Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
PorcupineorPineapple
11 Sep 21 13:40
| Topic/replies: 12,847 | Blogger: PorcupineorPineapple's blog
Obviously a momentous day in the US. The whole country coming together and remembering one of its darkest days. Only right that the presidents, both past and present are doing something to commemorate it. Always something noble about how they come together for moments like this:

Joe Biden - attending the ceremony at Ground Zero where he will meet with survivors and relatives of the victims

Barack Obama - also attending the Ground Zero ceremony

George W Bush - speaking at the Flight 93 memorial in Pennsylvania

Donald Trump - hosting a boxing match in Florida

Love all of this. So much honour and dignity in it all and stopping to pay respects to those victims.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 113
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 11 Sep 21 13:54

www.msnbc.com/msnbc/amp/ncna1278850

By:
Giuseppe
When: 11 Sep 21 14:51
i wonder was Trump invited to any of those events?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 11 Sep 21 14:52
will Joe get booed?
By:
saddo
When: 11 Sep 21 15:09
Paedo jibes and now a remembrance thread created to have a pop at Trump. Not your finest hour porcy.
By:
politicspunter
When: 11 Sep 21 15:16
One of Trumps lowest ever moments, possibly the lowest, without a doubt.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 11 Sep 21 15:24
euronews has started its bulletin with about 10 minutes of unrelenting negative news about the situation in Afghanistan

thanks Joe
By:
Foinavon
When: 11 Sep 21 15:26
A motley crew, I can fully understand Trump not wanting to keep them company.
By:
politicspunter
When: 11 Sep 21 15:34
I wouldn't be in the least surprised if the organisers of all the 9/11 commemorative events didn't want Trump there.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 11 Sep 21 15:41
probbaly don't want joe either
By:
casemoney
When: 11 Sep 21 18:47
will Joe get booed?

Will he remember to turn up ?
By:
tobermory
When: 11 Sep 21 18:55
Joe was told to stay away by families, because he hadn't authorized the release of files that may implicate the Saudi government. But last week he ordered them to be prepared for publication.

I guess they will be heavily redacted though and no one will be happy.

It is really incredibly crass by Trump. Obviously he is a crass kind of guy, but you'd think he'd have enough savvy to do something else with his evening, or at least someone advising him better.
By:
Charlie
When: 11 Sep 21 18:59
Anyone who doesn't respect the dead of 9/11 is a tw@t. That includes some of the posters above but most of all Trump. For somemoe who purpouts to be representing the nationalistic USA he has failed.
By:
politicspunter
When: 11 Sep 21 19:07
I was trying to think of anything that could be remotely comparable in the UK and although struggling, perhaps Margaret Thatcher throwing eggs from her window at the veterans during the minutes silence of Remembrance Sunday ?
By:
casemoney
When: 11 Sep 21 19:13
its at 9 pm eastern what difference it make what hes doing that time of night , Holyfield is a close friend of Dons , where will Biden be in the Whitehouse pishing the bed ?
By:
Charlie
When: 11 Sep 21 19:14

Sep 11, 2021 -- 1:13PM, casemoney wrote:

its at 9 pm eastern what difference it make what hes doing that time of night , Holyfield is a close friend of Dons , where will Biden be in the Whitehouse pishing the bed ?

Tw@t.

By:
Giuseppe
When: 11 Sep 21 19:15
i wonder what the families of the victims will be more worried about

Biden handing Afghanistan back to the Taliban or Trump hosting a boxing match
By:
Charlie
When: 11 Sep 21 19:19
The issue is about paying respect which you obviously don't see. Try and get a life.
By:
casemoney
When: 11 Sep 21 19:20
Answer the Question Chaz what difference does it make if Don is attending Holyfields fight at 9 pm ,Holyfield invited don  to do the comms , So what difference does it make ? 

