Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
macarony
27 Aug 21 00:06
| Topic/replies: 7,300 | Blogger: macarony's blog
George W Bush had 911 right at the start of his presadency but this was not generally seen as his fault. Biden on the other hand is always going to be seen as responsible for the situation in Afghanistan. I can imagine a lot of people who voted Democrat wished they never right now
Pause Switch to Standard View Will Biden Survive?
Show More
Report Giuseppe August 30, 2021 6:31 PM BST
switch on sky 515
Report moisok August 30, 2021 6:33 PM BST
gus  I aM a virgin
Report moisok August 30, 2021 6:34 PM BST
the press and governments are trying to terrorise us
Report Giuseppe August 30, 2021 6:35 PM BST
626 on verge
Report Giuseppe August 30, 2021 6:35 PM BST
they can try all they like, they won't able to terrorise me
Report A_T August 30, 2021 6:37 PM BST
FWIW I think it is quite likely that the Afghanistan situation would have played out much the same if Trump were still president.

of course because Trump's deal was all about total withdrawal - and Biden agreed with this - and it's now almost done. The Taliban were always going to take over - the only way to stop that would have been a permanent US military presence which the Taliban would not have taken lying down.

America does have some leverage - Afghan is heavily reliant on aid which the US effectively controls and America also has the keys to $billions of the Afghan government's reserves.

The key now is to keep an eye on the flow of funds from Saudi Arabia to terrorists in the region - that's a lot easier now than in was before 9/11/
Report Giuseppe August 30, 2021 6:40 PM BST
I wonder will trump have to go back into afghanistan to clear up the mess Biden has made
Report moisok August 30, 2021 6:43 PM BST
Big bro  is flat out with the propaganda.   The big bogy man is the taliban etc  - A bit like  Emmanuelle Goldstein 1984 - the press riding along with it all whipping the horse into a gallop!!!Excited
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- August 30, 2021 6:43 PM BST
Had trump won election, its likely usa
would be out quicker, and its possible
they might have got out before taliban
took over. As Taliban would have
had less time to plan.
Report A_T August 30, 2021 6:44 PM BST
I wonder will trump have to go back into afghanistan to clear up the mess Biden has made

do you mean personally? maybe him and Rudi in the clown car?
Report tobermory August 30, 2021 6:44 PM BST
Trump does not start wars, so no.
Report moisok August 30, 2021 6:45 PM BST
you lot are stuck in a democrat ideology  - no critique available from the deep cavern you are lost in
Report Giuseppe August 30, 2021 6:47 PM BST
mo, this has been a doubleplus **** up by sleepy
Report Giuseppe August 30, 2021 6:49 PM BST
stop engaging in  crimethink or i will report you to the thinkpol
Report moisok August 30, 2021 6:57 PM BST
yes but where does that leave lgbtq people like me - where is Joe on all this - is he with us?  I think I know where the taliban are on it  -  multi storey car park time!!
Report moisok August 30, 2021 6:58 PM BST
ps  I have decided not to go on holiday to afghanistan
Report Giuseppe August 30, 2021 6:59 PM BST
I'm not sure

Muslims are not pro-LGB but Iran at least seems to be quite pro-T

doesn't Iran have the most sex change operations per capita?
Report Giuseppe August 30, 2021 7:00 PM BST
Transgender identity is recognized through a sex reassignment surgery. Sex reassignment surgeries are partially financially supported by the state.

Some homosexual individuals in Iran have been pressured to undergo sex reassignment surgery in order to avoid legal and social persecution.[11]

Iran carries out more sex reassignment surgeries than any other country in the world after Thailand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LGBT_rights_in_Iran
Report Giuseppe August 30, 2021 7:01 PM BST
what do you think mo

have you considered defecting to Iran?

you'd have to wear the hijab of course
Report Giuseppe August 30, 2021 7:05 PM BST
it seems trans is tolerated a lot more than homosexuality, to the extent that some gay people legally transition so that they are no longer officially gay
Report moisok August 30, 2021 7:05 PM BST
strangely I have already been to Iran for work.

