Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 144 comments are related to the topic:
HGV Shortage of drivers..........

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 144
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Oct 21 09:20
Go on then just Checking

Say it loud and say it proud

The Tories under Doris the Clown could do 10 times better!

Say it like it is!
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 03 Oct 21 09:35
I'm not tribal, I'm quite happy to say the Tories could do 10 times better and the DVLA on their watch. Also the offer of a 3 month visa for EU drivers is risable, absolutely pathetic.

But most of this is not due to Brexit. Final note, it's quite obvious given there are 100,000s of drivers with licenses that somethng is far wrong with the industry in Britain. Poor wages (which will now go up = good). Poor treatment (hopefully to get better). In fact just googling a stat on the above reveals this article. Maybe Remoaners should read it.
https://www.thegrocer.co.uk/supply-chain/the-real-causes-of-the-hgv-driver-shortage-and-why-we-cant-blame-it-all-on-brexit/659841.article
If anything is wrong, please city a source. Maybe remoaners like our HGV drivers being underpaid and treated like sh1t.
"Poland, for example, is currently short of around 124,000 drivers, or 37% of its required workforce, according to a recent report by TI Insight. That’s an even higher shortfall than the UK." Hmm!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Oct 21 09:38
How many Armies are delivering petrol in Europe?
By:
lfc1971
When: 03 Oct 21 09:40
Maybe they aren’t panic buying in Europe ?
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 03 Oct 21 09:41
btw, you need to check driver shortages for pre-pandemic. Give you a clue, the industry reps were saying they were massively short then too. It's almost like they're under the thumb of the big employers and their job is to make it look like the industry is struggling and needs help and subsidies from the government and more laws to bring in cheap labour. Hmm!

And when you grasp that, then maybe you need to figure out what a real shortage is then. If there were these severe driver shortages years ago and things were running smoothly, and the same people on the continent are saying the same now and they're still running smoothly then it's not really a shortage. But what would an actual shortage look like? Maybe it would mean things not getting delivered, warehouses overflowing, stock stood on dockside as it's got nowhere to go, supply chain blockages, empty shelves, empty petrol stations, the army being called in to help. Maybe. Just maybe that's what an actual shortage is. The other one is just paid shills trying to lobby governments.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Oct 21 09:45
Andrew Marr to Doris Johnson

“ ok we are heading to bluster “
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Oct 21 09:49
Doris Johnson to Andrew Marr

“ I won’t blame you for the great pig slaughter”
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Oct 21 09:51
Now Doris is blatantly lying and contradicting ONS wage figures
By:
lapsy pa
When: 03 Oct 21 09:56
Indeed WD, highest taxes since ww2 and inflation going upwards,wages can only be going down in real terms
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Oct 21 09:57
It’s not Brexit it’s the pandemic wot dun it. Ain’t it so Just Checking?
By:
Just Checking
When: 03 Oct 21 11:45
PoP. Are you on the same level as WD? I don't think so. Your are annoying but not a complete moron.
But you apparently struggle to be. Here's a quick review of facts.

1. I think the Tories are handling the HGV thing incredibly badly. I'm not tribal.
2. I think Brexit plays a small part, but in the big picture, meh, and given facts it's not the driving factor..
3. ... pre brexit it depressed driver wages, wages i'm happy to pay are now going up ... good . ... fairy nurf.

You see this is what annoys me. I can happily say "the tories are **** on this" as i'm an adult. it's not tribal. it's a fact.
I think the Tories are shocking recently, totally useless. Lefties or SNP types can't seem to do this. I'm in no way here trying to justify "my vote" I'm being realistic, something remoaners aren't.
Unlike PoliticsOrPunter, I'm not lying.
By:
1st time poster
When: 03 Oct 21 11:57
your missing the most important points out
are you happy to fund low paid workers massive pay rises on the back of higher taxes, food,utility,fuel prices and if so and this was the reason behind brexit why were brexiteer ministers/johnson promising lower taxes,lower food,utillity,fuel prices
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 03 Oct 21 12:03
Lefties or SNP types can't seem to do this.

No they won't give ground at all, because they know their political views are based on envy.
By:
moisok
When: 03 Oct 21 12:13
50,000 waiting for licences  while the dvla sits on its collective erse at home
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 03 Oct 21 12:20
Paid to drink tea.
Paid to drink tea at home for the last 12 months.

I bet the best kept small garden of the year prize goes to a civil servant.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Oct 21 13:38
Borderline retarded?

What did you expect when you voted for Brexit and sending all the foreigners home?
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 03 Oct 21 13:49
Borderline, lol
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Oct 21 13:50
Thats the trouble

They do not know how to protect their borders!
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 03 Oct 21 13:51
Maybe we should work through this

£350 million a week to spend on the NHS
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 03 Oct 21 13:53
We used to keep immigrants out
by inspecting lorries.

Then some brexiteers started
broadcasting adverts for a new
route via sea, which is far
more difficult to stop.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 03 Oct 21 14:01
lol civil servents,surely it is mainly the fault of 'UK haters'? didn't they come out with this project fear and thought Johnson was beyond competent?

You get what you deserve by collusion with the tories except many don't deserve it.
By:
clouded leopard
When: 03 Oct 21 16:01
All very much by design

How many more clues do people need ?

This will run and run
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 14 Oct 21 21:15
Blimey, wasn't expecting that. Government has backed down completely and allowed cabotage - ie foreign drivers to drop off here, and then do other jobs while here before heading back. Given the big jump in wage rates in the UK I suspect we might see a sudden influx of European trucks on our roads again very soon.

Good news for unblocking the ports and getting goods where they need to be, not so great news for British truck drivers.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 15 Oct 21 13:20
Unite are talking about strikes for their HGV drivers over wages and conditions, i get the conditions part,they are stone age compared to the continent,but why wages, i thought lorry drivers would have got a decent wage rise?
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 15 Oct 21 15:24
Wages have shot up. Drivers seem more pissed off than ever today though.
Page 4 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com