Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
sofiakenny
20 Sep 21 12:15
| Topic/replies: 25,517 | Blogger: sofiakenny's blog
two weeks ago 9 bog rolls £3.50 today £4.75...pack of mince £2.25 now £2.95...bag of sweets £1 now £1.40..breakfast cereal £2 now £2.50..ffs.Sad

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 199
By:
saddo
When: 20 Sep 21 12:19
Most of our population should eat less tbf, fatties everywhere. Inflation might perhaps do em good health wise, in a roundabout way.
By:
DancingBraveTheBest
When: 20 Sep 21 12:23
The amount of food some families waste is preposterous, just my own mother and sister as examples, fridges and freezers full of food, best before and use by dates regularly come and go, i dont stick my beak in anymore but im sure they are not the only ones.
By:
casemoney
When: 20 Sep 21 12:25
Looking at them Items you need a lesson in Math  Kenny boy LaughLaugh
By:
1st time poster
When: 20 Sep 21 12:29
AN OAP,poor families could probably survive without going anywhere near 80% of the items used to work out supermarket inflation
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 20 Sep 21 12:31
Some have no real choice in the matter

Eat or heat Sad

But fat rich kids won't get the help
from inflation rising nor tax on sugar.

Inflation is massaged by the monitored
items being altered and new items
being added at peak price and removed
when price has fallen as item is no longer
popular.

They even changed the method of
calculating inflation (ffs) which
was seemingly to help the newly
Independent bank of England.

Supermarkets have been lifting prices
of popular items for decades.

Can only shop around so much too.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 20 Sep 21 12:34
can't afford bog roll anymore I am now using The Guardian
By:
saddo
When: 20 Sep 21 13:04
DancingBraveTheBest 20 Sep 21 11:23 
The amount of food some families waste is preposterous, just my own mother and sister as examples, fridges and freezers full of food, best before and use by dates regularly come and go, i dont stick my beak in anymore but im sure they are not the only ones.

I was brought up not to waste food, 'starving kids in India' etc. It never leaves you and even my cat's food dregs go to the magpies and hedgehogs.
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 20 Sep 21 13:12

Sep 20, 2021 -- 6:19AM, saddo wrote:

Most of our population should eat less tbf, fatties everywhere. Inflation might perhaps do em good health wise, in a roundabout way.

To be fair you're probably right, 95% of the food in supermarkets is c*ap anyway

Today I went into Aldi and Tesco today and the amount of obese people pushing trollies full of junk is saddening, I feel sorry for them most of the time in their masks and most walk with a gimp ffs

A funny but also sad story today though was an old bloke in Tesco going into the toilets, I started drying my hands on the blower and I could hear him screaming "oi oi" over it, I didn't think much of it but he then screamed "oiiii, oiiiii" started banging on the side panel, and his carer (A woman) had to come in to see if he was ok... I switched the blower off and the carer asked him what was wrong and he said "I fell into the fooking toilet".... I had to barge the door open and help the carer get him out the fooking thing. Bless him, but I couldn't stop chuckling in the job centre ffs. But he was a big fellow, overweight and struggling to walk into that toilet which is sad.

By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 20 Sep 21 13:13
All down to planning what you buy.

Loads of folk could save a fortune
via planning and budgets.

Hey ho,  one day!
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 20 Sep 21 13:15
Tesco need to sort those toilets out as well because the idiots have made the lock stick to small for the door, you have to put your foot on the door and p*ss or s*it sideways LaughCry
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 20 Sep 21 13:17

Sep 20, 2021 -- 7:04AM, saddo wrote:

DancingBraveTheBest 20 Sep 21 11:23

By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 20 Sep 21 13:17
My grandma was like that, I can remember one christmas we'd made far to much and a lot was going in the bin and she was having a right go Laugh
By:
1st time poster
When: 20 Sep 21 13:51
a nice 3% fall in ftse last 2 sessions makes one believe theres not a person still breathing who believes any of the shoite spewed out by uk, johnson  government,even johnson admits theres no good news on the horizon for months,
the u turn cartonn clown car getting polished and ready to reverse out of the no 10 garage anytime soon regards uni credit cut
By:
Cider
When: 20 Sep 21 13:55
do you want schooling again 1st timer Grin
By:
cryoftruth
When: 20 Sep 21 14:00
Quite typical of the attitudes of many are the posts on this thread and others. Food banks and hungry kids are all (apparently like Covid, vaccines, Elvis Presley’s death and moon landings) a complete fake and some sort of conspiracy. Actually hungry British kiddies are real and  numerous. If you recall it took a footballer to get Johnson to get kiddies some food during school holidays. Johnson meanwhile has presided over the scandalous corruption that led to even Handcock’s barman getting a dodgy PPE contract and his terrible government has continued to perpetuate the huge tax handouts to the stinking rich bankers, who of course largely fund the Conservative Party.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 20 Sep 21 14:01
Fall in value of pound just ramps
up gas prices a bit more, and therefore
inflation.

Exports are cheaper, if we can get
em there.
By:
Cider
When: 20 Sep 21 14:04
Food banks are real, cot. Because people are now entitled. Most people in the older generation would rather be hungry than be seen begging for handouts.
By:
cryoftruth
When: 20 Sep 21 14:10
In fairness this government has had much to deal with.

