Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Tapes held by the independent.

Somebody must have leaked them,

Same old tories...
Pause Switch to Standard View Michael Gove insulted ‘soiled,...
Show More
Report politicspunter September 13, 2021 11:44 PM BST
https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1437447464378830853

Here we are.
Report akabula September 13, 2021 11:48 PM BST
God on Gove. Spot on if Donny is anything to go by. Grin
Report politicspunter September 13, 2021 11:51 PM BST
Next Foreign Secretary? Doubtful.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 13, 2021 11:53 PM BST
Gb news has a vacancy

Or he might fancy a few weeks
heading up ukips
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 13, 2021 11:54 PM BST
He's missed out on strictly, after
a poor audition..
Report Giuseppe September 14, 2021 12:02 AM BST
sickening
Report edy September 14, 2021 12:14 AM BST
...was it a lie when it was said in 1987? The British have historically had a bit of a reputation in Germany regarding a certain degree of negligence when it comes to oral hygiene. Obviously that will not be the case anymore, but a lot reputations are based on things that are at least somewhat true (for parts of a group/country), or were somewhat true once upon a time.
Report SontaranStratagem September 14, 2021 12:38 AM BST
And yet he has to buy his teeth Laugh

Never understood this "toothless" jibe because of the c*nts saying it buy them Crazy
Report SontaranStratagem September 14, 2021 12:39 AM BST
Reminds me of Jimmy Carr always mocking Rob Becketts teeth and Beckett came back with the "At least I don't have to buy them" Laugh
Report Whisperingdeath September 14, 2021 12:43 AM BST
Fuss about nothing. Interesting about his views on Leon Brittan. The view held by Mr Gove are not uncommon to most stories including the Prime Minister
Report casemoney September 14, 2021 12:48 AM BST
The British have historically had a bit of a reputation in Germany regarding a certain degree of negligence when it comes to oral hygiene.

I think the last thing the Germans would need to be talking about is teeth When you look at what went on During the 2nd world war in the Camps

Tons of teeth with fillings were somehow deemed valuable .

As you say ,a lot reputations are based on things that are at least somewhat true (for parts of a group/country), or were somewhat true once upon a time.
Report SontaranStratagem September 14, 2021 1:00 AM BST
The western world has the oral hygiene and the worst teeth because of the high sugar intake though

You can get them looking nice all you like but that sugar is destroying the enamel whether you like it or not

And most middle class wear fake teeth and that's a fact, you can easily spot them because their to straight and all the teeth are the exact same size
Report edy September 14, 2021 1:01 AM BST
Prohibiting Germans from talking about teeth would be pretty counter-productive, as that would mean not teaching people the required upkeep. It can not be in anyone's interest to have an entire nation of people with rotten teeth.

Either way, how do you tell a Brit from any other nationality on the planet?

The Brit will link absolutely everything, without fail, to WW2.
Report SontaranStratagem September 14, 2021 1:01 AM BST
worst oral hygiene*

Toothpaste, fillings and our drinking water is awful

Fillings cause cancer as well
Report SontaranStratagem September 14, 2021 1:04 AM BST
Its a well known fact us brits have the worst teeth in Europe its the common joke
Report Giuseppe September 14, 2021 1:05 AM BST
edy when are you going to apologise for the actions of your country in WW2?

do you think the behviour of Hitler and the Nazis was acceptable?
Report edy September 14, 2021 1:05 AM BST
Well, he did build Autobahns...
Report Giuseppe September 14, 2021 1:07 AM BST
was even featured in the Simpsons once

"the book of British smiles" to scare Lisa into brushing her teeth
Report Giuseppe September 14, 2021 1:08 AM BST
how did you British muggs expect to manage an empire when you couldn't even manage your own mouths?
Report edy September 14, 2021 1:10 AM BST
Maybe the Simpsons is actually where the stereotype came from. Germans used to be massive fans of the Simpsons back when that episode aired (and has since rerun hundreds of times).

The US are some friends. Exporting nasty stereotypes about the British all over the world.
Report edy September 14, 2021 1:10 AM BST
Or maybe not where it came from, but what popularised it all over the planet.
Report casemoney September 14, 2021 1:24 AM BST
It can not be in anyone's interest to have an entire nation of people with rotten teeth

What makes u think the Brits have that many rotten teeth ,maybe years ago that may have been the case ,but not now
Report Giuseppe September 14, 2021 1:26 AM BST
most of the british people i know have none of their original teeth left
Report SontaranStratagem September 14, 2021 1:31 AM BST
Most british celebrities wear fake teeth, and if you see women with pearly whites in the office jobs... they are fake

I don't dent mine are fooked, years of energy drink abuse have fooked my teeth
Report edy September 14, 2021 1:32 AM BST

Sep 13, 2021 -- 7:24PM, casemoney wrote:

It can not be in anyone's interest to have an entire nation of people with rotten teeth What makes u think the Brits have that many rotten teeth ,maybe years ago that may have been the case ,but not now

What makes you think I think the Brits have that many rotten teeth now. As per my initial post in the thread

edy • September 14, 2021 12:14 AM BST
...was it a lie when it was said in 1987? The British have historically had a bit of a reputation in Germany regarding a certain degree of negligence when it comes to oral hygiene. Obviously that will not be the case anymore, but a lot reputations are based on things that are at least somewhat true (for parts of a group/country), or were somewhat true once upon a time.

