Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
15 Sep 21 14:42
| Topic/replies: 24,577 | Blogger: ----you-have-to-laugh---'s blog
A good day to bury more bad news...

The chairman of The Prince's Foundation has resigned amid concerns over possible "rogue activity" linked to the future king's educational charity.

Douglas Connell said he would be responsible "if it appears that serious misconduct may have taken place".

Newspaper reports alleged the charity had accepted £100,000 from a Russian donor who was later promised a meeting with the Prince of Wales.

The Scottish Charity Regulator is investigating the claims.

The charity's ethics committee had ultimately rejected former banker Dmitry Leus's donation, the Mail on Sunday and the Sunday Times reported.

The Prince's Foundation chief executive Michael Fawcett temporarily stood down earlier this month, following separate allegations he had offered to help secure an honour for another major foreign donor.

Charles

Mr Connell, who as chairman oversaw the charity's governance, said: "I am both shocked and dismayed by newspaper reports that rogue activity of various kinds may have taken place within and outside The Prince's Foundation.

"I and the other members of the board of trustees had no knowledge of any such activity, and we have launched a rigorous and independent investigation.

"My view is that the person chairing any organisation should take responsibility if it appears that serious misconduct may have taken place within it.

"I believe that the correct course of action is for the chair to accept that responsibility and to stand down from the role."

Another charity executive, development director Chris Martin, has also temporarily stood down.

Maybe he has an out of work brother
that can step into the post?
Pause Switch to Standard View Prince Charles foundation chair quits...
Show More
Report casemoney September 15, 2021 3:59 PM BST
rogue activity of various kinds Plain
Report Corky September 15, 2021 11:59 PM BST
I don't see the problem. 100 grand to the charity just for an invite to a garden party? So what ? The other bloke got another big donor an honour. Honours for charity donations is standard stuff isn't it ? Ask Bob Geldof.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com