ps  just watching Joe  - what on earth is he driveling on about
Report moisok August 30, 2021 7:14 PM BST
gus  isn't it interesting how they allow both sides to a discussion - such a fresh approach
Report LoyalHoncho August 30, 2021 9:40 PM BST
Who, anywhere in the world, will now help the Americans in anything after seeing how they have dumped their allies in this awful Afghanistan-retreating-cowardice?
Report lfc1971 August 30, 2021 9:47 PM BST
America is not going to be there to help anyone else
Report dave1357 August 30, 2021 9:49 PM BST
^^rofl trump had already dumped them by tearing up treaties right left and centre.
Report LoyalHoncho August 30, 2021 9:50 PM BST
They weren't in Afghanistan to help someone else either but they persuaded many poor souls, on empty promises, to help them.  What planet are you living on?  Do you know anything other than how to be trite, stupid and irrelevant?
Report lfc1971 August 30, 2021 9:51 PM BST
And with that sort of attitude who could blame them
Report A_T August 30, 2021 9:54 PM BST
America spent 20 years and billions of dollars to try to drag Afghanistan into the 21st century. Ironically it was America and the Saudis who created the Taliban
Report lfc1971 August 30, 2021 9:56 PM BST
Doubtless they are getting weary of taking on the burden , let the usual suspects continue to whine
Don’t expect the American people to listen
Report A_T August 30, 2021 9:58 PM BST
Lots of genocides and atrocities all over the world. America only gets involved when it's in their interests.
Report lfc1971 August 30, 2021 10:02 PM BST
That’s true , don’t expect America to get involved in these problems - they’re all yours England , Wales , Scotland , N Ireland ...
Go ahead
Report dave1357 August 30, 2021 10:22 PM BST
I repeat, trump spent his entire four years mouthing off that the US should leave nato, bring troops back from everywhere in the world.  And made the surrender treaty with the taliban.  Ripped up treaties, sucked up to dictators.  The fact that 10s of millions voted for him again was the end.  All the USA's allies would tell them gfy, if 9/11 happened again, entirely because of trump and his supporters.
Report Giuseppe August 30, 2021 10:23 PM BST
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_derangement_syndrome
Report Foinavon August 30, 2021 10:33 PM BST
It seems to be causing a lot of distress. Is there any cure or is it destined to be a chronic condition?
Report Giuseppe August 30, 2021 10:35 PM BST
no known cure unfortunately
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 30, 2021 10:37 PM BST
Is there any story now that can't be just consumed on partisan lines? Social media seems to have rotted everyone's brains. Is it too difficult to say Trump set it in motion with his deal but Biden had plenty of time to change it if he wanted and at least have a more orderly withdrawal.

Or am I just an idiot for blaming the guy on your pillowcases?
Report Foinavon August 30, 2021 11:17 PM BST
It's no good telling the unvarnished truth, porky, nobody will believe you.
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 30, 2021 11:38 PM BST
No one ever believes me anyway tbf
Report tobermory August 30, 2021 11:45 PM BST
Is there any story now that can't be just consumed on partisan lines?

Good question.

I think the answer is no.

Nowadays 90% of people discussing politics on the internet have a 'narrative' that they have to constantly promote. Everything that happens in the world can be used to justify (or potentially undermine) these narratives.

For a Trump supporter this situation has to be 100% Biden's fault. For a Biden fan it must be 100% on Trump.
Report Whisperingdeath August 30, 2021 11:47 PM BST
Where will the next war be? American industry will need a new Theatre
Report Giuseppe August 31, 2021 12:01 AM BST
Venezuela

Libya maybe

Cuba
Report Giuseppe August 31, 2021 12:03 AM BST
Haiti maybe? what a cluster**** of  a country that is
Report Giuseppe August 31, 2021 12:04 AM BST
Donbass and Crimea could get messy if US continues to grow closer to Ukraine
Report edy August 31, 2021 12:20 AM BST

Aug 30, 2021 -- 5:45PM, tobermory wrote:

Is there any story now that can't be just consumed on partisan lines?Good question.I think the answer is no.Nowadays 90% of people discussing politics on the internet have a 'narrative' that they have to constantly promote. Everything that happens in the world can be used to justify (or potentially undermine) these narratives.For a Trump supporter this situation has to be 100% Biden's fault. For a Biden fan it must be 100% on Trump.

It's the world you wished for. I once asked on here if people do really want to weaken institutions like the BBC - a good, moderating centre-ground broadcaster and replace it with everyone just consuming private "news". News, that are always bound to be dominated by a lust for polarisation of society to bind viewers in their respective bubbles.

You said you wanted everyone to have their bubble alternative reality TV stations. I don't think she ship has sailed for the UK yet like it has for the US. You guys absolutely need to keep the BBC strong if you don't want fringe weirdos to polarise and do a lot of damage to UK civil society.