Report edy September 14, 2021 1:34 AM BST
The rotten teeth part you quote in your latest part was about Germans all ending up with rotten teeth if Germans took your "I think the last thing the Germans would need to be talking about is teeth" to heart. Not talking about teeth would include not talking about toothcare, resulting in rotten teeth.
Report TheBetterBettor September 14, 2021 10:25 AM BST
What difference does it really make???

The brainwashed northern masses in places such as hartlepool or in don valley would probably give the tories more votes.
Report lfc1971 September 14, 2021 10:32 AM BST
I imagine young Gove was just acting the fool , maybe trying to fit in ?

On the other hand remainers do make nasty comments about the northern Brexit voters , and they mean it
Report cryoftruth September 14, 2021 10:40 AM BST
People like Gove, Johnson, Patel etc who show utter contempt for the voters do so at their own peril. The northern voters were rightly sick of feeling neglected and ignored, especially over Brexit. After Brexit a number of remainers spent all their time telling leavers that they were conned, mistaken or stupid. A foolish strategy that Johnson and Cummingsgate tapped into very well indeed. But that tactic has a limited lifespan.

The Tory corruption and total cynicism towards the people, their raids on the treasury for dodgy PPE contacts, the lavish dosh spent on Handcock’s barman, the scandalous ignoring of ministerial rules by Patel, Jenryk and Handcock - all these issues mount up and quite soon the country will realise that the current Government cares more about donations to the Tory Party and the enrichment of their chums than they do about the British people.

People are going to realise that they are being and indeed have been lied to repeatedly by Johnson and his gang. Then their anger will turn.
Report politicspunter September 14, 2021 10:52 AM BST
There is a great deal of truth in that. Only this week Labour led in the opinion polls. Boris has chucked away a 26 point lead over eighteen months.
Report lfc1971 September 14, 2021 11:26 AM BST
and then again northern brexit voters as with Brexit voters anywhere in the country voted conservative because they were the only party to respect and honour the referendum
And now they can and should return to labour or any other party as normal when the choose to vote again - seems quite intelligent and of course fundamentally the correct thing
Ever consider that remainers ?
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 14, 2021 12:44 PM BST
So handcock and guv out of running
for next tory leader.

Who has the "kick me" sticker
on back of their jacket now?
Report Whisperingdeath September 14, 2021 12:57 PM BST
Good points from CoT

Unfortunately the dis allusion from voters all over the Western World manifested itself with two clowns leading the Western World namely Chump and Doris. What is worse though is who can these same voters replace them with?

Dr Crippen marvels in the knowledge that Labour is still nowhere near assuming the mantle of leadership sand for once he might be right.

The real fear is who these clowns will drive us into the hands of. We got lucky with both Chump and Doris, who, were both clowns. Who is next a Putin type or the Hungarian?

We are all in the doo doo. We have more in common than divides us. We might be well served to remember that from time to time.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 14, 2021 1:04 PM BST
Starmer is hamstrung by not
being left wing enough for
the corbynites.

He needs these votes to win an
election.

Tories are targeting Starmer now
as the lead has gone.

Hold him up to any tory though
and he's still a better option.

At some point the rags will pick
a side... Firstly to lead tories
out of the filth in which they
currently wallow. Then against Starmer.
Report politicspunter September 14, 2021 1:09 PM BST
Starmer is much more difficult to attack, he is middle of the road stuff. It's a bit like the problem Trump faced with Biden.
Report unitedbiscuits September 14, 2021 2:02 PM BST
Your reading of macro politics is notorious for being unrealistic PP: after all, your basic position between GEs has been Labour even money to win.

These quotes were a very long time ago. I’d love them to bury Gove but they won’t. On a brighter note, Sarah Vine reportedly hates Gove far more passionately than she ever loved him. She could sink him.
Report Giuseppe September 14, 2021 2:29 PM BST
what year are these tapes from?
Report cryoftruth September 14, 2021 5:36 PM BST
and then again northern brexit voters as with Brexit voters anywhere in the country voted conservative because they were the only party to respect and honour the referendum

For once I agree with that - unsurprising as it basically make the same point as I did re Brexit northern voters. Whether they return to Labour is a matter of conjecture. They were pretty peed off with Labour over Brexit. Johnson will continue to try and brand Starmer as a London barrister, a man not acquainted with the North or its problems and he may have further success with this yet.

