Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 144 comments are related to the topic:
HGV Shortage of drivers..........

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 144
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Sep 21 21:59
If they face up to problems of brexit
and act to fix em we might
actually get some benefits from brexit.

But sticking fingers in ears
and hands over eyes, stamping
feet like children won't fix it.
By:
1st time poster
When: 26 Sep 21 22:03
boris johnson has just nationalised the fuel industry a tory gov suspending competition in the sector
army on the streets
10.000 eu migrants coming on to the streets

but theres no problem
HONEST
LaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
brentford
When: 26 Sep 21 22:03
Well in my opinion lapsy...the referendum was called for purely party political reasons to try and remove backbench discontent in the Conservative Party that had been festering for years and to stop the bleeding of vote loss to UKIP who became a real factor in UK Politics as a single issue party....the problem was that no one had considered, let alone planned for 'remain' losing...

should never have been called in reality (the referendum) without years of thought going into how an exit would work and consultation with the EU for a coherent unravelling that had never been seen before....but that's party politics for you...
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Sep 21 22:08
Correct Brentford,now they have control back in the house,but the two faces are being once again revealed.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Sep 21 22:08
We've voted for Brexit.

Now we need to apply it, whilst
doing as little harm as possible
and be ready to take steps
to get us through.

Not just blame everybody else.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Sep 21 22:10
It can't be done,and it won't be resolved.
By:
brentford
When: 26 Sep 21 22:12
well I wouldn't disagree in aspects yhtl especially where somewhat unique emergencies occur but if you just effectively disown the democratic voters wishes by backdooring policies that totally undermine the break at every oportunity...a) - you don't honour the referendum and b) you never get to find out the true result of the economic/political debate to begin with.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Sep 21 22:13
We have to make it work.

There's a massive problem with
Northern Ireland, but thats
a government diplomacy issue
beyond what the public can fix.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 26 Sep 21 22:14
You have a good manner Brentford,Jolly is right too, it is in part due to covid just now but the brexit being delivered is one that is short of lorry drivers,food processing,care workers,agricultural workers,hosptality workers,fookin ell. The answer a couple of years ago was The British will do it,they won't,not for £8-10 ph in a lot of cases. They aren't altogether wrong either,it is hard work,but who is expected to do it?

It is going to crumble downwards and no amount of bolloxology about Europe have drive shortages is going to justify it.
Morally i agree with you Brentford but....
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Sep 21 22:16
Brentford

The back doors have to be temporary
to ensure brexit works.

Government need to be far more
proactive and be honest with
public.

Even the racist papers are calling
for more immigration
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Sep 21 22:19
People, the horse bolted some time ago.

This is not something you must fix.

It's a broken system now and will be for many years.

Patchwork quilt,a leaky bucket, a two foot ladder.

It's going to get much worse folks.

How people can't see that is mind blowing.
By:
brentford
When: 26 Sep 21 22:23
of course we could just have another referendum...Mischief

the original one was based more around philosophy than anything else as neither side of the ref' debate knew what Brexit would actually look like...

maybe we should have had a referendum on the deal that was made and a 3 option paper...
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Sep 21 22:24
Yes Pa, Brentford is far more eloquent than us pair
of gombeens but Boloxoligy it is,sham. Lol
By:
lapsy pa
When: 26 Sep 21 22:26
I'm grand PD in reply to your good wishes on another thread,some langer alright tho, In  the space of a month it hasgone so pete tong,you are bang on,not going to be any better for the foreseeable.Planned to fail almost, it galled them to give lip service visas out today,they have never been fit for purposeas the last few years have shown,kill the country once we are in Westminster, really?
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Sep 21 22:27
Come on Brentford, some folk knew.

If you take the jokers from the pack, well what's left.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Sep 21 22:29
Can't see another referendum
as tories would get slaughtered for it.

Just have to see the problems and fix em.
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Sep 21 22:34
When I first headed for England some 40yrs ago I felt free,I had left all that old sh it behind and had arrived in the land of milk and honey.

You would have to be pure thick not to make a fairly decent life and with good folk too.

I wouldn't feel the same now or advice my young
Nephews to do the same,sadly.
By:
brentford
When: 26 Sep 21 22:35
I did put a mischief face yhtl

more importantly pecker are you cleaning up in the IPL ...not a strong  point for me !
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Sep 21 22:36
I saw that Brentford.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Sep 21 22:37
The face not your ipl record Mischief
By:
brentford
When: 26 Sep 21 22:38
Laugh yhtl
By:
lapsy pa
When: 26 Sep 21 22:43
Yes PD, not too different myself, hard work, years with a pneumatic gun myself,6/7 day weeks,i partied too without an ounce of cop on and hadn't the slightest bad word against any English person(except the WPC who dragged me into Snowhill police station cos she thought i was an IRA terrorist but i just didn't pay poll tax), i still don't have a bad word except that shower of charalatans in government care more for the party than the people and that is a disgrace.
By:
1st time poster
When: 26 Sep 21 22:43
so will madely on gmb tomorrow blame panic buyers for people with caner,kids,old peopl missing hospital appointments, people not been able to get to work,like they did with 25 protestors on the M 25
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Sep 21 22:44
Not a fan of T20 as a long term method to profit making.

With no Test s i rely mostly on Good these days.

That's what the numbers tell me.

Have had a very good year in the main due to golf, otherwise I'd have struggled.
By:
brentford
When: 26 Sep 21 22:49
not just me then pecker...go well mate

and cheers lapsy btw...likewise re manner...means you get to disagree without becoming lifelong adversaries at least...
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Sep 21 22:54
Pa, that's an amazing  coincidence.

In about 84 I fell asleep in a boozer, in the cubicle loo, in Morden, because someone gave me a lift when I was fairly cut already.

I woke up to N empty pub and alarms everywhere, with a German Shepherd going nuts too T the foot of the stairs but behind a rail.

What was I to do, so I leaned over and pulled a half while waiting on the inevitable.

Wimbledon station they took me too.

They tried to pin an armed robbery on me from two weeks earlier, the branch gave me he'll and held me for 36 hours.

Total truth that.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Sep 21 22:55
BREAKING: Home Secretary announces plan to set up task force to deport any EU lorry drivers who remain in the U.K. after 24th Dec.
Ms Patel said “It is a special privilege for lorry drivers to be able come here and work and it shouldn’t be abused”
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Sep 21 22:56
Gave me a puff
By:
Capt__F
When: 26 Sep 21 22:58
G norton
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Sep 21 22:58
Special privilege ha, well that's turned old th back already.

That woman is some ****.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 26 Sep 21 23:03
I cycled down a tiny one way street on a push bike the wrong way PD near the Tower of London! Myself and the bike was put into the back of a paddywagon,i knew when i opened my mouth i was fecked.
Only for mrs lapsy thinking i was dead i'd still be there, i wasn't long after meeting her and still going strong!

Brentford have a good rest of the evening, a comment i heard tonight i thought v good was Brexit is the economic form of covid,a wry smile surely.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 26 Sep 21 23:06
You serious YHTL? surely not?
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 26 Sep 21 23:16
It's a wind up from twitter

But with this government
you have to look twice

Lol
By:
peckerdunne
When: 26 Sep 21 23:19
Nice one Pa, still going strong, that's cool.

I was on Inish Mor Aranislands with the wife and son three weeks ago, twas lovely, but sadly we're not together no more, breaks my heart still, after 30 yrs together, but that's life I guess, not lost hope just yet either.

Anyhow bedtime now, laters Pa.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 26 Sep 21 23:38
Ha YHTL, there is a bit of arrogance with the visa thing,a lot of 'saving Christmas' talk,yep johnny foreigner save UKs Christmas, the absurdity of it.

I know you were bulling with Johnsons covid policies PD in concern for her,fair play and the fact you met her recently in Ireland speaks volumes,respect at least is there on her side too. Not all plain sailing myself either,i loved Ireland too or thought i did and the life there and spent a few years 'split up' that actually worked paradoxically,your bond will always be there.

Goodnight.
By:
1st time poster
When: 27 Sep 21 09:16
lets break a life long belief and take a tory at their words
theres a shortage of drivers in EU

so common sense says you,d need to be an out of work driver in EU to be tempted to come here before patel gives you a knock on 24th dec,with all that entails travel,housing etc

someone might want to ask why these drivers arnt working in the EU currently if theres a shortage
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 27 Sep 21 11:00
I really wonder what people who voted fir Brexit thought was going to happen?

I voted for  Brexit. I voted for chaos.

Things have to change. We are not here for the rich!
By:
1st time poster
When: 27 Sep 21 11:04
cameron iscaught out advising another large multi million £ firm hoiw to avoid tax on the margins of the legality he set the rules on
By:
A_T
When: 27 Sep 21 11:17
Boris calling in the Army

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10031025/Boris-calls-Army-Hundreds-soldiers-scrambled-drive-fuel-trucks.html
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 27 Sep 21 11:18
someone might want to ask why these drivers arnt working in the EU currently if theres a shortage

Same reason why the NHS is always short of workers. Job vacancies aren't spread uniforn across a country the same as unemployment rates.

Why were they here before covid?
Page 2 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com