Report Giuseppe August 31, 2021 12:22 AM BST
"the BBC - a good, moderating centre-ground broadcaster"

lololol
Report edy August 31, 2021 12:23 AM BST
There will be some lost causes already that probably think the BBC is a marxist organisation. Can't save everyone that's been trained to become unhinged.
Report Giuseppe August 31, 2021 12:25 AM BST
edy how do you know what the BBC is like?
Report edy August 31, 2021 12:27 AM BST
Much like you, I am an expert on everything. Just a lot less unhinged.
Report Giuseppe August 31, 2021 12:28 AM BST
that doesn't answer my question

how do you know what type of programming is on BBC?
Report edy August 31, 2021 12:30 AM BST
The BBC is world-renowned as the best, centre-ground, moderating public broadcaster around.

Also, only the most unhinged of the unhinged on either side of the political spectrum on here rally against it.
Report tobermory August 31, 2021 12:31 AM BST
The BBC is not really impartial though. Fake impartiality is worse than partisan news.

I was in any case talking about online discussions.

In the late 2000s if you happened across a thread discussing some big event there was much more likely a range of views.
Report Giuseppe August 31, 2021 12:32 AM BST
you don't actually know what is on the BBC do you?
Report Giuseppe August 31, 2021 12:33 AM BST
"The BBC is world-renowned as the best, centre-ground, moderating public broadcaster around."

lol maybe everywhere except in Britain
Report edy August 31, 2021 12:33 AM BST
A slight Tory/Conservative/Christian Democrat lean is to be expected and accepted with a public broadcaster, Tobermory.
Report Corky August 31, 2021 12:51 AM BST
"A slight Tory/Conservative/Christian Democrat lean is to be expected and accepted with a public broadcaster, Tobermory."

Grin
Report LoyalHoncho August 31, 2021 4:23 AM BST
I believe the beeb was very popular under old grannies bed in Nouvion.  About sums it up really.
Report Whisperingdeath August 31, 2021 11:21 AM BST
I am really confused as to why Donald Chump would negotiate the surrender to The Taliban.

What part of making American Great Again was that all about?
Report A_T August 31, 2021 12:03 PM BST
He's now advocating military action to get back the weapons seized by the Taliban.
Report macarony August 31, 2021 9:30 PM BST
Can anyone give an explanation as to why the Afghan army stood down? I think it was arranged by the Western allies to form and I almost laugh stable Afghanistan
Report PorcupineorPineapple August 31, 2021 9:38 PM BST
Hadn't there just been so many desertions over the months that no-one wanted to hang around and be massacred at the end. They were so weak and once US support disappeared then the game was up.
Report Giuseppe August 31, 2021 11:56 PM BST
they were abandoned overnight

all air support withdrawn
Report Giuseppe August 31, 2021 11:56 PM BST
the afgahns didn;t even know the amercians were elaving bagram until hours after they had gone
Report Giuseppe August 31, 2021 11:58 PM BST
might have been idea doing it more gradually to see what would happen
Report casemoney September 1, 2021 12:12 AM BST
Perhaps the weapons were left as part of the Deal PlainSo as the Taliban can deal with Isis K ,all seems very strange how this Mob suddenly overwhelmed the country .
Report akabula September 1, 2021 12:22 AM BST
Blaming the Trump deal. The Taliban hadn't met the conditions of the deal but Biden pressed on anyways.
Took away all support for the Afghan army who had no chance without the support.
Listen to the military experts, everyone of them blames Biden for the collapse of the Afghanistan army.
Report Giuseppe September 1, 2021 12:38 AM BST
the aircraft were all destroyed before the US left

al jazeera had a reporter touring the airport with the talibs

you could see various trashed MD 530s (small attack helicopter), a Cessna 208 and I think some Super Tucanos
Report Giuseppe September 1, 2021 12:39 AM BST
talibs seemed pissed off about it

turkey and qatar going to run the airport for them apparently
Report Giuseppe September 1, 2021 12:40 AM BST
Biden had already broken the deal by the way: according to Trump's deal he was suppose to be out by May 1st

the idea hes hands were tied is nonsense

some pretext could ahve been found to stay
Report Giuseppe September 1, 2021 12:42 AM BST
Biden suggesting the Afgahns are cowards is an outrageous slur

45,000 casualties since 2014

70,000 dead in total (US has only had 2,000)
Report Giuseppe September 1, 2021 12:43 AM BST
correct: biden was told not to do it by generals and continued regardless
Report Giuseppe September 1, 2021 12:52 AM BST
al jazeera showed trasjed balckhawks too

according to wikipedia 143 more are on order I wonder will they be delivered?

Afghans also have 4 of these bad boys wonder where they are now?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lockheed_C-130_Hercules

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afghan_Air_Force#Inventory_before_the_2021_Taliban_offensive
Report Giuseppe September 1, 2021 12:52 AM BST
trashed blackhawks
Report Giuseppe September 1, 2021 12:54 AM BST
8,500 hummers Surprised

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_equipment_of_the_Afghan_National_Army#...
Report Giuseppe September 1, 2021 12:56 AM BST
few tanks, and those they have are quite old

hummers will be useful and easy to operate
Report Giuseppe September 1, 2021 12:58 AM BST
going to be very difficult for rebels to fight the talibs now

literally thousands of armoured vehicles available to them
Report LoyalHoncho September 1, 2021 6:11 AM BST
"Listen to the military experts"!  Since when did the Ermine Fishwife, whose words you have plagiarised from her twitter page, qualify?  Laugh
Report A_T September 1, 2021 7:04 AM BST
Giuseppe do you believe the Afghan army should have been disarmed?
Report akabula September 1, 2021 9:11 AM BST
@Honcho It was a quote from Dominique Samuels but I'm delighted to see that not only are you following the Baroness on twitter and can quote from her comments.
BTW maybe you should cut out the misogyny when referring to the good lady.
Report moisok September 1, 2021 11:54 AM BST
miss ogeni  fits in well with the islamic doctrine and narrative on here
Report LoyalHoncho September 1, 2021 12:15 PM BST
I don't follow twitter, I am not mysogynist and winding you up is easier than putting one step in front of the other.  As you continue to prove.  Keep colouring in the pages. Laugh
Report moisok September 1, 2021 12:20 PM BST
I think the Taliban are right. Keeping the women in the home protects them. Keeps them safe - after all they are likely to get their heads blown off if they step outside.  So danger is averted.  In some european ghettos they have similar ideas for a woman's welfare.
Report moisok September 1, 2021 12:22 PM BST
And with sharia growing in this country, they can look forward to a comfortable and safe life at home instead of having to mix with unbelievers.
Report LoyalHoncho September 1, 2021 12:26 PM BST
I was invited to help a neighbour one day and did so happily.  I was astonished to see two girls/women in his kitchen all blacked-garbed up whom I had never seen before and have never seen since.  I have long wondered if they live there and never get to see the light of day.  And if that hard line domestic approach is repeated all around the UK it would be very sad indeed, imo.
Report moisok September 1, 2021 12:41 PM BST
but they are safe you see.

and they do not have to go out to work   or put it another way

they are not allowed - just collect benefits in a multi occupied house

who wouldn't?
Report moisok September 1, 2021 12:41 PM BST
I think it is a terrific way to run a home - much better than what the unbelievers get up to.
Report A_T September 1, 2021 12:44 PM BST
moisok - crusader for women's rights
Report moisok September 1, 2021 1:00 PM BST
The tallys have very persuasive methodsCool
Report Giuseppe September 1, 2021 1:58 PM BST
"Giuseppe do you believe the Afghan army should have been disarmed?"

no
Report macarony September 1, 2021 4:36 PM BST
I sure if made Mrs Mac dress in a black sheet and never allow her out the house I would be going to jail
Report Foinavon September 1, 2021 5:10 PM BST
If I did that to Mrs F I would be going to the undertaker.
Report edy September 1, 2021 6:17 PM BST
macarony • September 1, 2021 4:36 PM BST
I sure if made Mrs Mac dress in a black sheet and never allow her out the house I would be going to jail
Report•Quote•Block UserFoinavon • September 1, 2021 5:10 PM BST
If I did that to Mrs F I would be going to the undertaker.

Is this the much bemoaned feminisation of the western man that I keep seeing some folks regularly complain about on here?
Report macarony September 1, 2021 6:53 PM BST
If you had a woman edy just think how hen pecked you could be
Report Foinavon September 1, 2021 8:52 PM BST
edy would have a whale of a time dressing up in her clothes and trying on the heels.
Report TimmyRiggins September 1, 2021 10:23 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSolqQhYgok

Sums up the media's take on things well enough.

Cucker Carlson.
Report Giuseppe September 1, 2021 11:28 PM BST
please don't call him that
Report casemoney September 2, 2021 12:18 AM BST
Best to get your wives a good book if Making them housebound ,Something they can study Each day .
Report casemoney September 2, 2021 12:25 AM BST
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/58412530

Interesting piece from the BBC confirming Joe has been talking shyte for years .
Report casemoney September 2, 2021 12:28 AM BST
BBC confirming Don let 5000 Prisoners out in Exchange for 1000 Afghan security force members

JOBAMA had already let a load out of Guatanamo Shocked The Old lefties not mentioning that on here.
Report akabula September 2, 2021 12:35 AM BST
Honcho responds to my every post yet he says hes winding me up. Laugh
Stick to kicking school kids off their bikes m8.
Report LoyalHoncho September 2, 2021 6:44 PM BST
Your every post?  Laugh  There's only 24 hours in a day.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com