Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
casemoney
18 Sep 21 11:26
| Topic/replies: 40,881 | Blogger: casemoney's blog
Laugh Billions spent on wind shyte , now people will be fleeced paying for Gas Laugh

You cannot make it up TBH
Pause Switch to Standard View NO WIND = EXPENSIVE GAS
Show More
Report Foinavon September 18, 2021 1:02 PM BST
Exactly. Today, the windmills are generating about half a gigawatt of a total demand of 30 gigawatts. We need more nuclear baseload.
Report Dr Crippen September 18, 2021 1:11 PM BST
We're going to end up freezing this winter.

The deluded man-made climate change fanatics are going to have a lot to answer for soon.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 18, 2021 1:17 PM BST
The ice age is coming, the sun's zooming in
Meltdown expected, the wheat is growing thin
Engines stop running, but I have no fear
'Cause London is drowning
I live by the river

London calling to the imitation zone
Forget it, brother, you can go it alone
London calling to the zombies of death
Quit holding out and draw another breath
London calling and I don't want to shout
But while we were talking, I saw you nodding out
London calling, see we ain't got no high
Except for that one with the yellowy eye
Report casemoney September 18, 2021 1:31 PM BST
Biblical Storms  Winds of 200 mph will sweep across many lands .
Report moisok September 18, 2021 1:36 PM BST
The Robin was around talking to me today - think he might be hungry.  DISASTER!!!  There's water in the river at the back - should I be worried?
Report nineteen points September 18, 2021 1:38 PM BST
why is anyone surprised?

they spent 10 years running the NHS into the ground then tell us we will have to pay if we want to fix it and not be locked down again.

When will folk wake up?
Report Just Checking September 18, 2021 2:05 PM BST
High quality safe nuclear power stations. That's what we need. Then put the waste far under ground in deep disused mine shafts.

Or just helicopter it and drop it on the Faroe islands.
Report macarony September 18, 2021 3:04 PM BST
Only Britain a country built on coal could run out of gas. Gas is easy to produce either with a bio digester or in our case use wind power to cook coal to make coal gas, but oh no we took the decision to use natural gas instead even though and as reported at the time we would run out of enough NG within 30/40 years.
Report casemoney September 18, 2021 3:36 PM BST
Soon be Zero carbon , Everyone frozen to death .
Report moisok September 18, 2021 3:52 PM BST
We are sat on 400 years supply of coal
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 18, 2021 3:56 PM BST
Britain has left the European Union - a move which may well have an impact on your energy bills. Energy UK, the trade association for the British energy industry, has said that a number of different issues could lead to higher household bills.

There are two potential areas that could push up bills for UK households:

A reduction in EU investment
    Leaving the EU Emission Trading System (EU ETS)

A reduction in EU investment and increased transportation costs

About 12% of the UK’s gas and 5% of its electricity comes from the EU. Interconnectors are pipes or wires that carry electricity or gas between countries. The UK has interconnectors with France, Belgium, The Netherlands and Ireland, while Northern Ireland has interconnectors with the Republic of Ireland and Scotland. Interconnectors linking the UK with Norway and Denmark are currently being built.

The UK has now left the EU Internal Energy Market, which means trade by these interconnectors could be less efficient and more expensive. This is likely to have a knock-on effect for bills.
Leaving the EU Emission Trading System (EU ETS)

The UK is no longer part of the EU Emission Trading System (EU ETS). This is an EU-wide system that puts a price on carbon through trading of emission permits.

The UK government has announced it will be establishing a domestic emissions trading scheme. It has previously said that its own scheme will be more ambitious than the EU system – in terms of reducing the cap on emissions allowed, and it could introduce a carbon tax. Again, such changes could lead to increases in our domestic bills.

The UK has signed a Nuclear Co-operation Agreement with Euratom – the EU’s nuclear cooperation treaty which took effect from January 1 2021. This should mean a smooth transition for the UK’s nuclear energy market.

https://www.moneysupermarket.com/gas-and-electricity/how-will-brexit-affect-energy-prices/

7 Jan 2021
Report macarony September 18, 2021 4:13 PM BST
At the end of the day gas is easy to produce the main reason we don't manufacture gas in every town and city is down to tax and control, imagine if your local council was making gas for the local area, just think of the extra money available to spend on roads, schools, hospitals and other services we would have. When we import gas from abroad the money goes out of this country, this to me bordering on the criminal waste of money
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 18, 2021 4:41 PM BST
Bleak Britain: Soaring bills, empty supermarket shelves, used cars that cost MORE and NO toys for Christmas - how UK faces being crippled by 'perfect storm' of Covid, Brexit and soaring gas prices that will leave families thousands out of pocket

