Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Tapes held by the independent.

Somebody must have leaked them,

Same old tories...

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 58
By:
politicspunter
When: 13 Sep 21 23:44
https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1437447464378830853

Here we are.
By:
akabula
When: 13 Sep 21 23:48
God on Gove. Spot on if Donny is anything to go by. Grin
By:
politicspunter
When: 13 Sep 21 23:51
Next Foreign Secretary? Doubtful.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 13 Sep 21 23:53
Gb news has a vacancy

Or he might fancy a few weeks
heading up ukips
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 13 Sep 21 23:54
He's missed out on strictly, after
a poor audition..
By:
Giuseppe
When: 14 Sep 21 00:02
sickening
By:
edy
When: 14 Sep 21 00:14
...was it a lie when it was said in 1987? The British have historically had a bit of a reputation in Germany regarding a certain degree of negligence when it comes to oral hygiene. Obviously that will not be the case anymore, but a lot reputations are based on things that are at least somewhat true (for parts of a group/country), or were somewhat true once upon a time.
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 14 Sep 21 00:38
And yet he has to buy his teeth Laugh

Never understood this "toothless" jibe because of the c*nts saying it buy them Crazy
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 14 Sep 21 00:39
Reminds me of Jimmy Carr always mocking Rob Becketts teeth and Beckett came back with the "At least I don't have to buy them" Laugh
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 14 Sep 21 00:43
Fuss about nothing. Interesting about his views on Leon Brittan. The view held by Mr Gove are not uncommon to most stories including the Prime Minister
By:
casemoney
When: 14 Sep 21 00:48
The British have historically had a bit of a reputation in Germany regarding a certain degree of negligence when it comes to oral hygiene.

I think the last thing the Germans would need to be talking about is teeth When you look at what went on During the 2nd world war in the Camps

Tons of teeth with fillings were somehow deemed valuable .

As you say ,a lot reputations are based on things that are at least somewhat true (for parts of a group/country), or were somewhat true once upon a time.
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 14 Sep 21 01:00
The western world has the oral hygiene and the worst teeth because of the high sugar intake though

You can get them looking nice all you like but that sugar is destroying the enamel whether you like it or not

And most middle class wear fake teeth and that's a fact, you can easily spot them because their to straight and all the teeth are the exact same size
By:
edy
When: 14 Sep 21 01:01
Prohibiting Germans from talking about teeth would be pretty counter-productive, as that would mean not teaching people the required upkeep. It can not be in anyone's interest to have an entire nation of people with rotten teeth.

Either way, how do you tell a Brit from any other nationality on the planet?

The Brit will link absolutely everything, without fail, to WW2.
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 14 Sep 21 01:01
worst oral hygiene*

Toothpaste, fillings and our drinking water is awful

Fillings cause cancer as well
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 14 Sep 21 01:04
Its a well known fact us brits have the worst teeth in Europe its the common joke
By:
Giuseppe
When: 14 Sep 21 01:05
edy when are you going to apologise for the actions of your country in WW2?

do you think the behviour of Hitler and the Nazis was acceptable?
By:
edy
When: 14 Sep 21 01:05
Well, he did build Autobahns...
By:
Giuseppe
When: 14 Sep 21 01:07
was even featured in the Simpsons once

"the book of British smiles" to scare Lisa into brushing her teeth
By:
Giuseppe
When: 14 Sep 21 01:08
how did you British muggs expect to manage an empire when you couldn't even manage your own mouths?
By:
edy
When: 14 Sep 21 01:10
Maybe the Simpsons is actually where the stereotype came from. Germans used to be massive fans of the Simpsons back when that episode aired (and has since rerun hundreds of times).

The US are some friends. Exporting nasty stereotypes about the British all over the world.
By:
edy
When: 14 Sep 21 01:10
Or maybe not where it came from, but what popularised it all over the planet.
By:
casemoney
When: 14 Sep 21 01:24
It can not be in anyone's interest to have an entire nation of people with rotten teeth

What makes u think the Brits have that many rotten teeth ,maybe years ago that may have been the case ,but not now
By:
Giuseppe
When: 14 Sep 21 01:26
most of the british people i know have none of their original teeth left
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 14 Sep 21 01:31
Most british celebrities wear fake teeth, and if you see women with pearly whites in the office jobs... they are fake

I don't dent mine are fooked, years of energy drink abuse have fooked my teeth
By:
edy
When: 14 Sep 21 01:32

Sep 13, 2021 -- 7:24PM, casemoney wrote:

It can not be in anyone's interest to have an entire nation of people with rotten teeth What makes u think the Brits have that many rotten teeth ,maybe years ago that may have been the case ,but not now

What makes you think I think the Brits have that many rotten teeth now. As per my initial post in the thread

edy • September 14, 2021 12:14 AM BST
...was it a lie when it was said in 1987? The British have historically had a bit of a reputation in Germany regarding a certain degree of negligence when it comes to oral hygiene. Obviously that will not be the case anymore, but a lot reputations are based on things that are at least somewhat true (for parts of a group/country), or were somewhat true once upon a time.