A lot still depends on events. As seems almost inevitable Johnson will be caught lying again and some of his brood will mess up, breach the ministerial code and be seen more and more for what they are.

if Labour are careful the current Tory brood will be branded (quite correctly as it happens) as the party of the privileged who believe the rules do not apply to them, just the plebs.

The danger for the Tories is that they have managed to upset traditional Tory voters with their lying and their populist folly. It’s hard to say but if the Tories get found out by canny northern voters but lose support from their traditional heart lands they could be in for a nasty shock. Politics are a bit different just now than they were previously with traditional loyalties meaning less. That makes things rather less predictable.
Report politicspunter September 14, 2021 5:45 PM BST
Spot on.
Report unitedbiscuits September 14, 2021 6:14 PM BST
Is it?

There's always the Sun. And the Mail and the Telegraph and the Express.

Daily Mirror is basically sunk in a loser mentality mire; anyone under forty with aspirations is not going to cleave to their message. The Guardian is just preaching to the converted, so the right wing narrative has the ascendency.
Report politicspunter September 14, 2021 6:16 PM BST
I don't read newspapers.
Report unitedbiscuits September 14, 2021 7:03 PM BST
I'm sure Rupert Murdoch would be devastated to read that, PP.
Report politicspunter September 14, 2021 7:35 PM BST
Rupert who?
Report macarony September 14, 2021 7:43 PM BST
The Guardian is just preaching to the converted
absolutly right there, but all the media do the same the Mail for the right the guardian for the left, tell them what they want to hear and charge them for the priviledge.
Report politicspunter September 14, 2021 7:54 PM BST
Yep. Newspaper influence has declined dramatically, in the internet/smartphone age. Regarding political influence, the Daily Express daily circulation is 238,000 copies. In 1961 it was 4,328,000. Of those 238,000 copies it sells today, at least 90% of them will be to Conservative voters. When the next election comes, the Express will say "Vote Conservative" and they will. Nothing changes.
Report unitedbiscuits September 14, 2021 7:57 PM BST
The newspaper barons had a great influence on the destiny of this country in 2016; and it continues to this night.

As far as as I can see, the nearest of them live offshore.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 14, 2021 8:04 PM BST
Headline news is likely seen by more
than in old days because of
paper reviews on tv and Internet.

Editorial and brainwashing seems
to have transfered to youtube
Report unitedbiscuits September 14, 2021 8:05 PM BST
No that is not correct, politicspunter.

You voted Leave.

The angle exploited by Murdoch and the Barclay Bros (and others) to influence the political climate of this country is this:

the further to the right they move, the more BBC (and ITV and C4) have to move to the right to put themselves in the middle.

How to f**k a country that you don't have to live in up.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 14, 2021 8:07 PM BST
Ha ha, bbc just do right wing and
woke as their idea of balance.

Feck the middle ground.
Report politicspunter September 14, 2021 8:08 PM BST
I did vote leave but I have no idea what stance any of the newspapers adopted as I don't read them.
Report Giuseppe September 14, 2021 8:11 PM BST
anyone who thinks the BBC is right now is not paying attention
Report macarony September 14, 2021 8:11 PM BST
Nearly every jurno in this country are middle class that is why they love a good dig at the working class with headlines about unmarried mothers or benefit cheats , however an headline you are never ever going to see is Middle Cass tax avoider blows money on expensive German Saloon shocker
Report Giuseppe September 14, 2021 8:24 PM BST
most journos are middle class but also left wing
Report Giuseppe September 14, 2021 8:24 PM BST
the same in America

even more so when it comes to TV
Report Giuseppe September 14, 2021 8:25 PM BST
would you describe jon snow as right wing?
Report sofiakenny September 14, 2021 8:33 PM BST
The sooner Labour and Lib Dems get their act together the better...learn from nat/green alliance in Scotland /Lab/Lib coalition would be a very powerful antidote to this disgusting govt.
Report macarony September 14, 2021 8:45 PM BST
would you describe jon snow as right wing?
No I would descibe him as a selfish sanctimonious upper middle class ****, who will be dead by the time his kid starts school
Report unitedbiscuits September 14, 2021 8:45 PM BST
In the 21C. There are no "have nots" ;there are only "have laters".

All of us - except the washed out or tired - have aspirations.

And the Labour Party and the Daily Mirror do not cater to them. Who wants to buy a paper that says - implicitly - loser?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com