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10003883/UK-faces-crippled-perfect-storm-Covid-Brexit-soaring-gas-prices.html

The daily fail.... Dear oh dear
Report casemoney September 18, 2021 5:30 PM BST
Billions gone on Green shyte  , No one left in Country Laugh    ZERO CARBON bar the few cows left farting in the Fields ,Thunderburgs mob Delighted .
Report Just Checking September 18, 2021 6:06 PM BST
The obvious solution is to not be reliant on anyone, which we could do if we had sense.

Wonder if these cables are vulnerable, just the other day some Russsian military ship was sailing past the UK, newspapers stated that cutting undersea cables was one of its roles. It's not like it'd be hard to find a bloody GW/TW power cable in a shallow trench, I'd imagine a 6th former could design a sensor to locate it.
Report macarony September 18, 2021 7:31 PM BST
Since the end of the 60s Britains reliance on other countries for things we either grew mined or manufactured as lead to the situation we are in today. I am all for cooperation we other countries but you need to ensure that if circumstances change then we have the ability to provide for ourselves, times are changing and things are only going to get worse
Report Dr Crippen September 18, 2021 7:52 PM BST
Insulate your homes before it's too late.
Report akabula September 18, 2021 11:37 PM BST
No shortage of wind on the Isle of Skye thanks to Bawbag Bunter.
Report akabula September 18, 2021 11:39 PM BST
... Mainly unpleasant though. Best stay upwind.
Report Reynard September 19, 2021 1:06 AM BST
nineteen points • September 18, 2021 1:38 PM BST
why is anyone surprised?

they spent 10 years running the NHS into the ground then tell us we will have to pay if we want to fix it and not be locked down again.

When will folk wake up?

If folk ain't awake by now they'll sleep forever Sad
Report casemoney September 19, 2021 4:29 AM BST
The obvious solution is to not be reliant on anyone, which we could do if we had sense.

No we cant the world Climate Change mob are running the show ,  The wind farms and Solar will sort the lot ,What I cannot understand

Is why the UK are foooking  even Involved its F,A to do with us ...

No shortage of wind on the Isle of Skye thanks to Bawbag Bunter. Shocked

Fckin ell Can u imagine the fooker Letting rip early Morn ,Must be a sound to behold Shocked
Report Dr Crippen September 19, 2021 11:44 AM BST
Aneurin Bevan - This island is made mainly of coal and surrounded by fish. Only an organizing genius could produce a shortage of coal and fish at the same time.

We've still got the coal, and we've still got the fish.

But we've managed to create an energy crisis, so we're not doing too bad in the organizing genius stakes.
Report macarony September 19, 2021 4:17 PM BST
The production of both gas and electricity is two of the easiest thing to make, gas with a bio digester and electric with an aluminium air battery. Eack local council could produce both and provide most if not all the needs of the local area. I don't understand why factories don't produce their own gas and electric it would save themselves millions
Report dave1357 September 19, 2021 5:09 PM BST
The UK has slashed its strategic gas storage to barely 1.7pc of annual demand by closing the Rough facility off the Yorkshire coast, subcontracting the costly task of storage to Germany and the Netherlands.
Mr Moffatt said he warned that closing Rough was a dangerous decision in key meetings with British officials but the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy dug in its heels. “They refused to listen and kept saying that we had diversity of supply: they misunderstood the responsiveness of liquefied natural gas to short-term shocks,” he said.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/mounting-fears-1970s-style-three-092842868.html
Report macarony September 19, 2021 6:22 PM BST
Sounds about right after all we live in a country obsessed with trying to save money it is a national dieses
Report SontaranStratagem September 19, 2021 9:43 PM BST

Sep 19, 2021 -- 10:17AM, macarony wrote:

The production of both gas and electricity is two of the easiest thing to make, gas with a bio digester and electric with an aluminium air battery. Eack local council could produce both and provide most if not all the needs of the local area. I don't understand why factories don't produce their own gas and electric it would save themselves millions

They want us all to be thick as pig s*it and rely on essentially our own energy creating methods and work but they pretend its there's

The food chain? I mean come on, we've been doing this game for decades but now we can't get food to the supermarkets? we can't grow it?.....

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com