Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
politicspunter
10 Sep 21 00:07
| Topic/replies: 33,873 | Blogger: politicspunter's blog
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-58508547

Enough is enough. Biden enforces executive order.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 86
By:
Giuseppe
When: 10 Sep 21 00:14
i wish he had showed this type of determination in fighting the taliban
By:
casemoney
When: 10 Sep 21 01:35
Joe will sadly soon require assistance himself , if he is not already getting it
By:
saddo
When: 10 Sep 21 09:42
Nearing the time for a fightback I think, tipping point soon.
By:
politicspunter
When: 10 Sep 21 09:50
It's hard to see what options Biden had left. Cases, hospitalisations and deaths are rising rapidly, threatening to overwhelm the health system and have a direct effect on the employment sector. There is a hardcore 25% of Americans who are refusing to be vaccinated for a number of reasons. Those may be religious, fear of the vaccination or people that are taking horse wormer tablets in the false belief it can save them. Biden had to step up and he has done what needed to be done.
By:
A_T
When: 10 Sep 21 10:03
a no-brainer really. anti-vaxxers are a real menace over there - supported by some polticians too.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 10 Sep 21 10:31
Darwin in action, little that
Biden can do to stop dodos extincting
themselves
By:
politicspunter
When: 10 Sep 21 10:38
Of course, putting on my betting hat, the vast majority of folks passing away in the states are non vaxxed Trump/Republican supporters. In some battleground states where the result can be decided by 1%, it certainly could affect the results.
By:
A_T
When: 10 Sep 21 10:43
the anti-vaxxers have chosen their own paths - good luck to them - but they shouldn't be allowed to infect everyone else willy-nilly
By:
nineteen points
When: 10 Sep 21 10:47
2 hats on today AT?PP?

more jabs more cases
more cases more lockdowns

Tell me i am wrong.
By:
politicspunter
When: 10 Sep 21 10:49
Why aren't you out looking for a job?
By:
A_T
When: 10 Sep 21 10:50
what do you mean? can you explain that more clearly?
By:
lfc1971
When: 10 Sep 21 10:59
Does anyone know which is best - a person who goes to work who is vaccinated but has covid and doesn’t know , or a person who is not vaccinated and stays off work sick ?
By:
A_T
When: 10 Sep 21 11:13
CDC study shows unvaccinated people are 29 times more likely to be hospitalized with Covid

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/24/cdc-study-shows-unvaccinated-people-are-29-times-more-likely-to-be-hospitalized-with-covid.html

but what does the CDC know? much better you get your information from youtube and TV personalities on GB News
By:
lfc1971
When: 10 Sep 21 11:18
That’s not the issue the question is which is the better policy to stop the spread of Covid
By:
lfc1971
When: 10 Sep 21 11:22
Obviously the risks for the individual are less if they are vaccinated
But the thread is about the general overall risk to the population
By:
lfc1971
When: 10 Sep 21 11:25
More dangerous to have vaccinated people with Covid in work
Or unvaccinated people off sick and not in work ?
By:
politicspunter
When: 10 Sep 21 11:27
Yep, GB News excelled themselves by bringing in archaeologist Neil Oliver to give his views on vaccines. What on earth could they have been thinking?
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 10 Sep 21 11:28
I'm staying on the fence till Right Said Fred have told me what they think.
By:
brentford
When: 10 Sep 21 11:30
Feels a very draconian policy for a limited gain and plenty of potentially negative fallouts from it...might even be some constitutional controversies to be overcome..
By:
politicspunter
When: 10 Sep 21 11:30
I'm too sexy for a vax
Too sexy for a vax
By:
therhino
When: 10 Sep 21 11:37
the vast majority of folks passing away in the states are non vaxxed Trump/Republican supporters.

Prove it please.
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 10 Sep 21 11:38
I'm too sexy for my lungs
Too sexy for my lungs
They're filling with gunge
By:
brentford
When: 10 Sep 21 11:48
of course the Texas governor and his like having seen the dangers of abolishing free choice will no doubt be keen to have another thought about abortion laws...
By:
politicspunter
When: 10 Sep 21 11:52

Sep 10, 2021 -- 5:37AM, therhino wrote:

the vast majority of folks passing away in the states are non vaxxed Trump/Republican supporters.Prove it please.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/nbc-news-poll-shows-demographic-breakdown-vaccinated-u-s-n1277514

This is a fair reflection. Unvaccinated are 29 times more likely to be hospitalized with Covid..

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/24/cdc-study-shows-unvaccinated-people-are-29-times-more-likely-to-be-hospitalized-with-covid.html

It stands to reason that if Republicans are much less likely to be vaccinated than Democrats, then Republicans are much more likely to be hospitalized and sadly pass.

By:
therhino
When: 10 Sep 21 11:59
Fair play for coming back with a link but I do not believe the NBC news poll is worth more than a grain of salt.
By:
politicspunter
When: 10 Sep 21 12:00
If I give you polling from a completely separate source, would that convince you?
By:
therhino
When: 10 Sep 21 12:05
Maybe, depends on the source. I would suspect it's weighted that way but I reject the idea that they are polling the political preference of those in hospital with Covid on death's door.

Excuse me sir, but before you lose the ability to speak on your way to the afterlife, can you tell me who you voted for in the last election and I'll grab you some more ice chips?
By:
politicspunter
When: 10 Sep 21 12:07
It's pointless giving you more polls if they believe they are fixed in some way.
By:
therhino
When: 10 Sep 21 12:10
All good. Not looking for an argument either, was just taken aback by the wording of your post. Enjoy your day.
By:
politicspunter
When: 10 Sep 21 12:18
No problem.
By:
politicspunter
When: 10 Sep 21 12:20
https://www.kff.org/policy-watch/the-red-blue-divide-in-covid-19-vaccination-rates-is-growing/

Here is another one anyway.
By:
eyeball
When: 10 Sep 21 12:31
The politics of Los Angeles County leans Democratic. Los Angeles County has voted Democratic in every Presidential election since 1988, with every Democratic nominee winning the county by a margin of at least 25 points since 1992.
By:
nineteen points
When: 10 Sep 21 13:19
He will be putting yougov polls up next LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
politicspunter
When: 10 Sep 21 13:27
Does the dole know that you spend all day on here rather than looking for a job?
By:
Reynard
When: 10 Sep 21 13:31
politicspunter • September 10, 2021 10:49 AM BST

A_T • September 10, 2021 10:50 AM BST

Getting this switchy thing down to a fine art now Laugh
By:
nineteen points
When: 10 Sep 21 14:00
yougov polls and AT/PP

The 2 biggest lying machines out there.

Serious question AT/PP,are you nadhim zahawi?
By:
A_T
When: 10 Sep 21 14:02
nineteen points do you believe the moon-landings were faked?
By:
A_T
When: 10 Sep 21 14:03
Serious question AT/PP,are you nadhim zahawi?

can only speak for myself and the answer is no
By:
Giuseppe
When: 10 Sep 21 14:07
"In some battleground states where the result can be decided by 1%, it certainly could affect the results."

I think state with the highest per capita death rate is New Jersey

even there, only 0.26% of the population have died
Page 1 of 3  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics