Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
frog1000
03 Sep 21 19:42
| Topic/replies: 2,800 | Blogger: frog1000's blog
No overrounds allowed.

I will start...

Yes 1.2
No 6.0

With Boris looking to push through extreme Covid powers onto March 2022 and Gove still lurking in the background after letting off some steam last weekend I am concerned they might try this to 'protect the NHS'.
Pause Switch to Standard View What are the odds on another national...
Show More
Report Dr Crippen September 3, 2021 7:47 PM BST
He's almost confirmed it already by saying there won't be another lockdown.

His word is worthless.
Report Giuseppe September 3, 2021 7:47 PM BST
will depend on what happens in Israel

still unclear what waning protection actually means

deaths are still low there

they may pick up, or they may not
Report sixtwosix September 3, 2021 7:51 PM BST
Well as Christmas is a popular and much loved British tradition and all politicians appear to despise Britain and working class people ....I would say it is a cert.
Report A_T September 3, 2021 7:57 PM BST
with so many not having a vaccine and not wearing masks in crowded places it's almost a cert
Report SontaranStratagem September 3, 2021 8:00 PM BST
I would say yes but the only places being closed this time will be pubs, nightclubs and gyms

Everywhere else will be open, and the fact they'll still call it a "lockdown" tells you how stupid it all is at this point

And they are ramping up the none sleevered being to blame for a possible rise in cases and deaths

Australia are at the end of their patience, which is perfectly timed because they will open up again over their summer

Plain
Report antony_27 September 3, 2021 8:00 PM BST
The government will use any excuse it can to try and bully us all into another lockdown, how long will it be before this new 'Afghan' variant of covid suddenly starts infecting everyone
Report SontaranStratagem September 3, 2021 8:01 PM BST
The next one is the "mu variant"
Report SontaranStratagem September 3, 2021 8:01 PM BST
That'll be why they will stop international travel again for the peasants Plain
Report SontaranStratagem September 3, 2021 8:06 PM BST
Delta was just a way to tip toe through summer with a weaker variant that was more infectious

I think this winter could be similar to the 2017/18 one, if we get misty and damp weather (grey skies and just general depressing grey weather) wrap up warm and make sure you wear a snood to cover the mouth and nose, you don't want to be ill at any point during this one, esp with them ramping up the fear and people being fooking paranoid
Report SontaranStratagem September 3, 2021 8:07 PM BST
2017-18 was the worst winter for illnesses we've had in about 30 years

Nasty that one
Report Dr Crippen September 3, 2021 8:10 PM BST
There's always one strain that's dominant, which probably explains why regular flu hasn't had a look it for some time.

It can't compete with covid.
Report Dr Crippen September 3, 2021 8:11 PM BST
Well not yet anyway.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 3, 2021 8:12 PM BST
Hospitals likely being cleared to
cope with winter rush.

Masks helped keep flu away too,

Add flu back into the mix and
all that underfunding of hospitals
could come back to bite.
Report Cider September 3, 2021 8:14 PM BST
Depends what you mean by lockdown. It's implausible they will do the whole hog one. You could see them fooking over the night time industry, restaurants etc again.
Report PorcupineorPineapple September 3, 2021 8:14 PM BST
What do you mean by lockdown?

Schooling and working from home, police intervention on people exercising etc or whingeing because the cinema's shut?
Report Giuseppe September 3, 2021 8:15 PM BST
flu and covid didn't coexist last year

why would it be any different this time round?
Report SirNorbertClarke September 3, 2021 8:15 PM BST
There's about 110 deaths a day at the mo. I reckon the public will tolerate 250 a day before the grumbling starts.

