinall Foundation announced that Ms Johnson would take over as the head of communications of the charity.

The appointment raised eyebrows after it emerged that the charity had claimed thousands of pounds in furlough payments.
Report LoyalHoncho October 11, 2021 11:04 PM BST
The trouble with the Tories is their ideology.  However compared to the alternative there is no alternative.
Which is why we have a cabal of pocket-lining bstrds running our country into the ground.
So all these fcking lunatics who believe in the collective will of the labour party members are consigning themselves and us to the Tory lash.
McCluskey - not a patch on his old man by the way - and all his socialist, union power-brokers have so much to answer for.
Report cryoftruth October 12, 2021 6:10 PM BST
The British government waited too long to impose a lockdown in the early days of the Covid-19 pandemic, missing a chance to contain the disease and leading to thousands of unnecessary deaths, a parliamentary report concluded Tuesday.

ADVERTISING

The deadly delay resulted from ministers’ failure to question the recommendations of scientific advisers, resulting in a dangerous level of “groupthink” that caused them to dismiss the more aggressive strategies adopted in East and Southeast Asia, according to the joint report from the House of Commons’ science and health committees.

It was only when Britain's National Health Service risked being overwhelmed by rapidly rising infections that Prime Minister Boris Johnson's Conservative government finally ordered a lockdown.

“There was a desire to avoid a lockdown because of the immense harm it would entail to the economy, normal health services and society,’’ the report said. “In the absence of other strategies such as rigorous case isolation, a meaningful test-and-trace operation, and robust border controls, a full lockdown was inevitable and should have come sooner.’’

The UK parliamentary report comes amid frustration with the timetable for a formal public inquiry into the government’s response to Covid-19, which Johnson says will start next spring.
Report cryoftruth October 12, 2021 6:11 PM BST
So the trouble is that they are dishonest. They are corrupt.
And their dithering incompetence slaughtered thousands unnecessarily.

Cruel incompetent butchers.

That’s Johnson’s Tory Government.
Report Cardinal Scott October 12, 2021 6:25 PM BST
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- October 14, 2021 10:30 PM BST

https://twitter.com/BBCNews/status/1448754673616293892?s=19

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com