For starters it has had to decide how to spend the billions of weekly savings we got as a country from leaving the EU as per the bus adverts. Then it had to decide just how many Tory donors could be rewarded via the corrupt PPE contracts.

Priti had to decide how many people to bully and how many inappropriate meetings she should have. Johnson had to decide how many times he would lie about borders to the people of Northern Ireland.

Johnson had to decide not to sack Cummings over the eye test scandal and it took time. Then he had the same issue over Handcock’s trousergate scandal.

Never mind at least Reece Smugg had nanny to cry on and Gove could go clubbing in Aberdeen so it’s not all been bad news for them.

So it’s not been easy for them poor loves.

But in spite of these many problems, it would certainly seem that Johnson’s government has easily been the most dishonest,inept, incompetent, greedy and cynical in living memory.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 20 Sep 21 14:18
Not all down to brexit and some to covid but a beaut from the 'seer' J.R.Mogg 2017

'What brexit should be about is ensuring the standard of living of The Daily Express readers are high'
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 20 Sep 21 14:43
Don't panic. Benefits of brexit will be along in 20 years or so.
By:
Cider
When: 20 Sep 21 14:48
I suspect the remoaners will still be remoaning.
By:
Just Checking
When: 20 Sep 21 14:52
Place bets he shops at Tesco that has rebranded as a Tesco Express and the prices hiked up by a huge margin but he's not worked it out. Probably instead walks around muttering about Tories and Independence.
By:
Just Checking
When: 20 Sep 21 14:54
*normal* tesco price is 2.95 for 9 toilet rolls:
https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/281055810
Tesco express prices are generally higher, often a lot higher as it's considered a premium price convencince store not a proper big shop supermarket, and 100s recently flipped to become an Express.
By:
sofiakenny
When: 20 Sep 21 15:00
Cider..loads of leavers are moaning pal!ExcitedLaugh
By:
Just Checking
When: 20 Sep 21 15:09
Also, I think (and this is the norm for a SCottish Separatist), he is likely just making stuff up and lying. It's effortless for SNP types.

Supermarket price comparison, 9 toilet roll. NONE, even for the fanciest most expensive super royalty compatible ar*e wiping material known to man, charge £4.75 for nine, never mind the normal stuff:

https://www.trolley.co.uk/search/?q=9+toilet+roll&suggested=
By:
A_T
When: 20 Sep 21 15:37
Most people in the older generation would rather be hungry than be seen begging for handouts.

the index-linked guaranteed incomes come in handy too
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 20 Sep 21 15:43
If your starving ie proper starving not just peckish or hungry, whereby your gut is churning and you feel weak and light headed because of a lack of suger and proper nutrients... you would take that food regardless of your pride trust me

You do some weird sh*t when starving, even going into an old persons home at the dead of night is done because you know there's food in there

And if a man is seeing his kids starving and his wife/girlfriend is giving him an earful etc, he will kill to get that last roll if it means his kids are eating for the night

You ain't seen nothing until you've seen a proper food shortage
By:
Cider
When: 20 Sep 21 15:44
Doing work if working age in exchange for cash comes in handy too.
By:
Cider
When: 20 Sep 21 15:46
Any assertion that anyone using food banks wouldn't be eating otherwise is a complete nonsense imv.
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 20 Sep 21 15:52
I don't think this country has ever experienced proper hunger on the whole

There's always been ways of getting food the homeless don't find it a problem do they

As for kids they are more resourceful and adaptable than their given credit for, during WW2 they would huddle into big groups because they understood strength in numbers, they'd find food remember

So its all down to how strong minded you are
By:
Cider
When: 20 Sep 21 15:57
There's a lot of profit to made by running and operating charidees
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 20 Sep 21 15:59
Anyone starving in this country really hasn't a clue in my opinion, you'd not want them in the trenches that's for sure
By:
Charlie
When: 20 Sep 21 16:18

Sep 20, 2021 -- 9:59AM, SontaranStratagem wrote:

Anyone starving in this country really hasn't a clue in my opinion, you'd not want them in the trenches that's for sure

I certainly wouldn't want you in any trench near me, I'd want people who know how to put a full shift in and then some more.

By:
Giuseppe
When: 20 Sep 21 16:20
lol says climate charlie who spends his days on protest
By:
Charlie
When: 20 Sep 21 16:55

Sep 20, 2021 -- 10:20AM, Giuseppe wrote:

lol says climate charlie who spends his days on protest

You should know that is not true and I was in the army.

By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 20 Sep 21 16:59
I'd take anything Charlie says with a pinch of salt, giuseppe

The bloke is a bit doo lally
By:
Giuseppe
When: 20 Sep 21 16:59
eco warriors aren't a real army mate
By:
Charlie
When: 20 Sep 21 17:04
Believe it or not it was HMF British Army. But why when there are w@nkers like you two about is a difficult question for me to answer.
By:
casemoney
When: 20 Sep 21 17:19
No price difference at all in the Shops , Ferguson must have added on a co-vid Tax ,or Kenny talking shyte .
Page 1 of 5  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com