Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
SirNorbertClarke
08 Sep 21 22:09
| Topic/replies: 773 | Blogger: SirNorbertClarke's blog
I'd start by taxing sugar like we tax ****. You want a shot of caramel in your coffee; that'll be £12.50.  A 12 box of Krispy Kreme? That'll be £100/

People can't be allowed to make themselves ill and expect the rest of the population to pick up the bill.
Pause Switch to Standard View How would you fix the NHS without...
Show More
Report 1st time poster September 9, 2021 5:26 AM BST
i dont no but i no a man who does
before couid was ever heard of ,johnson stood outside no 10 told the country i have an oven ready plan which doesnt involve raising taxes
email him and ask him
Report lfc1971 September 9, 2021 11:16 AM BST
Yo cannot have a free at point of service health service and at the same time allow rapid population increase through mass immigration
Can’t work .
Report HallGreenSpy September 9, 2021 11:24 AM BST
Halve the collars would be a start.
Report Dr Crippen September 9, 2021 11:49 AM BST
The first thing to get straight is that 12 billion won't fix it anyway. All that will go on is more administration like it always has.

You won't fix the NHS without replacing the people who are running it now. And then change the way their replacements are empoyed, with regard to being unacountable.

It's run more like a posh job club at the moment.
Report Dr Crippen September 9, 2021 12:05 PM BST
But we're not going to fix it. And no amount of money will fix it.

The health service needs redesigning completely, and that isn't going to happen because we haven't got anyone clever enough and with enough power to do it.

It's a political football.
Report saddo September 9, 2021 10:33 PM BST
We'd save a few bob by stopping the wages of GPs who don't want to treat people. My young neighbour is having a bad time with depression -lives alone and has been forced to work from home for 18 months- and our GP simply refused to see her this morning, or any other morning. She is very upset about it.
Report frog1000 September 9, 2021 11:11 PM BST
£37bn was wasted on the failed 'test and trace' Covid thing.

Billions more on Furlough etc.

Hundreds and hundreds of billions in total was borrowed for Covid.

£12bn extra taxes aint going to make a difference.

Boris and Carrie want a big state now. To do this they need a social credit system to tax every mile every person travels ever (unless they work in government).

Taxes are set to rise with a full digital system. No money. No banks. Just points to allow you to do certain things.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 9, 2021 11:18 PM BST
Some of these doctors need a rocket
up their jacksies saddo.

Happily our surgery has been great.

Postcode lottery.

(Reporting blood in urine seems
a cert face to face appointment)
Report saddo September 9, 2021 11:23 PM BST
Coughing blood didn't get me one in march 2020, still haven't seen anyone or heard from em since they prescribed antibiotics over the phone for it. No follow up at all, they aren't even ashamed of themselves.
Report Corky September 9, 2021 11:32 PM BST
NHS hiring 42 new chief executives on up to £270,000. Not even embarrassed about it. Massive money black hole.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 9, 2021 11:37 PM BST
Terrible.

Our doctors have never previously been brilliant,
but have really done great over
these past 18 months.

Dunno how well you know your neighbour...

Dunno how badly down you need
to be to see a doctor, but
there's always Mind

Can give em a ring?

Mind (England and Wales)

Advice, support and information around mental health issues including self-harm. Mind has a legal advice line in England and Wales.

Tel: 0300 123 3393
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 9, 2021 11:38 PM BST
(hope you are better too, BTW)
Report saddo September 9, 2021 11:47 PM BST
I stopped coughing blood at least donny, ta. Neighbour not been right for 3 years but worse recently. I knew she had it before she told me and have been monitoring ever since when required. Saved her- by only a few hours- from a breakdown about a month ago by insisting she seek help. She got a sick note and tablets over the phone, and repeat after 2 weeks, and now repeated this morning.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 9, 2021 11:53 PM BST
So sad.

Good job you were there.
Report Knight Commander September 10, 2021 3:57 PM BST
Needs some sort of oversight committee composed of ex-businessmen and military types to run it.

Public sector people cannot run water.
Report SirNorbertClarke September 10, 2021 4:30 PM BST
It certainly needs a more businesslike governance structure. How on earth can 223 trusts be considered governable.
Report Corky September 10, 2021 4:33 PM BST
It will be interesting to see what sort of business background the 42 new directors will have
Report PorcupineorPineapple September 10, 2021 4:40 PM BST
Yep, only need to look at water, electricity, post office, British Rail etc to see what a success private enterprise of massive state enterprises.
Report SirNorbertClarke September 10, 2021 4:41 PM BST
The NHS isn't built like a business so I imagine most great businessmen/women would run a mile from it.
Report SirNorbertClarke September 10, 2021 4:44 PM BST
When was the last time you lost your electric or water supply?

Post Office is a victim of changing consumer practices. British rail has never managed to get out of the headlock the RMT has had on it for the last 20 years.
Report brentford September 10, 2021 4:51 PM BST
if you took out profit margins for shareholders water and energy probably would be viewed as a success, of course the motivation for increasing efficiency in a non profit sector is a lot less but it's certainly not impossible that employing some top end talent in key positions of the NHS would pay dividends, it's an horrifically run beast and one of the few areas I've found some agreement with Dr Crippen was on this very page (9th sept 10.49/11.05)

obviously the the inevitable high salaries to get them and the outcry it would cause means we'll never find out..
Report unitedbiscuits September 10, 2021 5:58 PM BST
Just take that figure off the side of the Brexit bus. That's £12b every year.

Case solved.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com