Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 256 comments are related to the topic:
Gas price rises.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 4 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 256
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 21 Sep 21 10:18
So it's loans to companies
taking on customers of failed companies.

That's the big companies getting
bailouts, because of the shoite
system.
By:
1st time poster
When: 21 Sep 21 10:24
more evidence the beloved free market capitalist system failing
a 5 yr old can work out that the gas industry doesnt need 80 providers selling the same product, obvious at least half of them are gambling running dodgy business model even during the good times
imagine 80 shops in a row selling a football shirt and millions prepared happy to buy in shop one the most expensive and the other 79 each cutting each others prices, surely  any half decent regulator must ask who is shop 80 managing to sell that shirt at that price
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 21 Sep 21 10:27
Imagine buying next year's shirt
for £50, then supplier charges
middleman £55,..middleman goes bust
and you get to pay £70 in club shop
By:
1st time poster
When: 21 Sep 21 10:28
i used to tell lads at work about a story about my auld man 30 yrs ago going to building society with my sister on same day,same meeting they give my sister a mortgage at 6% and my dad a savings vehicle of 6.5%.my dad said how does that work then, Laugh,
answer eventually it didnt Laugh
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 21 Sep 21 10:32
Aye, we had a mortgage at
0.29% under base rate of 0.5%

And a cash isa at same bank paying
10%

Happy days, but was never going
to end well for bank.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 21 Sep 21 11:39
.looks like Council Tax
will have to rise bigly too be because they can no longer get lorry drivers at £24,000 a year!
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 21 Sep 21 11:47
They don't worry about council tax.

It's headline income tax they
worry about.

Raise nhi by 10% to fund care, but
give money to NHS, and raise council
tax by 5% to allow councils to
fund care.

We havnt raised income tax...
By:
lapsy pa
When: 21 Sep 21 11:54
How big could council taxrise at the end of the year? I suppose it is where you are but surely will be significant?
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 21 Sep 21 11:56
Iirc 5% is allowed

If they want to go higher they
would need a vote...

Unless government raises its cap.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 21 Sep 21 11:58
Thank you.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 21 Sep 21 12:02

https://commonslibrary.parliament.uk/research-briefings/sn05682/

Can't imagine folk would vote to pay more
than the cap, but some councils
might have a brain freeze and
go for it.
By:
1st time poster
When: 21 Sep 21 13:02
80,s maggie thatch we cant have this 35% stoppages paye and NI

2020,S
20P PAYE 14% NI

THATS OK THEN Laugh
By:
1st time poster
When: 21 Sep 21 13:06
AMERICAM BILLIONAIRES producing 60% of uk,s co2 hold uk gov and taxpayers by the cohona,s

no problem we,ll import it from the EU

SORRY WE CANT BECAUSE OF BREXIT

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh,

USA BILLIONAIRE HOW MUCH TAXPAYERS MONEY DO YOU WANT LaughLaugh
By:
1st time poster
When: 21 Sep 21 13:07
ON THE bright side we havnt sold any other national assets off to foreign companies SadCrySadCrySadCry
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 21 Sep 21 13:13
What about them French and chinese
nucleur power stations?

Why can't we fire them up
By:
1st time poster
When: 21 Sep 21 13:20
3 of the chinese hinkely point nuke powers stations
one in luxembourg yet to be used
one on china apparently up and running
and hinkley point,
only china no how to get it started and wont start the luxembourg one up

please mr/mrs uk PM,REMOVE THEM nuclear subs from pacific waters and we might switch your nuke station on for you,we,ll let you think about it LaughLaughLaugh
By:
1st time poster
When: 21 Sep 21 13:23
got one of those biomass plants stones throw from me, supposed to be finished 18 months ago,think it was finished 6 months ago ,yet to be fired up
near the end of construction they let it be known the wood/fuel to fire it up had to be shipped half way round the world from north america,since then not a word
can see it been houchens next demolition target LaughLaugh
By:
1st time poster
When: 21 Sep 21 14:06
AMERICAM BILLIONAIRE BAILED OUT BY UK TAXPAYER AGREES TO START UP PRODUCTION AGAIN
no word on how much taxpayer money involved
By:
1st time poster
When: 21 Sep 21 14:42
energy supplier GREEN, gone 250,000 customers
By:
moisok
When: 21 Sep 21 16:02
I am nearly surrounded by massive trees
By:
1st time poster
When: 21 Sep 21 16:24
regards co2
not bad work when your american billionaire,s main product fertiliser is not worth producing at current gas prices but the government give you a taxpayer funded bung because they want a by product of your main product which is currently unviable, LaughLaugh,
a DRAGONS DEN wet dream Laugh
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 21 Sep 21 16:52
I'll give you all of the money
for 0% of your business.

