Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 256 comments are related to the topic:
Gas price rises.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 256
By:
Just Checking
When: 20 Sep 21 19:22
I just detailed above that the UK gas price is about the same (slightly lower actually) than the Benchmark EU gas price.

So try again. Use logic, maths, real figures. "Merely saying we left the EU so it must be bad" is precisely the childish moronic remoaner crap I'm calling out here. You are doing yourself no favours.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 20 Sep 21 19:22
it's fair to insult them back. In fact I actively encourage it
By:
lapsy pa
When: 20 Sep 21 19:24
'We left EU and Internal Energy Market'

So would that mean a 3rd country would be forced to pay the high wildly fluctuating prices as they have left an organisation that maybe 'hedged' or had more 'clout?
By:
Just Checking
When: 20 Sep 21 19:24
I'll happily accept it was strategically stupid to shut down the gas reserve storage to a tiny amount of annual use. But that's just short sighted stupidity, it's nothing to do with Brexit.
By:
Just Checking
When: 20 Sep 21 19:27
The laughable thing here is the remoaners are on about Brexit when of course the EU is beholden to Russia for Gas, and they are apparently deliberately throttling supply. The UK DOES have Gas supply directly, but apparently oil rigs that had shut downs delayed due to covid are now undergoing maintenance, again making it worse for the UK.

And again, NOTHING TO DO WITH BREXIT. Jesus christ, even the remoaner media aren't trying to pin this on Brexit, yet the internet lunatics above can't help themself.
By:
Cider
When: 20 Sep 21 19:27
We should also accept that lockdowns have fecked the developed world. So unexpected, nobody saw it coming.
By:
lapsy pa
When: 20 Sep 21 19:28
The Irish Times mentioned brexit elsewhere Cider, a third less imports from the UK and 26% more exports from Ireland to the UK, it seems to be good for Ireland this brexit.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 20 Sep 21 19:31
nobody saw it coming

No Nobody saw it comingConfused
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 20 Sep 21 19:31
Did you stockpile toilet rolls young ciderLaugh?
By:
Cider
When: 20 Sep 21 19:33
just pepsi max Grin
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 20 Sep 21 19:40
Laugh

My timing is a little off.

I was going to go in before the end of the month, before people got paid and stock up. Fill my freezer, Fills my cupboards and stock up on toilet rolls but this latest fear mongering has probably done for me. People are talking about shortages already. I daresay I will be too late. I am ashley going tomorrow after some physio as I will be in the car.

Tinned tomatoes
Tomato puree
garlic
minced beef and maybe pork.
steak pies
frozen corn, peas and French beans
Kidney beans and a whole load of other beans like butter beans, black eyed beans etc
pasta
rice
tinned soup

That should do me for a couple of months. I tend to eat fresh foods only but it doesn't hurt to have a full cupboard on long life in case the mongering is not fanciful.
By:
1st time poster
When: 20 Sep 21 19:42
tax increases
food price inflation
utility price hikes
food shortages
employee shortages
exports getting hammered
fishermen getting hammered
farmers getting hammered
not the brexit brexiteers promised or wanted,the rest to busy pishing themselves to comment LaughLaugh
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 20 Sep 21 19:43
oh fcek good call

Loadsa tonic and a few tins of fat coke in case things are so bad I have to go for the rum!
By:
Cider
When: 20 Sep 21 19:45
wd, I will always be at least 'one shop' ahead, so if I can't get whatever I need on the next for some reason, I'll have enough to last until the next one. I have plenty of stuff to last into the months if needed.
By:
1st time poster
When: 20 Sep 21 19:45
kwasi promises the lights will stay on and there,ll be food on the table in global uk 20 21

meanwhile peasents in north korea fly banners saying
JE SUIS UK
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 20 Sep 21 19:46
Come on 1TP lets put the kleenex away!

tbf are lot of remoaners have been saying the same and are rather gleeful with the reap what you sow.

Personally I voted for Brexit for just this upheaval. Something has to change in our society but I do fear the carnage it will cause.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 20 Sep 21 19:47
kwasi promises the lights will stay on and there,ll be food on the table in global uk 20 21

He has to say that but I wonder if he will resign if the lights go out or deny saying it?
By:
Cardinal Scott
When: 20 Sep 21 19:47
British Exceptionalism

By:
Cider
When: 20 Sep 21 19:49
brexit means re-alignment and some transitory pain. obviously lockdowns were not part of the equation and have superseded anything that brexit could have caused.
By:
1st time poster
When: 20 Sep 21 19:50
once more from the dispatch box

in global world beating britian 2021 WE WILL KEEP THE LIGHTS ON AND PEOPLE WONT GO HUNGRY

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh,

and the tory,s cheered

LaughLaughLaughLaugh,

now that would look funny on the side of a bus in down town kabul
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 20 Sep 21 20:01
Johnson promised lower energy prices
if the brexiteers won.

Looks like another lie.
By:
1st time poster
When: 20 Sep 21 20:09
THE SUNS HEADLINE JAN 2021

NO NEED FOR THE LAST PERSON LEAVING THE BUILDING TO SWITCH THE LIGHTS OFF

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
By:
lapsy pa
When: 20 Sep 21 20:14
Nice map and that should be enough of the guff.
By:
breadnbutter
When: 20 Sep 21 20:18
COP26 gunna be a real hoot now, be as well just opening the pubs in Glasgow 24/7  and giving the 30k delegates beer vouchers.

If they can neatly tip toe around this then you know you been had and games up the pole.
By:
1st time poster
When: 20 Sep 21 20:18
70 companies gambled on gas prices/inflation staying low

make that 70,000 plus gambling on interest rates staying low,including the biggest uk gov plc
By:
Giuseppe
When: 20 Sep 21 20:25
seems to me we still haven't had the answer to the crucial question lapsy asked

why is the price difference so big between UK and EU?
By:
Giuseppe
When: 20 Sep 21 20:27
Serbia isn't in the EU why are prices low there?
By:
1st time poster
When: 20 Sep 21 20:28
just showed on news weve got nearly zero stockpile so forced to buy it at height of markets germany,france ,italy got 10,20 in italy,s case more spare capacity than us
By:
lapsy pa
When: 20 Sep 21 20:29
Cardinal Scott answered it, the EU,s internal market use linked auctions that balance prices across the bloc,the UK is now exposed to high prices.
By:
Giuseppe
When: 20 Sep 21 20:31
ok, and the stockpiles too?

who is responsible for the low levels of stockpiles?
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 20 Sep 21 20:32
Unfortunately we got an oven ready deal but the calor gas had ron oot!
By:
1st time poster
When: 20 Sep 21 20:32
uk gov ignored industry advice and closed a plant down
By:
Giuseppe
When: 20 Sep 21 20:38
the prices vary significantly within the EU according to that graphic, Italy is almost as high as UK
By:
lapsy pa
When: 20 Sep 21 20:40
Bloomberg;The British soft drink federation says it only has a few days of carbon dioxide left to produce beverages,and can't import from the EU due to Brexit.

Doesn't this all apply to food and other things?

While you had the bbc more or less implying Bors single handedly opened up tranatlantic flights today, the starkness of the co2 situation was typically 'bbced'
By:
Just Checking
When: 20 Sep 21 20:54
"Cardinal Scott answered it, the EU,s internal market use linked auctions that balance prices across the "

This is absolute bullsh1t.
By:
1st time poster
When: 20 Sep 21 20:56
kwasi stands at dispatch box says he wont bail out companies, bet he doesnt let the 2 fertiliser plants go to the wall
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 20 Sep 21 20:57
Don't need fertiliser with
the sh1te Johnson and Kuensberg
are producing
By:
thegiggilo
When: 20 Sep 21 21:25
1st time poster20 Sep 21 18:42Joined: 25 Dec 05 | Topic/replies: 48,543 | Blogger: 1st time poster's blog
tax increases
food price inflation
utility price hikes
food shortages
employee shortages
exports getting hammered
fishermen getting hammered
farmers getting hammered
not the brexit brexiteers promised or wanted,the rest to busy pishing themselves to comment

The BBC state propaganda telling us there hasn't been enough windShockedShockedLaughLaughand half of these working class tories will still believe it..thickest people in the world.
By:
----you-have-to-laugh---
When: 20 Sep 21 22:11
But, but but Johnsons speech in usa

But but but, usa travel ban lifted

But but but, Prince Andrew grand daughter

Where's the fecking dingies
By:
SontaranStratagem
When: 21 Sep 21 00:15
A bunch of scruffy fat loons with suits that don't fit being portrayed as "leaders", they can get vaxxines to your veins in weeks but can't get a can of pepsi to your stores... yeah right

Its boring at this point
Page 3 of 7  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com