What we need is how many of these deaths are people who haven't had one or two jabs. If it's just anti-vaxers dying then Boris is not going to order another lockdown imho.
Report Cider September 3, 2021 8:16 PM BST
The daily average is 75 (covid mentioned on death cert)
Report Cider September 3, 2021 8:17 PM BST
There's as many, if not more dying due to previous interventions.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 3, 2021 8:19 PM BST
It's about hospital capacity not deaths
, but obviously deaths do clear
a space for next covid victim.
Report Dr Crippen September 3, 2021 8:20 PM BST
If it's just anti-vaxers dying

There are more vaxxed people dying.

Which is explained by far more vulnerable people have been jabbed than haven't.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 3, 2021 8:21 PM BST
Crippen do you understand the word "if"
Report Cider September 3, 2021 8:25 PM BST
It's about whatever variable they choose to push whatever narrative they want to push.
Report Dr Crippen September 3, 2021 8:26 PM BST
The sentence before was a question laugh.

Put the two together and there you go.

Try and keep up.
Report frog1000 September 3, 2021 8:28 PM BST
Was expecting some odds guys. Not a running commentary. This is betting site.
Report Cider September 3, 2021 8:29 PM BST
lol you need more definitive and less ambiguous rules than bf.
Report Dr Crippen September 3, 2021 8:30 PM BST
Sorry.
Report frog1000 September 3, 2021 8:33 PM BST
Ok Cider sorry for lack of clarity.

Another national lockdown to include a restriction that makes it illegal to have people outside your 'bubble' into your own private residence for a few beers.
Report frog1000 September 3, 2021 8:34 PM BST
My prices:

Yes 1.2
No 6.0
Report Giuseppe September 3, 2021 8:41 PM BST
i'd probably lay that

bear in mind there is still no lockdown in israel
Report frog1000 September 3, 2021 8:44 PM BST
Israel got rid of their radical pro-lockdown leader. The new was against lockdown so would be hard for him to bring one in. They also have privately organised healthcare

Boris and Gove have been very eager to press the lockdown button if the polls support it.

Latest polls have 70% supporting another lockdown.
Report Cider September 3, 2021 8:45 PM BST
a bag on @ No 6.0
Report frog1000 September 3, 2021 8:46 PM BST
Ok. We are getting somewhere.

If 6.0 for no is too big what is your price for NO?
Report Cider September 3, 2021 8:49 PM BST
I feel restricting mixing in private homes by law is a long shot. No 1.25
Report Cider September 3, 2021 8:49 PM BST
It might be advised against, but not unlawful.
Report Giuseppe September 3, 2021 8:50 PM BST
i'd want close to evens for yes
Report frog1000 September 3, 2021 8:53 PM BST
So Cider has it:

Yes 5.0
No 1.25
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 3, 2021 8:54 PM BST
So you do understand the word if

But were going off piste

Cheers
Report Cider September 3, 2021 8:54 PM BST
One element to consider is there would be widespread non compliance. Not sure the political government would want to be embarrassed.
Report frog1000 September 3, 2021 8:56 PM BST
Already happening. In London, an area will low vaccine rates and low covid rates (opposite to Israel), I see loads of people not wearing masks on the Tubes. Nothing is done to stop them.
Report Johnny The Guesser September 3, 2021 8:58 PM BST
Lockdown days are done - certainly no restrictions on who can come into your house.
Messaging about protecting , isolating and helping elderly and vulnerable.

I'd be wanting a green no position. I'd be getting stuck into your 6.0 for starters.
My prices
Yes 4
No 1.33
Report Kriskin September 3, 2021 9:00 PM BST
My take on this if the current numbers don't come down in early November we will be going in to some type of local circuit breakers.  To me that is a 10s on chance
Report SontaranStratagem September 3, 2021 9:13 PM BST
They do seem to be gearing up for another one of their "lockdowns" today esp with the extension coming (they called the summer a "firebreak" I mean how much more obvious can it be at this point), we did warn people this was never ending, they'll come out and make excuses to extend these measures (UC claimants are having that extra £20 removed though Laugh although I have a feeling they'll extend it to bribe people)