By:
edy
When: 14 Sep 21 01:34
The rotten teeth part you quote in your latest part was about Germans all ending up with rotten teeth if Germans took your "I think the last thing the Germans would need to be talking about is teeth" to heart. Not talking about teeth would include not talking about toothcare, resulting in rotten teeth.
By:
TheBetterBettor
When: 14 Sep 21 10:25
What difference does it really make???

The brainwashed northern masses in places such as hartlepool or in don valley would probably give the tories more votes.
By:
lfc1971
When: 14 Sep 21 10:32
I imagine young Gove was just acting the fool , maybe trying to fit in ?

On the other hand remainers do make nasty comments about the northern Brexit voters , and they mean it
By:
cryoftruth
When: 14 Sep 21 10:40
People like Gove, Johnson, Patel etc who show utter contempt for the voters do so at their own peril. The northern voters were rightly sick of feeling neglected and ignored, especially over Brexit. After Brexit a number of remainers spent all their time telling leavers that they were conned, mistaken or stupid. A foolish strategy that Johnson and Cummingsgate tapped into very well indeed. But that tactic has a limited lifespan.

The Tory corruption and total cynicism towards the people, their raids on the treasury for dodgy PPE contacts, the lavish dosh spent on Handcock’s barman, the scandalous ignoring of ministerial rules by Patel, Jenryk and Handcock - all these issues mount up and quite soon the country will realise that the current Government cares more about donations to the Tory Party and the enrichment of their chums than they do about the British people.

People are going to realise that they are being and indeed have been lied to repeatedly by Johnson and his gang. Then their anger will turn.
By:
politicspunter
When: 14 Sep 21 10:52
There is a great deal of truth in that. Only this week Labour led in the opinion polls. Boris has chucked away a 26 point lead over eighteen months.
By:
lfc1971
When: 14 Sep 21 11:26
and then again northern brexit voters as with Brexit voters anywhere in the country voted conservative because they were the only party to respect and honour the referendum
And now they can and should return to labour or any other party as normal when the choose to vote again - seems quite intelligent and of course fundamentally the correct thing
Ever consider that remainers ?
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 14 Sep 21 12:44
So handcock and guv out of running
for next tory leader.

Who has the "kick me" sticker
on back of their jacket now?
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 14 Sep 21 12:57
Good points from CoT

Unfortunately the dis allusion from voters all over the Western World manifested itself with two clowns leading the Western World namely Chump and Doris. What is worse though is who can these same voters replace them with?

Dr Crippen marvels in the knowledge that Labour is still nowhere near assuming the mantle of leadership sand for once he might be right.

The real fear is who these clowns will drive us into the hands of. We got lucky with both Chump and Doris, who, were both clowns. Who is next a Putin type or the Hungarian?

We are all in the doo doo. We have more in common than divides us. We might be well served to remember that from time to time.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 14 Sep 21 13:04
Starmer is hamstrung by not
being left wing enough for
the corbynites.

He needs these votes to win an
election.

Tories are targeting Starmer now
as the lead has gone.

Hold him up to any tory though
and he's still a better option.

At some point the rags will pick
a side... Firstly to lead tories
out of the filth in which they
currently wallow. Then against Starmer.
By:
politicspunter
When: 14 Sep 21 13:09
Starmer is much more difficult to attack, he is middle of the road stuff. It's a bit like the problem Trump faced with Biden.
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 14 Sep 21 14:02
Your reading of macro politics is notorious for being unrealistic PP: after all, your basic position between GEs has been Labour even money to win.

These quotes were a very long time ago. I’d love them to bury Gove but they won’t. On a brighter note, Sarah Vine reportedly hates Gove far more passionately than she ever loved him. She could sink him.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 14 Sep 21 14:29
what year are these tapes from?
By:
cryoftruth
When: 14 Sep 21 17:36
and then again northern brexit voters as with Brexit voters anywhere in the country voted conservative because they were the only party to respect and honour the referendum

For once I agree with that - unsurprising as it basically make the same point as I did re Brexit northern voters. Whether they return to Labour is a matter of conjecture. They were pretty peed off with Labour over Brexit. Johnson will continue to try and brand Starmer as a London barrister, a man not acquainted with the North or its problems and he may have further success with this yet.

A lot still depends on events. As seems almost inevitable Johnson will be caught lying again and some of his brood will mess up, breach the ministerial code and be seen more and more for what they are.

if Labour are careful the current Tory brood will be branded (quite correctly as it happens) as the party of the privileged who believe the rules do not apply to them, just the plebs.

The danger for the Tories is that they have managed to upset traditional Tory voters with their lying and their populist folly. It’s hard to say but if the Tories get found out by canny northern voters but lose support from their traditional heart lands they could be in for a nasty shock. Politics are a bit different just now than they were previously with traditional loyalties meaning less. That makes things rather less predictable.
By:
politicspunter
When: 14 Sep 21 17:45
Spot on.
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo