Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
LoyalHoncho
10 Sep 21 21:57
| Topic/replies: 7,521 | Blogger: LoyalHoncho's blog
Celeb. Googlebox.  Not one white celebrity "included".  Every "celeb" featured is non-white, non-caucasian, call it what you want.
Switch on now if you don;t believe me, it;s still on.
Laugh

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 50
By:
Giuseppe
When: 10 Sep 21 22:00
y'all
By:
brentford
When: 10 Sep 21 22:06
wouldn't you need statistical relevance for any viable 'concern' ? (quite what that would be anyway but...)

as in how often a show like this occurs and to what extent it is unrepresentative of society in that full context...and then have a think about how many years were any over exposed demographics on tonight's show  left short of inclusivity in many areas of mainstream tv and media and then decide it's value...but in abstract it sounds meaningless... though subjectivity is everything I guess..
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 10 Sep 21 22:32
I don't "burn" crosses, I don't wear crosses and nowadays I don't leap to head crosses.
Try again Giuseppe.  And as you do ask yourself why the producer of this show decided on an all black cast, and whether he is being inclusive, fair-minded and/or reasonable in doing so.
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 10 Sep 21 23:09
One of the googleboxers who isn't a celeb said "we are all going to mix and we are multiplying, so get over it" to the at home audience
I felt unnerved
Isn't googlebox a light heated throwaway sorta prog?
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 10 Sep 21 23:10
light-hearted*
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 10 Sep 21 23:15
I like a fair balance, myself
The aggressive tone of the "get over it lady" was out of place, imo
My nephew is, what do they say, a mulato and the blacks gave him a terrible time.
This mixing my not be as easy as the woke think it might be.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 10 Sep 21 23:17
just reported you as well mate

this is so tedious
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 10 Sep 21 23:19
Typical, mate
By:
Giuseppe
When: 10 Sep 21 23:20
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mulatto

Mulatto (/mjuːˈlætoʊ/, /məˈlɑːtoʊ/) is a racial classification to refer to people of mixed African and European ancestry.

Its use is considered outdated and offensive.[6][7]
By:
Giuseppe
educate yourself
By:
Giuseppe
mate
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 10 Sep 21 23:24
Are you drunk, btw?
By:
saddo
When: 10 Sep 21 23:26
He wishes he could afford to get drunk mate.
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 10 Sep 21 23:27
Grin
By:
Blackrock
When: 11 Sep 21 11:09
Guiseppe you are making yourself look a fool. Why report posters to BF just becoz you disagree with their viewpoint?

Surely discussion would be better but the Woke brigade will not listen to anybody else's opinions. You have really fallen for this inclusivity bull hook line and sinker. Cry
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 11 Sep 21 11:32
I've said many times that I got banned for suggesting Charlie were a racist. So I assume Giuseppe knows that.

Yet he fearlessly calls another poster a racist.

I find that interesting.
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 11 Sep 21 11:32
He's a good lad is Seppe, a quick £20 keeps him off the report button Cool
By:
moisok
When: 11 Sep 21 11:33
gus doesn't live in the uk - he has no idea what is going on here - but quite happy to snipe away and denigrate this great country - there are quite a few of this type around to hit at the uk
By:
saddo
When: 11 Sep 21 11:36
Giuseppe is having a laugh I suspect. You can't get banned for anything you write if it purports to defend black people, perhaps that is his point.
By:
moisok
When: 11 Sep 21 11:42
The programme is ray cyst
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 11 Sep 21 11:44
It certainly was last night at 9pm.
By:
LoyalHoncho
When: 11 Sep 21 11:48
I wonder when the burning of books will commence?  Can't be far away.
By:
moisok
When: 11 Sep 21 11:50
they already have changed books and restricted use of certain words including mentioning pigs - I do not joke.
many tv series etc have also been altered to suite wokism and management are running scared
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 11 Sep 21 11:57
Channel 4 is publicly owned, so like the BBC it reflects the values and aims of the government.

If you don't like what they show then don't watch it.

And if you don't like the BBC then don't watch that either, and you don't have to buy a TV licence if you only watch catch up TV.

Don't tell them you haven't got a TV, simply tell them you only watch catch-up. You can do it on-line.

No TV licence required.
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 11 Sep 21 11:59
Think Gogglebox won a big tv award on sunday and maybe ch4 hijacked the show to further an agenda

14-16 people on a show who were all non-white was overkill when usually there is a balance of people.

The showing of Hungary fans booing and then cutting to the goggleboxer who then gave her little speech on what she thinks the future may hold was just ott.

People will just switch off.
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 11 Sep 21 12:02
Doc, the show is a guilty pleasure of mine, but it was way out of the ordinary regards participants.
I agree, just switch off
Seemed a bit like bait and switch to me.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 11 Sep 21 12:05
Channel 4 are supposed to be funded through advertising.

As a publicly owned company, I'd be very surprised if they stand on their own two feet and don't get taxpayers money.

Turn them off, watch catch-up television and save your TV licence money.
By:
Reynard
When: 11 Sep 21 12:08
Better still don't watch television and save your TH licence money .
I haven't paid the TV tax for over ten years and haven't had a television since my last one exited a window in 2016 Cool
By:
saddo
When: 11 Sep 21 12:10
Cockoo monk, the whole of Friday on C4 (and Come Dine With Me all week) was given over to non whites, it's a special thing now.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 11 Sep 21 12:14
Lol, that's a bit extreme Reynard.

You can still watch Amazon, Netflix, Youtube, ITV hub and other stuff legally without a TV licence.

Of course there must be people who cheat.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 11 Sep 21 12:17
John Snow works for Channel 4.

Nuff said.
By:
saddo
When: 11 Sep 21 12:18
He must despise his surname.
By:
Reynard
When: 11 Sep 21 12:27
Dr - Are you suggesting that I'm an extremist ? Grin
Incidentally a TV licence isn't required if you live in a caravan . No fixed address Wink
By:
Jumping-cuckoo-monk
When: 11 Sep 21 12:30
Thanks Saddo. I thought it might've been "black friday" or some such.
Hard to keep track of these celebration themes nowadays
By:
Reynard
When: 11 Sep 21 12:36
I doubt that many of us on here are priests to be fair Mischief
By:
Giuseppe
When: 11 Sep 21 14:55
blackrock and mo treading on thin ice

i'd watch what i'm saying if i was you or you'll end up being reported too
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 11 Sep 21 15:00
Sorry Reynard.

You'll need to buy a TV Licence for your static caravan, mobile home or moveable chalet if:

anyone, at the same time, is watching or recording live TV on any channel or watching or downloading BBC programmes on BBC iPlayer at your main licensed address
    the caravan or mobile home is your main residence

https://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/faqs/FAQ30#:~:text=You%27ll%20need%20to%20buy%20a%20TV%20Licence%20for,your%20main%20residence.%20Pay%20for%20a%20TV%20Licence.
By:
moisok
When: 11 Sep 21 15:25
gobbing of from Ireland - you don't even live in england - don't make me laugh - what on earth do you know?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 11 Sep 21 15:31
i know how to press the report button!
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo