Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 256 comments are related to the topic:
Gas price rises.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 7 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 256
By:
moisok
When: 19 Apr 22 19:37
don't even talk to me about the company who have hundreds of quid of my money they deny they haven't received but has been paid out of my account
or the the hundreds I now subsequently OWE them  and the demand monthly I get saying I am hundreds in debt to them

and the demand I increase my direct debit to 3 times the amount I currently pay 

been going on since collapse of company 24th september    eventually got my 8 week letter   should I take it further!!??

there is murmerings they might compensate and re set  but now gone quiet again  - they are just front men and women for corrupt organisations praying on vulnerable people

good job I am a complete barsteward  but think of others who  are much more vulnerable
By:
moisok
When: 19 Apr 22 19:38
oh yes  - the other trick is to blame the companies that have collapsed for not sending information to companies who took over   

disgusting
By:
Cider
When: 19 Apr 22 19:57
The small suppliers can be very disingenuous I'm afraid moisok. I've always played the switch game, and took a gamble of switching to one that had a terrible customer service rep. And it is a gamble. It took nearly a year to resolve an issue where they mistook a read. A lot of on hold stuff and going around in circles.

The two parties have to agree the read at switch. So there is a reliance on the company you've left to a large extent, to provide the correct information. Likely to be a lot trickier when they have stopped trading.

People should stick to the mainstream suppliers if they aren't prepared for the possible fight. Even the mainstream suppliers can be tricky.
By:
moisok
When: 19 Apr 22 20:52
I WAS WITH ONE OF THE MAINSTREAM!!!  and now with another BIG  company and they are knuts to talk to and use their employees to take the flak   it is fkn hilarious  and pointless to rave at them but I do ask them why they work for them  ha ha   what a barwteward I am   sorry   ha ha
By:
Cider
When: 19 Apr 22 21:11
None of the big 6 have gone kapoot to my knowledge.

Unfortunately DD gives them a lot of power. Obviously it's intended to smooth out the variable cost, but they do use it to improve cash flow I feel. I took my water off the DD and just make the payments automatically after the bill has been generated.
By:
HallGreenSpy
When: 28 Apr 22 18:04
Good grief. Fixed rate of £90 a month (£1049 yearly) runs out end of June. Same company just offered £278  a month (£3337 yearly).

FFS that is some hike!
By:
moisok
When: 28 Apr 22 18:40
WE have considerable woods and riverside trees around us - so no panic here
By:
ImSoLuckyLucky!
When: 28 Apr 22 18:46
Switched off my gas completley
Gone to the Gym instead!!!

Laugh
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 28 Apr 22 18:49
The bookies will be full next winter.

6d lucky 15 settlers required.
By:
johnnythebull
When: 28 Apr 22 19:01
more likely the fking morgues!
By:
lapsy pa
When: 28 Apr 22 19:24
That is unreal HGS,i hope you get it a fair bit cheaper than that.
By:
HallGreenSpy
When: 28 Apr 22 19:55
Hope so too pa. Never been more important to shop around.
By:
casemoney
When: 28 Apr 22 20:51
150 quid bill  1st month on the new rate  , And we have had the heating on a fair bit , so not too bad tbh
By:
johnnythebull
When: 28 Apr 22 20:56
ur getting conditioned ..case..to the unacceptable..all part of the plan to grind us subserviently into the ground..rise up,rise up
By:
ImSoLuckyLucky!
When: 24 May 22 13:12
Price cap going up another £900
Mainly caused by gas prices
Dosent bother me as i hardly use gas
Laugh
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 24 May 22 13:16
Aye but they'll bung up standing charges. Can't avoid
them bastads, unless you get rid of gas altogether.

Looking at gas prices lately I was expecting cap to
go up 400ish, seems the guy today is an expert
but maybe its a bit of worst case?
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 24 May 22 13:19
Martin Lewis

The Ofgem Chief Exec has told MPs the price cap will rise c42% in Oct putting typical use to £2,800/yr.  I'm glad he's been open about this, I asked last week for them to publish forward guidance.

This is higher than analysts predictions of £2,600 (both bloody awful though)
Page 7 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com