Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
i_agree_with_nick
09 Sep 21 09:07
| Topic/replies: 13,072 | Blogger: i_agree_with_nick's blog
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9971813/KPMG-wants-29-staff-working-class-2030-major-British-business-set-target.html
Pause Switch to Standard View KPMG wants 29% of partners and...
Show More
Report PorcupineorPineapple September 9, 2021 10:42 AM BST
Good.

End the chummy clubs of private schools, Oxbridge connections, parachuting a kid into the job because his dad is so and so... We might actually be able to dig this country out of a hole if we stop being so deferential to the upper classes.
Report lfc1971 September 9, 2021 10:56 AM BST
This has been happening for years and is why the country is in such a state - gonna only get worse
Report markzzz September 9, 2021 12:40 PM BST
I would have thought that a much better business plan would be to want the best candidates to be directors and partners. Regardless of background, or any of the protected characteristics.
Report Giuseppe September 9, 2021 12:52 PM BST
how will they define working class?
Report feedthepony September 9, 2021 1:24 PM BST
There will be no KPMG by 2030

There will be no working class by 2030

The global vaccine cull and whatever else follows will see to that
Report macarony September 9, 2021 1:48 PM BST
Numerically we the working class are the largest group in Britain, yet we have the least representation of any major group. Thats equality for you.
Report markzzz September 9, 2021 2:34 PM BST
If the better educated get better jobs that IS equality. To ensure that less well educated people get the top jobs is the exact opposite of equality - it is social manipulation based on class, which in my opinion is a very bad thing. Manipulating job opportunities based on any characteristic which cannot be controlled by the individual is a terrible idea.

I am 5foot 8inches tall. Why does that mean I should have less opportunity than a seven footer to make the British basketball team? The answer is ...... because the seven footer is better qualified than I am, and I can't see anything wrong with that.
Report macarony September 9, 2021 2:48 PM BST
How do you know you have got the best people, they might have a better education but that doesn't mean they are more intelligent or even have any common sense. Just look at our politicians all been to uni and all underachievers, full of the big talk but sadly lacking, I could go the BBC another prime example
Report lfc1971 September 9, 2021 2:58 PM BST
Being a politician is a semi skilled job , as is working for kpmg - anyone could do it so it matters not .
Report mecca September 9, 2021 9:06 PM BST
Good marketing ploy.... I had never heard of KPMG until this story came out..

,, by 2030 all this will be forgotten about
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com