They'll need to find a way to blame it all on the unvaxxed when it comes to the vaxxed just curling over, they are laying the foundations for that now with blaming them for the variants
Report saddo September 3, 2021 9:20 PM BST
My daughter and her boyfriend have been away for a week and come back with the vid  Laugh
Report casemoney September 3, 2021 9:49 PM BST
No chance of a Lockdown , how will they enforce it ? No one will Listen ..
Report SirNorbertClarke September 3, 2021 9:53 PM BST
Agree 100% casemoney
Report lapsy pa September 3, 2021 9:58 PM BST
I tend to agree as well,as much as i think some form of restrictions will get cases down,people simply have enough, they want to do things and if they catch it so be it.
Report Kriskin September 3, 2021 10:04 PM BST

Sep 3, 2021 -- 3:58PM, lapsy pa wrote:

I tend to agree as well,as much as i think some form of restrictions will get cases down,people simply have enough, they want to do things and if they catch it so be it.

It won't be about the people have had enough.  It will always be about protecting the NHS and hospitals from over crowding

Report shiny new shoes please September 3, 2021 10:06 PM BST
Ring a ring a rosey as the light declines
when health i.d. Was a conspiracy
No odds for that one Angry
Report lapsy pa September 3, 2021 10:06 PM BST
Fair enough point Kriskin.
Report Kriskin September 3, 2021 10:08 PM BST
lapsy - u see yourself the numbers in Carndonagh.  They have been constantly the highest in Ireland for a long time.  What is going on in North Inishowen?
Report lapsy pa September 3, 2021 10:27 PM BST
I haven't Kriskin, i was in Ireland for about 6 weeks until last week, huge difference re people keeping to restrictions,i was shocked by the amount of people wearing masks in Cork city centre but also by the amount of house parties on weekend evenings,you would hear them,odd really,electric scooters deliveroo drivers,emergency sirens an awful lot,it was so weird after almost 2 years, Elderly in UK generally keeping to restrictions but maybe 50% wearing a mask in supermarket last weekend and 25% in petrol station yesterday.
Report wolf3011 September 3, 2021 11:08 PM BST
Is there any other "deadly " virus currently circulating in the human race that has an average age of death above life expectancy- genuine question.
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip September 4, 2021 12:36 AM BST
Kriskin
It won't be about the people have had enough.  It will always be about protecting the NHS and hospitals from over crowding

Good post imo. High chance that the nhs will be overwhelmed in winter and high chance that boris will not try to ride it out.

Its one for the vaccine passport conspiracists to pontificate because this may be his go to answer instead of a lockdown.

Sorry, i have no idea the odds on all this, if i knew i would be minted.
Report dukeofpuke September 4, 2021 1:04 AM BST
wheres polypuny hes good at this stuff
Report casemoney September 4, 2021 1:41 AM BST
It will always be about protecting the NHS and hospitals from over crowding

You cant get into a hospital ,Fook knows how they are overcrowding ,Hospitals are for Sick People all year round 

That's the JOB Get on with it .Where possible NHS staff are working from Home and will be for the foreseeable future .

The restrictions in Eire are Madness many have had enough of the carry on over there .20 dead last 7 days 0 yesterday WTF is going on ?
Report lfc1971 September 4, 2021 1:42 AM BST
another lockdown is unlikely , we should in theory be building herd immunity by now
Report casemoney September 4, 2021 1:44 AM BST
Lads going over for the Irish greyhound  Derby hoping to be allowed into the Restaurant if not fully booked , If not, all piling into a local pub Laugh

Work that out .Shirley have to be safer out in the open at the stadium .
Report nineteen points September 4, 2021 11:53 AM BST
An increase in "short illness" seems to be on the rise.

The most deadly strain for us now,which is killing us off,is the Apathy Strain.
Report Dr Crippen September 4, 2021 12:27 PM BST
Without the running commentary we'd be back to normal now.

