Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
PorcupineorPineapple
30 Sep 21 11:29
| Topic/replies: 13,022 | Blogger: PorcupineorPineapple's blog
Did I imagine seeing this on here yesterday? Didn't read it but wondering what was said. Specifically were people trying to blame covid and the restrictions for her murder.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 162
By:
A_T
When: 30 Sep 21 11:35
it was absolutely vile. posters were trying to score points about COVID powers on the back of the poor girl's murder.
By:
A_T
When: 30 Sep 21 11:36
Specifically were people trying to blame covid and the restrictions for her murder.

I tried to pin down the culprit (who will remain brainless) but he was typically evasive
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 30 Sep 21 11:38
Didn't read it but wondering what was said

I think most people could answer that from what the OP has written if it's accurate. So what else is there to say about it?
By:
markzzz
When: 30 Sep 21 11:56
That kind of person would always have found a believable reason for the fake arrest.

To link it to Covid is incredibly stupid and despicable. Anybody trying to link it to Covid should be .......... (complete this sentence in any way you like - the harsher the better).
By:
casemoney
When: 30 Sep 21 12:22
Well  I would say it helped his cause with very few people being about .  Man needs hanging as does the other Perp who struck recently that AT seemed to have a major interest in until he realized he was not white ,Left the thread never to return ,strange that isn't it ,the stain has the audacity to accuse people of racism .
By:
1st time poster
When: 30 Sep 21 12:31
STAGGERING ADVICE TO PUBLIC WOMEN IN PARTICULAR in uk 2021

do not get in to an unmarked police car with a uk policemen,unless he,s accompanied and youve checked with their bosses
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 30 Sep 21 12:34
They're beauties aren't they that kind casemoney.

Easily caught out though.
By:
A_T
When: 30 Sep 21 12:34
Man needs hanging as does the other Perp who struck recently that AT seemed to have a major interest in until he realized he was not white

which thread was this?
By:
xmoneyx
When: 30 Sep 21 12:40
defence lawyer had difficulty defending him

"intended to kidnap & rape but not kill"
By:
1st time poster
When: 30 Sep 21 12:48
serving and ex police officers all over media telling people not to get
in unmarked police cars
dont believe a warrant card till checking with his station
dont stop if police try to pull you up drive to a lit garage

jesus christ police officers queuing up to tell the public they cant be trusted
By:
salmon spray
When: 30 Sep 21 13:08
Doesn't sound like very good advice if you happen to be young,male and black.
By:
1st time poster
When: 30 Sep 21 13:14
came as a shock to colleagues that a man they,d nicknamed THE RAPIST could be involved in anything like this SadCry
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 30 Sep 21 13:44
Yes I think that is pretty shocking 1TP

They must have known he was a wrong’un. Who allowed him to continue in his job after exposing himself? Why would you even if he was one of your own?
By:
A_T
When: 30 Sep 21 13:47
police are a strange breed - they're not like Inspector Morse - you have to be a borderline sociopath to get in the force
By:
1st time poster
When: 30 Sep 21 14:08
hows about this list from an recent ex police commander on sky today,
DONT
dob on your fellow officers because your likely to get your head kicked in[ her words ]
dont take a policemens warrant card at face value without contacting his station
dont get in any unmarked police car
dont stop if any marked police car tries to flag you down drive a lit garage and ask for help

running away from police to get help

jesus christ we really are fooooked whats the point in the police if we cant trust them
By:
saddo
When: 30 Sep 21 14:15
dont take a policemens warrant card at face value without contacting his station

Laugh they take half an hour to answer 111, never mind find his local station number
By:
1st time poster
When: 30 Sep 21 14:24
Laugh
By:
nineteen points
When: 30 Sep 21 14:34
You just need to look at the cowardly way they beat and arrest old folk and young women at protests.they never go for the big strong cheps.
By:
nineteen points
When: 30 Sep 21 14:34
You just need to look at the cowardly way they beat and arrest old folk and young women at protests.they never go for the big strong cheps.
By:
San Quentin
When: 30 Sep 21 14:47
No one deserves to hang for any offence.Clearly to me for these extreme offences a mental illness has to be present and needs treated and help given.Death penalty does not work and never will,I for 1 don't want part a society that's condones and indeed encourages.
Hate breeds Hate.
By:
nineteen points
When: 30 Sep 21 14:50
Thats your opinion.You have a right to it and i respect it.

However i have a different opinion and its my right to have it.
By:
San Quentin
When: 30 Sep 21 14:53
Exactly,when has anything different been suggested.Perhaps a very aggressive reply I would suggest.Perhaps you are needing to consider help to control any aggression building up.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 30 Sep 21 15:07
Death penalty does not work and never will,

Well I've never heard of a murderer doing it again after they've been executed.
By:
San Quentin
When: 30 Sep 21 15:19
We'll have you heard of murders taken place where the Death Penalty still is in force or indeed when the death penalty excited in the UK did murders still occur?
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 30 Sep 21 15:24
No, and have you heard of murders taking place where the death penalty is not in force?
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 30 Sep 21 15:27
I think that should have been - Yes, and have....
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 30 Sep 21 15:28
Neither system works in that respect.
You won't stop people from killing each other.

But there's a good way of ensuring that they only kill once.
By:
A_T
When: 30 Sep 21 15:51
death penalty states in the US have the worst rates of homicide - all the DP does is fuel the blood-lust of Crippen-types
By:
Charlie
When: 30 Sep 21 15:53
I'm not in favour of hanging.

In the past there have been quite a few cases of hanging based on dubious evidence. I would, however, say that improved methods of collecting evidence (DNA for example) would probably lead to less incorrect verdicts being made these days.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 30 Sep 21 16:52
Couzens not alone...

PC Imran Aftab - based at Hammersmith - attended the hearing, held at the PSD rooms in York, where he answered three allegations that he had breached the standards of professional behaviour.

These were:

The officer used his police identification for a non-policing purpose and thereby attempted to abuse his position for a sexual purpose
    The officer made inappropriate comments which were considered to be racist
    The officer engaged with the complainant without a reasonable excuse, breaching government guidelines on social distancing

The allegations relate to an incident in April 2020.

Our Professional Standards Department (PSD) and the Independent Office of Police Conduct (IOPC) both subsequently began investigations and concluded the officer had a case to answer for gross misconduct.

The independent panel found the officer had a case proven for both allegations at the level of Gross Misconduct. He subsequently received a final written warning.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 30 Sep 21 16:57
A police officer who resigned after drunkenly assaulting a woman has been barred from rejoining the ranks.

Former West Midlands Police PC Oliver Banfield admitted assaulting Emma Homer last July while drunk.

Banfield was given a curfew sentence, sparking criticism he was not jailed.

At a misconduct hearing, West Midlands Police Chief Constable Sir David Thompson said, had Banfield not stepped down, he "would have been dismissed without notice".

Banfield was given a community order and instructed to pay £500 in compensation after admitting the street attack at a magistrates' court hearing in March.

At the accelerated misconduct hearing on Tuesday, Sir David ruled Banfield, who did not attend, was guilty of gross misconduct and his use of force had been "wholly unnecessary and disproportionate."
Emma HomerImage source, Emma Homer
Image caption, Emma Homer said the attack had left her with "anxiety, insomnia and stress"

"The officer was drunk, the officer was off-duty and the officer engaged in assault and abusive behaviour and the use of misogynistic comments towards the victim," Sir David said.

"It's very clear that the incident has caused her significant psychological distress.

"Frankly the facts of this case show this was behaviour by an immature recruit, somebody who was very much a civilian in uniform and had not made the transition to becoming a police officer with the values and standards expected."

Banfield will be added to a College of Policing record to ensure he is unable to rejoin the police service.
Oliver BanfieldImage source, Sally Homer
Image caption, Oliver Banfield did not attend the accelerated misconduct hearing on Tuesday

The 25-year-old admitted a charge of assault by beating on Ms Homer, who was walking home in Bidford-on-Avon, Warwickshire.

In a victim impact statement, Ms Homer had said the attack had left her with "anxiety, insomnia and stress...compounded by the slow response from Warwickshire Police".

The Warwickshire force has has since apologised, admitting its "initial response...was not as swift as it should have been."

s Homer said the attack had left her with "anxiety, insomnia and stress" and her family said they were "disappointed" with 25-year-old Banfield's sentence, a night-time curfew.

During the sentencing hearing at Leicester Magistrates' Court, CCTV was shown in which Banfield could be seen shouting at Ms Homer.

He is seen grabbing her and forcing her to the floor during the assault in the early hours of 26 July in Bidford-on-Avon, Warwickshire.

In her victim personal statement which was read out in court, she said she thought he was "fulfilling a violent cop movie fantasy".

Warwickshire Police said it had personally apologised to Ms Homer for delays in the investigation.

Initially the CPS said there was not enough evidence to bring a prosecution. But after Ms Homer appealed, further inquiries were made and Banfield was charged.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 30 Sep 21 17:03
An update from British transport
police.

We totally agree this was an appalling incident and the decision not to dismiss PC Aftab was made by an independent panel, led by a legally qualified chair.

We don’t agree with their decision either, and as such instigated a judicial review to appeal it which is ongoing.
By:
snowynoon
When: 30 Sep 21 17:04
A "whole life sentence" ,fair enough ,deserves all he gets ,just wonder why this wasnt given to Colin Pitchfork ,convicted of raping and killing 2 teenage girls ,a few years apart ,and yet is now out on the streets again ,go figure ???
By:
jollyswagman
When: 30 Sep 21 17:07
https://www.judiciary.uk/judgments/wayne-couzens-sentencing-remarks/ - the judge's sentencing remarks, always worth a read.
By:
jollyswagman
When: 30 Sep 21 17:09
https://rozenberg.substack.com/p/will-killer-die-in-prison - the views of legal commentator joshua rozenberg prior to sentencing.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 30 Sep 21 17:18
True Snowy

The law is untenable for most of us. That is why you need solicitors to understand it. Of course the people who write the laws are....Solicitors in Parliament!

I am with Napoleon on Solicitors
By:
jollyswagman
When: 30 Sep 21 17:28
snowy, i believe there was no such sentence at the time.
By:
jollyswagman
When: 30 Sep 21 17:29
i think once pitchfork served his time and was no longer considered a threat there was nothing that could be done to legally keep him in prison.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 30 Sep 21 17:34
How do we know he is not a threat?
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo