Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
JetLoneStar
14 Sep 21 13:03
| Topic/replies: 1,875 | Blogger: JetLoneStar's blog
Boosters
Kids jabbed *without parental consent
'Scrapped' vax passports 'in reserve' Laugh
Return of the face nappy
Lockdowns 'not ruled out' Laugh

Before our resident fact-checkers edy and mex appear in synchronicity, those last three are 'in the event of a covid surge', in Winter hahaha LaughLaughLaugh

Not announced but I also predict a ramping up in the anti 'antivaxxer' rhetoric, ala USA, Canada, Aus etc.

Will be an interesting winter no doubt.
Pause Switch to Standard View Boris' winter wonderland covid plan
Show More
Report JetLoneStar September 14, 2021 2:05 PM BST
Curious to see what 'incentives' they offer to kids, i'm gonna go with cinema tickets / playstation plus subscription.
Report thegiggilo September 14, 2021 8:40 PM BST
https://twitter.com/MondoMoody/status/1437843873326305281
Report Giuseppe September 14, 2021 8:44 PM BST
JLS i think kids who are vaccianted don't have to self isolate if in contcat with someone infected

i imagine this will be a big incentive (for parents at least)
Report nineteen points September 14, 2021 8:48 PM BST
Vaxxed kids going to be allowed to throw rotten veg and eggs at unvaxxed kids in the newly erected stocks in the schoolyard.its part of the levelling up project.
Report casemoney September 14, 2021 9:29 PM BST
Any Flu Lockdown mentioned be 40/50000 deaths of flu and complications by next march .
Report Giuseppe September 15, 2021 2:45 AM BST
Guardian journalist calls vaccine pasports, masks, working from home "moderate measures" sensible to keep them an option, this is a "crucial moment"

lol Guardian front page 7,000 a day in hospital next month scientsits warn if something isn't done

these people are demented
Report nineteen points September 15, 2021 7:47 AM BST
Wow,sly news really pushing for plan B to be implemented asap.by dinnertime i think.

top doom mongers on
Report lapsy pa September 15, 2021 9:41 AM BST
A few of us on here were wondering what was happening,there was nearly nothing about covid in the newss.Cases were 35kish then,seems to be dropping now but the answer is hospitals coming under pressure.
Report wolf3011 September 15, 2021 10:04 AM BST
The "plan" will be the same as it is every year since 2000- moan about hospitals being overstretched, talk about unprecedented strain on the NHS, talk about the coldest weather in living memory when a couple of snow flakes drop down from the heavens contributing to carnage and more recently the usual cowardly suspects shaking in fear spending their limited time on the earth terrified of covid when cancer/ heart disease/ parkinsons/ dementia is due to finish them off regardless shuffling around tesco in a mask
Report lapsy pa September 15, 2021 10:24 AM BST
I don't disagree at all with what you are saying Wolf,however instead of keeping very loose restrictions like a mask on public transport or simply curbs on where the majority of infections were occuring there seemed to be a political decision to lift everything.Timing of that was right with school holidays/summer but was that in part a political decision after all the talk of the vaccination programme? Slight curbs would have had some effect on cases now panic mode setting in with hospitals,i mean really? A 6 year old child could see it coming.
Report wolf3011 September 15, 2021 10:42 AM BST
I think the government expected vaccine longevity regarding immunity length to be much better along with it's ability to reduce transmission more than it actually does. They have thrown all their eggs into the vaccine basket believing it will be enough when clearly it won't be- we have more deaths now than this time last year although no doubt it will be blamed on another " wave". No government policy works, it boils down to survival of the fittest like everything else health related since life formed on the earth, you can't keep telling healthy people to wear masks/ lockdowns/ indefinite jabs which don't work anyway to the levels many thought. Keep jabbing the vulnerable if they wish but there are plenty of more terrifying health conditions around than covid
Report lapsy pa September 15, 2021 11:02 AM BST
Yes,the vaccines seem to have only part worked,(same with Isreal),the AZ vacc is only now to be used in allergy cases in the booster programme and pfizer/moderna in the rest, conjecture on my part but why?

The turnaround in the media today as 19 said is unreal, everything hushed for weeks and bang today.
Report wolf3011 September 15, 2021 11:12 AM BST
probably too many reports of adverse side effects or quicker declining immunity than pfizer although I don't think they have a clue as you could get 100 so called medical experts in a room together and they would all disagree guessing as they go along- unless CEV best to opt out of the circus as the clowns performing changing their minds daily. In 5 years christ knows what will be discovered about the jabs based on what has been seen so far
Report wolf3011 September 15, 2021 11:16 AM BST
Incidentally as the boosters are all pfizer , for those that have had Astra zenca, what studies have been done on the safety of mixing jabs which have different technology and mechanisms of working? last year they said it wasn't possible to mix jabs so presumably they are just hoping for the best which seems to be the plan in everything
Report PorcupineorPineapple September 15, 2021 11:19 AM BST
Think I saw a report last week (maybe Dr Slogger on here) saying mixing vaccines for the booster was actually more effective than keeping the same one.
Report nineteen points September 15, 2021 11:22 AM BST
6k less hospital beds in britain this winter compared to last year.yes ,thats progress

good preparation mr whitty!
Report lapsy pa September 15, 2021 11:23 AM BST
Yes,surely must have done a trial mixing the two but very little information, i am not a scientist but won't the vaccines probably work if they had a bit of delta stuck in them? Are the vaccines just alpha based etc?
Report PorcupineorPineapple September 15, 2021 11:30 AM BST
Number of hospital beds is nothing to do with Whitty is it? All on Javid and Johnson that I think.
Report wolf3011 September 15, 2021 11:31 AM BST
They both "work " if you classify not stopping transmission, contracting, dying or give long term immunity from covid as working- the test on the latter will be put to the test this winter but both have different ways of working with contrasting side effects so increasing chances of issues with two different technologies. Astra zeneca is linked to people dropping dead of blood clots/ period issues in women and Pfizer with heart issues in predominantly young men. Both may be tiny risks but taking both isn't likely to decrease the risks
Report lfc1971 September 15, 2021 11:32 AM BST
The worry with Pfizer is that it is too susceptable to mistakes being made - storage , time , implementation etc
It’s more fragile - could mean the jabs effectiveness varies greatly from one to another and one day to another
Report wolf3011 September 15, 2021 11:32 AM BST
Should have said the test on dying * will be put to the test this winter, we already know the jabs dont offer long term immunity
Report PorcupineorPineapple September 15, 2021 11:33 AM BST
yeah, lapsy. Not heard owt but surely the vaccines get modified (as with the flu jab) to take account of the new variants.

Saw a snip of an interview with the head of the Oxford vaccines the other day. Apparently they created the vaccine within two weeks of discovering the virus. Just took 12 months to get through all the testing and legal stuff. Amazing what some people are capable of really.
Report lfc1971 September 15, 2021 11:38 AM BST
It’s quite possible , even likely , that one persons Pfizer jab is not as effective as another  ( regardless of the individual )
Report frog1000 September 15, 2021 12:56 PM BST
I thought schools opening was supposed to mean cases shoot up.

I thought lockdown 'ending' was supposed to mean cases shoot up to 100k.

These things never happened.

Then they backfit the data and blame music festivals and the Euros.

These people make it up as they go along.

No one has figured out why cases go up and down the way they do - certainly not to the extent they can predict it.
Report casemoney September 15, 2021 1:06 PM BST
7,000 a day in hospital next month  Laugh Who are these people who will end up in hospital  ?
Report mafeking September 15, 2021 1:39 PM BST
they've let a 5 year old loose with a packet of crayons again to draw the graphs. would be far more accurate if they did
Report Giuseppe September 15, 2021 2:20 PM BST
case

scientists are worried about a possible surge in new cases and hospitals potentially being put under pressure
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com