Answer None , Just lefty stains making an Issue out of nothing ?
By:
casemoney
When: 11 Sep 21 19:21
Its 9 pm  not 9 am  , whats he meant to be doing at 9 pm  ?
By:
casemoney
When: 11 Sep 21 19:23
Biden has caused Multiple Deaths on Exit , and Bombed an America Aid and his Family ,your going on about Trump , Pmsfl give yer heed a wobble .
By:
Charlie
When: 11 Sep 21 19:24

Sep 11, 2021 -- 1:20PM, casemoney wrote:

Answer the Question Chaz what difference does it make if Don is attending Holyfields fight at 9 pm ,Holyfield invited don

By:
A_T
When: 11 Sep 21 19:25
i wonder was Trump invited to any of those events?

probably not who would want him at any event that wanted to be a dignified occasion
By:
casemoney
When: 11 Sep 21 19:26
Biden should be hiding in the Whitehouse cellar a disgrace to the American Flag and its armed forces
By:
A_T
When: 11 Sep 21 19:27
Biden handing Afghanistan back to the Taliban or Trump hosting a boxing match

Trump wanted to stay in Afghanistan?
By:
politicspunter
When: 11 Sep 21 19:27
It's at times like this that I remember why I blocked casemoney long ago.
By:
casemoney
When: 11 Sep 21 19:28
BOMBED A FAMILY  who had helped the USA , how can he even show himself in public on this day .
By:
Charlie
When: 11 Sep 21 19:28
I'll try again

It's a bit like not going to a funeral to pay repsects to someone you know. I'll assume you wouldn't go to a funeral for your mon and dad?

Respect is respect for your country if you're an ex-president and believed in your country .
By:
A_T
When: 11 Sep 21 19:29
Trump is now a private citizen and has no dutie sto perform - he's certainly not interest in paying respect to the dead if there's nothing in for him.

it's somehow entirely appropriate that while other ex-Presidents are honouring the dead he's getting paid to commentate on a freakshow in Florida.
By:
Charlie
When: 11 Sep 21 19:34

Sep 11, 2021 -- 1:20PM, casemoney wrote:

Answer the Question Chaz what difference does it make if Don is attending Holyfields fight at 9 pm ,Holyfield invited don

By:
Charlie
When: 11 Sep 21 19:35
I give up but you should get the idea.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 11 Sep 21 19:35
"who would want him at any event that wanted to be a dignified occasion "

i would
By:
Giuseppe
When: 11 Sep 21 19:36
"it's somehow entirely appropriate that while other ex-Presidents are honouring the dead he's getting paid to commentate on a freakshow in Florida."

they're not on at the same time presumably?
By:
A_T
When: 11 Sep 21 19:37
BOMBED A FAMILY  who had helped the USA , how can he even show himself in public on this day .

casemoney can you direct us to ypur posts where you condemned the killings of hundreds of civilians by airstrikes from the Trump administration
By:
Giuseppe
When: 11 Sep 21 19:38
"he's certainly not interest in paying respect to the dead if there's nothing in for him."

what a disgusting thing to say

Trump was in New York that day, there are photos of him on the street at ground zero
By:
Giuseppe
When: 11 Sep 21 19:38
Trump is a New Yorker

he was born and raised in Queens I think

he has more right to be there than the others
By:
Giuseppe
When: 11 Sep 21 19:41
there are college football and MLB games across america today

are they disrespecting the dead too?

there will probably be some tribute at the boxing
By:
politicspunter
It's hard to decide what scenario is the most likely. Either the organisers didn't wish him to be there or he didn't wish to be there. Probably a bit of both.
By:
Reynard
politicspunter • September 11, 2021 7:27 PM BST
It's at times like this that I remember why I blocked casemoney long ago.

"However , I can read his posts when logged in as A_T" Grin
By:
Giuseppe
When: 11 Sep 21 19:44
Trump probbaly knew people killed or injured in 9/11, it took place in manhattan where he is based for **** sake

everyone in New York was affected by it
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com