Indeed...
By:
1st time poster
When: 21 Sep 21 17:19
if gas prices remain high government making a rod for their own back because uk steel will be banging on treasury doors within a few weeks for a bail out
By:
macarony
When: 21 Sep 21 20:22
Up until the early 2000a we were still exporting cheap natural gas to mainland Europe even though we knew that soon we would be running low, now we are buying natural gas from Norway and Russia for a lot more than we sold it for. Now that is Britain in a nutshell
By:
macarony
When: 21 Sep 21 20:22
Up until the early 2000a we were still exporting cheap natural gas to mainland Europe even though we knew that soon we would be running low, now we are buying natural gas from Norway and Russia for a lot more than we sold it for. Now that is Britain in a nutshell
By:
macarony
When: 21 Sep 21 20:26
Gas and electricity are easy to produce, anybody and his cat could make Britain self sufficient if the will was there.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 21 Sep 21 20:32
one issue i keep hearing in all these reports is that the UK has very little storage capacity
By:
Giuseppe
When: 21 Sep 21 20:33
there must be costs involved in producing gas and methane that you are undersetimating
By:
macarony
When: 21 Sep 21 20:35
Sold off along with tons of food that was in storage, Tony said we don't need them anymore we are everybody's friend and London is the center  of the earth
By:
macarony
When: 21 Sep 21 20:36
there must be costs involved in producing gas and methane that you are undersetimating

No not really how much do you think its costing now to import gas and light crude now?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 21 Sep 21 20:39
so why is nobody doing it? here or anywhere else?

the Germans tried to make petrol from coal during the war and it wasn't easy
By:
Giuseppe
When: 21 Sep 21 20:40
"Sold off along with tons of food that was in storage, Tony said we don't need them anymore we are everybody's friend and London is the center  of the earth "

this is why the EU has a CAP even if it is inefficnet and uneconomic: food security
By:
macarony
When: 21 Sep 21 20:41
actually people are doing it here just not on a big enough scale but I suspect that is about to change.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 21 Sep 21 20:42
chlorinated chicken, brazilain beef and NZ lamb brought from teh other side of the world to save a few pennies is madness
By:
1st time poster
When: 21 Sep 21 20:42
got to love johnson,drivers demanding 50 grand to stop supermarkets shelves going empty,hospitals not getting drugs,was his plan all along,lets hope he still claims credit it for it when we get 8% plus inflation, i,m sure the voters will be thanking him for it
By:
macarony
When: 21 Sep 21 20:44
this is why the EU has a CAP even if it is inefficnet and uneconomic: food securit
We were in the EU when it happened Tony was good at ignoring the parts of the EU he didn't like, however that only played into his political enemies hands and Brexit happened
By:
Giuseppe
When: 21 Sep 21 20:44
some gaps in my local tesco at the moment, especially ham for some reason
By:
macarony
When: 21 Sep 21 20:46
got to love johnson,drivers demanding 50 grand
are drivers not worth 50 grand a year considering the service to society we provide?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 21 Sep 21 20:46
my point was, as long as you were in the CAP and the single market you didn't really need the storage

now with increased red tape and possibly opening up British farmers to unfair competition, the supply of food may become more tenuous
By:
1st time poster
When: 21 Sep 21 20:47
new one on me tonight on my facebook,nightshift workers require in whitby dressing crabs, in food processing plant
£8.50 an hr,training given,
if like me you count nightshift as time and a 3rd minimum,that makes it about £6 an kr,obviously havnt got the johnson memo of his plan for higher wages
Page 4 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com