They've got the plebs scared out of their wits.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 4, 2021 12:29 PM BST
Back to normal?
Report Dr Crippen September 4, 2021 12:34 PM BST
Try and think of something original to write laugh instead of trolling all the time.
Report Johnny The Guesser September 4, 2021 12:36 PM BST
What isn't normal right now ?
Report Giuseppe September 4, 2021 12:38 PM BST
you can't travel abroad without a vaccine

they're vaccinating kids

covid passports being introduced in north britain

possible covid passports will be introduced down south too at some point
Report Johnny The Guesser September 4, 2021 12:43 PM BST
Just not a problem to me and 10s of millions of others...for us life is normal.
Report CLYDEBANK29 September 4, 2021 12:53 PM BST
I'll take the 6 on no
Report CLYDEBANK29 September 4, 2021 1:04 PM BST
tbh I think you should claim a palpable error .. you posted the odds the wrong way round.

Some form of minor restrictions (mask mandates, nightclubs) could be reintroduced, but i'd think it very unlikely there will be another national lockdown.  Would take a vaccine resistant mutant to do that I'd imagine.
Report A_T September 4, 2021 1:14 PM BST
Anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers. In January a member of your family is seriously ill but the hospitals are full of people who can't breathe. What's your plan?
Report CLYDEBANK29 September 4, 2021 1:24 PM BST
Can't get away from the irony of comparing anti vaxers with anti maskers.  The one that makes a huge difference is voluntary.  The one that makes a minor difference is mandated.
Report Manoleeds September 4, 2021 1:57 PM BST
Have a read of this and say that you think muzzles work https://swprs.org/the-face-mask-folly-in-retrospect/
Report Giuseppe September 4, 2021 2:33 PM BST
"In January a member of your family is seriously ill but the hospitals are full of people who can't breathe."

this has never happened, anywhere, at any point in the last 18 months
Report Giuseppe September 4, 2021 2:34 PM BST
if hospitals are full of people who can't breathe in january, despite 90% of adults being vaccinated, i'm not sure the answer is more vaccines
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 4, 2021 2:43 PM BST
Back to normal?

Try and think of something original to write laugh instead of trolling all the time.

No, not that normal crippen
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 4, 2021 2:45 PM BST
Swiss policy research

Type of site...
    Propaganda, conspiracy theories, pseudoscience
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 4, 2021 2:46 PM BST
The Swiss Policy Research site has been criticized for spreading conspiracy theories including claims that QAnon was a psyop of the FBI.[4] and theories relating to the COVID-19 pandemic.[2][5] German public broadcasterTagesschau calls SPR a propaganda tool.[6]
Report Timber September 4, 2021 2:47 PM BST

Sep 4, 2021 -- 8:45AM, ----you-have-to-laugh--- wrote:

Swiss policy researchType of site...

Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 4, 2021 2:47 PM BST
In 2017 a University of Zurich report on media in Switzerland analyzed "six of the most-discussed 'alternative media'", including SPR, that "resort to conspiracy theories." Daniel Vogler concluded that SPR appears to be a "a pseudoscientific media research project."[8]

Andrea Haefely wrote a critique of the website in the magazine Beobachter in May 2020, noting: "The website Swiss Propaganda Research assumes that the Swiss media does what SPR itself does: feed the readers with questionable information." She also suggested that the persistent use of the letter ß on the site suggests that the content creator is likely to be from outside Switzerland, as this particular letter form is not in common use within Switzerland.[7]

Christoph Neuberger, a professor at the Free University of Berlin, stated that while the SPR website attempts to present its message as objective and neutral, it is clearly political, and its content is pseudoscientific ("pseudowissenschaftlich").[2]

Stephan Russ-Mohl, professor of journalism and media management at the Università della Svizzera italiana, considers the articles on the SPRS to themselves serve as propaganda, rather than being serious research on the subject. He has noted that the anonymity of the website creates doubts over the reliability and authenticity of its research, particularly in a country such as Switzerland, which has full freedom of its press.[6]
Report Timber September 4, 2021 2:47 PM BST
Swiss policy research

Type of site...
    Propaganda, conspiracy theories, pseudoscience

Sounds just like the CDC
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 4, 2021 2:47 PM BST
As recently as April 2021, Swiss Policy Research recommended the use of hydroxychloroquine, and ivermectin for the treatment and prevention of COVID-19[9] despite neither ivermectin[10][11] or hydroxychloroquine[12][13] showing clear evidence of efficacy in the treatment or prevention of COVID-19.
Report Timber September 4, 2021 2:48 PM BST
conspiracy theories  LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

THAT ALL END UP BEING TRUE
Report Timber September 4, 2021 2:49 PM BST

Sep 4, 2021 -- 8:47AM, ----you-have-to-laugh--- wrote:

As recently as April 2021, Swiss Policy Research recommended the use of hydroxychloroquine, and ivermectin for the treatment and prevention of COVID-19[9] despite neither ivermectin[10][11] or hydroxychloroquine[12][13] showing clear evidence of efficacy in the treatment or prevention of COVID-19.

Sounds just like the clot shots

Report nineteen points September 4, 2021 2:50 PM BST
Back to normal? mmmmm cant remember ever paying for a test or 3 when having a holiday before this year.maybe i must of missed that
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 4, 2021 2:52 PM BST
Other pages on the SPR site have previously claimed that, "There is still little to no scientific evidence for the effectiveness of cloth face masks in healthy and asymptomatic individuals. Experts warn that such masks may interfere with normal breathing and may become 'germ carriers' if used repeatedly."[16] this claim appears to have been removed after it was debunked by Health Feedback.[5]

The thickos liked that one.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- September 4, 2021 2:54 PM BST
A graph produced by Swiss Policy Research plotting daily new COVID-19 cases was circulated widely with the claim that "mask mandates may have actually spread COVID-19." When reached by Reuters for comment, SPR said that the social media posts misrepresented their analysis and that they "do not claim or suggest that masks increase cases, nor do we suggest people shouldn't wear masks ."[14]
Report Timber September 4, 2021 2:54 PM BST
Keep wearing your face panties donny ffs

Even the dimmest of wits know they don't work
Report Giuseppe September 4, 2021 2:55 PM BST
what a bizarre post

"masks may interfere with normal breathing and may become 'germ carriers' if used repeatedly"

what part of that is incorrect?

"There is still little to no scientific evidence for the effectiveness of cloth face masks in healthy and asymptomatic individuals."

this is correct. masks offer virtually no protection against covid. they stop you giving it to others (by 10%)
Report Timber September 4, 2021 2:55 PM BST
Amazing that anybody is still wearing face panties after almost 2 years of this nonsense

Just shows how many smoothbrain sheep there are
Report Giuseppe September 4, 2021 2:56 PM BST
"debunked by Health Feedback"

who?
Report Timber September 4, 2021 2:57 PM BST
anybody who wears a mask is a tw@t/pedo/criminal or ALL
Report SontaranStratagem September 4, 2021 8:32 PM BST

Sep 4, 2021 -- 8:50AM, nineteen points wrote:

Back to normal? mmmmm cant remember ever paying for a test or 3 when having a holiday before this year.maybe i must of missed that

The education sec with "we need to return to pre-pandemic normal" when it comes to schools made me think, then clicked on the article NOT expecting to find anything that resembles the "old normal" I knew exactly what I'd read

Which was "face coverings required and regular testing before we can vaxxinate"... so no "pre-pandemic normal" then basically carrying on from post pandemic "normal"

The JCVI were telling us we wont need to vax the kiddies yesterday, Bojo comes out and says "crack on with getting them vaxxinated"... I'd say insanity but this is the stupid games they play, and until we do something about it it wont stop.

Report Giuseppe September 4, 2021 8:33 PM BST
are kids wearing masks in UK schools at the moment?

are they in Ireland?
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com